Riza Stingray

Jun 26, 2018
"Work on my machine" or something equally unhelpful.
Joke aside, I have a gut feeling the Assimp library used to load meshes/animations on the fly might have some redistributable dependencies or something, but their documentation list none so maybe not.
Try downloading and installing this, if we are lucky it will be the one missing:
Otherwise, try to upload your "Log.txt" (inside "Ramage_Data") somewhere so I can take a look and see if the system raised a useful error message about it.
Here, I hope it helps

Plumage

Jun 21, 2021
"Input string was not in a correct format"
What's your OS' language and/or culture settings? Parsing need to take language into account and it look like I forgot to cover something.

Riza Stingray

Jun 26, 2018
"Input string was not in a correct format"
What's your OS' language and/or culture settings? Parsing need to take language into account and it look like I forgot to cover something.
Windows 10, Russia.
When I changed the region to English (USA), everything worked.

• Hey there
Reactions: tenstars

Sneaky Weasel

Oct 26, 2020
According to the documentation, Russian shouldn't even be a problem to begin with, but I did find a few spots that weren't fully protected against local language shenanigans so maybe those were the culprits. Hopefully that will be enough and next update will work correctly for everyone.
Off topic question
I want to try to make a custom animation and I have a question. What stallion model is used in the game? I need to know which skeleton should I use for animation.

Plumage

Jun 21, 2021
Ponies (mare, stallion, fillies, colts) are all ReVamped V6. Everyone use the same skeleton - being male just change which head mesh is displayed.

Plumage

Jun 21, 2021
unity explorer
Can't help you with Unity Explorer, but what exactly are you trying to achieve with it?
'cause nearly all the assets used are already publicly available, and if it's just to know how I did some stuff those aren't really trade secrets.

Wolfsbane202

Jan 14, 2018
Can't help you with Unity Explorer, but what exactly are you trying to achieve with it?
'cause nearly all the assets used are already publicly available, and if it's just to know how I did some stuff those aren't really trade secrets.
not anything in particular, i just like to use it to explore around and try things on a whim.

khaelin02

Nov 30, 2017
monkisuma Interactions are female/male. No gay at all, but quite a few lesbian scenes. Technically the only cannon males are Rumble, Shining Armor, Big Mac, Soarin, Big Mac, and Sombra, but even they are female if in female positions.

Last edited:

Plumage

Jun 21, 2021
Yeah, tons of basics fetishes don't have any content yet.
Kinda why I'm focusing on modding right now: I'm just too slow as an animator to ever cover everything that deserve a bunch of animations - or at least not before the heat death of the Universe. The fact that foalcon is the most request by a large margin doesn't help diversify either.
Hopefully with modding now possible, people will be able to just make the stuff they want to see, instead of having to wait years for me to slowly carve away at my ToDo list.

Technically you can already have male/male (or futa/male) stuff with Fillydom's futa version: the "filly" can be male here if you pick a male character - but that's because having a dick or not wouldn't change anything to the animation. Same with "Filly blowjob", although I just checked and it look like I forgot to enable it there. This is also present by default in custom animations, although it can be turned off in the config file if needed.

Last edited:

Sneaky Weasel

Oct 26, 2020
Yeah, tons of basics fetishes don't have any content yet.
Kinda why I'm focusing on modding right now: I'm just too slow as an animator to ever cover everything that deserve a bunch of animations - or at least not before the heat death of the Universe. The fact that foalcon is the most request by a large margin doesn't help diversify either.
Hopefully with modding now possible, people will be able to just make the stuff they want to see, instead of having to wait years for me to slowly carve away at my ToDo list.

Technically you can already have male/male (or futa/male) stuff with Fillydom's futa version: the "filly" can be male here if you pick a male character - but that's because having a dick or not wouldn't change anything to the animation. Same with "Filly blowjob", although I just checked and it look like I forgot to enable it there. This is also present by default in custom animations, although it can be turned off in the config file if needed.

By the way, it's a great idea to add the ability to add custom animations, it has huge potential. As soon as I fully understand how to set up a control rig using rigify to control the default rig, I'm going to try and make some animations, so thank you for making this possible.

Reactions: monkisuma

Sneaky Weasel

Oct 26, 2020
So, using rigify in Blender, I created a control rig to control the default rig and made a simple test animation (attaching to post if anyone wants to see, but it's nothing fancy). I also animated the facial bones, tongue, tail and ears, but this doesn't work in the game and seems to be controlled differently, and I can't control the direction of the eyes either, but I was able to rotate the tail through the config file, but it's inconvenient.

Plumage

Jun 21, 2021
Ooh, nice!
I made a lot of extension/adjustments/redesign to the custom animation system, and hopefully got it running as you intended:

>Tail: Looking at the file, your FBX animation doesn't seem to attempt to use TailBase: only Tail1/Tail2/Tail3/Tail3_end - and those can't be used because they are placed differently from one horse to another - TailBase is the only bone that's common to everyone. Are you sure Rigify didn't just overlook TailBase or something like that?
>Facial bones/ears/tongue: you used "excludechildren:Head", which filter out all of that. Also the "Jaw" bone is named "Javv" in pony models, for some reason.

For the rest:
>Tongue: Forgot I was using an external tongue. Changed it so custom animations use the original SFM tongue instead.
>Jaw/Mouth/Tongue: default position for those can change drastically between models, and that messed the mouth offset in your anim. I uplodaed the exact models used in-game - hopefully using those as reference will reduce the problem:
In the meantime, I added two new config commands:
"Animation-Ramage test anim-excludechildrenposition:Mouth"
"Animation-Ramage test anim-includeposition:Tongue"
They prevent everything parented under the mouth from being moved out of its default position, while letting the tongue do whatever. Not really elegant, but at least this way it work without having to redo the animation.
>Eyes: Added a new config command: "Animation-Ramage test anim-eyetracking: pelvis". You can use it to lock eyes to any existing bone. It seem a few bones like "LeftButt" and "RightButt" don't affect any meshes, so an animation could probably repurpose them as eye targets.
>The giant pony outside: animation file was baked with a low-poly mesh inside, which was loaded as is and standing outside, towering over the map. Added a new config parameter "Model-Ramage test anim-loading:0", so you can tell the system to ignore any model inside.

All of that will be available in the next update, hopefully next Monday if I can get Custom Characters to work properly by then.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes