Plzgibcovid20

Feb 11, 2022
I want to like this game but its so horrible. The fucking skill system makes the game totally unplayable. A game with random battles and endless dead ends which punishes you for fighting random battles and running into dead ends how did they screw up an rpg so badly?

What a waste.

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
I want to like this game but its so horrible. The fucking skill system makes the game totally unplayable. A game with random battles and endless dead ends which punishes you for fighting random battles and running into dead ends how did they screw up an rpg so badly?

What a waste.
No, it punishes you for being inefficient. Rance Quest is all about clever management of skill uses and diversifying your roster. Dead ends don't mean a thing if you have a Covert Movement III Ninja squad with max escape, boosted speed and stun shurikens. World 3 Bros know.

This is a skill issue, bro.

Last edited:

MotenaiRonin

Nov 18, 2018
The trick to getting Kaoru, is there some specific quest or map I need? I have brought Magic to Crypt of the Queen now 10 times, cleared it each time. Haven't gotten an event. Yes I have Crane's rumor.

JumpNeet44

Jan 22, 2021
The trick to getting Kaoru, is there some specific quest or map I need? I have brought Magic to Crypt of the Queen now 10 times, cleared it each time. Haven't gotten an event. Yes I have Crane's rumor.
I think you need to get more characters from rance 6, urza, wichita,magic, well as long as they were from Ice flame, patton works too I think and just do a normal dungeon like maybe the sixth floor?

MotenaiRonin

Nov 18, 2018
Alright, I got it after changing quests. Apparently the event doesn't trigger on the same quest you're doing but on the next one you do. Someone had written change maps, I took that to mean take a purple portal, but it actually means do another quest with Magic in your party.

MotenaiRonin

Nov 18, 2018
I found out that Tama will occasionally get stripped by Rance on a map change event during a quest. Rance does not need to be in the party. Her equipment was removed for the rest of the quest. Perhaps if someone can confirm we can start documenting this.

Last edited:

Epis

Nov 2, 2022
How to install this version 1.002 please....I wanna update my Rance Quest Magnum to version 1.002

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Ok, Here's my heavily modified save with Cheat Engine and this is the info so far(made with all intention to rush through original game content):
Code:
- 57 Characters.
- Rance at in-game limit(level 1001, yeah, he does have one).
- All the girls out of those are with Curse at max, proper skill sets and all overlimit with modified cap to level 500.
- Entire Rance Quest(not magnum) route done. Basically this game forces players to repeat it 3 or 4 times to see everything and like dark souls, difficulty gets up with each NG+, to make NG+ appear, repeat the final battle stage(Kalar Tower and their 30 floors) and pick the second option, so, it'll generate the mission "To a New World".  After doing it once, Magnum(add-on) content will start popping up.
- I've skipped through heroes and how to recruit them asap, only ignored some that were too bothersome to recruit even with cheat engine like the healer that asks for x number of deaths within the same stage run for example.
- I've removed the skill go home from the otaku girl because i hated her abandoning mid-quest, even if it happening sometimes is ok cool, the chance is 20%, so she will spam that sometimes very fast and others, will take a while.
Note that i didn't use the "Instant Max Level" with Rance on party, game bricks and frozes in a loop trying to give him max level as the other girls, though in his case, he have a cap and doesn't(kinda glitched in this). And i also avoided anything that would brick the system/make advance impossible. Thus, this is a cheated save within the limits while only modifying the level caps to go faster and using the table by Cake-san. Player can reset the heroes by doing mission 13 i think?(Alice Mansion) where she asks if u want to reset them to level 1 and starting data. I wouldn't recommend picking this option if u're on a NG+ with harder mobs and so. Well, have fun.

You can get the table+updates here(if Cake-san adds more stuff).
I have a question about this save: I couldn't trigger New Game+ with it, no matter what I do! Can you please explain further how to do it? Thanks?!
Edit: No need for help, I figured it out.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 10 Votes