DrGrigor

Nov 12, 2018
In fairness, Steam is a recognizable household brand and they have the right to protect their branding however they see fit. That's not censorship so much as good business practice. In the end they are a company in it for profit, and next to the Epic client, they need to protect their image. When you go to a company's website to host your things, you have to follow their rules even when they change because you uploaded something. That's just how everything works. IIRC I saw a video explaining that the Dev (correct me if I'm wrong here) even said that Steam was probably not the place to put it up.

The game's not my cup of tea, and in the current social and political climate, not many other people like it either, Valve included. That being said, if this was a ploy to get recognition for the game, support for the game, and get the dev's name out there, it was fucking genius. Nothing garners more clicks than a controversy.
Of course it is just to generate a cheap publicity, else why does the dev use the word Rape for the game title at all.

Was this made to literally just prod the Steam hands-off approach to game submission to their platform? I mean I guessed it would be utter garbage when I saw articles that mentioned it boasting a pretty pathetic word count, and those renders really do look unfinished and I think that's me being generous. The title has to be intentionally provocative because it's very very lazy otherwise.
I never had any intention of playing this. I'm not judging anyone with an interest in the kind of content this seems to offer since probably 90% of the adult games I've played in the last 6 months have had some kind of sexual assault (drugging, mind control, or straight up sleep assault), but I just knew this one wouldn't be for me because this just seemed way too on the nose with it all. It takes a lot for something to come across as vulgar to me so I feel like they must have been trying really hard to be offensive rather than actually feeding anyone's specifically dark kinks. I just feel like anyone actually caring about the content they make would put more effort into what they made.

Please don't misunderstand that just because I recognise the vulgarity that I'm offended by this game or anything. Placing events into a world such as a zombie apocalypse completely detaches it from reality to me, so I'd have a tough time being offended by the content. I'm more offended by the dev and how little they seemed to give a shit about the quality of what they've put out haha.
Yup, definitely agree about it. Just another lazy attempt.

Those who said this is good obviously never try other vn of same genre with good quality such as Kangoku Senkan.

lukazil

Oct 30, 2017
Hey man, publicity is publicity. Lotta folks out there probably mad they didn't think of it themselves in all honesty.
until it catches the attention of legislators/ special interests and they fuck with the game industry. Purposefully causing a controversy for no other reason then to try and drum up attention to yourself is childish and selfish.

Back on topic: tried the game out, it was amateur and boring, which could be forgiven if they'd released it here, but since the dev put it out on steam and wallowed in it's banality, I find it to be utter garbage.

Dad of Boy

Jan 20, 2018
until it catches the attention of legislators/ special interests and they fuck with the game industry. Purposefully causing a controversy for no other reason then to try and drum up attention to yourself is childish and selfish.

Back on topic: tried the game out, it was amateur and boring, which could be forgiven if they'd released it here, but since the dev put it out on steam and wallowed in it's banality, I find it to be utter garbage.
Fair enough. I haven't really kept up with the story. There's actual legislation involved now?

Wild.

DrGrigor

Nov 12, 2018
Fair enough. I haven't really kept up with the story. There's actual legislation involved now?

Wild.
Not yet as far as it was concern, but it is only a matter of time before such a stupidity action was taken note by them. Take a example with meme. Isn't EU try to get them ban in the first place? If thing such as meme which is harmless could be motion to ban, imagine what would they do with game that degrade woman.

Hey man, publicity is publicity. Lotta folks out there probably mad they didn't think of it themselves in all honesty.
They probably did, but they don't want to receive backlash for their attempt. To be honest, if the developer is really good with their work. They don't really need to cash in with such a enfeeble attempt. Looking at how much the developer try to charge other to buy this game at Steam really tell you how much you need to know.

I am kinda into mind control, mind break, rape, slave, submission & corruption genre game. So far only a few developer like Mr.C & Lilith did a good work in this genre.

Reactions: dussalant

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Scottish politicians were particularly vocal about the situation, and once one political forum speaks up I can imagine others might feel pressure to interject. Particularly the US since Valve/Steam is a US company.

Dad of Boy

Jan 20, 2018
They probably did, but they don't want to receive backlash for their attempt. To be honest, if the developer is really good with their work. They don't really need to cash in with such a enfeeble attempt. Looking at how much the developer try to charge other to buy this game at Steam really tell you how much you need to know.
You make a pretty good point actually with that one.

Scottish politicians were particularly vocal about the situation, and once one political forum speaks up I can imagine others might feel pressure to interject. Particularly the US since Valve/Steam is a US company.
That makes sense. Can't be the side of the aisle that implies that games like this, visible to all are acceptable or whatnot. I'm hoping it'll all blow over in a week or two once people put this out of their minds and realize that it was a stunt. Given how media these days works I doubt Steam will face any real repercussions.

Reactions: dussalant
May 27, 2017
Game looks and plays like shit, and that's from a site famous for uploading 'sexually thrilling' renpy games that have no actual content and are version 0.0001. I can only imagine you made this with the intention of striking up controversy and not actual quality for a very underdeveloped niche. The lack of actual options, the god awful renders, ham fisted attempt at animation (even by renpy standards) and the 'ending' just made the game a fucking nightmare.

But welldone to you for earning your 15 minutes of fame.

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
meh, played it to see what all the hullabaloo is all about and why Steam had to take it down. i honestly don't understand the controversy. terrible game, terrible main character, terrible story, and terrible ending. not worth the download but that whole controversy with Steam was not necessary, it's just a game.

carnage655

Jan 29, 2018
I still dont get why somebody tries this kind of game on Steam. The only game that would deserve a spot on Steam would be Milfy City when its completed and without certain patch. Maybe Dreams of Desire would be good fit to Steam too.

• Angry
Reactions: MCDom

TranceTitan

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, this game is garbage. Bad writing, horrible renders, nonexistent comedy.

And yet all the idiots will keep treating the dev like some sort of "martyr having his art censored by those damn essjaydubyas". It's fucking impressive, he played everyone like a damn fiddle.
Yeah it seemed like both sides were as predictable as elementary books. People want to jump on SJWs go ahead the word has no literal meaning anymore hell I can be an SJW depending on who doesn't like me at the time. The game is just a thing but everyone is trying to hold it up and celebrate for an event that never happened. It got taken off Steam and that should have been it and consider that Steam has far worse games on it and allows them a game getting taken off their regardless of content is no news.

2.20 star(s) 30 Votes