4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

nugogo555

Mar 20, 2018
try newer version? also try both x64 and x86

Reactions: FunkyJustin

Stay Alive

Nov 14, 2017
Screenshot (1559).png

i keep getting this error even though i tried to open in windows 7 and Windows XP Service pack 3. and also with the dxvk. is there something else missing here?

asf8yu75

Feb 19, 2024
I am trying to run this on Windows 7 Ultimate and the subtitles are corrupted having weird unicodes! I have tried compatibility modes without any luck. Does anyone got a fix for this

Roberto Gomes

Feb 7, 2018
subtitles does not work for me, i use windows 10 and the game works just fine, the subtitle mod appears on the start but no subtitles appear when the girls talk.

teucer41

Jan 3, 2024
I downloaded the game and it was running fine but the translations in the dialogue box was bugged, was it always like this or is there a fix?

Last edited:

POCHITA99

Oct 27, 2023
im on windows 11 and i tried the "no lag + no watermark + subs (2022 - updated)" and put the .dll in the game folder and the game was still extremely laggy for me. what works for me now is this D3D9.dll from this link, . the dgVoodoo watermark is there, and its not really a big deal to me but i'd like to know if its possible to make the watermark go away.
Hi im also on Win 11 can you post a step by step on how you installed it because i just cant seem to figure it out.

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018
Can anyone post a step by step tutorial on how to install and play this plz.
Hi i can help you a bit this example can help for this game and any other game with a different Uni code.

First you need windows as a platform, I used windows 10.
Go in your windows settings and "time and language" from there go to "Region" click under "country or region" and select "Japan" example -->
P1.PNG

Second thing in the "time and language" tab go to "Language" and "Windows display language" to "Japan" you should have "Japanese language" installed and click on it to use it example -->
P2.PNG

Third thing go to Control panel and click on Clock and Region from there just click on Region example -->
C1.PNG

When you are inside the Region tab under Format select "Japanese (Japan)" example -->
C2.PNG

Then for the last thing go inside the Administrative section where the "Language for non-Unicode programs" is click "Change system locate" and select "Japanese (Japan)" example -->
C3.PNG

When you are done with the installation just change back the settings if you want.

If you have problems with the game if you crash click on the game exe and go to properties and change compatibility to windows 7 with the game exe.

Use the fix for the game that is provided here that will help too.

Reactions: POCHITA99

POCHITA99

Oct 27, 2023
Hi i can help you a bit this example can help for this game and any other game with a different Uni code.

First you need windows as a platform, I used windows 10.
Go in your windows settings and "time and language" from there go to "Region" click under "country or region" and select "Japan" example -->
View attachment 3412699

Second thing in the "time and language" tab go to "Language" and "Windows display language" to "Japan" you should have "Japanese language" installed and click on it to use it example -->
View attachment 3412714

Third thing go to Control panel and click on Clock and Region from there just click on Region example -->
View attachment 3412722

When you are inside the Region tab under Format select "Japanese (Japan)" example -->
View attachment 3412727

Then for the last thing go inside the Administrative section where the "Language for non-Unicode programs" is click "Change system locate" and select "Japanese (Japan)" example -->
View attachment 3412733

When you are done with the installation just change back the settings if you want.

If you have problems with the game if you crash click on the game exe and go to properties and change compatibility to windows 7 with the game exe.

Use the fix for the game that is provided here that will help too.
Thanks for the help

Reactions: HentaiSlaves

FunkyJustin

May 17, 2018
try newer version? also try both x64 and x86

Thank you so much, it fixed my LAG ISSUE, couldn't solve this back in 2021 no matter how many .dlls I tried, good thing I came back at the right time.

For future reference, I'm on Windows 10

Simply drag and drop all the .dlls under the directory: dgVoodoo2_82_3.zip\MS\x86\
1709762568414.png

This is what my Root Directory looks like for your reference:

1709762577594.png

Reactions: DEVTT

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
I tried downloading the game and there is no option to download it. When I go through the download options via the links, I get a WinRAR file.
Well, duh. Have you never downloaded anything here before? Literally every game here is compressed with either WinRAR or 7Zip. Extract the RAR archive, then follow the installation instructions in the OP and any fixes you need fromt he comments.

magicoflolis

Jun 13, 2019
I'll save everyone else the trouble... just use Windows 7!

The DirectX versions on Windows 10 and greater do not work with this game. In addition, your GPU drivers might inject itself into the game which can cause the game to crash on startup.

This game also likes to randomly not work, for example when installing the lag fix I had tested the same Windows 7 Ultimate iso on two different virtual machines and one machine worked just fine while the other crashed on start up everytime. If it works for you <insert name here> on Windows 10 or 11 then great! For the rest of us not so great...

You can also find mods for this game on the inside " "

In a nutshell just setup a virtual machine ("Oracle VM VirtualBox") to play it or play the many similar games Illusion has made. (PlayHome, PlayClub, RealPlay, etc.)

• Haha
Reactions: Shipfan66

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
I'll save everyone else the trouble... just use Windows 7!

The DirectX versions on Windows 10 and greater do not work with this game. In addition, your GPU drivers might inject itself into the game which can cause the game to crash on startup.

This game also likes to randomly not work, for example when installing the lag fix I had tested the same Windows 7 Ultimate iso on two different virtual machines and one machine worked just fine while the other crashed on start up everytime. If it works for you <insert name here> on Windows 10 or 11 then great! For the rest of us not so great...

You can also find mods for this game on the inside " "

In a nutshell just setup a virtual machine ("Oracle VM VirtualBox") to play it or play the many similar games Illusion has made. (PlayHome, PlayClub, RealPlay, etc.)
DirectX version works just fine with dgVoodoo and all the directX dll's included with it. Also, PlayHome works perfectly with no external adjustments if you use ScrewThisNoise's repack from here on F95. You don't even have to bother mounting an .iso file because STN already stuck everything in the 7zip archive. No installation, just extract and play. Not even gonna go there about Illusion/Illgames titles after that because everyone on this site already knows where the repacks are on here, and half the game devs use them without issues.
Such very, very bad advice for your very first post on this site. Please check your info better next time.

dante42

Jul 6, 2019
Make sure you disable antivirus when running RL Harem. It will show up as a false positive. Is there anyway the moderater of this thread can up this on the first page?
I am super late (maybe) but when i extract the zip the files is empty, need help please

KRONOS115

Dec 27, 2023
Thank you so much, it fixed my LAG ISSUE, couldn't solve this back in 2021 no matter how many .dlls I tried, good thing I came back at the right time.

For future reference, I'm on Windows 10

Simply drag and drop all the .dlls under the directory: dgVoodoo2_82_3.zip\MS\x86\
View attachment 3417452

This is what my Root Directory looks like for your reference:

View attachment 3417453
this doesnt work with subs tho

magicoflolis

Jun 13, 2019
DirectX version works just fine with dgVoodoo and all the directX dll's included with it. Also, PlayHome works perfectly with no external adjustments if you use ScrewThisNoise's repack from here on F95. You don't even have to bother mounting an .iso file because STN already stuck everything in the 7zip archive. No installation, just extract and play. Not even gonna go there about Illusion/Illgames titles after that because everyone on this site already knows where the repacks are on here, and half the game devs use them without issues.
Such very, very bad advice for your very first post on this site. Please check your info better next time.

AT LONG LAST I HAVE FIXED IT!

In a nutshell (I could be very wrong) GPU drivers might override DirectX 9 system calls on latest versions of Windows 10 and above.

I "fixed" this using dgVoodoo AND a dgVoodoo.conf file and changed the OutputAPI to d3d11warp rather than the default "bestavailable"

INI:
[General]

;       OutputAPI: "d3d11warp", "d3d11_fl10_0", "d3d11_fl10_1", "d3d11_fl11_0",
;                  "d3d12_fl11_0", "d3d12_fl12_0", "bestavailable"

OutputAPI                            = d3d11warp
I have attached my config for others to find.

In addition, I strongly recommend using to scale the game to your native resolution.

P.S. I still stand by what I originally said, figuring this out was not worth the pain.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes