applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
That's a pretty good assessment, you should post it as a review
Oh yeah I probably should I have a bad habit of doing this. Typing a mini essay as just a comment. I guess part of it comes from an unwillingness to leave a review on a unfinished product. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt if it was a positive review. I think I'll just leave it as a comment if it's negative from now on. Though I feel leaving it as a comment allows the dev to reply to it which is a big plus. Also there is some personal recommendations in there that I hesitate to put in a review as it my view on how the content should develop.

Also leaving it as a comment allows other people to chip in, and acts as an effective bookmark in an active thread :ROFLMAO:

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Been following this game since I first saw it on this site. I love how unique it is and how you have to carefully plan your actions due to the timer.
Hey there, thank you for your thoughts! I'll try to do them service in my response.

My only concern is how the game seems to lock you on one path from the get go. For example if I got charm in the begining the game sort of forces me to continue using charm for every event as that is the only option I have as every time I get charm it usually is at the expense of strength. Although I can see why this was done as it allows replayablility as one can then try a different route next time one plays.
Yeah, it's tricky to strike the right balance between rewarding playstyle and locking out paths. As the game develops, I'm paying close attention to the stat/check system; it's very possible that it'll get a review. Currently I'm considering:

- giving a stat increase if you fail a check, representing learning from your mistakes
- replacing the instadeaths with an injury system

In a similar note I don't like how some of the choices with the merchant seem to be on the extremes for example when you first meet the merchant you have the choice of either accepting her deal or killing her. The same with getting funds from the merchant its either accept or just take. I feel like since we made willingness to negotiate a core part of her character it seems kinda silly that we aren't able to negotiate.
I always like expanding options! You make a good point, if I can work in some granularity I'll do so.

The sex scenes are also nicely paced as most of them have nice bite size chucks of text. In the case that the scenes are long they usually have choices sprinkled through out such that one isn't forced to read a huge wall of text like many other games. I would say my favorite scene so far would be the one where the farm girl Marie thanks you for raping her. I loved this scene as I have a rape kink and the fact that she is thanking you just makes this even better. I hope there are more scenes like this for her.
Thank you! I'm not a seasoned writer, so hearing positive feedback is great :)

The one thing I kinda disturbed me though was the inconsistency with the character design. I know there are place holder art but for some of the commissioned art the character design seems to change. For example the tit job from the merchant has an almost human penis while the opening scene had you with a purple penis.
Oh boy, commissioning art on a limited budget is a journey. Once we've got placeholders replaced and our main scenes done, I'm planning to sweep back and standardise more of the art; right now, however, my priority is getting everything in approximate shape.

There is also some inconsistency with the character dialogue. For example I never had sex with the abbess instead opting to continue raping the first priestess/nun I found yet later the abbess references having sex with me when she was with the kobolds.
I always appreciate reports of consistency errors! With a nonlinear game and so many variables in the air, there's always the risk they'll sneak through. The best place to report these is on #bug-reports on our Discord, where they'll be dealt with as a priority.

Overall I love the game especially the open world feel it kinda has. Each place has its own personality that makes it feel alive and different from the others. The background art was also excellently chosen given the world a dark feel to it with the lighting in most places being relatively dim.

PS can we play the two thief sisters against each other? such as having one assist in the rape of the other in exchange for freedom?
I am intending to have branching paths, with varying degrees of awfulness, for our beloved crime duo. The first path is arriving very soon, and I'll be expanding it out from there.

I feel leaving it as a comment allows the dev to reply to it which is a big plus. Also there is some personal recommendations in there that I hesitate to put in a review as it my view on how the content should develop.

Also leaving it as a comment allows other people to chip in, and acts as an effective bookmark in an active thread :ROFLMAO:
That makes sense! I often find myself wishing I could reply to a reviewer to acknowledge their points, or let them know if something they didn't like has been sorted out.

Tort

Feb 25, 2018
First time I played I definitely felt locked out of things... but I am definitely able to get both strength and charm up fairly easily... I've been struggling with my cruelty (I haven't yet done a mercy playthrough)... but maybe that's just me and how I've found to play.

The only definitive hard lock out is lair choice... which TBH I don't have a problem with, that's what multiple playthroughs are for!

ThatOneLamp

Sep 12, 2017
I know its pretty late but for your next project (If you decide to do one) another way to do stats without locking you out is by doing something like a fighting style=personality

for example when a fight occurs you could give multiple options and try to have the player figure out what attack would align with their personality.
1.Fake being wounded and wait for the enemy to drop their guard and sweep them with your tail
2.Rush the enemy and go for the throat
3.Blast the enemy with a breath of fire
4.Go on the defensive and tire the opponent out

If you have been sneaky, lying or being a cheeky bastard you would have more scoundrel points and choice number 1 would be your best choice but if you are more ruthless 2 would work for you. This way you won't have to always be aggressive to be strong, but be strong in your own way. If you are charming use your charm to disarm the opponent, sneaky then play dirty, intelligent? pick a choice that outmaneuvers them.

I hope this makes a little sense, also good Luck with the game!

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Sorry for taking a while to reply.
Yeah, it's tricky to strike the right balance between rewarding playstyle and locking out paths. As the game develops, I'm paying close attention to the stat/check system; it's very possible that it'll get a review. Currently I'm considering:

- giving a stat increase if you fail a check, representing learning from your mistakes
- replacing the instadeaths with an injury system
Yes! Giving stats for failing is a great incentive I often think that games should do that more often. Yet many of them just go you fail ok now moving on. Doing this would allow you to soften the blow of failure and may even cause some players to think they are being clever by failing in order to gain stats! I am definitely in favor of this approach! On top of that if there stats locked a character out of a path but you want them to be aware of it you can even have a grey out option that shows a potential path they could have taken if they had the right stats (best to reserve this for big story moments of course).

Thank you! I'm not a seasoned writer, so hearing positive feedback is great :)
Don't worry we all start somewhere its just important to identify whats good and continue that while stopping whats bad.
Oh boy, commissioning art on a limited budget is a journey. Once we've got placeholders replaced and our main scenes done, I'm planning to sweep back and standardise more of the art; right now, however, my priority is getting everything in approximate shape.
Of course that's understandable in fact I think most of us are actually ok with inconsistent design and would rather see more content instead! Experiment with whatever art you want its your project just make sure to choose one you are happy with. If there is a tie then use a poll!
I always appreciate reports of consistency errors! With a nonlinear game and so many variables in the air, there's always the risk they'll sneak through. The best place to report these is on #bug-reports on our Discord, where they'll be dealt with as a priority.
Got it! Joining discord I guess.
I am intending to have branching paths, with varying degrees of awfulness, for our beloved crime duo. The first path is arriving very soon, and I'll be expanding it out from there.
MWAHAHAHA! I look forward to causing suffering for these puny mortals. Oh speaking of awfulness would it be possible for me to take over the monastery? I would love to have a bunch of nuns for minions. Ok maybe getting a second bases is much further in the future. Anyways I look forward to whatever creative direction you take this game as long as I can be dragon! Also that fire breath option at the beginning was pretty funny I was surprised at the result. I wonder if that will be my breath attack for the rest of the game :ROFLMAO: . Well I guess that will make me some sort of weird Chinese dragon then (They have various breath attacks most notably water though some blast cold air instead)

PS how did you split my post apart while quoting? I had to repeatedly quote you post which was a minor inconvenience.

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I know its pretty late but for your next project (If you decide to do one) another way to do stats without locking you out is by doing something like a fighting style=personality...

I hope this makes a little sense, also good Luck with the game!
Thank you! I did consider this approach (kinda like how it's implemented in Dragon Age II). Ultimately it felt a bit like you were flavouring the existing content rather than creating unique paths. Which is not a bad thing! But not what I wanted for Ravager, where I wanted distinct (but flexible) routes through the narrative.

Yes! Giving stats for failing is a great incentive I often think that games should do that more often. Yet many of them just go you fail ok now moving on. Doing this would allow you to soften the blow of failure and may even cause some players to think they are being clever by failing in order to gain stats! I am definitely in favor of this approach!
You'll be pleased to hear that I'm trialling it in next weekend's build :)

MWAHAHAHA! I look forward to causing suffering for these puny mortals. Oh speaking of awfulness would it be possible for me to take over the monastery? I would love to have a bunch of nuns for minions. Ok maybe getting a second bases is much further in the future. Anyways I look forward to whatever creative direction you take this game as long as I can be dragon! Also that fire breath option at the beginning was pretty funny I was surprised at the result. I wonder if that will be my breath attack for the rest of the game :ROFLMAO: . Well I guess that will make me some sort of weird Chinese dragon then (They have various breath attacks most notably water though some blast cold air instead)
All the areas will be conquerable in Act IV, and I'll be adding some cool conditional stuff based on your previous interactions there.

PS how did you split my post apart while quoting? I had to repeatedly quote you post which was a minor inconvenience.
Copy-pasting the quote tags like a scrub.

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
You'll be pleased to hear that I'm trialling it in next weekend's build :)
Yay! \o/

All the areas will be conquerable in Act IV, and I'll be adding some cool conditional stuff based on your previous interactions there.
All the Areas? :oops: looks at my dead kobolds hmmm... guess I better get to work

Copy-pasting the quote tags like a scrub.
Well at least your not alone in this

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Ravager 2.4.3 is now .

Dev Notes
  • Our seventh weekly build! Amongst this one’s features are a couple of major scenes (which I hope you’ve been looking forward to as much as I have), a boatload of new voice acting, and some small but significant tweaks to the game experience.
Features
  • Scene: the commoner girl has a surprise for you (collab with Eliterose, Dreamweaver choice).
  • Scene: let’s not leave Sabetha & Inej hanging.
  • Plot: congratulations! It’s a boy (collab with Eliterose).
  • Art: Ziz lends the dragon a hand (Lubbio).
  • Art: Marie-Anne does some work on all fours (Lubbio).
  • Animation: the huntress’s wounded idles (Amon Ra).
  • Voice: Darja’s responses to premature advances (Jess).
  • Voice: Inej’s capture, escape, and release.
  • Voice: revised, expanded, and even more punchable lines for Regent Balthorne (Joff).
  • Voice: the dragon’s lair building choices, and interactions with Heloise (GreyScale).
  • Voice: Breaker’s graduation for Marie-Anne (Rado).
  • Voice: assorted kobolds (Ash).
  • Music: the draft version of our new lair theme (Mortalitech).
  • BG: new backgrounds for the shack, demonic altar, inferno, and the protean rapture (Mortalitech).
  • BG: retouched backgrounds for the courtyard, wildlands, town, and peasant room (Mortalitech).
Tweaks
  • The rogue sisters’ intro skit has been updated, and will play once more.
  • A new ‘Goofiness’ content flag has been added to the Preferences menu. It does… well, who knows?
  • Failing a strength or charm check now grants you a bonus point in the corresponding attribute. This should provide some flexibility if you wish to alter direction mid-game.
  • When you ask Cuchilla her name, you can give her a nickname.
  • Improved image handling during the farmgirl’s happy captive scenes.
  • Added support for flipped graphics, starting with the huntress in interludes.
  • Sleeping with the nun grants Potency.
  • If you don’t like your initial options for capturing Valzira, you may return to Malagar later for another brainstorming session.
  • The nun’s animations now face towards the left.
  • The lair theme transitions in more smoothly.
  • The rogue sisters’ painted portraits are a little taller.
Fixes
  • You can no longer use the power of indecision to farm reputation at the Gutter’s Cove tavern.
  • The chamber will properly ‘reset’ if you revisit it after it has been used.
  • Your first time with Issa grants Potency more consistently.
  • Issa’s room decor is more consistent.
  • Restored a missing image for the Inquisitrix.
  • Assorted grammar and stage direction improvements.
  • And everything found in the playtest (thanks GrayRaven!).

ADF

Jun 30, 2017
Will we get some more character depth? I'm all for archetypes and fun new ideas, but it would be cool if something was added along the lines of a "Relationship" system. I mean, most of them are captives, so a bit adapted, but it would be neat if you could spend time/actions per night to talk with some of your captives and Charm/Mercy/Cruel them into joining you as more than a prisoner (slaves/wives/soldiers/leaders/diplomats/spies/etc...). Maybe give a stat bonus.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Will we get some more character depth? I'm all for archetypes and fun new ideas, but it would be cool if something was added along the lines of a "Relationship" system. I mean, most of them are captives, so a bit adapted, but it would be neat if you could spend time/actions per night to talk with some of your captives and Charm/Mercy/Cruel them into joining you as more than a prisoner (slaves/wives/soldiers/leaders/diplomats/spies/etc...). Maybe give a stat bonus.
I will continue to add interactions with our waifus as time goes on. I've got a few ideas for expansion, but it's likely to be implemented differently to the kind of relationship systems seen in other games; Ravager is orientated towards quick gratification, and away from any kind of grinding.

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017
So i am loving the new versions but I have 2 questions I cant seem to answer. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

1) How do you capture the twins? Any attempt I do ends in me dying or we just split paths.

2) how do i get enough treasure for the treasure option with the commoner girl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilaem

ADF

Jun 30, 2017
I will continue to add interactions with our waifus as time goes on. I've got a few ideas for expansion, but it's likely to be implemented differently to the kind of relationship systems seen in other games; Ravager is orientated towards quick gratification, and away from any kind of grinding.
Okay cool! I was just curious as to how the dragon could get to know some of their stories. I'll admit the thought came about because of the Drunk; when the Dragon asks "Why do you drink?" I was expecting some foreshadowing of a character history with some great injustice or tragedy. Did chuckle at the answer though.

Also, when the Dragon gets older/bigger, will there be any Soft Vore options? Both for kink's sake and for less messy eating in general. Once the dragon hits somewhere around young adult stage I'm guessing he'll be large enough to swallow people whole.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
If I my ask, are plans for incest still in work?
The thief sisters have a scene together in , and they'll have more as time goes on. There will be another character that plays with those themes, but I'm not in a position to announce them just yet.

So i am loving the new versions but I have 2 questions I cant seem to answer. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

1) How do you capture the twins? Any attempt I do ends in me dying or we just split paths.

I recommend checking ; the commoner girl just needs you to have some treasure remaining.

Okay cool! I was just curious as to how the dragon could get to know some of their stories. I'll admit the thought came about because of the Drunk; when the Dragon asks "Why do you drink?" I was expecting some foreshadowing of a character history with some great injustice or tragedy. Did chuckle at the answer though.
Ha! That was a deliberate decision on my part; I wanted to subvert expectations there. Cooch is (lovable) trash.

Also, when the Dragon gets older/bigger, will there be any Soft Vore options? Both for kink's sake and for less messy eating in general. Once the dragon hits somewhere around young adult stage I'm guessing he'll be large enough to swallow people whole.
Yes; there's a couple for Issa (he's nice and easy to fit in your mouth), and I'll add more with time.

Ilaem

Dec 27, 2017

I recommend checking ; the commoner girl just needs you to have some treasure remaining.
1) I asked it previously but no one answered me...
I had read in the changelog of an earlier version that they had been implemented and that it was possible to capture them but there were still no other options, I tried to remake some of their scenes but I have not solved anything, they sneak in to steal the dragon's treasure, but if you have guards or traps they don't try... after trying again and again I have captured them, it seems that the event is random ... but if you are unlucky it may happen that you do not catch them in a whole run :cry:

2) Maybe, i haven't tried, you have to go back to city in ch2 / ch3 after stolen few treasure somewhere?

Last edited:

secretjacqfar

Jul 28, 2017
walkthrough says the issa scene is repeatable as a captive but there doesn't seem to be a way to trigger it

also killing the commoner doesn't stop her showing up at your lair later

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Just played version 2.4.3 (previous was 2.4.0) not sure when these scenes were added but I just have a some new favorite scenes! The first place is now the thieves!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The scene with the witch was probably already there but I was never able to unlock it before. But giving her to the warlock made me feel a sense of loss but the scene it gave me was really nice. I especially love how
I didn't like how the warlock made me
The witch scene and the thieves bumped down Marie thanking me for raping her down to 3 place sorry Marie! Its now tied with the sky elf scene with the blind fold removed (I finally managed to get the potency needed for it I had to use my charm in the past).

The new stat system really opened things up for me as I was able to finally get a character I couldn't before due to me being able to gain one strength. Just one! that opened up a whole new line of objectives for me. It allowed me the witch, and the wolf girl and it even allowed me to choose a variation of the sky elf scene!

BUGS
There are a few bugs in the sky elf warlock scene though. I don't have an experience in coding but it mentions missing images? If I choose ignore it allows me to proceed but every few sentences I get an error.

There is also a bug where the the time limit is hidden after certain scenes. I think it happened after the witch scene but it reappeared soon after so not game breaking.

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes