GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Im no expert but i couldn't find screen scale value (playin with joiplay), and what's the option of boy and girl? Is it just gender choice .
I don't know what "screen scale value is", there are lots sizes for differents part of the UI that you can play with in the CSS, but I don't know about general size/ratio

Boy and girl is gender choice.

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
I don't know what "screen scale value is", there are lots sizes for differents part of the UI that you can play with in the CSS, but I don't know about general size/ratio

Boy and girl is gender choice.
By screen scale value i mean that at some games
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in .html code there is a scale value 0.5-1 or more its really helpful for situations like mine
ehe.jpg heh.jpg
(Second one only way for me to see fully)
ps.:Thank you for awesome game concept

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
By screen scale value i mean that at some games
in .html code there is a scale value 0.5-1 or more its really helpful for situations like mine
View attachment 3369637 View attachment 3369639
(Second one only way for me to see fully)
ps.:Thank you for awesome game concept
I see, so I modified my css, it's very experimental and not tested properly, but you should try it.
Basically : it add an element that englobe everything with id gameContainer. By default it's scale is 1, but now that it exists you might be able to change it.
Also I changed the size of various element if the width of the screen is less than 768px.
All the change I made are at the very bottom of the .css

To use it you need to do a couple step that being said :
-download the .css and replace the old one.
-If you want to be able to change the scaling of the game do a couple change to the HTML :
1) at the begining of the html, right after the first <body> markup, add <div id="gameContainer">
Right before the last </body> add </div>

Edit : this is what it looks like

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsessively

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
I see, so I modified my css, it's very experimental and not tested properly, but you should try it.
Basically : it add an element that englobe everything with id gameContainer. By default it's scale is 1, but now that it exists you might be able to change it.
Also I changed the size of various element if the width of the screen is less than 768px.
All the change I made are at the very bottom of the .css

To use it you need to do a couple step that being said :
-download the .css and replace the old one.
-If you want to be able to change the scaling of the game do a couple change to the HTML :
1) at the begining of the html, right after the first <body> markup, add <div id="gameContainer">
Right before the last </body> add </div>
I changed value a few times to lower and higher numbers but it seemed to me that in a second or so it resets to former visual. It doesn't reset .css but automaticly tries to fullscreen it (and messes up).

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Have you tried to change the max-width in :
Media (max-width: 768px) {

}
Basically all the change I made in the css are condition to the width of the windows "if the window is more than 768 px, then use old settings, but if the windows is less than 768, use new settings).
I assumed you were trying to run it in a cellphone so 768 width was enough ot trigger new settings, but maybe I should have selected a higher value.
Edit : I changed it to 1280 on my end, I doubt anything lower than 1280 can do well with older settings anyway.

Last edited:

Yong231

Jul 13, 2022
I wonder why Selene will reduce magic skill and increase combat skill when you increase her love after put a mask on her.
Maybe in future we have a option to let Selene join us willingly by increase her love instead of drain her will or force a mask on her?
Looking forward for next public update.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I wonder why Selene will reduce magic skill and increase combat skill when you increase her love after put a mask on her.
Maybe in future we have a option to let Selene join us willingly by increase her love instead of drain her will or force a mask on her?
Looking forward for next public update.
When you put a mask on Selene, she get possesed by an entity that derives pleasure from the suffering of other.
The more Selene hate you, the more the mask force her to revere you, enjoying the pain her host feels because you disgust her. This devotion feeds your power.
On the other hand, if Selene doesn't hate you enough, then it'll find other to satisfy its sadism mainly by hurting your enemy, assisting your army (boosting figting power).
Next patch there will be more option to torment Selene, and the patch after this one you'll be able to use softer approaches.

Reactions: Yong231

Yong231

Jul 13, 2022
1708517785517.png
The infamy won't increase when you send cultist to Petipatelin. It will only increase loyalty.

1708518570816.png
A small display issue when move the cursor to 'Demonize prisoner' it will remain at the description of it until the cursor is moved to another function.
I would like to suggest that prisoner hypnosis progress could limit to two or three decimal places instead of 16 decimal places.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
View attachment 3373943
The infamy won't increase when you send cultist to Petipatelin. It will only increase loyalty.

View attachment 3373967
A small display issue when move the cursor to 'Demonize prisoner' it will remain at the description of it until the cursor is moved to another function.
I would like to suggest that prisoner hypnosis progress could limit to two or three decimal places instead of 16 decimal places.
Thank you for your feedback, the bugs have been fixed and I limited the hypnosis progress decimal to 0.1.
So everything should be working fine in the next update.

Reactions: Yong231

Celina_

Dec 9, 2018
I enjoyed the game, considering how early in development it is.

The game quickly becomes a bit grindy, and there's currently very little 'reward' in the form of kinky scenes to explore. For an overlord, it also feels like a lot of things are happening to me or being done to me, whereas I have very little I can do as means of interacting with my subjects and exploiting them for my own personal gratification... Though it's possibly just me that wants to get grabby with my masked slaves, while my domain is torn apart by angry villagers ;)

I'm certain that much more is to come, and I will be keeping an eye on the progress as your game develops.

I liked the playstyle, especially the introduction felt very well crafted where you had to navigate the choices and figure out what approach would work best. Finding a balance between managing my time, training my skills, and advancing the plot was fun as I cycled through the playthroughs and the game had me hooked for many, many hours of just exploring the various options.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I enjoyed the game, considering how early in development it is.

The game quickly becomes a bit grindy, and there's currently very little 'reward' in the form of kinky scenes to explore. For an overlord, it also feels like a lot of things are happening to me or being done to me, whereas I have very little I can do as means of interacting with my subjects and exploiting them for my own personal gratification... Though it's possibly just me that wants to get grabby with my masked slaves, while my domain is torn apart by angry villagers ;)

I'm certain that much more is to come, and I will be keeping an eye on the progress as your game develops.

I liked the playstyle, especially the introduction felt very well crafted where you had to navigate the choices and figure out what approach would work best. Finding a balance between managing my time, training my skills, and advancing the plot was fun as I cycled through the playthroughs and the game had me hooked for many, many hours of just exploring the various options.
I'm glad you liked the game so far.
Yeah there will be more option for the MC to play with their toys. The problem is sex illustrations are hard to produce and take time and so does writing, but as the gameplay mechanics are getting closer to completion, I'll have a bit more time to focus on them. I still plan to add more, but story and gameplay is more important to me than having lots of sex scenes as I somehow enjoy corruption more than actual sex in games, of course there is no reason to not get both :devilish:

Reactions: Celina_ and Jaxter

SynthoApple

Nov 5, 2022
Requirements to run this?

It seems... bugged out... when I start the RECurse.html
It's been like this for every version I've tried.

I've tried on Edge, Firefox, Chrome that have been updated within the past few weeks to no effect.

Does it require an interenet connection? Or some other program that people commonly have installed? I'm using a dedicated laptop with a recent install of windows.

I glanced through the replies and didn't spot other people not even able to start..

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Requirements to run this?

It seems... bugged out... when I start the RECurse.html
It's been like this for every version I've tried.

I've tried on Edge, Firefox, Chrome that have been updated within the past few weeks to no effect.

Does it require an interenet connection? Or some other program that people commonly have installed? I'm using a dedicated laptop with a recent install of windows.

I glanced through the replies and didn't spot other people not even able to start..
Hmmm I think it might requires internet the first time you launch it, ? I don't remember but I think I'm fetching dependency on the net, that being said I can launch the game without internet so if you need internet you'd probably only need it one time. (Unless maybe that you are in incognito mode or something that would prevent your browser to save what it requires)
Edit : I suppose if you ask it like that it means you never tried it with internet?

SynthoApple

Nov 5, 2022
You've gotta be more specific. If we don't know what problems you're having, we can't really tell what's wrong.
Alright I'll give it a shot. I have low hopes though, as I seem to be the only person who had this problem, the answer is probably going to be "hook it up to the internet and try again". Which is totaly understandable.

sigh, wouldn't think this write up took some 1/2 hour looking at it, I have more respect for technical documentation writers after this.

recurse_Main_v2_whatItActuallyLooksLike.png
Is what I get when opening the html.
The only button that seems to work there is settings

recurse_Settings.png
is what I see when I click settings

from that page, only the three buttons
SaveProgress
Download save file
load from Text

seem to do something, I don’t see any difference when clicking on
Debug autoscrolling

The buttons
Meditate
Stop
Here we go again
seem to do nothing (nothing, both on the Main & Settings page)

recurse_Settings_save_debug_download.png
shows what the screen looks like after hitting
Save Progress
Debug autoscrolling
Download save file

recurse_Settings_load.png
shows what happens after hitting the load button, while save text is inside the text box, I died. Fade to black, then it goes back to Main (as seen in the first image recurse_Main.png) page except I can see “I’m cold… What’s happened? I don’t get it. I feel like I’m forgetting something very important.” added to the… text log area (?) in the center top

edit: aaaand I screwed up on my first image, this is despite it being my 3rd or 4th set of images I made.... I've corrected it to what I actually see when I load up the html.

edit2: added clarification that mediate, stop, and here we go again do nothing on both the Main and Settings page.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Alright I'll give it a shot. I have low hopes though, as I seem to be the only person who had this problem, the answer is probably going to be "hook it up to the internet and try again". Which is totaly understandable.

sigh, wouldn't think this write up took some 1/2 hour looking at it, I have more respect for technical documentation writers after this.

View attachment 3401980
Is what I get when opening the html.
The only button that seems to work there is settings

View attachment 3401981
is what I see when I click settings

from that page, only the three buttons
SaveProgress
Download save file
load from Text

seem to do something, I don’t see any difference when clicking on
Debug autoscrolling

The buttons
Meditate
Stop
Here we go again
seem to do nothing

View attachment 3401983
shows what the screen looks like after hitting
Save Progress
Debug autoscrolling
Download save file

View attachment 3401982
shows what happens after hitting the load button, while save text is inside the text box, I died. Fade to black, then it goes back to Main (as seen in the first image recurse_Main.png) page except I can see “I’m cold… What’s happened? I don’t get it. I feel like I’m forgetting something very important.” added to the… text log area (?) in the center top
The only thing that should be doing anything at that point is the "Here we go again" button, although I don't think that should be there on your first run. It's interesting that your game saved like ten times on startup and then took you straight to a later run. Anyway, "Main" takes you to the screen you're already in, and "Meditate" and "Stop" don't work during scripted portions like the intro. "Debug autoscrolling" also won't give you a noticeable response. So everything's working as it should at that point except the "Here we go again" button, and possibly something repeatedly killing you when you start up the game. I think the latter might be whatever's causing your issue. Perhaps there's some value getting stuck on something that would be the equivalent of spawning into a game with 0 HP.

SynthoApple

Nov 5, 2022
The only thing that should be doing anything at that point is the "Here we go again" button, although I don't think that should be there on your first run. It's interesting that your game saved like ten times on startup and then took you straight to a later run. Anyway, "Main" takes you to the screen you're already in, and "Meditate" and "Stop" don't work during scripted portions like the intro. "Debug autoscrolling" also won't give you a noticeable response. So everything's working as it should at that point except the "Here we go again" button, and possibly something repeatedly killing you when you start up the game. I think the latter might be whatever's causing your issue. Perhaps there's some value getting stuck on something that would be the equivalent of spawning into a game with 0 HP.
I screwed up on my first image, I've edited the post with a corrected image... sighn this was despite it being my 3rd or 4th set of images.

the text log portion shows the text about being fuzzy, then "game saved"

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes