GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
May I suggest an idea to the speed which may optimize the game in the long run?
add 0.2-0.5-1-2-3 speed switch buttons. that way, you can control the mechanics that sometimes need control (while i agree that slimes do not need any control with bigger manapool, some threat intensive tasks that can be repeated infinitely (or to some point) might be detrimental to the player if it progresses too fast.

Plus it might be able to fix the time itself when its not passing, switching how fast the game is going might actually jostle it enough to be free again. (Java Percussive Engineering at its finest, eh? )
anyway, thats my two cents, looking forward to more testing.
Yeah, I'll be honest with you, I had to do more changes than expected + I've been really sick for a couple days and all that mean that I wasn't able to produce as much "content" as planned, so for now I'll focus on content rather than QoL. But i'll keep the idea.
The new content is pretty neat!
I do love being able to tweak the stats of your sidekicks, and I do REALLY hope training them in specific way will unlock specific scene / content (and if that ever the case: feature request: add a gallery, or a form of an achievement system, or anything that can hint the player on content they do miss with specific character)
As for petipatelain management... Wait and see, the idea is interesting, but a bit too bare bone right now. And i'm really not sure of it balance right now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That being said, see you in the future version ! Even if it feels a bit bare, I do love the content and theme of the game, can't wait to have more of it !
(my only major complain would be the fact that game is a bit too "time in front of the scene" consuming compared to both the number of choices/action to do, and the amount of scene/content it offers).
I hope that post is not too long, and that information in it will be deemed as useful!
Yeah, my plan is that most of your sidekick roles in the future will have some stats requirement and associated scene.
I might also add some small scene when they reach stats treshold but that's lots of work so maybe not on all stats we'll see.

1)I was afraid of people unable to get out of Morgana's grip and I didn't have time to test hypnosis effectiveness properly so I probably went overboard. That being said I want to keep getting Morgana to accept you as your equal easy... What won't be easy is to get her to serve you.
-I may have to change the way the scene in the bath is displayed.
-The -1 is a bug i'll have to fix the event counter, I just added it recently so I probably missed something.
A bit more content with the kitsune will comes, but not next patch, you'll have to wait sorry about that.

2)Selene mana is maxed at 1000%, and the lower her affection the harder it is to lower it. It's strong, that being said most of late game sidekick will give important bonuses, besides it require slut sould selection, which I think won't be the best late game path, as mana won't necessarily be as much as an issue as amount of slave you have in the late game (hunting prisoners is progressively slower so having your masked slave capture prisoners for free in the late game will be convenient). Having good mana bonus is fine, but I plan to add unique bonus to other role that you could't have otherwise. (either unique abilities or some "idle" perk like "please manage my dungeon for me when I'm not doing anything")
-Morgana will have some love soon, I plan to allow you to be you beloved slaved in the future that will require you to lower her will. And I'm supposed to add ability to turn people- including her- into demons, but I'm not progressing as fast as I wanted.
I don't know yet if I'll increase her bonuses with stats I'll see.
-I don't know I feel like it's part of the game, you don't have to do it every run and some of sidekick transformation/roles don't cost stats, I feel that if I remove that then that would reduce the choices of the player "should I take the time to get X tobe corrupted or should I build larger army etc"
-I don't think I plan to add kitsune as a sidekick, feels like the whole training system has no point with her, that doesn't mean I won't add her some scene that being said.

3)--- I may have to change the save system, the problem is I don't think I can "save to file" on a local game for security reason. I don't remember but I think the only way would be to upload the game on a server, which I'll probably do eventualy but will take a bit of time + is a bit complicated with the patreon having latest update earlier stuff. Maybe I'll only do it for the final version IDK. For now it works so I guess it's fine even if it's not super convenient.
-It is fixed in 0.8, I just didn't uploaded it yet, I completely remove the ability to scroll the main page.
-Yeah I'll be honest, I decided to give up on that, not only have to ensure the event side would completely fit in the rectangle was adding a lot of work, but it's not even possible when with the text event that just display text once and don't make you click on continue.
-I think you can know that by hovering your sidekick's title. Maybe not clear enough but I don't think that should be my main priority now

4)Yeah I have some work to do here. The thing is I don't think there is a way to have javascript run in the background at all, some idle game pretend it did by calculate amount of time you were out, but it's harder to implement on this game because not only you have action happens every time the bar is filled (ex +1 mana or +1 slave) but also every tick (+ exp in the action you're doing)
I don't plan to do most of what you're asking in this section cause it would takes to much time compared to what is adds (I'm already not releasing as much content as I wanted this patch because of QoL.
I might change event running when game paused, it wasn't planned this way but I lacked time to tie them to in game time.

5)Ugh I don't want to do that again... But I guess it's too important, I'll try to fix it.

6)I think it's fine honestly, it's not a mandatory upgrades and most of time the mana bonus is better than the mana lost.

7) I'll change 1mana/s to 2mana/s (I doubled game speed recently). Note that on Petipatelin you have to multiply this value by productivity. It might not be that clear for now but I think it's become clearer as more way to increase/lower productivity will come.

I get what you feel about the time in front of scene but I don't really have a solution about that. If I was rich and able to get an artist to work with me I'd probably be able to get the scene less text heavy and a bit more illustrated, but it's hard doing everything on my own.
I think on my next game I'll pay someone for the art, my funds are very limited and if I don't manage to sell the game I'll probably have to get a more conventional job, but I can feel too much the limit of what I can do on my own. I don't regret making my 2 first gameon my own that being said, I think your first games are bound to have flaws, and it's important to get experiences before investing lots of money in a game. For now I have to complete Shadow over meridia and RE:Curse, if I'm to spend my savings in a game, I want to have 100% of my workTime dedicated to it.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
1)I was afraid of people unable to get out of Morgana's grip and I didn't have time to test hypnosis effectiveness properly so I probably went overboard. That being said I want to keep getting Morgana to accept you as your equal easy... What won't be easy is to get her to serve you.
Sounds nicer than just having a hard time getting out of her grasp actually!

A bit more content with the kitsune will comes, but not next patch, you'll have to wait sorry about that.
Don't be sorry! On the contrary, thanks for your work o>
And for everything I didn't quote, thanks for the clarifications/reply! And take care of you. Working while being sick is not a fun thing D:

3)--- I may have to change the save system, the problem is I don't think I can "save to file" on a local game for security reason.
Oh, true, they does have some restriction (I think save/load have to be triggered by user click/interaction).
I just tested on a twine game runing locally (file:// ) ; and it's able to save to file / load from file without any issue.

Yeah I have some work to do here. The thing is I don't think there is a way to have javascript run in the background at all, some idle game pretend it did by calculate amount of time you were out, but it's harder to implement on this game because not only you have action happens every time the bar is filled (ex +1 mana or +1 slave) but also every tick (+ exp in the action you're doing)
Correctly handing game tick and timing is a notoriously recuring problem ^^"
From what I checked quickly, unless you want to create webworker to handle the workload (I don't think the game need that, and from experience it's annoying to handle the timing between threads) - you have to live with way less callback/ticks when the game is on background, which can work OK if the game is reworked to live on delta time between ticks.

Converting said delta to tick is definitively doable (and not that hard actually)
If you're serious about learning game programming, I do assume it is a good idea to get familiar with these kind of time delta.
(which does not mean it have to be done now!)

Ugh I don't want to do that again... But I guess it's too important, I'll try to fix it.
Sorry! (and not sorry since I think it's pretty important for the game ^^")

I get what you feel about the time in front of scene but I don't really have a solution about that.
From your reply, I'm really not sure I managed to convey what i meant correctly. I actually have nothing against text-only event.
What I mean is : by design, most of the game is waiting until the timer reach some value so than you can swap to the next action - which is a lot of looking at a bar filling itself.

If that's by design and is the intended experience, it's fine! (no my cup of tea but that's a me problem).
If the game would offer way to either take less time to reach a given point, or would give more option on how you manage your time without needing attention ("only build one", "stop after this" - or anything else that allows to alt tab and get back to the game a bit later without being assaulted by these pesky villagers or having way too much cells), I do think I would find the gameplay part more enjoyable ; but as you said these tweak and adjustment take time that can also be spent on new content.

don't regret making my 2 first gameon my own that being said, I think your first games are bound to have flaws, and it's important to get experiences before investing lots of money in a game. For now I have to complete Shadow over meridia and RE:Curse, if I'm to spend my savings in a game, I want to have 100% of my workTime dedicated to it.
I can totally second that mindset!

Last edited:
Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
For some reason I managed to change the save system to saves it into a file and download it, I don't know why I didn't manage the last time I tried but it works now. This will be in the next update.

Thank you for your insight about delta time, but that's a bit more complicated, I do some of time-related action in some Jquery progress bar widget I imported and did not take the time to get everything in a single timeTick function (and of course, once I saw it worked, I never read the fucking manual. Of course I could probably do it at the cost of some time, but then there is also a few question (how much idle time I want to pass, should I worry about low end computer freezing if I try to resolve 28000 tick in a row etc) and I don't want to handle that for now. Maybe later.

Also I *think* I fixed the early game problem by reducing the mana cost of the first puppetry spell, some people will still die here I suppose, but most people should be able to do :
run1:die run 2:mask run3:puppetry

As for spending less time looking at a bar filling, I plan to add a couple upgrades to ease that.
First the ability to ignore fighting event if the attack is much weaker than your actual power.
Then probably later the ability to queue things to build, this one require more work so IDK if/when I'll do it.
Those changes won't really change how long you have to wait, but will requires less focus from you, which mean you'll be able to do other things like (managing incoming events, maybe take a look at the gallery if I take the time to add it (yeah I think that's one of those thing that I kinda have to do even if it's not the funniest thing to code) etc.

Reactions: lizaardt

Yamamoto_

Aug 23, 2019
Love the game, enjoyed it a lot. Would like to make some suggestions.

There should be more summon options outside of Slime. For example later on we can summon Slime Broodmothers which will produce slimes for us periodically at no cost but you can only have a max of 5. Maybe lesser demons like imps to scout enemies to determine how strong they are.

Also maybe give us the option to prepare other spells that will activate based on conditions. Like the Meteor spell which will half the amount of troops invading, or the safe guard spell which will stop the attack of the next invasion but will mean we have to fight more troops at the next one. Also maybe adding a ritual that lets us save some tech upgrades would be nice so we didn't have to research it every time.

As for the people who are mindless that we use Drain will on, we should have the option to upgrade them one of two ways like the masks. One way is to make them combat maids, which increases their base construction bonus while also letting them provide a bonus to our combat score. The other upgrade being Sleeper Agents that doubles their adaptive bonus, halves their mana cost but removes their construction bonus.

Also hoping we get to see our MC's true form soon and can Assault the order. Also hoping for more scenes!!

Reactions: Morpaly

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Love the game, enjoyed it a lot. Would like to make some suggestions.

There should be more summon options outside of Slime. For example later on we can summon Slime Broodmothers which will produce slimes for us periodically at no cost but you can only have a max of 5. Maybe lesser demons like imps to scout enemies to determine how strong they are.

Also maybe give us the option to prepare other spells that will activate based on conditions. Like the Meteor spell which will half the amount of troops invading, or the safe guard spell which will stop the attack of the next invasion but will mean we have to fight more troops at the next one. Also maybe adding a ritual that lets us save some tech upgrades would be nice so we didn't have to research it every time.

As for the people who are mindless that we use Drain will on, we should have the option to upgrade them one of two ways like the masks. One way is to make them combat maids, which increases their base construction bonus while also letting them provide a bonus to our combat score. The other upgrade being Sleeper Agents that doubles their adaptive bonus, halves their mana cost but removes their construction bonus.

Also hoping we get to see our MC's true form soon and can Assault the order. Also hoping for more scenes!!
Hehe you're asking a lot.
YEah I want to add more summon but I don't have that many idea. For sure I'll add a "shade" summon or something like that to send to petiPateling to increase loyalty.
Edit : to increase petiPatelin's strengh not loyalty.
I could also add other demons to help you fight the enemy, the problem is I don't know how to balance them.
If their mana cost is constant it become too strong late game compared to you human slave, and not only it ruin the balance but corrupting is funnier than summoning:devilish:.
If their mana cost is increasing they might become a bit weak compared to human, that being said maybe it's ok as long as the cost isn't exponential? I'll think about it.

About you mama slime idea I won't do it sorry, I have... Other plan for "sustainable" slime production hehehe.

I don't know if I'll add spell to the gameplay, I don't want to clutter the UI with another tab (as you noticed, the summon tab being almost empty is sad enough already). If I manage to think about enough things that would be better done with spell I'll think about it.

Ritual for all most upgrade hmm... I don't know maybe I'll do it.

I think I don't want to give more uses for mindless slaves, they are the easiest one to acquire and I want them to be weak besides they are irreversibly broken. If you played last version (Which is still for patron only for now sorry), you'll notice that I added a new way to enslave people, which can do more things that would overlap with your sleeper agent idea.

MC being able to change appearence should be in a patch or 2.
Assault scene won't be too soon, because I have 2 big chain of event I need to complete before that. For now it's just a convenient way to end your loop sooner.

Last edited:

Yamamoto_

Aug 23, 2019
That is true, Corrupting is way more fun than summoning.
Hehe you're asking a lot.
YEah I want to add more summon but I don't have that many idea. For sure I'll add a "shade" summon or something like that to send to petiPateling to increase loyalty.
Edit : to increase petiPatelin's strengh not loyalty.
I could also add other demons to help you fight the enemy, the problem is I don't know how to balance them.
If their mana cost is constant it become too strong late game compared to you human slave, and not only it ruin the balance but corrupting is funnier than summoning:devilish:.
If their mana cost is increasing they might become a bit weak compared to human, that being said maybe it's ok as long as the cost isn't exponential? I'll think about it.

About you mama slime idea I won't do it sorry, I have... Other plan for "sustainable" slime production hehehe.

I don't know if I'll add spell to the gameplay, I don't want to clutter the UI with another tab (as you noticed, the summon tab being almost empty is sad enough already). If I manage to think about enough things that would be better done with spell I'll think about it.

Ritual for all most upgrade hmm... I don't know maybe I'll do it.

I think I don't want to give more uses for mindless slaves, they are the easiest one to acquire and I want them to be weak besides they are irreversibly broken. If you played last version (Which is still for patron only for now sorry), you'll notice that I added a new way to enslave people, which can do more things that would overlap with your sleeper agent idea.

MC being able to change appearence should be in a patch or 2.
Assault scene won't be too soon, because I have 2 big chain of event I need to complete before that. For now it's just a convenient way to end your loop sooner.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: GratuitousLove
Mar 13, 2023
I feel like the personal mana max should stay increased between respawns.
(although I'm guessing that was tested and decided against for reasons)

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I feel like the personal mana max should stay increased between respawns.
(although I'm guessing that was tested and decided against for reasons)
Later in the game you'll have some permanent upgrade called rituals, one of them increases mana.
The thing is I wanted to plan the balance of the first run so things are unlocked at set pace, and later give a permanent boost to mana to speed up early game that probably become repetitive by that time.
I could probably think of something so the player doesn't have to re-upgrade mana every run, but I don't think it should be my first priority. As run lenght increase, the time you spend on the 10 first upgrade becomes smaller in comparison anyway.

What I tend to think for now is that it's more interesting for the game that I focus on adding content rather than small QoL like that.

Reactions: Jaxter
Mar 13, 2023
There a guide to how the skills effect everything exactly? Having an easily accessed simple explanation of what each skill does numerically would be handy.

Also, might I suggest that you make it so that the last user input name is the one used on rebirth? That should only take a few lines of simple code. (grab the input, set the default equal to the input value)

In the meantime where is "Kai" stored? I figure I'll just directly edit in my preferred default name.

Last edited:

Chara08

Jan 20, 2018
After downloading 0.8b I seem to get stuck after capturing petipatlin, time would freeze and while I can still do things, I can't increase any of the sidekick stuff.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
After downloading 0.8b I seem to get stuck after capturing petipatlin, time would freeze and while I can still do things, I can't increase any of the sidekick stuff.
Can you please try to open the console and tell me if there is an error message?
Edit 2 : I'll try to change the default by your previous run default if it exists instead of Kaï.
Edit 3: The default name should be the name of your previous run if applicable, thank you for your feedback.

Edit1 : When I capture Petipatelin on my end on 0.8b the game seems to work fine, but maybe it's because my save is farther than you, if I could atleast know if there was an error thrown it would help me a lot fixing the issue.
Edit 4 : I'm still unable to reproduce the bug, the only time when interacting with sidekick doesn't work is when I don't meet the requirement for an action (ex induce love but I have no mana).

Last edited:

Chara08

Jan 20, 2018
Sorry for the delay had to rerun it, yes there is an error message in the console it is this:
"
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'status')
at eventSelection (event.js:433:61)
at generateRandomEvent (event.js:387:5)
at timeTick (progress.js:1727:7)
at progress (progress.js:1920:9)
"
I also have this one which happens even if I refresh:
"
Uncaught ReferenceError: eventBadge is not defined
at Event.updateButtonVisibility (event.js:487:16)
at new Event (event.js:455:11)
at event.js:510:29
"
Edit: if it helps I have not made Morgana my partner yet, I have yet to reach a point where I can make her my partner since she has made me a slave each attempt so far.
Edit: I can interact with the sidekicks but there is no real point in doing so since none of the sidekick values move except mana, perhaps it is working but the values aren't changing. I remember the skill that are not sidekick values seemed to move just fine.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023
Got to the rituals, also got far enough to get the exact sequence used for the number of enemies.

Only issue I'm having now is my computer freezing when I mask up selene for the 2x magic modifier.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Sorry for the delay had to rerun it, yes there is an error message in the console it is this:
"
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'status')
at eventSelection (event.js:433:61)
at generateRandomEvent (event.js:387:5)
at timeTick (progress.js:1727:7)
at progress (progress.js:1920:9)
"
I also have this one which happens even if I refresh:
"
Uncaught ReferenceError: eventBadge is not defined
at Event.updateButtonVisibility (event.js:487:16)
at new Event (event.js:455:11)
at event.js:510:29
"
Edit: if it helps I have not made Morgana my partner yet, I have yet to reach a point where I can make her my partner since she has made me a slave each attempt so far.
Edit: I can interact with the sidekicks but there is no real point in doing so since none of the sidekick values move except mana, perhaps it is working but the values aren't changing. I remember the skill that are not sidekick values seemed to move just fine.
I managed to fix one of the bug (the second) but unfortunately Ididn't manage to reproduce the other bug and when I look at my code the bug makes no sense to me, would it be possible for you to share your save so I can do further testing?
Also if you could upload the file event.js just so I'm sure this isn't just you having a corrupted file I would really appreciate it.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but really I don't understand how the first bug can happen and it's hard to fix it without being able to reproduce it on my end.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Got to the rituals, also got far enough to get the exact sequence used for the number of enemies.

Only issue I'm having now is my computer freezing when I mask up selene for the 2x magic modifier.
Can you tell me if there is an error message in the console when you try to put the mask on her?

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes