Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I screwed up on my first image, I've edited the post with a corrected image... sighn this was despite it being my 3rd or 4th set of images.

the text log portion shows the text about being fuzzy, then "game saved"
In any case, it seems the one thing that's not working is the "here we go again" button, which is basically the "start game" button. Everything else seems to work (or not work) as intended. You can try to figure out what might be getting in the way of you pressing that button, or maybe the dev will know something.

Edit: The "you died" thing is also kind of weird, but I was never able to get the save to text thing working so I don't know if that's normal.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I screwed up on my first image, I've edited the post with a corrected image... sighn this was despite it being my 3rd or 4th set of images.

Yeah from what I saw, I think you need to connect to launch the game at leat once with the internet so you browser can put required file into cache, I'll try to see if I can make a fix so you can download dependency from w/e you're using to talk to use right now and copy it to your laptop.

Edit : I think I found a way to download all require file manualy, put them into a new version of the game so all you'll have to do is download it.
I'm not 100% it'll work and it'll take a bit of time as I have to download all file one by one and adapt the HTML. But it might work, if it works it should be online in less than 2 hours.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022

So... I updated 0.9b to allow you to play offline. This version is supposed to be patrons only for now. But I'll send you a private message with the link so you can test it and tell me if it works on your laptop.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Unless they edited it since you posted that, there is a link buried in the line that says, "Here's the link for the update."
Yep there are 2 links in the post.
One for 0.9a and one for 0.9b.
0.9b doesn't add anything it just allows player to make the game work without ever having to connect to internet (while 0.9a needed at least to connect once).
Since 0.9b has just been slitghtly tested and could be bugged I kept the 0.9a link just in case.

Anyway I'll try to post it here in the near future.

Reactions: Guerrilla!

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
Huh, must've missed something vital. However, I am unable to transform selene into slime breeder, the button is there, but whenever I progress through the story far enough to use it, she is no longer a puppet but mindless. all the while still being able to drain her mind. I wonder if it is because I'm loading a save made in 0.7
or if I'm fucking up something on the way.

edit: seems like the only way for her to trigger correctly is by skipping prologue.
That way she doesn't turn mindless.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Huh, must've missed something vital. However, I am unable to transform selene into slime breeder, the button is there, but whenever I progress through the story far enough to use it, she is no longer a puppet but mindless. all the while still being able to drain her mind. I wonder if it is because I'm loading a save made in 0.7
or if I'm fucking up something on the way.

edit: seems like the only way for her to trigger correctly is by skipping prologue.
That way she doesn't turn mindless.
Yes you are right, I really didn't expect people to play prologue again and again tbh, I think I'll have to think of a solution for that.

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
Yes you are right, I really didn't expect people to play prologue again and again tbh, I think I'll have to think of a solution for that.
but here is the problem

Quoted from Changelog 9:
"New scene and role for Selene.
Once you've unlocked the new role for Selene for the first time, new options are unlocked with her in the prologue."
That's why I searched if I found the new scene in the prologue, didn't think that playing the prologue before checking would lock me out of the scene necessary for getting that scene in the prologue.

Not quite Catch 22, but very unintuitive.
Easy solutions to the problem:
1)Make separate scene for brainwashed selene becoming breeder
2)make a tutorial scene not ending with brainwashed selene, or give choice if slime breeder is available with a separate button leading to existing scene with the slime breeder
3) place a hint somewhere that this might be an issue, so we don't have to go 7 loops trying to figure this thing out.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
but here is the problem

Quoted from Changelog 9:
"New scene and role for Selene.
Once you've unlocked the new role for Selene for the first time, new options are unlocked with her in the prologue."
That's why I searched if I found the new scene in the prologue, didn't think that playing the prologue before checking would lock me out of the scene necessary for getting that scene in the prologue.

Not quite Catch 22, but very unintuitive.
Easy solutions to the problem:
1)Make separate scene for brainwashed selene becoming breeder
2)make a tutorial scene not ending with brainwashed selene, or give choice if slime breeder is available with a separate button leading to existing scene with the slime breeder
3) place a hint somewhere that this might be an issue, so we don't have to go 7 loops trying to figure this thing out.
1)I don't want to allow the player to make mindless Selene a breeder.
2)Maybe I'll do that
3) I don't think most people will go 7 loops to understand what's going on. I think you mostly did becaue you just read patch note, but I think most people will be skipping tutorial, then discover breeder, then once you make her a breeder once, there is a hint in the prologue to tell you 'hey if you don't skip the prologue things can be different this time".
But yeah I'll think about how I can make things clearer.

roboflyer24

Jan 19, 2022
Enemy is misspelled as ennemy in the remaining enemy strength portion of the you are being attacked text:

You are being attacked !
enemy army :
-Villager :86
Remaining ennemy strength : 86 your fighting power is : 258.6
You are victorious !
Your fightingSkill has increased by : 0.12

roboflyer24

Jan 19, 2022
is this worth playing?
Depends on what you're looking for. It doesn't have a lot of art (which is all AI generated), and a good chunk of actions don't have any associated text, which has annoyed me in some other primarily text based games, but for some reason I'm fine with here.
It's fairly heavy on mind control/corruption early on, and that's still most of what you're doing at the end of current content (and will likely continue to be the primary method of interacting with the world), and if you're into that I think it does a fairly good job. Interactions w/named characters appear to switch to be more consensual/positive to some degree toward the end of current content, and I suspect that will continue being the case as content is added, given that a lot of the elements of the player character becoming less interested in tormenting humans appear to be unavoidable.
In terms of gameplay, it's set up as a timeloop, and is set up so for most of the game you can fairly consistently unlock new content each loop. It could probably use a bit more descriptions through tooltips or something (not sure if that's doable in html), since it isn't immediately obvious what one of the skills (adaption) does, but it's generally pretty understandable. The game also seems pretty well balanced overall (the goal of the way it's balanced is that you die eventually so the timeloop thing works, and as such threat ramps up exponentially, but it gives you enough time to do things and make progress so you can get further next loop), though there are a few weak aspects (i.e., I suspect the time savings from submissive soul masks on capturing prisoners can't match the reduced meditation time from the slut soul masks, particuarly with the sidekick mask role).
The time required to go through all the content seems reasonable for the amount of time the game has been out, though I wasn't exactly timing it and it gets playtime extended significantly via repeating the early parts of the time loop (the prologue at least can be skipped after you get an upgrade) and some late game parts being fairly grindy.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
and some late game parts being fairly grindy.
Hmm, didn't realize that, do you have something specific in mind when you say the late game becomes grindy?
Is it a mana max requirement? Or a ritual? Is there a particular goal you took time to reach, or is it a global feeling about the game becoming slower over time?

theremnant

Oct 19, 2019
Hmm, didn't realize that, do you have something specific in mind when you say the late game becomes grindy?
Is it a mana max requirement? Or a ritual? Is there a particular goal you took time to reach, or is it a global feeling about the game becoming slower over time?
Not the person you're replying to, but I can throw in my experience if it helps. The amount of slimes needed for the ritual is a pain, hypnosis effects on your guests increase really slow in the upper numbers (I know there's no reason to do this, but I imagine there's a 'yet' in there, so in the future it might be a huge pain). It just seems to take an increasing length of time needed to do almost anything the higher it gets, which isn't really making things harder beyond testing patience. Early gameplay is pretty snappy, don't wait long in real life time to perform a task, later on.

I like the increasing complexity as the game keeps moving forward, but most actions end up requiring an alt tab until the task finishes or until you're attacked. Dumping mana into things can be a bit tedious as well. Meditate, tab to another window awhile, click button to use mana for ritual, repeat a dozen or more times with the drip feed of mana.

There might be more efficient ways to do it, but feels like it should take less IRL time to get things done later-game, or some way to automate things until you accomplish whatever your goal is.

Still, I dig it enough to have exhausted all the content so far aside from letting Morgana win (Not my kink there) so there's obviously fun to be had in there.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

roboflyer24

Jan 19, 2022
It's generally not super grindy, but the specific parts that felt slower later were getting the first couple rituals (which admittedly is more midgame), getting the required max mana for the prologue transformation (relatedly, would prefer if you had the option to deal with that normally if you don't have enough mana, instead of having to die and then skip the prologue the first time you do it after the slime transformation), and trying to get hypnosis up. I actually got the slimes in one run, since the slime village makes generating slimes very fast.
Also, grinding up combat power prior to taking the village got fairly repetitive (it might be useful to have a way to automatically make a specific number of masks, rather than having to either manually stop it or aim for mana breakpoints, though I could see that making the UI excessively bloated)

Reactions: GratuitousLove
Mar 13, 2023
How to increase combat effectiveness, has been beaten several times by the 25 villagers
Gun for making masked servants, other than that loop until your personal combat power gets you past that. I ten to focus on trying to expand mana regen as much as I can to do more stuff.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes