DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Too bad, you are now 3 points higher on the kinsey scale. Here's your Gay Card. Indoctrination orgies are every second tuesday. Drag outfits are up the back, next to the merkins.
You do understand that the MC is a repressed trans woman in a cis female body, right?

cheezed

Sep 28, 2019
A body can't be cis because gender is a social construct. It is the player mind that makes such distinctions and determinations regarding attraction and sexual orientation.

plus, it's fun to tease people for complaining about content that isn't for them specifically

Last edited:

BiberonSZeta

Apr 17, 2017
A body can't be cis because gender is a social construct. It is the player mind that makes such distinctions and determinations regarding attraction and sexual orientation.

plus, it's fun to tease people for complaining about content that isn't for them specifically
Gender is a social construct? :)) Biology tells you in reality there are two - for procreation reasons anything else is irrelevant biologically. I would say social construct is whatever is considered non-binary.

But for the games purpose/story/imagination we can just assume.

mrdonkyman

Jul 21, 2017
Gender is a social construct? :)) Biology tells you in reality there are two - for procreation reasons anything else is irrelevant biologically. I would say social construct is whatever is considered non-binary.

But for the games purpose/story/imagination we can just assume.
you are thinking of "sex", gender is a social construct, sex is what you are born as.

mrdonkyman

Jul 21, 2017
no one ever been transitioned
While we don't have the tech for trans men, trans women can get "fake" vaginas that feel and function like a normal one. So the only thing a trans woman can't do that a woman by sex can, is giving birth. With CRT and other operations, unless you knew beforehand, you can't tell a fully transitioned trans person apart from a cis woman. Voice will sound feminine, the body will look like a woman, and it's easy to just tell your partner that you can't give birth due to medical reasons. So if they wanted they could trick someone they are a cis woman really easily.
You are thinking of people who are in the middle of transitioning, or have no money for the expensive operations. For trans men, the main problem is the dick, the rest, like with trans women, can be done. Given a decade we will most likely have that fixed as well. The main problem for trans people in the coming years are: acceptance publicly, and being able to give birth. Once the birth thing is fixed, the only problem they will face are bigots.

hirino9

Sep 13, 2020
Smh didn't even show your work for these, in my calc 1 class you'd have taken an L here

EDIT: :^) never mind

1682474223259.png

Last edited:

BiberonSZeta

Apr 17, 2017
[...] So the only thing a trans woman can't do that a woman by sex can, is giving birth. [..]
I can not agree that is the only thing a trans woman can't do! I have in my life met, worked and and have quite a few friends around who consider themselves non-binary, and they are in many many ways amazing people! I honestly respect their struggles, but please lets all start to admit already and not lie to anyone: real change is when anyone who want - read it as "need" - to transition should have their changes go much further than surgery and hormonal treatment.

The actual transition has never happened biologically to anyone, we're too primitive to achieve this level yet! Trying to look like, to actually rewrite/fix anyone at genetic level, also, far now is just a dream.

Last edited:

mrdonkyman

Jul 21, 2017
The actual transition has never happened biologically to anyone
Yes, but my point was that if they have gone through the surgery and hormonal treatments that are out today to their max. They are now almost indistinguishable from a real woman, they will feel, look and sound just like them. This takes time and money, which most trans either don't have or just recently did so they are not finished in their treatment.

While there are small factors that will be hard/impossible to change in the body, the main big one that is left so they can at least mostly function as a real woman would be giving birth. If we can fix that, at least for trans women, they can feel like they are a woman.
Since right now, whenever they get prompted with a child they are at least subconsciously reminded that they are trans and not biologically female. Which I am unsure what it does for their mental health, but yes, they have bigger problems right now than giving birth. Since a large portion of the world still doesn't allow trans at all, and most places that do, still have large hate groups for them.

But let's get back to talking about the game, I just wanted to be snarky to the people that acted like gender and trans people do not exist.

Reactions: BiberonSZeta

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ReDreamer-0.14.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

KiraKiraKira

Aug 27, 2018
The full changelog for all versions of the game can be found at as it is otherwise far too large to post here.
I'm guessing this guy's never seen some of the DoL ones. :LOL:

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Can you change protagonist's name or is there a mod to change character name?

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Can you change protagonist's name or is there a mod to change character name?
Not without modifying game files.

Clarification: the protagonist name, male or female, is in fact controlled with a variable for use in the name box, but I am maintaining a hardliner stance on disallowing end users to adjust the male name from Zach or the female name from Zoey for story integrity reasons, some being:
  • One of Zach's biggest pet peeves is being called his full name (Zachary) (also, this was something I didn't realize was fairly common among trans girls growing up until I talked to more of them), and I cannot realistically create that same effect of his mom sometimes calling him his full name. The closest would be something absurd like a list dictionary of names with full names, shortened versions, diminutive forms, and nicknames.
  • His mom always secretly wanted a daughter and had picked out her name as Zoe long ago (the name's starting-Z and ending-Y sounds were later given to Zachary); by coincidence, Ai's chosen name for Zach was Zoey (same pronunciation).
  • Something could easily break with name swapping, and it'd be a ton of work to retroactively change every instance of their name with variables.
The two possible exceptions of allowing players to change it are unwritten and unique cases of Zach realizing he is a woman, those being Zach realizing he is transgender in Britney's epilogue after changing back and not wanting to use Zoey as her new name since that person no longer exists and Zach realizing she is transgender in the mom route near the end of it, but it is while she hates her mom and she doesn't want to give her the satisfaction of having the daughter she always wanted with the name she always wanted to give her.

While you could modify the game files to adjust their name(s), it wouldn't be simple and I would not suggest doing this unless you feel or someone else feels a particular aversion to the name Zach from something like it being a deadname (the name a transgender person used to have; there can be some trauma associated with being called it).
Simply changing the name variables would not work as the text substitution system for this game in regards to Zach/Zoey's name changing in dialogue blocks is almost completely unused; due to some nonsense with people making terrible machine translations several months back, the hypothetically easiest method possible of changing the name variables (inserting a .rpy or .py script changing them into the game folder at runtime) is blocked and the game will deliberately crash if tampered with.
This means you'd have to decompile the .rpa archives, carefully changing every instance of the name(s) with find/replace (regex would almost certainly be required if you didn't want this to take an eon), and then either running the game from the Ren'Py SDK or recompiling it (which would require the SDK anyways).

Last edited:
Reactions: JaszMan

Laura2022

Dec 25, 2021
The protagonist name, male or female, is in fact controlled with a variable for use in the name box, but I am maintaining a hardliner stance on disallowing end users to adjust the male name from Zach or the female name from Zoey for story integrity reasons.
I like the overall rework, even if I'm fairly against the slow pace of development, especially totaling almost 4 years... But replacing 1 variable with 3 (male name, female name, and the super-duper-evil-deadname) hardly seems like something that'd take more than 10 minutes, and it'd keep your story integrity in place.

Anyway, I appreciate your work, just please, don't overexplain something so basic. If you don't want to do it, just say "I don't want to do it."

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes