monomugu

Jan 23, 2020
Thumbs up for the VN. Stayed up all night to read the Yuri route. You managed to avoid the annoying tropes of the genre and makes the relationship development really organic. The early writing was a bit too verbose (could use some editing), notably with the psychology rant. Some is okay for immersion, or with MC input, but it's a bit too much of a dump and not that interesting since it doesn't really help the plot/introduction. Besides that, I was perfectly hooked the moment mom called.

Reactions: DreamTeamStudio

htc89234

Jan 27, 2018
Does Rich already have something written, since around a year ago? I can't find any mention in the larger changelog about his route being created between 0.10 and 0.14.

Edit: it is still not in, to any of you who are waiting for this route like I am.

Last edited:

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
I like the overall rework, even if I'm fairly against the slow pace of development, especially totaling almost 4 years... But replacing 1 variable with 3 (male name, female name, and the super-duper-evil-deadname) hardly seems like something that'd take more than 10 minutes, and it'd keep your story integrity in place.

Anyway, I appreciate your work, just please, don't overexplain something so basic. If you don't want to do it, just say "I don't want to do it."
I said I don't want to do it. Also, it's more complicated than that.

This is a 1-dev team and one person (me) handles everything except the base art, but I still have to heavily polish it for internal consistency and convert it for use in the visual novel.

Reactions: Panonon

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
DreamTeamStudio I read on twitter that you use AI for art and story writing.

No problems with it (of course), but just curious. How long have you been using it for? Do you manually fix the hands / etc?
I heavily use AI for my own personal, private use, but no writing in the VN is from an AI, and no art in the VN except the deliberately fucked-looking backgrounds in the dream and doujin covers in Zach's bedside drawer were made with AI. I had to heavily polish up things manually.

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Does Rich already have something written, since around a year ago? I can't find any mention in the larger changelog about his route being created between 0.10 and 0.14.

Edit: it is still not in, to any of you who are waiting for this route like I am.
He is waiting on sprites, which have been paid for and are being worked on. He has a written outline for much of his route but writing without his sprites present is a terrible idea and would require me to go back and fix the writing to account for them.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
Gotta admit its a pretty solid game. The protag and his reactions to his scenario are in my opinion what make the game and its taken refreshingly seriously. Gotta admit that earned it a lot of easy points just because of how often that is just immediately overlooked in a TG game.

The alt history does make me giggle though, a Japanese occupation of select bits of North America? I must admit I laughed pretty hard at the mere notion of that dying gasp of an Empire of even attempting a landing in North America beyond a scouting venture. Still its an interesting enough premise and the art is solid, the writing is decent and the alt history while probably not the intent is actually hilarious.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I heavily use AI for my own personal, private use, but no writing in the VN is from an AI, and no art in the VN except the deliberately fucked-looking backgrounds in the dream and doujin covers in Zach's bedside drawer were made with AI. I had to heavily polish up things manually.
Gotcha, I misunderstood.

I've tried out the AI writing tools but wasn't a huge fan of them yet. Maybe someday but for now I'm sticking to my own writing.
As for art, like you mentioned I also have to heavily polish things up manually. Thanks for responding incredibly quickly.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
The Red Eyes are cool on both Zach and His Mom, makes me wonder if Zach's Mom really is a demon "evil smirk". Zach already looked like a brooding Vamp, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Laura2022

Laura2022

Dec 25, 2021
The Red Eyes are cool on both Zach and His Mom, makes me wonder if Zach's Mom really is a demon "evil smirk". Zach already looked like a brooding Vamp, LOL.
The story would be 11/10 if it turned out that Zach transformed into a catgirl because there was a cat hair on him or something... Like Hermione transforming into the cat in HP. Or maybe the cat WAS Zach's mom? Tun-tun-tuuuuuun.

Reactions: JaszMan

Zekken018

Jan 22, 2022
hmm story is nice to play. CHEATS seems to have 2 personalities from lower to higher with more or few lines that depends on it. Though some scenario doesn't change depending on the line we choose such as being rude to the partner we choose like keisuke route where despite I choose upset to not forgiving after the force sex when caught masturbating and refuse again in the bathroom but got coerced at the end in offscreen then they're still friends despite that

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
hmm story is nice to play. CHEATS seems to have 2 personalities from lower to higher with more or few lines that depends on it. Though some scenario doesn't change depending on the line we choose such as being rude to the partner we choose like keisuke route where despite I choose upset to not forgiving after the force sex when caught masturbating and refuse again in the bathroom but got coerced at the end in offscreen then they're still friends despite that
Keisuke's route is in the middle of revisions waiting on art, but think long and hard about why Zach is so forgiving to Keisuke.

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
is there any reason why the arcade game quicksaves automatically?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
is there any reason why the arcade game quicksaves automatically?
To allow easier retries, and to prevent breaking in odd cases. You have multiple quick save slots, so this should not cause any adverse issues for readers.

He didn't at first during that phone call and still doesn't even really know who she is? He explicitly has no idea Zach even got a girlfriend, and Zach had to explain who she was, but then after Zach explained how he had fixed up her car his dad had an idea of who Britney was even though his wife had only briefly mentioned Britney to him a single time.
Maybe I am misreading this question, but over the first third of the only phone call Zach has with his dad so far is Zach talking about Britney to him. Maybe you meant the call with his mom?
Samantha (Zach's mom) is almost supernatural cognizant due to her staggeringly high intellect, deductive reasoning skills, and ability to read people. She pieces together Zach is talking about Britney when he explains that he got a girlfriend he knew in high school before he even finished his sentence. The clues were fairly obvious to her (Zach was clearly simping for her in high school, Zach kept bringing her up to his mom, Zach reduced how much he was studying to help her with theater club as a tech member, they hung out most days at lunch, many times after school for theater club, and a few times during the summer), and Samantha has a compulsive need to flex how smart she is on people.

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
To allow easier retries, and to prevent breaking in odd cases. You have multiple quick save slots, so this should not cause any adverse issues for readers.

He didn't at first during that phone call and still doesn't even really know who she is? He explicitly has no idea Zach even got a girlfriend, and Zach had to explain who she was, but then after Zach explained how he had fixed up her car his dad had an idea of who Britney was even though his wife had only briefly mentioned Britney to him a single time.
Maybe I am misreading this question, but over the first third of the only phone call Zach has with his dad so far is Zach talking about Britney to him. Maybe you meant the call with his mom?
Samantha (Zach's mom) is almost supernatural cognizant due to her staggeringly high intellect, deductive reasoning skills, and ability to read people. She pieces together Zach is talking about Britney when he explains that he got a girlfriend he knew in high school before he even finished his sentence. The clues were fairly obvious to her (Zach was clearly simping for her in high school, Zach kept bringing her up to his mom, Zach reduced how much he was studying to help her with theater club as a tech member, they hung out most days at lunch, many times after school for theater club, and a few times during the summer), and Samantha has a compulsive need to flex how smart she is on people.
Ah okay I meant here in the current version:

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Ah okay I meant here in the current version:
Okay, there was a slight variable and pathing oversight.

I messed up due to the negative of temp_thing4.
It's been fixed, and thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: ChottoLoko

LakerJenson

May 24, 2023
Re-Dreamer [v0.14.1] Compressed With UAGC 2.4.8 Fixed

Win: (1.6 GB/451 MB ) ,

Reactions: mastergig30
3.40 star(s) 31 Votes