VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.61] [Purplehat Productions]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This game is good, there's some hot content here. Surprisingly I actually prefer the femdom side to the maledom side, probably because the maledom routes are all pretty depressing. Completely erasing girls and leaving them empty shells isn't my thing, my tastes would have them still being themselves, just with some changes that put our orders first, like an overlay rather than a complete replacement.
Not everything on the femdom routes isreally my thing either, though the hypnosis is amazingly hot, it feels like there's a real shortage of games where the MC gets hypnotised by hot girls, and the shiny leggings hypnosis is really sexy.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
This game is good, there's some hot content here. Surprisingly I actually prefer the femdom side to the maledom side, probably because the maledom routes are all pretty depressing. Completely erasing girls and leaving them empty shells isn't my thing, my tastes would have them still being themselves, just with some changes that put our orders first, like an overlay rather than a complete replacement.
Not everything on the femdom routes isreally my thing either, though the hypnosis is amazingly hot, it feels like there's a real shortage of games where the MC gets hypnotised by hot girls, and the shiny leggings hypnosis is really sexy.
Thank you!

There are more main routes planned. Since Zach never snooped through Rachel's computer in the Kylie route, he never learned about her past, thus that ugly wound wasn't reopened, making that path less depressing.

Based on recent feedback the next route is going to be a more altruistic route. The Re Education helmet is a tool and tools can be used for good or evil purposes.

Maswoo

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Greetings hat. I particually enjoyed the espionage parts. I imagined a plot where you find a con man/woman and someone who can fight in order to pull off some high stakes kidnapping of someone.

Broadly the idea of using power to gain more power like setting up those abandaned houses as a base of operation with the nearby homeless recruited as guards and someone rich to bankroll the whole thing. The idea of humble beginnings into a huge power.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Greetings hat. I particually enjoyed the espionage parts. I imagined a plot where you find a con man/woman and someone who can fight in order to pull off some high stakes kidnapping of someone.

Broadly the idea of using power to gain more power like setting up those abandaned houses as a base of operation with the nearby homeless recruited as guards and someone rich to bankroll the whole thing. The idea of humble beginnings into a huge power.
Interesting idea. Maybe for a sequel...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Based on recent feedback the next route is going to be a more altruistic route. The Re Education helmet is a tool and tools can be used for good or evil purposes.
That sounds interesting. What I was thinking I wouldn't describe as 'altruistic'. Tweaking girls' minds so they are happy and love being our little pets is nice compared to erasing them and making them slaves, but I wouldn't call it altruistic. I did think that it was a shame to destroy the helmet in the routes where we release Rachel, since we spent a fortune on it, though we can't exactly sell it since whoever buys it would most likely be doing the exact same thing we were planning. Though if it can be used for more than hollowing out a girl that does open up new possibilities, doesn't it?

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
That sounds interesting. What I was thinking I wouldn't describe as 'altruistic'. Tweaking girls' minds so they are happy and love being our little pets is nice compared to erasing them and making them slaves, but I wouldn't call it altruistic. I did think that it was a shame to destroy the helmet in the routes where we release Rachel, since we spent a fortune on it, though we can't exactly sell it since whoever buys it would most likely be doing the exact same thing we were planning. Though if it can be used for more than hollowing out a girl that does open up new possibilities, doesn't it?
Indeed it does.

The reason Re Education is less then 30% complete is because there's a lot that helmet can do.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Nice. Although I've personally been hoping less for "altruistic" and more for "selfish but kind".

That sounds interesting. What I was thinking I wouldn't describe as 'altruistic'. Tweaking girls' minds so they are happy and love being our little pets is nice compared to erasing them and making them slaves, but I wouldn't call it altruistic.
This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I mentioned this before, but I think it would fit well within the game's theme if there was an alternative to the evil route where Rachel is turned into Zach's loving slave and willing co-conspirator, but her ability to think for herself causes her to realize how broken he is and that the best way to serve him is by guiding him down a less self-destructive path where he uses the helmet to fulfill his needs instead of reinforcing his wounds. Maybe, when Rachel says "I'm sorry, Chris" just before she's brainwashed, we'd have the option to stop and ask what she's talking about. After hearing her story he'd reprogram the helmet to make her love him and take away her guilt, making her feel as though becoming his slave has absolved her of all blame for what happened to Chris (not that she should really blame herself in the first place). But she still remembers what happens to him, and sees the dangers of her Master falling into the same pit...

Anywho, since I have zero interest in femdom (or rather, in male-player-sub), I still haven't played any of the latest path. I'll check it out for completion's sake when the next path starts, but for now I'm kind of waiting in the same position as that game called Hypnosis that's spent the past year on the "no hypnosis" ending (with the dev splitting their time with another game that has no hypnosis but does focus on the same core kink as the no-hypnosis ending of the game called Hypnosis, ugh). How far along is the current path, and how soon can we expect the next path to start?

Edit: Also, is there any femsub (or at least fem-brainwashing) present in the current route, or is it entirely Zach being on the receiving end?

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Maybe, when Rachel says "I'm sorry, Chris" just before she's brainwashed, we'd have the option to stop and ask what she's talking about.
Ooh. That's an idea the hat will have to mull over.

The Kylie femdom path is almost complete. The hat is planning the next release of Re Education to be on Dec 25th. It will conclude the Kylie path and start on the new path.

The hat does not want to give away what the helmet will be used for in the new path, but it will open up several possibilities.

Last edited:

tempboi7

Aug 2, 2020
Thank you!

There are more main routes planned. Since Zach never snooped through Rachel's computer in the Kylie route, he never learned about her past, thus that ugly wound wasn't reopened, making that path less depressing.

YES! I am excited to see how this goes, since I have been hoping for this for awhile.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Funny you should mention that as there's a 4th path involving using that helmet. The hat deliberately left it out of this update, but it will be in the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah. Whoops! Well that's getting fixed in the next update.

Also the version number (roughly) represents how much of the game is completed, meaning that 0.30 is about 30% completed.

Last edited:

TheSpah

Apr 2, 2020
Oh so this new path of "i have a better idea" seems promising as well as interesting in terms of possibilities with the idea of the "movies hypnosis" kinda thing going on. Would like to see where it goes! hopefully content will come faster than previous updates

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Oh snap, is it finally time for the update I've been waiting for? Time to find out...

Edit:
With the release of 0.30, Re Education begins to address one of its biggest issues. That being that there hasn't been a whole lot of reeducating going on.
I mean, there totally has, just not with the mind control device prominently displayed as the title screen. I figured the name was a play on words, with the non-MC paths being their own type of re-education in the form of rehabilitation (or whatever's going on the in the Kylie path, I'm not into femdom so I haven't played that yet).

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I wondered if it was something like that. That's generally a bad idea, there's no real reason to do that and it just limits you if you misjudge things.
Mmm.

The general idea is that when Re Education reaches 1.0, all the paths will be complete and all the endings will be accessible. However, the hat did foresee the possibility of painting itself into a corner, which is why anything after 1.0 will be given a standard version number (1.1, 1.2 etc.)

But, will note that for future games. Re Education has been quite a learning experience.

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes