3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I'm encountering odd bugs here and there, like I'm now unable to save/load while in game, and quests details do not seem to be present for some girls as well, so I'll give up for now, hoping the dev can fix all the issues.

Reactions: Milvidi

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I got another one, while clicking on some sort of bank machine or something along those lines after exiting the mall, and seeing the invisible girl.

"Why not? Let's do it!" if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) >= 2:

What's the correct thingymaboe (that's the technical term I believe) this time? :)

I've done some searches to see the extent this time , using ) >=

40 results in 24 files, but only 16 hits spread over 8 files on inv like thingies. , and we have some with 2 & 5, and one that seem to base itself on some other calculation if inventory.qty(i[0]) >= i[1]: in inventory.rpy line 152.

I recon these may well be the last ones, since my pre-emptive search on <= return nothing regarding the inventory thingies.
In this case the only thing we can do here is to add 'and mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) != None' after the error code.

So 'if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) >= 2 and mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) != None:'

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I'm encountering odd bugs here and there, like I'm now unable to save/load while in game, and quests details do not seem to be present for some girls as well, so I'll give up for now, hoping the dev can fix all the issues.
Quest details missing is a known issue because I have to read the story again and fill them out manually.

About the save issues, can you send me the lastest save file before that, and the situation where you're unable to save?

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
In this case the only thing we can do here is to add 'and mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) != None' after the error code.

So 'if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) >= 2 and mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) != None:'
I am no dev, but if the error is caused by >=, how does adding an extra condition would solve the issue? :S

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Quest details missing is a known issue because I have to read the story again and fill them out manually.

About the save issues, can you send me the lastest save file before that, and the situation where you're unable to save?
Not really, since I seemed to be close to the end, I've deleted everything, including the save and perm saves.
I was hoping you'd fix the other issues, and I'd start from scratch to catch anything else... so... I'm done there I'm afraid :)

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I am no dev, but if the error is caused by >=, how does adding an extra condition would solve the issue? :S
Because originally, if there is no item of a certain type in the inventory, then the value of qty(item) is None.

And in renpy 7, None can be considered a 0. So 0 < 2 is the same as None < 2.

This is changed when renpy 8 comes out. None is now its own type and can't be compared with a number anymore.

So the added condition is basically, if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) >= 2 and you're having at least one of that item in your inventory.

And yeah, I'll have access to my laptop again soon, and will work on it.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) >= 2

Not if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) <= 2
One of them is a 5 instead of a 2, and another one seems to be calculated from somewhere, so no idea how much it'll be.

Hence, despite your explanation, I do not see the relevance of "none" in that case, since the symbol seem to look at "more than 2 (or 5, or the calculated value.)

Maybe I am misunderstanding something again here though :)

Fennik

Oct 29, 2018
I just downloaded the game. Started a fresh, first start with no save data. Right after I got the message from mom and told myself I (the PC) would go to UA it gave me the gray error message. Clicking on "ignore" gave me access to my room again, with no dialogue. But clicking anywhere gives me the error message once more. Clicking "ignore" just sends you back to the main menu.

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) >= 2

Not if mc_inv.qty(g2slicer) <= 2
One of them is a 5 instead of a 2, and another one seems to be calculated from somewhere, so no idea how much it'll be.

Hence, despite your explanation, I do not see the relevance of "none" in that case, since the symbol seem to look at "more than 2 (or 5, or the calculated value.)

Maybe I am misunderstanding something again here though :)
:D because there's a possibility where the player doesn't have the item in their inventory, thus a None.

And a None is neither > or < a number, hence the error. The extra condition is to rule out this possibility.

NutGuy

Oct 11, 2020
I just downloaded the game. Started a fresh, first start with no save data. Right after I got the message from mom and told myself I (the PC) would go to UA it gave me the gray error message. Clicking on "ignore" gave me access to my room again, with no dialogue. But clicking anywhere gives me the error message once more. Clicking "ignore" just sends you back to the main menu.
Same here, can't even play the game lmao

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
:D because there's a possibility where the player doesn't have the item in their inventory, thus a None.

And a None is neither > or < a number, hence the error. The extra condition is to rule out this possibility.
Thank you for explaining. Not sure what they intended to do with none, since none, should be equal to 0 when dealing with items that needs to be counted. Ugh, dev's logic sometimes (not yours, whoever came up with that shit for Renpy :) )
Anyway, you'll have to fix those, unless someone else wants to add to the fix I've done earlier :)

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Same here, can't even play the game lmao
Because the version posted here is a leak of an old, faulty version. I certainly didn't post this.

There's a fix some posts back, so you can get that if you want. But it's not official (thanks Squisyderpy :D), and might not fix everything.

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
Here's the new one, which include the previous fixes as well.

Unless something else pops up, that should be it :)

I'll delete the previous file, since it'll only lead to confusion eventually for others :)

This file can be extracted in the game folder, as I've recreated the folder's structure as well.
After your fix, the game at least runs to a point where if you go to the Mall or Convenience store it breaks again
For some reason, the interactables/atm.rpy file is breaking the stuff around over and over as well as other files
I've tried to fix them, but was able to fix only a few and atm.rpy is still broken af ...
Hope the GM will fix his messy code :)
game.zip

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
After your fix, the game at least runs to a point where if you go to the Mall or Convenience store it breaks again
For some reason, the interactables/atm.rpy file is breaking the stuff around over and over as well as other files
I've tried to fix them, but was able to fix only a few and atm.rpy is still broken af ...
game.zip
Yeah, I notified him and already pinpointed the bits that were fucking things up, but since I'm done with the game for now, considering the low amount of content I had left from the gallery, I just deleted everything even the perm saves.

I might have another look at this game in an update or two to see if it's in working order.

Reactions: AcTePuKc

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
game.zip
The easiest way is to recompile the game in renpy 7, which is what I'm doing right now.

Anyway, the version here is not intended for public, so I tried to see how it would work with renpy 8, and apparently the answer is 'not well'. This game had never been leaked before, so I didn't expect everyone and their mothers to be able to get their hand on it this early :p

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
The easiest way is to recompile the game in renpy 7, which is what I'm doing right now.

Anyway, the version here is not intended for public, so I tried to see how it would work with renpy 8, and apparently the answer is 'not well'. This game had never been leaked before, so I didn't expect everyone and their mothers to be able to get their hand on it this early :p
It was difficult to infer from your message. I hope the game development goes well. It's unfortunate that someone leaked an unfinished version of the game, but hopefully, we can still enjoy playing it a year or two later.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes