Aug 20, 2020
Change:

if mc_inv.qty(qRayGoggles) > 0:

to

if mc_inv.qty(qRayGoggles) is not None and mc_inv.qty(qRayGoggles) > 0:

at the game/screens/mainUI.rpy

This worked for me!
Yep, that worked for me as well.

HEre's the file if anyone needs it, to be put in game/screens overwritting the current one.

*edit* partly worked, same kind of error popped back later on after clicking on one of the girls.

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Yep, that worked for me as well.

HEre's the file if anyone needs it, to be put in game/screens overwritting the current one.

*edit* partly worked, same kind of error popped back later on after clicking on one of the girls.
The simpler fix would be

if mc_inv.qty(qRayGoggles) != None:

Can you post the log of the other error please?

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

IT happened when clicking on the girl in the garage thing.
It's the same fix. Find mei.rpy, line 20 then change

mc_inv.qty(lightLen) > 0

Into

mc_inv.qty(lightLen) != None

This is because of the changes between renpy 7 and 8, and I haven't got time to weed them out. Sorry for that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It's the same fix. Find mei.rpy, line 20 then change

if mc_inv.qty(lightLen) > 0:

Into

if mc_inv.qty(lightLen) != None:

This is because of the changes between renpy 7 and 8, and I haven't got time to weed them out. Sorry for that.
I did the change (and checked that is was in no other file as well), I still got the same crash.

I did a search on > 0 , but it looks like either there's way too many of them, or some them need to remain, at which point, I can not come up with a quick fix like replace all :(. I've got 130 results, however, I suspect only inventory/item bits are concerned?

I'm just not sure which can be modified, I'd be ok to help out, but I've got no idea which have to remain as > 0 :(

Last edited:

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I did the change (and checked that is was in no other file as well), I still got the same crash.

It's the same file, mei.rpy on line 72 :v.

Well damn, thanks for the work. Looks like I have to check them myself after getting back from work.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It's the same file, mei.rpy on line 72 :v.

Well damn, thanks for the work. Looks like I have to check them myself after getting back from work.
I'll give you some examples and file names of what I've found, since I've got no idea which needs to remain as > 0 .

00intervaltimer.rpy if self._ticks > 0: return
mei.rpy :

if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard01) > 0 or mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard02) > 0:
"Hand over Lab-04 Security Clearance Card." if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard01) > 0:
"Hand over Security Clearance Card - G2." if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard02) > 0:

Fight_main_items.rpy has 9 lines with if qty > 0 and action if(qty > 0 ...
Fight_ui has three lines with a similar stucture but using q.noOwned instead.
Fight.rpy has 14 entries using > 0

cave_lab_3_terminal.rpy has 8 matches in that format: if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard02) > 0 and len(squadMate) > 0 and ulab_tentacle_seen and not ulab_tentacle_released:

pc.rpy has if mc_inv.qty(saleRepUSB) > 0:

There are.. a lot of them.

At present, since I'm no coder, I'm assuming the only ones that need to be changed are the one with "mc_inv.qty" present?

Apr 15, 2020
I'll give you some examples and file names of what I've found, since I've got no idea which needs to remain as > 0 .

00intervaltimer.rpy if self._ticks > 0: return
mei.rpy :

if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard01) > 0 or mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard02) > 0:
"Hand over Lab-04 Security Clearance Card." if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard01) > 0:
"Hand over Security Clearance Card - G2." if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard02) > 0:

Fight_main_items.rpy has 9 lines with if qty > 0 and action if(qty > 0 ...
Fight_ui has three lines with a similar stucture but using q.noOwned instead.
Fight.rpy has 14 entries using > 0

cave_lab_3_terminal.rpy has 8 matches in that format: if mc_inv.qty(cavelabcard02) > 0 and len(squadMate) > 0 and ulab_tentacle_seen and not ulab_tentacle_released:

pc.rpy has if mc_inv.qty(saleRepUSB) > 0:

There are.. a lot of them.

At present, since I'm no coder, I'm assuming the only ones that need to be changed are the one with "mc_inv.qty" present?
Renpy provides exact lines which cause problems. Only the bottom most error line is important.
If you don't want or can do the fixing yourself look for uploaded files. I'll fix and upload any errors I come across while playing.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Renpy provides exact lines which cause problems. Only the bottom most error line is important.
If you don't want or can do the fixing yourself look for uploaded files. I'll fix and upload any errors I come across while playing.
I was trying to look for a more sure way to do it, by searching for the strings in atom, and replacing them.
Some of them seem to be in parts of the story most of us have already done by now, and as such, if we only do those we find now, those mistakes will remain for new players later on :)

I just need to know what not to touch, and which things to look for, then I can edit them a lot quicker, with a much lower chance of missing the ones that'd affect new players :)

Like those for examples:
1694343144201.png

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes