VN Ren'Py Abandoned Real Dreams [v0.2] [ANW Creations]

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Exceptions to every rule, also might depend on when you look.
But it's not a rule. The main reason many devs do so badly on SubscribeStar is that they also have a Patreon, and most people prefer that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
But it's not a rule. The main reason many devs do so badly on SubscribeStar is that they also have a Patreon, and most people prefer that.
Not a case of preference for a lot of us, it's very literally a case of we can't support devs on Subscribestar.

I only use 2 methods of payment online and both of them have blacklisted that site so I couldn't back any devs on there even if I wanted too.

Now add all the other people that only use PayPal or Mastercard online and they have the same problem.

Reactions: J.R.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Not a case of preference for a lot of us, it's very literally a case of we can't support devs on Subscribestar.

I only use 2 methods of payment online and both of them have blacklisted that site so I couldn't back any devs on there even if I wanted too.

Now add all the other people that only use PayPal or Mastercard online and they have the same problem.
But many can support on SS, so what I said is still the main reason.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
But many can support on SS, so what I said is still the main reason.
Unfortunately not really. I for one wanted to support two devs who moved from Patreon to subscribestar, but no chance. Even contacted them, but after an eternity I got the info that my three possible payment methods are not supported... I even bought a prepaid credit card from another country - also not supported. Then I gave up.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
my three possible payment methods are not supported...
What a LOT of people on here can't seem to understand is it is not Patreon that pushed the rules about incest and few other topics being banned from their platform, it was PayPal and Mastercard.

Patreon were given the choice of banning the content or losing their business which would have lost them millions of dollars a year.

Subscribestar was given the same option and refused which is why certain payment options have blacklisted them.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Unfortunately not really. I for one wanted to support two devs who moved from Patreon to subscribestar, but no chance. Even contacted them, but after an eternity I got the info that my three possible payment methods are not supported...
Many people can't support on SS, I know that, but just because you can't, doesn't mean everyone else can't. If you see a dev with 500 supporters on Patreon and 5 on SubscribeStar, which is typical, the main reason he only has 5 on SS is because he has a Patreon. If he went only for SS he would have a harder time to get the same support, sure, but he would do a lot better than 5, that's for sure.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Many people can't support on SS, I know that, but just because you can't, doesn't mean everyone else can't. If you see a dev with 500 supporters on Patreon and 5 on SubscribeStar, which is typical, the main reason he only has 5 on SS is because he has a Patreon. If he went only for SS he would have a harder time to get the same support, sure, but he would do a lot better than 5, that's for sure.
Of course it would get more supporters if it's the only way you can support it. But unfortunately because of the payment issues the game will miss a lot of possible subs who actually can't use subscribstar either.

buff

May 29, 2017

Discovercard ftw

drfronkonstinmd

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Why has no one tried to remake this game? These models are absolutely insane. I hope one day a developer can dig up the potential in these characters.
I'd be willing to do it. I mailed the team twice asking if they'd be interested in having an external dev finish the game for them. I just wanted the models (or the list of morphs and the base characters they used) and the full script or at least an outline of the overall story. No response so far.

brainstorm5

Dec 18, 2021
I'd be willing to do it. I mailed the team twice asking if they'd be interested in having an external dev finish the game for them. I just wanted the models (or the list of morphs and the base characters they used) and the full script or at least an outline of the overall story. No response so far.
Just saw that this got abandoned. All the best and thanks for trying. Just want to know from where you / anyone comes to understand that this / or any game got abandoned. M newbie so please guide me.

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Just saw that this got abandoned. All the best and thanks for trying. Just want to know from where you / anyone comes to understand that this / or any game got abandoned. M newbie so please guide me.
I know the dev. I worked on the game. He abandoned because not enough supporters. Moved on under different name. New game different kinks no muscle.

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I know the dev. I worked on the game. He abandoned because not enough supporters. Moved on under different name. New game different kinks no muscle.
Man. Unlucky.. Saw this to late, love muscle girls.. Also is it possible to get the new name?

• Sad
Reactions: Orlox

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Any chance that they'd be willing to let anyone else finish it?
You'd need the character assets. I have a contact on his current team. I can let him know about the interest. But, I'll only do that for someone who has experience with Daz Studio. And even then chances are slim that he'd say yes. But I'd ask.

Otherwise, you can simply send the dev a pm under his anw account, but don't be surprised if there's no answer. I'm afraid I won't be revealing his new account name because he will have had his reasons to disassociate himself from the anw name. Probably not appropriate for me to reveal it and maybe have folks then criticising him. You know how unfriendly posters can be here unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyRabbit
3.80 star(s) 18 Votes