macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Maybe it is like Crackalackadingdong mentioned, all previous stuff is in the files too, but it is hidden/disabled. IDK.
i doubt that.
when i check to make my review... old part was exact same size as recent part.
mostof time its like this, kind of limit to 2Gb part... i dont think adding a beach and all stuff will just add this low amount of size in it. overwise, why would they just hide the old stuff ? that make non sens as it an occasion for them to show to peoples that they already have work alots in the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
macadam makes a good point about optimisation, but people will still do things in different ways. For example, take 3dcg rendering in Daz3D, etc. People moan that each render takes many hours, even on powerful equipment. 3D games, even 'modest' ones like Skyrim, can render beautiful imagery at well over 60 frames per second.
its not possible to compare theses.

doing a render take shit tons of time because you actually render the scene.
working on unreal or unity isnt the same... you just put models and animate them. it take some time, but your whole thing is here.

i mean, in unreal, you add a char, make it move and add a long path with a house at end.... that's it. you char will move from his spawn to the house.

if you do that same in render DAZ, you have to render each scene 1 by 1 for every movements. its wayyyyyy more worst than you can think.

maybe i will sound dumb saying that, but when its about creating a game, its faster to do it in engine like unreal or unity, because the engine itself will do half the work for movement and such. at difference of rendering DAZ, in wich you act like an old cartoon movie ( frame by frame at specific speed)

hope you understand what i mean XD

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
its not possible to compare theses.

doing a render take shit tons of time because you actually render the scene.
working on unreal or unity isnt the same... you just put models and animate them. it take some time, but your whole thing is here.

i mean, in unreal, you add a char, make it move and add a long path with a house at end.... that's it. you char will move from his spawn to the house.

if you do that same in render DAZ, you have to render each scene 1 by 1 for every movements. its wayyyyyy more worst than you can think.

maybe i will sound dumb saying that, but when its about creating a game, its faster to do it in engine like unreal or unity, because the engine itself will do half the work for movement and such. at difference of rendering DAZ, in wich you act like an old cartoon movie ( frame by frame at specific speed)

hope you understand what i mean XD
We're digressing - this is off-topic in this thread - but I'm talking about 3dcg single frame rendering, as opposed to moving your character into the desired position in a 3D game and taking a screenshot. In both cases, the output is a single rendered image. The difference is that in the case of 3dgc, the image is rendered in Daz or similar, whereas in the other case the rendering is done by the game engine. If you have a 3D game that lets you create the desired world and characters and lets you move them exactly as you want, you could take screenshots and use those images in a RenPy game.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
We're digressing - this is off-topic in this thread - but I'm talking about 3dcg single frame rendering, as opposed to moving your character into the desired position in a 3D game and taking a screenshot. In both cases, the output is a single rendered image. The difference is that in the case of 3dgc, the image is rendered in Daz or similar, whereas in the other case the rendering is done by the game engine. If you have a 3D game that lets you create the desired world and characters and lets you move them exactly as you want, you could take screenshots and use those images in a RenPy game.
well... as you say.
but its not really possible to compare them.

back to topic,
i still hope the devs will finally pack it all together and make a game, instead of multiples "episodes".
imho that would be better for them a same as for players.

its a good game, but it cant be good enougth as long its broken in pieces.

imho, they should use same technic as others did.
1 - building a giant open world (even if its empty, peoples wont care much)
2 - adding building and places
3 - adding chars and others stuff
4 - addnig quests/missions
5 - expand if necessary by adding more building,chars, missions or additional lands.

that's imho the best way to build an open world game. like i say,i personnaly (and otehrs peopels too i m pretty sure) dont care to walk around an giant empty world with a small city part in it. its way better than walking around a small aera always different at each update.
by following this exempl, this game would already be pretty nice with various places to visit and chars to meet etc... wichwould be way better than what is actually served.

just my opinion.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Agreed. I'm pretty sure that all the demos so far combined into one will take up much less space than the sum of the individual sizes, as many resources will be shared.

• Haha

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here is the thing ... though ... this demo does not work ... it has bad dialogue ui, has bad interaction grid, has sketchy...at best ... game mechanics. They are still grasping at straws ... we be patiently waiting for 'em to wise up, I guess;)

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Nah, the game lost all of its interest by switching from a male to a female character.
AFAIK, it hasn't actually changed; rather, another dimension has been added. It is hard to get into the mind of the dev, but I suppose the final version will have multiple paths and protagonists.

Kourosh

Dec 2, 2018
When the big circle shrinks, you need to time the click to when it matches the same size as the static circle that doesn't change.

Its basically just a tech demo. All you can really do is try the sex minigames with a couple of the NPCs.
3.2 GB for a demo ?! I've downloaded Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (google it!), and it's just 3.15 GB !!! if it's just a demo someone should've put it in the fucking overview or version detail. most of the tags are also bullshit. btw it doesn't matter if it's a demo or not, it has to have to some introduction or tutorial and save feature. this 2019.

• Haha

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
AFAIK, it hasn't actually changed; rather, another dimension has been added. It is hard to get into the mind of the dev, but I suppose the final version will have multiple paths and protagonists.
Oh that's ok if that's the case, thx for the clarification

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
well this update was... confusing
1) why replace the male char with a female?
2) levels? sex appeal? soda? What?
3) you can't just redesign the entire fucking game and expect people to know what they're doing with 0 god damn instructions.
4) If you're going to build a giant open world area... ADD a god damn MAP. Or at least some indication of What is Where. I spent a good 40min exploring complete nothingness. took me 20min to find the 1 shower on the entire 1km long beach.
5) Please. For the love of all things holy. NO. QTEs. It's really annoying having to do skillshot QTEs that have a 0.4sec margin of error. It's tedious at best, aggravating at worst.

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
But I pretty much see a game I do not want to play (female protag is not me). And I see everyone who did support the game in patreon essentially being gyped from their money. Also if a dev keeps restarting is that not a method to keep not delivering a game but still get patreon subsidy? Final note this monster is 6 gigs what the heck! FZDCs post two above for my other offences I find this game has. It's like something made deliberately difficult.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is exactly what the 2 man team developing this now need - > feedback!

Thank you so much!
-> now ... if only each and every of their supporters said the exact same thing ...
Great things might come of it and some core aspect of this game would get done;)

JJATH

May 2, 2017
They are Test Builds, meaning each version of the game has a different area with more features and locks out the old areas. They will come back, from what I'm seeing it looks like we'll be able to switch characters like GTA 5

2.90 star(s) 47 Votes