ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
After playing this for a bit i think that you boxed yourself in with the ability to chose the MC. The MC that could be lets say male is at best androgynous and The "sex" scenes are just a nudie picture of the girl, there is no interaction between 2 people. If you didn't want to draw dicks then don't. Commit to a female protagonist and 1 body type so that you can actually have some interactive scenes.

Another thing i don't like its just how fast the mind control goes, its from 0 to 100 in 1 scene, there is no buildup, no gradual breaking down of barriers that actually make it interesting and more importantly NO LIMITS. The girls just become mindless golems.
About the mind control. That's the thing it's up for you to decide. It's about real control. About being able to change everything about a person, you can just use it a bit, or as you say make them mindless. But you can also not use it at all, relationships will develop a bit more slowly like it's natural, but you'll be able to explore romantic relations with any of the characters (as they are implemented into the game). I want the game to focus on the freedom of the player when doing that and when acting the character or talking, not having to follow a script to get the lis, to not be limited. The world in the game is hard enough, and you are facing really powerful people and corrupt systems of power, the glove can do so much. I can understand if it's not your cup of tea though

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Very interesting start and apparently lots of different ways to play. Hopefully it won't get too complex and bogged down by all the different choices, but I certainly like that you can actually decline to just mind control everyone. Will be interesting to see where it all goes.

I did feel that the opening is a little bit rushed; in the sense that you rapidly talk to different team members and you know absolutely nothing about them. Maybe some sort of optional codex or something that explains a bit about the team members and your relationship to them? I mean, info dumping that way is probably not exactly the greatest writing choice, but at least it might be a bit less confusing ...
(also, it's very much sledge-hammer morality on what's going on, but eh, I can live with that ^^)

Bit frustrating also that the English is once again problematic. Just really pulls you out of the game, and makes it much harder to know the tone of what's going on. Are they serious? Playful? Teasing? Or just incomprehensible? Who knows ...
Yeah I've been wanting to make a glosary of all the characters and factions, I'll implement it for the next update (0.3). About the english It's not my first language and things slip through the spell check and multiple readings. I get it might be detrimental to the experience, so I'm working on getting better at it.

Reactions: PyoT

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
If I just mind break everyone I can have them all with me at the end of the second day, is there no way to do this with the lowest level of mind control? Even when I "tell everyone the plan" they don't come with me.
So both Emma and Sam can be made obedient and asked to go to your appartment and room respectively. Kim in the first encounter can only join you in your room the first night if you enslave her. But for the third night (at the underground) everyone can be made obedient and have them with you (Kim must be told to follow you then use the glove at the underground parking to make her obedient). If they are told to be on your side no matter what they join you, although you cannot really order them arround, they are just pasively okey with whatever you do. If you make them good everyone except for kim can be convinced to join you in your plan to change the world. Hope it was helpful

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Thanks so much for all this help!
I'll start to work on this second batch of bugs alternating between working on the new updates (mostly drawing these first weeks), so I'll probably make a 0.2.2 but it will come a bit more slowly and halfway through the development of the 0.3
sorry if i'm trow to much at you in very little time, but i'm for sure forgot in a few hours [just to remember it like six months later]

but
Code:
    if slaves == 1:
        if scompany == 1 and (sstate == "mindless" or sstate == "affected"):
            scene street with dissolve
            "You go with Sam in her car, the dynamic between the two of you completely changed now"
        if ecompany == 1:
            "You get out silently with Emma by your side, and take the bus to work"
            "You could have ordered her to use her meta-speed but it would have drawn unwanted attention"
        if kcompany == 1:
            "You take a taxi with Kim, you use her money to pay for it, as she is also yours"
            "It's still really early and the sun is nowhere near coming out"
i have dominate kim (not mindbroken her) and changed to "obey me" both emma and sam and the second and third block are both played [so for the game i go with emma with the bus then called a taxi to return home and pickup kim or something like this]

the easiest way is change the successive if in elif to be sure only one will be played, a better solution will be take in account all the possibility, with only three characters is feasible, but i don't know if is a good expend of the limited resource [time] you have.

[if you are with all the three you use sam car to go works with emma and/or kim, if you are follow only by kim and emma you can use a taxi pay with kim's money bringing emma with you, for the "only one" use the already in game line]

i see you use sometime "elif True:" i don't think will make any harm, but the "right way" should use "else:" as last statment in a else-if chain.

i thing i see only now
file:up2 row:244

Code:
smoral == "good" and sknowsglove == "true" or steam == "you" and sknowsglove == "true"
chain "and" and "or" statment without braket can brew only disaster,
you can chain multiple "and" or multiple "or" without problem but never mix them without parenthesis. or you will be at the whim of the compiler (a very, very, very bad thing)

Last edited:
Reactions: ExerBastion

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
So both Emma and Sam can be made obedient and asked to go to your appartment and room respectively. Kim in the first encounter can only join you in your room the first night if you enslave her. But for the third night (at the underground) everyone can be made obedient and have them with you (Kim must be told to follow you then use the glove at the underground parking to make her obedient). If they are told to be on your side no matter what they join you, although you cannot really order them arround, they are just pasively okey with whatever you do. If you make them good everyone except for kim can be convinced to join you in your plan to change the world. Hope it was helpful
If I make everyone "be on my team" then I only end up with Kim, Sam and Emma at the end.

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
If I make everyone "be on my team" then I only end up with Kim, Sam and Emma at the end.
Wow what an oversight on my part. It's true. Somehow it is missing from all those senes the variable needed for them to later appear. For the time being you can make them good and convince them to join you, then change them once at the parking lot.

Reactions: HarveyD

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
sorry if i'm trow to much at you in very little time, but i'm for sure forgot in a few hours [just to remember it like six months later]

but
Code:
    if slaves == 1:
        if scompany == 1 and (sstate == "mindless" or sstate == "affected"):
            "You go with Sam in her car, the dynamic between the two of you completely changed now"
        if ecompany == 1:
            "You get out silently with Emma by your side, and take the bus to work"
            "You could have ordered her to use her meta-speed but it would have drawn unwanted attention"
        if kcompany == 1:
            "You take a taxi with Kim, you use her money to pay for it, as she is also yours"
            "It's still really early and the sun is nowhere near coming out"
i have dominate kim (not mindbroken her) and changed to "obey me" both emma and sam and the second and third block are both played [so for the game i go with emma with the bus then called a taxi to return home and pickup kim or something like this]

the easiest way is change the successive if in elif to be sure only one will be played, a better solution will be take in account all the possibility, with only three characters is feasible, but i don't know if is a good expend of the limited resource [time] you have.

[if you are with all the three you use sam car to go works with emma and/or kim, if you are follow only by kim and emma you can use a taxi payed by kim's money bringing emma with you, for the "only one" use the already in game line]

i see you use sometime "elif True:" i don't think will make any harm, but the "right way" should use "else:" as last statment in a else-if chain.

i thing i see only now
file:up2 row:244

Code:
smoral == "good" and sknowsglove == "true" or steam == "you" and sknowsglove == "true"
chain "and" and "or" statment without braket can brew only disaster,
you can chain multiple "and" or multiple "or" without problem but never mix them without parenthesis. or you will be at the whim of the compiler (a very, very, very bad thing)
Makes sense I should take more into account the previous variables left behind once you change the characters multiple times, thanks for catching it.
I'll also start changing my chains of variables as you say jic

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Well all sexual scenes with Kim currently depend on the glove, making her obey, enslaving her (having her act normal or obedient), or breaking her mind, to interact with her in that way. Her romantic route, will probably start arround the 0.5 update more or less in how I had things planned. She joins naturally in an evil route. But the glove can make her join you in any route, without having to make her obedient in any way. If you made her good she might join in by 0.4. If you have her allways be okay with what you do, she'll come with you right now, but you'll need to start going out with her to unlock scenes so that's also for the 0.5. If you made her afraid you'll be able to kidnap her by 0.4 aswell. I hope this was helpful
the other girls will join later in if of course you don´t brainwash them too?

Jul 19, 2020
I didn't read all the tags, I just searched for female protagonist games, read the synopsis and decided to give this a go so I honestly thought this was set in a female-only world like Champion of Liberty, given that well every single character in it is a woman, even the street fighting drunks. Until I read the sex scenes, they feel so ambiguous to fit anybody so also feel like they're not satisfying for anyone? Brought me out of it quickly, so that's a bit of a let down. Otherwise though I'm intrigued, I quite liked the world building and the premise of having and using that much power is pretty cool (and kinda hot) so I'll probably tune in for future updates

PS. I still cant really get my head around it not being meant to be a female only game, with the male protagonist option just tacked on to increase player base. This might be self serving bias but i cant help but feel it would be better to toss the male option and concentrate only on juicy sapphic action ;p

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
the other girls will join later in if of course you don´t brainwash them too?
Well depends on the route. For the initial six in the game. Based on the current plan for the game's future:

Sam can join in 0.4 if you want to use the glove for good. Kim might also join if you made her a good person (even if it's a bit late like 0.5). But without using the glove, It's just you, Sam and Emma, and eventually the whole activist faction with arround 6-7 characters (including anti-heros), but they will expect of you to use the glove for change in regards to powerful people.

In a bad, do what I wan with whomever I want route, Kim would join the 0.6 or 0.7. Kim follows you to opther evil routes, but will be happier in the empress of the universe route.

Now later into the game, will come with the main branching of the game. Here is where you can get the other three. Evetually they will offer for you to become a hero yourself. While letting you keep all slaves you have. If you do this, you will be able to ask for things before you enter, you can ask for Cathy to be your secretary, Selina your body guard, and Nadia to become "Powerlass" like she wanted, this way you can have them all three without glove and most are happy with the change. (Sam and Kim can also join here, although Sam will become more uncomfortable as she continues to see what the CSH is willing to do to maintain power, and could abandon you)

But any other character will be part of a faction (heroes, villains, activists), and will only join you in that route without the use of the glove. Although each character will have they're specific route with wants and needs, that may even be conflicting with other characters in those factions.

Last edited:
Reactions: dking239

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
ExerBastion you should probably make a discord. I am not a fan of the platform, but it does make it very easy to submit bug reports. especially spelling reports. as I can just use windows+S key combo to take a screenshot. and then directly ctrl-v to paste it directly into discord.

Anyways, I found an invalid syntax error
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/up1.rpy", line 8554, in script
    if kstate = "pretending":
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (up1.rpy, line 8554)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Real Power 0.2.1
Wed Jan 18 03:54:21 2023
to replicate:
mind control kim to level 2. tell her to pretend to be normal even with you.
kiss her in your bedroom then grab her ass. after a few lines of dialog you get the above error.
I worked around it via rollback and just not grabbing her ass after kissing.

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
ExerBastion you should probably make a discord. I am not a fan of the platform, but it does make it very easy to submit bug reports. especially spelling reports. as I can just use windows+S key combo to take a screenshot. and then directly ctrl-v to paste it directly into discord.

Anyways, I found an invalid syntax error
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Real Power 0.2.1
Wed Jan 18 03:54:21 2023
to replicate:
mind control kim to level 2. tell her to pretend to be normal even with you.
kiss her in your bedroom then grab her ass. after a few lines of dialog you get the above error.
I worked around it via rollback and just not grabbing her ass after kissing.
Thanks for sharing. And that's a really good point about discord I hadn't think of, I'll probably do that

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Also, when using glove to make changes to an enslaved (level 2) girl. your options are "return her to normal and set her free" (level 0) or "break her mind" (level 3).
It is missing the option of "return her to normal, then trance her" (level 1 enslavement. ex: "you are on my team" or "you love obeying me")

Incidentally, I noticed kim does not have a "you love obeying" option. she has the team command, and some unique commands. but not that one.
even though it should be functionally near identical to "pretending" mode.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
ExerBastion I hit a game blocking error
load attached save. no matter what I say I get the following uncaught exception a few lines later
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/up2.rpy", line 358, in script
    if scompany == 1 and sstate == "mindless" or if scompany == 1 and sstate == "affected":
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (up2.rpy, line 358)

Full traceback:
    if scompany == 1 and sstate == "mindless" or if scompany == 1 and sstate == "affected":
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Real Power 0.2.1
Wed Jan 18 04:16:05 2023

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
ExerBastion I hit a game blocking error
load attached save. no matter what I say I get the following uncaught exception a few lines later
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Real Power 0.2.1
Wed Jan 18 04:16:05 2023
Thanks for all of this! Although I'm out of my town for a week and I was working on the images for the next update, since my pc is back home. But in a week I'll put on the turbo. Since this one is big, I'll try to speed up fixing those

Reactions: mrttao
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote