lagolagolago

Apr 30, 2020
This is so bad. Not only the usual problems with the english language and tendency to babble on, but also seriously weird sensibilities. Begging is a crime, as is protesting, people should be robotic at work and so on (at least in that world and the game is written as if these things weren't weird). All together makes it so one just doesn't know what the author wants to say. Every second sentence one has the feeling the author wants to say more than is there but one just doesn't understand and one doesn't know whether that is because she/he is a nutter (with those weird sensibilities) or just has not enough command of english to express it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gaboris and lnppo

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
This is so bad. Not only the usual problems with the english language and tendency to babble on, but also seriously weird sensibilities. Begging is a crime, as is protesting, people should be robotic at work and so on (at least in that world and the game is written as if these things weren't weird). All together makes it so one just doesn't know what the author wants to say. Every second sentence one has the feeling the author wants to say more than is there but one just doesn't understand and one doesn't know whether that is because she/he is a nutter (with those weird sensibilities) or just has not enough command of english to express it.
I think it's pretty obvious what the setting is going for, lol. It's not very subtle.

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Well. Begging is a crime, much like it is in many places in the world. But protesting in the game is not, it only becomes a crime if it escalates to violence or damaging private property. Again a lot like in many countries. The police (Citizen safety officials) even if drafted, have one of the highest paying jobs in the current system, so in the game you are part of a lucky few and the workers aren't as robotic as they could be in any other job. You also work in the office overseeing the rich district of the city. So your work is usually easier, but because it's not a private residential area, it hosts a lot of banks and enterprises, which brings a lot of protests, most with very little people atending.
You don't have to like the game though. And I do have my issues with the language, so I can understand if that's detrimental to the experience.

Last edited:

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
"This dystopia that people are constantly protesting is dystopic!"
Two things can be true at once, protests are organized very quickly if you've ever been in an activist organization, even more for something considered big even in those societies. This fictional world has a lot of issues heightened by the presence of super powers. It's one of the things showing those issues; that protests being legal, ends up working in favor of keeping things the same. Much like with burocracy, it gives the people a fake sense of power, that you can make your voice heard, but it is drowned by a media conglomerate interested in very specific things. The people protesting aren't a real threat to a system with a military and police base full of super humans, drafted in their teens and benefiting from a high paying job, so it's better to keep them protesting. It's just how it works even now in many countries. Dystopic doesn't just equal authoritarianism and dictatorships (which of course are really bad), but also the corruption of democracy by powers unwilling to work for it.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Real Power [v0.2.1] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 101mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
any plan to control super villians too? :unsure:
Next update (0.3), based on the current results of the patreon survey, will have a villain as the character it will focus on. She will come to negotiate. And you'll be able to even have a first date with her, as parts of the negotiations of course. after 0.21 is out, another survey will decide on the exact villain the plot will focus on.

Reactions: lockerxx
Jun 30, 2018
Next update (0.3), based on the current results of the patreon survey, will have a villain as the character it will focus on. She will come to negotiate. And you'll be able to even have a first date with her, as parts of the negotiations of course. after 0.21 is out, another survey will decide on the exact villain the plot will focus on.
The next Update when will it come... I can hardly wait ^⁠_⁠^

Reactions: ExerBastion

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Have you considered creating a walkthrough?
Yes, by the time 0.3 is close to finishing and my friend testing I'll work on it. Although I don't want for it to become restrictive, I want decissions to be as straightforward as possible when they change story progression. It will be more of a general guide to who can join you in every different route, and a bit on who is open to open relationships, or a throuple (with certain characters), highlighting a couple of important moments and decissions that contribute to the texture of each moral route.

And I will focus on the part about who joins you in what route, because most answers (except really mean ones which are evident) will advance romance with characters, so that this is is not a tell the LI exactly this exact combination of choices kind of game (which I think ends up coopting someone into not actually playing the game but follow the manual, and make the character a very specific way); but that in each interaction you can explore the conversation naturally. They'll have much bigger issues with your moral choices and route than with conversations about what each person likes, which I think is more natural to romance. And the thing is the glove can make sure that you have everyone on your side, no matter what you do moraly. And can make everyone okay with open relations, you can use it to make characters like you more if they have come to dislike you aswell. So even that, is up to you to choose or do.

Also outside of this small walkthrough I'll make for a pdf. In the next update (0.3) I plan to add a glossary on the factions and characters for a better understanding of the world inside the game.

Last edited:

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
The next Update when will it come... I can hardly wait ^⁠_⁠^
I can't say this soon to be honest, This 0.2 update has been a lot of work. And I want to keep optimizing the game, make a glossary, add a functional day system coupled with missions, events and dates, outside of advancing the plot. And the previous update came with forgetting that I'm one person drawing, writting and programming, while wanting a very expansive game in choices and routes. I said a date too soon and way off from my capabilities, which ended up with me working overtime everyday, the last two weeks barely getting sleep (The writting is the worst offender in this). So I can't say just yet. I want to have it in two months and a half give or take, and I'll inform my patreons weekly of how it goes (how much I wrote and how many images I did each week) like I did the past update, but not really say anything before it is more solid. This is because I don't want to sacrifice dialogues if I can and I want dates to be as expansive as posible in letting you explore different topics. I want to put as much effort in to the game as posible.

Last edited:

Kinga45

Mar 9, 2018
Yes, by the time 0.3 is close to finishing and my friend testing I'll work on it. Although I don't want for it to become restrictive, I want decissions to be as straightforward as possible when they change story progression. It will be more of a general guide to who can join you in every different route, and a bit on who is open to open relationships, or a throuple (with certain characters), highlighting a couple of important moments and decissions that contribute to the texture of each moral route.

And I will focus on the part about who joins you in what route, because most answers (except really mean ones which are evident) will advance romance with characters, so that this is is not a tell the LI exactly this exact combination of choices kind of game (which I think ends up coopting someone into not actually playing the game but follow the manual, and make the character a very specific way); but that in each interaction you can explore the conversation naturally. They'll have much bigger issues with your moral choices and route than with conversations about what each person likes, which I think is more natural to romance. And the thing is the glove can make sure that you have everyone on your side, no matter what you do moraly. And can make everyone okay with open relations, you can use it to make characters like you more if they have come to dislike you aswell. So even that, is up to you to choose or do.

Also outside of this small walkthrough I'll make for a pdf. In the next update (0.3) I plan to add a glossary on the factions and characters for a better understanding of the world inside the game.
Awesome, by the way I wasn't criticizing you or your work I was just curious. :)

Reactions: ExerBastion
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote