Unity Realm of Dominance [v.0.5.9.2] [Morte Dara]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

track989

Mar 25, 2018
Please no. The women look perfect in this game, no need to ruin it with the overly exaggerated proportions that can be found everywhere else. However, feel free to change this Destor guy because he looks like a complete chad and i'd want him to lose even without any femdom content.
I agree that I like the proportions as they are rather than huge tits & asses and hourglass figures etc, but I do agree with that guy's point about gestures/curvature being key. I don't know if just "draw a sexier 2D image and segment it" is the solution though, I think fundamentally a ragdoll system is nearly impossible to make sexy.

I've seen it usefully implemented in all sorts of sandbox games where the ragdoll is for the *player* character, usually in a context where the player is interested in watching their character transform into a furry/woman/robot or wear certain clothes or whatever, but I think in those games it's of less importance that the ragdoll is sexy, it's more important as a representation of effects on the player. Think fenoxo type sandbox world stuff. The other place I've seen ragdoll systems work ok is in 3D games, mostly various fighting games, where I guess it's apparently much easier to make a genuinely sexy reusable 3D pose for slightly different models than it is to make a reusable 2D rigged pose that suits multiple enemies.

I dunno what the solution is (noting that if enough people like the current style, there's no need to change anything!). I would say that if every fight is gonna be against a named enemy with her own unique moves and personality and progression, why not take the final step and also uniquely animate those moves outside the confines of a ragdoll posing system? It doesn't seem like such a game actually benefits from the infinite randomisation/extensibility of a ragdoll system, and the solution might be "scrap whatever gameplay mechanics previously required a ragdoll system" e.g. I dunno if anyone super badly wants to be able to have animated fights against enemies who randomly have blonde vs brown hair and silver vs gold armour, I'm personally happy to just have the same fight repeatedly if it's animated better even if it does look the same, especially since the artist can then pick a cohesive and pleasing character design. Compare w/ Lilith's Throne where the enemies can have a billion fetishes and body types and hairstyles and mutations and the fight ending sex scene is fully interactive... But for me it falls quite flat compared to even a fairly simple hand written and hand drawn result from any other game in that genre

The other thing is the characters kinda have the Bethesda games thousand yard stare, I think if you changed absolutely nothing else but improved the faces the game would look a lot nicer for probably quite low effort. I realise "improve the faces" is a pretty vague suggestion but it's the first thing I'd take another look at if I were the artist.

Watching this game with interest, anyway

• Red Heart
Reactions: Morte Dara

Morte Dara

Realm of Dominance
Game Developer
Jul 23, 2019
Please no. The women look perfect in this game, no need to ruin it with the overly exaggerated proportions that can be found everywhere else. However, feel free to change this Destor guy because he looks like a complete chad and i'd want him to lose even without any femdom content.

Rather than worrying about art style though, based on the 0.3 public version from itch, this game is very rough and awkward to play. The UI is a mess and there's too much text without any skipping. Intuition tells us to look for an "X" or close button for any open UI boxes but this game doesn't have that which is really awkward. I also accidently clicked on "submit" because the continue button is in the same place as the resist/submit options. Also, there needs to be feedback when buying something from the store. I clicked purchase 4 times because it looked like nothing happened and found i had 4 swords in my inventory.

Anyway, i think that while this game feels rough to play right now, there's potential for it to become something special.

FYI: Works perfectly on Linux via wine.
View attachment 2128432
Hi, thank you for your great feedback about the UI. We fixed those problems because you pointed them out. In the next update, UI elements have the X button on the right top corner. Also, when you buy a new weapon a text message prompts and informs you. Also, you will be able to download the Linux version oficially. We will publish our game on Win Mac and Linux at the same time. Have a nice day!

Edit: Submit button is probably placed wrong, we will also fix it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: F4C430

Morte Dara

Realm of Dominance
Game Developer
Jul 23, 2019
Sounds good.

The solution to having a more sexualized female form can be easy to pull off.

This is from a game called Good Boy. Notice how curvy and sexualized the woman are. I imagine the reason they're patrons are low is because of the gameplay, but the important part is the animation and the simple drawings of the female form, and how they're sexualized.

The curvature of the women's body is based on what men find the most appealing on various polls across the internet. You don't have to make them that thick, they can be athletic too.

I'm purposely showing very basic art, which can easily be segmented for animation, based on your needs.

What's important is the gesture, curvature, and sexualization of the female form.

IMO, you already have the mechanical system in place, now the women just need to be more sexualized, more erotically artistic to produce sexual stimulation.

The simplest thing to do, IMO, is to simply draw the most sexy woman you can, then segment her for your animation purposes.

Another way to look at it is this, I see your existing female characters as placeholders for more erotic versions in the future.

HOWEVER, if there are enough people aroused by the existing characters, then it means you did find a niche of people who do find your art arousing, but it doesn't do it for me, but I think it can be easily rectified. You could literally just find hot drawings on the internet, and just trace over them lol, then segment them for your animation system.
Thank you always for detailed feedback. In our future updates, we may create different characters.

Morte Dara

Realm of Dominance
Game Developer
Jul 23, 2019
I agree that I like the proportions as they are rather than huge tits & asses and hourglass figures etc, but I do agree with that guy's point about gestures/curvature being key. I don't know if just "draw a sexier 2D image and segment it" is the solution though, I think fundamentally a ragdoll system is nearly impossible to make sexy.

I've seen it usefully implemented in all sorts of sandbox games where the ragdoll is for the *player* character, usually in a context where the player is interested in watching their character transform into a furry/woman/robot or wear certain clothes or whatever, but I think in those games it's of less importance that the ragdoll is sexy, it's more important as a representation of effects on the player. Think fenoxo type sandbox world stuff. The other place I've seen ragdoll systems work ok is in 3D games, mostly various fighting games, where I guess it's apparently much easier to make a genuinely sexy reusable 3D pose for slightly different models than it is to make a reusable 2D rigged pose that suits multiple enemies.

I dunno what the solution is (noting that if enough people like the current style, there's no need to change anything!). I would say that if every fight is gonna be against a named enemy with her own unique moves and personality and progression, why not take the final step and also uniquely animate those moves outside the confines of a ragdoll posing system? It doesn't seem like such a game actually benefits from the infinite randomisation/extensibility of a ragdoll system, and the solution might be "scrap whatever gameplay mechanics previously required a ragdoll system" e.g. I dunno if anyone super badly wants to be able to have animated fights against enemies who randomly have blonde vs brown hair and silver vs gold armour, I'm personally happy to just have the same fight repeatedly if it's animated better even if it does look the same, especially since the artist can then pick a cohesive and pleasing character design. Compare w/ Lilith's Throne where the enemies can have a billion fetishes and body types and hairstyles and mutations and the fight ending sex scene is fully interactive... But for me it falls quite flat compared to even a fairly simple hand written and hand drawn result from any other game in that genre

The other thing is the characters kinda have the Bethesda games thousand yard stare, I think if you changed absolutely nothing else but improved the faces the game would look a lot nicer for probably quite low effort. I realise "improve the faces" is a pretty vague suggestion but it's the first thing I'd take another look at if I were the artist.

Watching this game with interest, anyway
Hi, thank you for your detailed feedback. RoD is still in it's early stages like us developing video games. So, we change the things we have done before day by day, with the things we have learned on the road. I'm not sure what can be done about the characters at the moment because we have planned our game around this art style at first. But, who knows?

Edit: We will have many main characters and side characters and RoD will be a long journey. Therefore, rigged characters are time saving for us to use.

We are so happy to get these kind of valuable feedback. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Reactions: track989

Deore

Aug 17, 2019
Please add to be able to save file, game has bugs when you click something too fast, having you to do some stuff again

Nivelungo

Oct 16, 2017
Hi, thank you for your detailed feedback. RoD is still in it's early stages like us developing video games. So, we change the things we have done before day by day, with the things we have learned on the road. I'm not sure what can be done about the characters at the moment because we have planned our game around this art style at first. But, who knows?

Edit: We will have many main characters and side characters and RoD will be a long journey. Therefore, rigged characters are time saving for us to use.

We are so happy to get these kind of valuable feedback. Have a great day!
In my first game, after 20+ days working in the inn,, bougth some equipment and won the first battle vs Valeria (no sexy reward btw ;(, ) then i went to the gym and valeria was saying that i lost the battle... i was thinking that i can take any adventage with her, but if this game is only to be a bottom im out, good luck.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
In my first game, after 20+ days working in the inn,, bougth some equipment and won the first battle vs Valeria (no sexy reward btw ;(, ) then i went to the gym and valeria was saying that i lost the battle... i was thinking that i can take any adventage with her, but if this game is only to be a bottom im out, good luck.
The tags on this page is actually rather good, if there is no maledom tag then it's very likely it won't have it.
There are some games I would say have femdom that doesn't have the tag, for example succubus tower 2 by circle-tekua, so going by the pictures and searching forums can be a way to go about or just ask here in the forums even, someone might be kind to answer.
And the NTR tag can be quite a bother but usually searching the forum will help, as everyone loves to talk about NTR :)

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
The in game text is still messed up.

In any software application, the text scale or size should be 100%. If text has a HEIGHT and WIDTH, they should both be at 100%. If that text is within a container, and its container stretches its contents, then the container must also be at 100% width and height. The text looks like it's been stretched wide by 50%, and it makes it harder to read. You want the text to look 100% legible with zero anomalies. This shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to fix in Unity. To clarify, text size can be changed bigger or smaller, but must remain uniform; height and width the same value.

Here is an example of how it should look I made in photoshop:

1671432048522.png

Here the bottom text is pixelated/blurry. Something must be altering the text object; most likely a stretched container. The text object itself's text size should be changed to be larger. I'm sure Unity has a proper way to increase/decrease text size, but the dev is not doing it correctly. Text should NEVER look pixelated/blurry like that. It must be 100% professionally legible, or you're needlessly giving people reasons to not sub to your patreon/exit the game prematurely, because it's harder on the eyes.
1671432158540.png

Good job on separating the buttons, so you don't accidentally select a choice when skipping ahead in dialogue. So far a lot of changes are great, the text issue is problematic though. Nope, when clicking ahead you can still sometimes accidentally pick a dialogue option.

This game would be ten times better in Ren'py, because Ren'py has all these basic issues solved already. OR You probably need to do a Unity UI text tutorial, understand how all the containers work in relation to text objects.

Last edited:

Morte Dara

Realm of Dominance
Game Developer
Jul 23, 2019
The in game text is still messed up.

In any software application, the text scale or size should be 100%. If text has a HEIGHT and WIDTH, they should both be at 100%. If that text is within a container, and its container stretches its contents, then the container must also be at 100% width and height. The text looks like it's been stretched wide by 50%, and it makes it harder to read. You want the text to look 100% legible with zero anomalies. This shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to fix in Unity. To clarify, text size can be changed bigger or smaller, but must remain uniform; height and width the same value.

Here is an example of how it should look I made in photoshop:

View attachment 2246925

Here the bottom text is pixelated/blurry. Something must be altering the text object; most likely a stretched container. The text object itself's text size should be changed to be larger. I'm sure Unity has a proper way to increase/decrease text size, but the dev is not doing it correctly. Text should NEVER look pixelated/blurry like that. It must be 100% professionally legible, or you're needlessly giving people reasons to not sub to your patreon/exit the game prematurely, because it's harder on the eyes.
View attachment 2246927

Good job on separating the buttons, so you don't accidentally select a choice when skipping ahead in dialogue. So far a lot of changes are great, the text issue is problematic though. Nope, when clicking ahead you can still sometimes accidentally pick a dialogue option.

This game would be ten times better in Ren'py, because Ren'py has all these basic issues solved already. OR You probably need to do a Unity UI text tutorial, understand how all the containers work in relation to text objects.
I feel like I have a professional game designer helping our game that we hired everytime you point out one of our mistakes. Thank you for showing us our mistakes. We are still in the learning process. These kind of tips help us a lot. In the next update we will be fixing our texts if they are easy to fix like you stated in your comment. If they are not, they are for a later time because we are working on a bigger update as of now. We are fully concentrated on it. Like you said, texts can be fixed easily probably. Please don't forget that we are still developing this game and we are learning while we do it. There will always be bugs, glitches and sometimes silly design choices. We will learn by fixing them. Thank you again.

Reactions: hakarlman

Daggus

Jan 7, 2018
It also needs a way to skip the dialogue like holding control to speed it up, you cant even click a button to skip the dialogue, you have to let it play out all the way.

Morte Dara

Realm of Dominance
Game Developer
Jul 23, 2019
Tavern Update

We are getting so close to finish this update, wrapping it up and finally releasing it with you, our dear supporters and patrons. After our illnesses, recovering and finally getting into work was a challenge itself. But here it is. So, what are the recent news about the tavern update?

• We finished all the animations.
  • There are a total of nine customers with three different combinations. (There will be new customers in the upcoming updates, we will be updating this area often)
  • Tons of new dialogue for the tavern characters.
  • A mini game where you serve food and drink.
  • Customers tip you if you are doing a well job or they punish you if you aren't.
  • Zia will have her own animation set where she interacts with Destor.
  • A total of eight food/drink that can be served.
  • Each food has it's own time to be prepared.
We aim to slow down the game's pacing a bit by giving the player some side activities rather than just going in to the arena and fighting over and over again. We hope this will be a good distraction. Also, if you have checked the new status screen, you must have seen that there is a section called jobs. We will have more side activities or jobs such as this.

You will be able to upgrade the tavern and Destor's capabilities inside the tavern by gaining experience points. You will be able to spend these experience points by upgrading the movement speed of Destor or just by upgrading your oven etc.

walking.gif

You will be able work as a waiter in the tavern and serve your customers!

Footstl.png

If your customers are not happy with the service they are getting, they will punish you and abuse you.

Licking.gif

Get ready to be used and abused by your customers! Because satisfying them is not always easy.

Have a great day. Stay tuned for updates.

freval

Jun 16, 2018
perfect progress, perfect game more feet and mre violent scene would be great but keep goin. Have you ever thouht about steam btw?

• Red Heart

itsme1

Jan 23, 2018
can someone upload a save pls? my save is stuck on last update and dont change with the update :(

Morte Dara

Realm of Dominance
Game Developer
Jul 23, 2019
can someone upload a save pls? my save is stuck on last update and dont change with the update :(
Please clear your localLow MorteDara save file. With each update we change many things, therefore you may face issues if you use older files. Thank you for your patience!

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
RealmOfDominance-0.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes