Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
How to do things
step 1 Create a folder CAlled Realms Of Lust
step 2 Unzip the base ie the base media file into realms of lust
step 3 download and unzip 4 update and same with 4.1 update into same folder And if Askted Click yes to the Override
step 4 download the attachment witch is 4.1 fix html put into same folder as step 1 Don't put it into pic folder
step 5 click on the 4.1 fixed html and enjoy the game

Reactions: Bukkake HairCut

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
I have good news.

I see here and there that people is not really annoyed by the language. Sadly I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, so I am. Or, I'd better say, I was.
I'm not here to criticize, I love the game, its story, its humor and everything else, but probably because I'm not a native English speaker I find it really difficult to read with all these orthography and punctuation errors. It breaks the rhythm. Attached is a corrected version, it's not 100% perfect and I may have inadvertently slipped some mistakes myself into the document, but it should be much better nonetheless. I know how hard it is to write in a foreign language, so I'm happy if I managed to help. Also, the frequency of mistakes decreased sensibly in the latest release, and that has to be recognized.
There is one problem that may need some attention. The narrator starts with the present tense and uses it for almost all the game, except at the end, mostly in the new content, where he uses alternatively present and past tenses. I corrected most of them, but I'm sure there are still sentences in the wrong tense scattered around.

I had to change a few things. The player won't notice much (hopefully), but the author will find most of the events in a different order. I had the idea of writing a walkthrough while correcting the game, but I don't have the time for something like that again, and the game is simple enough and the choices are often equivalent, that it should not be needed. The new order should have helped me writing the walkthrough, and even after I realized I couldn't write it, I kept reordering everything. I'm also a bit obsessive-compulsive, sorry.
I corrected a few code errors, mostly wrong references to images, missing character boxes and missing/too many tags. There were also two events that were ready, but weren't referenced anywhere: one had to do with the first encounter with nurse Alison, the other with Grandma and Riley. I saw they were complete, so I added them to the game.

The code needs some improvement, but I didn't have the time to do this too. I saw a lot of duplicate code where there are various possibilities depending on previous choices. This means mistakes were copied and pasted multiple times, but they were corrected only once, occasionally. Eliminating the duplicates, or at least reducing them to the few sentences where there is an actual difference, can reduce the weight of the file and, more importantly, the amount of code you'll need to maintain. I may do it in the future, but it will require some time and I feared I would not be able to release it before the new bugfix was released.
I also looked for the bug in Tessa's corruption, but I couldn't find where it happens. I would have tried to fix it, but sadly it's still there.

Finally, I checked all the files. I had to move them one by one to check those in use, those with a wrong name (usually just capitalization, so it's only a problem for Mac and Linux players) and those not in use. Here's a short list of all the changes:
To rename (everybody):
pics/people/dominopresley/sandrag1.gif --> pics/people/dominopresley/sandrag01.gif
pics/people/laurenp/bjg1.gif --> pics/people/laurenp/bjg01.gif

To rename (Linux and Mac):
pics/location/lab.JPG --> pics/location/lab.jpg
pics/locicon/lab.JPG --> pics/locicon/lab.jpg
pics/locicon/megan.JPG --> pics/locicon/megan.jpg
pics/people/brianabanks/Alison5.jpg --> pics/people/brianabanks/alison5.jpg
pics/people/dakota/Anna1.jpg --> pics/people/dakota/anna1.jpg
pics/people/Hitomi/ --> pics/people/hitomi/
pics/people/lisaann/Kara.jpg --> pics/people/lisaann/kara.jpg
pics/people/objects/plc.JPG --> pics/people/obects/plc.jpg
pics/people/siri/Siri.jpg --> pics/people/siri/siri.jpg
pics/portrait/Alexis.jpg --> pics/portrait/alexis.jpg
pics/portrait/Dakota.jpg --> pics/portrait/dakota.jpg
pics/portrait/Hitomi.jpg --> pics/portrait/hitomi.jpg
pics/portrait/Kara.jpg --> pics/portrait/kara.jpg
pics/portrait/Lily.jpg --> pics/portrait/lily.jpg
pics/portrait/Lisa.jpg --> pics/portrait/lisa.jpg
pics/portrait/Mia.jpg --> pics/portrait/mia.jpg

Missing:
pics/portrait/mfiggs.jpg

Unused: see attached file, they are too many to list them here. All together it's about 0.5 GB, so it may be a good idea to remove them or use them in future releases. Most of them can already be integrated into the game as random alternatives to other scenes, but since I didn't know what the author's intension are about them, I didn't insert them in the game.

About the files that need renaming: it's not really necessary to rename the ones marked for Mac and Linux for Windows users, but I suggest the author renames them in future releases, so that we don't have to. And it will be useful if you ever plan to have an online version one day, since most of the servers are Linux-based and require the correct capitalization or won't find the image.

I have to say I wasn't able to test my version. If anyone wants to look for bugs I may have accidentally inserted, I'll be happy to correct them.

About the map issue, I'm not really sure in which map it happens, but I can say in the first one I see the links where they should be. I'm using a 24' screen, 1920x1080. I wanted to integrate the map corrections, but I changed my mind once I saw it works perfectly.

That's all, and probably too much to read.
Grazie per il tuo ottimo lavoro, @Rmaximus! ;)

foreg

Oct 8, 2017
It would probably do good to this game to have new overveiw.
I think it is quite repelling for most potential new players. I mean, it's like two line of a vague description followed immediatly by two line implicitely warning the reader about the poor quality of the game (you tell them it's a begginer's work and badly written basically ) followed by informations almost no one car about, especially people that do not already play the game.

Even the fact that you are a begginer is not very relevant as your work, no matter it's speed and quality, can only beneficial to any one intrested. As it's true, it's always good to tell it but maybe use the thirdline of the overview for something more important.

Gladely for you dev, it seem many people here don't really look at the overview.

Note that I do not criticize the game or the even the writting of the overview. It's the infos inside that are wrong. Delete everything bellow the first line, move it to a changelog if relevant and describe more the content of your game instead.

U

User_564

How to do things
step 1 Create a folder CAlled Realms Of Lust
step 2 Unzip the base ie the base media file into realms of lust
step 3 download and unzip 4 update and same with 4.1 update into same folder And if Askted Click yes to the Override
step 4 download the attachment witch is 4.1 fix html put into same folder as step 1 Don't put it into pic folder
step 5 click on the 4.1 fixed html and enjoy the game
Tried exactly like this as multiple posters have mentioned, still doesn't show any images. Black screen in the beginning, no buttons, no images etc.

U

User_564

It might help to tell which browser you are using.
Having similar issues with images not showing. Files are copied as mentioned following base>4.0>4.1 and html outside pics folder. Still doesn't show up in Chrome/Chromium and Firefox.
I've tried on Edge, IE, Chrome, Chromium, and Firefox 60. All have the same troubles.

wakejona

Jul 2, 2017
I have good news.

I see here and there that people is not really annoyed by the language. Sadly I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, so I am. Or, I'd better say, I was.
I'm not here to criticize, I love the game, its story, its humor and everything else, but probably because I'm not a native English speaker I find it really difficult to read with all these orthography and punctuation errors. It breaks the rhythm. Attached is a corrected version, it's not 100% perfect and I may have inadvertently slipped some mistakes myself into the document, but it should be much better nonetheless. I know how hard it is to write in a foreign language, so I'm happy if I managed to help. Also, the frequency of mistakes decreased sensibly in the latest release, and that has to be recognized.
There is one problem that may need some attention. The narrator starts with the present tense and uses it for almost all the game, except at the end, mostly in the new content, where he uses alternatively present and past tenses. I corrected most of them, but I'm sure there are still sentences in the wrong tense scattered around.

I had to change a few things. The player won't notice much (hopefully), but the author will find most of the events in a different order. I had the idea of writing a walkthrough while correcting the game, but I don't have the time for something like that again, and the game is simple enough and the choices are often equivalent, that it should not be needed. The new order should have helped me writing the walkthrough, and even after I realized I couldn't write it, I kept reordering everything. I'm also a bit obsessive-compulsive, sorry.
I corrected a few code errors, mostly wrong references to images, missing character boxes and missing/too many tags. There were also two events that were ready, but weren't referenced anywhere: one had to do with the first encounter with nurse Alison, the other with Grandma and Riley. I saw they were complete, so I added them to the game.

The code needs some improvement, but I didn't have the time to do this too. I saw a lot of duplicate code where there are various possibilities depending on previous choices. This means mistakes were copied and pasted multiple times, but they were corrected only once, occasionally. Eliminating the duplicates, or at least reducing them to the few sentences where there is an actual difference, can reduce the weight of the file and, more importantly, the amount of code you'll need to maintain. I may do it in the future, but it will require some time and I feared I would not be able to release it before the new bugfix was released.
I also looked for the bug in Tessa's corruption, but I couldn't find where it happens. I would have tried to fix it, but sadly it's still there.

Finally, I checked all the files. I had to move them one by one to check those in use, those with a wrong name (usually just capitalization, so it's only a problem for Mac and Linux players) and those not in use. Here's a short list of all the changes:
To rename (everybody):
pics/people/dominopresley/sandrag1.gif --> pics/people/dominopresley/sandrag01.gif
pics/people/laurenp/bjg1.gif --> pics/people/laurenp/bjg01.gif

To rename (Linux and Mac):
pics/location/lab.JPG --> pics/location/lab.jpg
pics/locicon/lab.JPG --> pics/locicon/lab.jpg
pics/locicon/megan.JPG --> pics/locicon/megan.jpg
pics/people/brianabanks/Alison5.jpg --> pics/people/brianabanks/alison5.jpg
pics/people/dakota/Anna1.jpg --> pics/people/dakota/anna1.jpg
pics/people/Hitomi/ --> pics/people/hitomi/
pics/people/lisaann/Kara.jpg --> pics/people/lisaann/kara.jpg
pics/people/objects/plc.JPG --> pics/people/obects/plc.jpg
pics/people/siri/Siri.jpg --> pics/people/siri/siri.jpg
pics/portrait/Alexis.jpg --> pics/portrait/alexis.jpg
pics/portrait/Dakota.jpg --> pics/portrait/dakota.jpg
pics/portrait/Hitomi.jpg --> pics/portrait/hitomi.jpg
pics/portrait/Kara.jpg --> pics/portrait/kara.jpg
pics/portrait/Lily.jpg --> pics/portrait/lily.jpg
pics/portrait/Lisa.jpg --> pics/portrait/lisa.jpg
pics/portrait/Mia.jpg --> pics/portrait/mia.jpg

Missing:
pics/portrait/mfiggs.jpg

Unused: see attached file, they are too many to list them here. All together it's about 0.5 GB, so it may be a good idea to remove them or use them in future releases. Most of them can already be integrated into the game as random alternatives to other scenes, but since I didn't know what the author's intension are about them, I didn't insert them in the game.

About the files that need renaming: it's not really necessary to rename the ones marked for Mac and Linux for Windows users, but I suggest the author renames them in future releases, so that we don't have to. And it will be useful if you ever plan to have an online version one day, since most of the servers are Linux-based and require the correct capitalization or won't find the image.

I have to say I wasn't able to test my version. If anyone wants to look for bugs I may have accidentally inserted, I'll be happy to correct them.

About the map issue, I'm not really sure in which map it happens, but I can say in the first one I see the links where they should be. I'm using a 24' screen, 1920x1080. I wanted to integrate the map corrections, but I changed my mind once I saw it works perfectly.

That's all, and probably too much to read.
Grazie per il tuo ottimo lavoro, @Rmaximus! ;)
This was finally an HTML file that corrected the map issue I have been having.

VolksKrieg

Apr 6, 2018
guys i don't get it. i have downloaded the 0.4 and 0.4.1 ? and both have the same files, but the 0.4 got 600mb and the 0.4.1 got 80mb? there are no index file to play it. any instruction how to play it?

Aquilas

Jan 16, 2019
Hey, everyone. I'm stuck at tessa's quest. I talked to her once, but couldn't find her progressing the game neither in arrien's reridence, neither in the lab, neither talking to bonnie other time. In the quest log there's the same task as if I did not talk to her yet. How can i progress there(other quests completed exept Lisa's girlfriend quest)?

VolksKrieg

Apr 6, 2018
whats seems the problem on my PC ? the only thing i have in the file that i download are the pictures, other than that nothing.

Rmaximus

Monster girls and big tits lover
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
I'm going to answer what I can the weekend as I'm going to a friend's house an he has that sweet WiFi I so desperately need, but I have great news, I got a new laptop and that means development of the game will no longer be a pain in the ass. I didn't want to complain in public but it's hard to develop when there is a 5 to 10 seconds delay in every letter I type and scrolling is like playing Russian roulette and you have to be lucky to end where you want to on the page or it's another 5 seconds waiting for the page to stop moving. I might show you guys some pics of my old equipment.

Reactions: DudeManrod

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
Really nice game, I enjoyed it alot, played through to the end of current content successfully, no significant bugs.

Wouldn't mind some more Riley content... just like I'm guessing several here wish Riley content was made optional.

Rmaximus

Monster girls and big tits lover
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017

Why do I keep getti
You have to corrupt Lauren, Asa, Siri and Kara before Sunday.
y, is the
Still stuck :/
i cant seem to get the pictures working..

Downloaded both files but aint working..
How to avoid bad ending, mom cidnapped me
See above.
e image pack and the two other image files. I put all folders from the three image pack folders in one folder and i add the htm 0.4.1a ther
We need singular downloads. Having to do this all with multiple successive downloads that must be done in the right order with everything manually arranged is causing all kinds of problems. 1 download, 1 automatically set up folder. That's the best way to stop problems.
I will be back home in ten days and then I will fix this mess I made on the download section.
as your work, no matter it's speed and quality, can only beneficial to any one intrested. As it's true, it's always good to tell it but mayb
True, I wrote that for the first release of the game, and it looked WAY different from what it is today, I will update it for the next release.

To Everyone having Map ploblems, the 0.4 update file has a new set of map images, if you don't replace the old ones you will get an error in the location of the clickable area.
To everyone having pictures not showing up, I would make a folder called realms of lust and then extreact the base folder inside, the the 0.4 OUTSIDE of the folder and then move it in, same for the 0.4.1. And as always the HTML file in the same realms of lust folder, not inside pics.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
incremental updates are nice as long as you have an install. once you have to redownload everything, it gets to be a chore.

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
How to make map??
Right click in explorer, create new folder, name it "Realms of Lust", put the HTML file in here, make a new folder inside the "Realms of Lust" folder, name it "pics", put all of the images in that folder as per the folder structure in the pack, click the HTML file to play.

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes