Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks for the answers.

I take that you would like to see more violence? I guess in a gladiator setting that should be easy to achieve (in reality duels were rarely to the death, but reality already went out of the window and there is also beastifighting that was always fatal for someone).
Maybe I expressed myself the wrong way but that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was just pointing out that the graphic violence scenes, which I'm not that much into (though it won't prevent me from trying), were serving a real purpose in the story and weren't there for the sake of it (just because it was roman times with barbarians all around the empire).

Good continuation.

Reactions: The Rogue Trader

VexTech76

Oct 1, 2022
I'm writing it here because this happens to be the latest example of such a game, but it can apply to oh too many games. I have a serious and not trolling question: what is really the point of 'gay avoidable' games, from a dev point of view?

If one is interested in gay scenes or a gay route, he will like to have more than 'gay avoidable' scenes, as it usually means 'straight not avoidable, where straight is around 90% of the sex scenes of the game'.
If one is not interested in gay scenes, having gay scenes does nothing for them and they could easily be not there with no loss.
It's basically a way to satisfy nobody.

So, why bother? It's not like there aren't fully gay or fully customisable Visual Novels or similar games by now.
What if someone is not gay but bi-curious or perhaps the devs backers are gay/bi? IMO it's nice to have the option in game to not see content geared for others. SpaceCorpsXXX is a good example of this. Options are a good thing. Just my 2 cents.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I'm writing it here because this happens to be the latest example of such a game, but it can apply to oh too many games. I have a serious and not trolling question: what is really the point of 'gay avoidable' games, from a dev point of view?
(...)
So, why bother? It's not like there aren't fully gay or fully customisable Visual Novels or similar games by now.
I asked this exact question to the dev before the release, and he replied that he wanted to stay true to the general feel of the show. I didn't see the show, but we are speaking of a game set in Ancient Rome, when the official rule was "as long as you're penetrating, you're affirming your masculinity, regardless of the actual sex/gender of who is being penetrated".
In that time period, the consensus among upper-class Roman intellectuals was that humping a young boy was actually better than humping a woman, and a full hetero like emperor Claudius was considered a bit of a weirdo.

This said, I agree that if one wants to set a bisex game, logic would suggest that homo and hetero scenes should be more or less equal in number and importance, all optional, allowing a bisex route cherry picking among them all.
My take after playing through it a few times, is that this game is essentially aimed to a male hetero audience that doesn't feel challenged by witnessing male-on-male and girl-on-girl action. If bi (or even gay) players like it despite the unbalance in scenes, more power to them.

are we going to rename our main character with a Latin name?
Good point. Very good point.

I don't know how such a thing could be done well. Maybe picking among a list of common names?

Reactions: RedRaven69

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Looks interesting, if gay stuff and NTR is avoidable I will check it out a few updates in (yes, contrary to my stance in regard to a certain group, I do still not like NTR, I'm just not a douche about it, there's enough content out there for all of us).
Funnily enough, this morning I was reading your review of "A life worth living" and I was thinking that if you were so negative about its storytelling, writing and renders, you would have thrown thunders against "Rebellion", which I consider quite inferior to "A life worth living" in all three fields (and I take full responsibility for its bad writing, being the editor).
And then I find your post there!
Well, we'll see in a few months if I'm wrong.

As for if there will be NTR at all, it's difficult to foresee what Aghasmus is planning, but since the three girls in the banner are
- a pansexual spoiled hedonistic bitch that's married to the main villain of the game;
- an acolyte of a mysterious archaic cult, whose last surviving temple is being blackmailed by a nebulous unidentified man of power;
- a slave, currently property by the "greater-scope" villain, sister-in-law of the main NPC of the story, when there is already a skippable scene where he fucks her in a flashback;
in a story that's about a group of slaves pushed to the point of armed uprising by their oversexual rapey owners, I'd say that avoiding the NTR will be a challenge and might require some planning.

Reactions: anon2323j

perles75

May 16, 2020
What if someone is not gay but bi-curious or perhaps the devs backers are gay/bi? IMO it's nice to have the option in game to not see content geared for others. SpaceCorpsXXX is a good example of this. Options are a good thing. Just my 2 cents.
but Spacecorps is exactly the example where it's definitely not just 'gay avoidable', as you can make a full gay run (as well as a full straight run and everything in the middle). I assume this can't be done in this game (as usual in the games tagged like that).
Oh well, I guess there exist mostly straight people who want to see the occasional gay scene...

Mar 1, 2019
but Spacecorps is exactly the example where it's definitely not just 'gay avoidable', as you can make a full gay run (as well as a full straight run and everything in the middle). I assume this can't be done in this game (as usual in the games tagged like that).
Oh well, I guess there exist mostly straight people who want to see the occasional gay scene...
Straight to see Gay scene is the same as Gay to see Lesbian scene, it should mean nothing but nuisance. I think this game is focused on Bi/Pan people.

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022
Funnily enough, this morning I was reading your review of "A life worth living" and I was thinking that if you were so negative about its storytelling, writing and renders, you would have thrown thunders against "Rebellion", which I consider quite inferior to "A life worth living" in all three fields (and I take full responsibility for its bad writing, being the editor).
And then I find your post there!
Well, we'll see in a few months if I'm wrong.

As for if there will be NTR at all, it's difficult to foresee what Aghasmus is planning, but since the three girls in the banner are
- a pansexual spoiled hedonistic bitch that's married to the main villain of the game;
- an acolyte of a mysterious archaic cult, whose last surviving temple is being blackmailed by a nebulous unidentified man of power;
- a slave, currently property by the "greater-scope" villain, sister-in-law of the main NPC of the story, when there is already a skippable scene where he fucks her in a flashback;
in a story that's about a group of slaves pushed to the point of armed uprising by their oversexual rapey owners, I'd say that avoiding the NTR will be a challenge and might require some planning.
I see you're able to skip gay content, but will it be the main orientation of the game?
(Thanks Spartacus, for protecting my brown eye.)

AGHAMUS

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
I see you're able to skip gay content, but will it be the main orientation of the game?
(Thanks Spartacus, for protecting my brown eye.)
With these scenes (gay, lesbian, violent and so on) I wanted to show the situation in which our hero finds himself. His orientation is hetero. But he is surrounded by different people with different sexual orientations. And from time to time he will be in a situation where he has to make a choice. It's up to you to make that choice.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Could've swore I'd posted this yesterday, but apparently not...

So for the gay/futa scenes, the only options are to suck or run away? Like can you be the one getting sucked & fucking them without getting the same (basically Top/bottom, Giver/receiver, etc.)
I understand it's not likely in this update where mc is still a slave. But in the future?

Don't really care about gender as long as the MC is Dom only.
Also, if present in the future, try to make sharing optional & ntr avoidable. More ppl will enjoy & less complaints too ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Good luck (y)

• Angry
Reactions: bulifun

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
when the official rule was "as long as you're penetrating, you're affirming your masculinity, regardless of the actual sex/gender of who is being penetrated".
Interesting. Very close to my preferences of "Don't care about gender as long as the MC is Dom/Top/penetrating". Already posted asking if MC can be the one "affirming your masculinity" later on.
Be interesting if the dev can work this into the game, like how this view affects the modern MC and maybe he comes to slowly accept/adopt this philosophy too, based on player choices. Could be great if done right.

Funnia story that's about a group of slaves pushed to the point of armed uprising by their oversexual rapey owners, I'd say that avoiding the NTR will be a challenge and might require some planning.
As long as it's avoidable, the challenge might just make it more enjoyable. Like suppose you encourage a character to train hard(player choice) & then he's to tired to do more exercise at night. It's not 100% realistic, but some times you have to think of it as content in a game, instead of just scenes in a story. As long as it's avoidable by making clever choices (don't go for sacrifice choices as that leaves a bad taste anyway, defeating the purpose. Instead clever choices make you feel better for being smart enough to avoid it) it'll be enjoyable to more players who can choose according to their preferences.

Also flashbacks belong to the category of ntr that's triggered by watching 2 npcs fuck, i.e. anyone other than the mc having a sex scene with a girl. I think that's not gonna be an option for this game anyway. Having a safe route for characters in an active relationship with the MC might be enough to reduce some complaints & make it enjoyable to an wider audience.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Interesting. Very close to my preferences of "Don't care about gender as long as the MC is Dom/Top/penetrating".
Already posted asking if MC can be the one "affirming your masculinity" later on.
I'd say they coincide perfectly.
I saw your message but I lost sight of it in the confusion. From conversations with Aghasmus I'm very confident that future gay scenes will give more equality and the MC will even become a topper as his reputation in the Ludus will grew.

Be interesting if the dev can work this into the game, like how this view affects the modern MC and maybe he comes to slowly accept/adopt this philosophy too, based on player choices. Could be great if done right.
I'd like to see this topic treated in a nuanced, cultured way, too, but I'm afraid this game will turn out to be too fast paced to do it right.
In this release, if the player chooses to submit to Crixus, the MC comments about having experimented with boys in college (that's one of my edits, btw), so he's more "bisex" than "slowly accepting this philosophy".
I'll try to sneak some more lines about this: there is already Solonius to explain this worldview to the viewer (he's an adherent to the Roman Soicism).

You put good ideas on the plate, we'll see what Agasmus is planning for his game. My light to see forward is only marginally less faint than those of everyone else.
I know that he wants to keep the game roughly linear in its story, with just brief sidestepping routes for variety, but players should not be forced to choose a content over another.

heels scenes? tentacles?
Heels scenes: Currently no, but one of the characters actually wears stiletto-heeled sandals (totally ahistorical) so I expect them in the foreseeable future.
Tentacles: Don't give the dev new ideas! :eek:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Played it.
Usually games with a slave start, I'm hoping for reversals. Would love to 'affirming your masculinity' on that Crixus & the Owner. Also hope MC has impactful decisions & a route to Power, instead of just helping the rebellion then going back to the future. Like a dilemma choice where he has to leave his power & women(or men) to go back to a normal life.

flags & variables don't seen to have much impact rn. Will have to see how they are implemented in future updates.

I liked the dynamic of Spartacus's home life. The arrangement with the sister was explained in such a matter of fact way. Even the Lundus owner & his wife talked about bedding the priestess in such a way. Good way to express the setting.
Hope the MC gets some relationships like that.

That said, I think a pussy licking trauma for Spartacus would be interesting. Like that's one thing he avoids, for obvious reasons, and have some moments of trauma about his wife & unborn child, as a contrast to how he usually behaved with the female gladiator & the slave.
That scene was brutal with the blood spraying on the face.

Also, since Spartacus shared his reward, this can be a interesting moral dilemma later on if mc gets a reward too. Like bros before hoes, or no sharing to the end?

Anyway premise looks interesting. Will have to see how the content goes in further development (implementation of ntr, sharing, gay, futa, Dom/sub, Top/bottom, power, slave, etc.)
Good Luck
PS: this pic should've been in the op instead of the 15th one. That face is something else. View attachment templescene325_2f.webp

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
I'd like to see this topic treated in a nuanced, cultured way, too, but I'm afraid this game will turn out to be too fast paced to do it right.
In this release, if the player chooses to submit to Crixus, the MC comments about having experimented with boys in college (that's one of my edits, btw), so he's more "bisex" than "slowly accepting this philosophy".
I meant about 'affirming your masculinity'. Even if you are gay or bi, modern people don't think like this, do they?
Your edit about past experience is actually a negative in this sense. It'd be better if MC was struggling to accept the gay sex & felt this idea was acceptable instead of questioning his orientation. But then again, sucking can be considered to be sub route, so there the bi mc sees this in a new light involving submission & masculinity...

Anyway best would be with a straight MC. A system that makes you more of a man for taking other men would be pretty confusing & conflicting to a straight guy who saw gay as feminine or unmanly :LOL:

I'd enjoy dialogue based around the concept tho, like the one penetrating was 'the man'. Be weird to the MC at first, but he gets used to it & even starts saying stuff like that himself eventually, 'affirming his masculinity' to dickheads like Crixus:ROFLMAO:

Raywing

Oct 13, 2021
A game with potential. Ok, the idea of getting into the other world through sex is debatable, but why not.

It would have been nice to be able to skip the explicit scene with a skip function as a gay gamer.

The other naked scenes of women / men do not bother at all and reflects by out the time well again. (for example naked slaves as sex slaves next to the other everyday work). Since it was then already quite permissive and open to the point, if you think of all the orgies.

And even if the main chara is actually straight, I think it's still good to have the option to turn into a BI chara or in the end in totally gay direction through the optional choices, because as I said in ancient Rome the sexual orientation did not matter, much more important was the question of who was active or passive. :D

Therefore, the game has very good approaches and is also graphically really well done. I am curious where the journey goes. :cool:(y)

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes