4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Still a better love story than Twilight.

I hope she will wake up and we will be able to spend time with her soon. Specially now that we know the game is going to be way shorter we were all expecting it.
what if vision girl is not on earth but on the moon? the mention of stars brought that idea to my mind.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
what if vision girl is not on earth but on the moon? the mention of stars brought that idea to my mind.
I live on Jupiter. Well, one of its moons, to be precise. Not a big problem for me..

But I thought the stars were poetry for all the blood around.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I'm currently playing episode 1, but based on my limited knowledge in Vampire: The Masquerade lore, the MC seems to be tearing down the walls that make certain powers exclusive to certain clans.
Hi Karnon,
I certainly do not expect you to read through dozens...hundreds..? of pages to get caught up on what is going on as theory crafted by our crack team of experts here on F-95. Some of us (myself included in this group) are actual paying supporters on Patreon, and some are good ol' pirates. There are several games I am in the second group and a couple I am in the first. This happens to be my favorite game and that includes games I have paid for like BaDIK and City of Broken Dreamers.

To catch you up super fast-
The game mechanics are loosely based on Vampire the Masquerade. Some of the inspiration of how clans are thematically represented are also used. After that it pretty much stops.

There is no Caine, no Lilith, no First City per se, no Jyhad, no Camarilla (though certain social forms are used) and thus far no real Sabbat.

The vast majority of the current vampires are young. There are elders in the city, but these elders are for the most part, far from Methuselah status.

The Princep, and his council of elder advisors are the most powerful group of vampires that most of the city vamps know about.

Sharon is a young Ancilla who has committed a few vampire naughty items in her past, as she clings to her humanity and tries to be genuinely good. For a while folks thought she might be various clans, but I think I can safely say that she, and Eloise, and the Princep at a minimum are in a clan similar to Ventrue.

Astrid is something else. I think a lot of folks think she is Toreador like, and for a long time I floated a theory that she was a Tzimisce using Vicissitude to bend her gender due to some text in the story. I have since bowed out of that thought at least for now out of respect to the great crowd of supporters for this game and Ayhsel in particular as he was losing sleep over it.

Marcius and his brood of thugs are almost certainly Brujah like and show it by their behavior. (Troile style not Brujah style)

The Nos are fairly straight forward, and Markus is a powerful elder in the city, by the standards of the city vamps.

You will encounter a girl and an unfortunate guy at the time of investiture, which are direct minions of the Princeps. One (the girl) is probably a Ventrue type, and the guy who is malformed is almost certainly Gangrel like.

There are other elders and other vampires that float by, but most of them are not of any particular note or power. Lord Carius is interesting because even though he does not look human, he is not deformed enough to be a Nos. He could well be a Gangrel whose form is reptilian, or possibly a Setite type, or even one of the necromantic vampire lines.

All of these vampires operate at a certain level of understanding of who and what vampires are, and do not really know anything about truly ancient history, or ancient vampires.

The following are not in that group-
Vision Girl, Dream Girl, Girl in the Red Haze. We thought for a long while, due to hints dropped in the game that she could be anyone from Lilith to the Goddess Artemis. After some conversations with the authors, I can confirm that her origin is mythical to Calisto. By this I mean she was a myth, a rumor, a whisper in the darkness. Much more ancient than Calisto.

Calisto is from about 2500 BCE Greece and may well have a story similar to the Nymph High Priestess of Artemis, Aphrodite, or even Hera. All of those goddesses had blood sacrifices and were grouped as Cthonic deities. (not Cthulu, but Cthonic which are blood cults aka perfect set ups for Vampire Gods.) Calisto belongs to a group of vampires that are what we would call Methuselahs, bordering on Antediluvian (ie 4th or 5th gen multi thousand year old vampire)

Cindy is her major domo, and likely in her clan but further down, and we (me) have pretty much pieced together enough mythology that would support some of her clan disciplines (Calisto that is), and that she had one bad childe and Fabian who I will speak to in a moment, thought she would never breed again.

Calisto is the leader of a group of vampires that support the idea that all vampires are born from the ancient mythical gods of old. Thus there could be several first generation or second etc.
As far as Calisto is concerned, if she knows about our Vision Girl, she has not eluded to her yet, and Ptolemy and LikesBlondes both told me that as far removed the princep and his other 3-400 year old elders are from a 4-5000 year old vampire, and vision girl is mythically older than that, say Sumer, or Egypt or Davidians. At this point we are looking at a 6-as far back as 10k years ago potentially, with the understanding that they could always be on the younger edge of these eras of history. Calisto could have come from as late as 5-600 years BCE which still makes her nearly 3000 years old. The point is that Vision Girl is as much a jump in age and power to Calisto as Calisto is to the relatively young group of vampires running the city.

Fabian is related in a vampiric way to Calisto and the MC, perhaps by concurrent bloodlines which are staunch allies or even a common further back ancestor. Fabian is not Calisto's childe or he would have referred to the MC as his brother, at least that is the current thinking. So Fabian is almost certainly a Methuselah, probably dating back to the Crusades, or the Norman Invasion, or it could be earlier than that. He practices Tremere or Giovanni like magic, which thus far our MC has not demonstrated.

Virgil........ Virgil is almost certainly something from Game of Thrones, and works behind the scene to make things happen the way he wants. That way the target is not on his back. I also strongly suspect that he is the Him that the Vision Girl refers to while musing away in a red haze. I furthermore think that he is a shape shifted and mentally shielded ultra powerful vampire, which is Calisto's bad first childe. I think he is here in the city for round two with Calisto, and the Vision Girl manipulated Kassandra/Malia to have the MC placed in front of Calisto at the right time to have him embraced. I know we are not going to become an over powered monster, capable of killing everyone in sight, but we are probably created to give Calisto an edge. The Vision Girl knows about Virgil and is acting against him with the pushes she exerts for the MC.

Virgil, Fabian, (possibly Cindy and Kassandra), and Calisto and the MC are on an entirely different power level than the rest of the city. I think we will have our time to face off against some powerful vamps of the city, but they are powerful in a different game, a different level. I do not think that many in the city will be able to stand up to you if you are maxing out your abilities.

A common misperception is that vampires only have disciplines from within their clan. They can actually learn other disciplines within the source game VtM as well as here. So your comment about crossing boundaries of clan disciplines is understandable, but is really not an issue. The MC almost certainly has Celerity, Auspex, Potence if you are working on Prowess, Claws which are more than wolf claws, more like bear claws (greek mythic stuff) Whispers, Presence as he was able to get the busty red head to look his way without eye contact, obfuscation, and probably eventually domination, as Calisto used it to get him to follow her. That is quite an array of powers for a new vampire, but if he is her first childe in 2-3000 years and she is 4th generation making him 5th generation, it is pretty doable both in the rules of VtM and apparently in Rebirth.

I hope this helps out. As usual I got more long winded than intended, but at least c3p0 will not yell at me for not breaking it up into paragraphs!
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I am not even sure she will... So far the only two we can probably agree are love interest are Sharon and Laurie. Even Carmen is not that clear, although the chance to treat her nice suggest she might be.

Callisto and Artemis are open to discussion, but it would be awesome if they are... all others are a no no in my opinion for sure.
Dear friends,
i want to remind you that "this" is a vampire story in the proper style and mood of VtM. That means no sparkly love affairs. No happily ever after. At best, you make the right choice, survive, and spare most of the harm from those you semi care about. The longer you are a vampire, the more extraordinary the potential love interest (MC) must be to those elder vamps.

I am betting we will have to make the following choices

Laurie or Sharon
Sharon or Carmen
Sharon or Calisto
and Sharon or Calisto vs Inanna/Artemis.
Kassandra could get tossed in there because she is hot as fuck.....(I did forget what could possibly be my favorite...... Zephir!)

Astrid will be extinguished in chapter 3 almost guaranteed. Sharon does not seem to have any interest in making use of the knowledge/power she has other than to bring Astrid down.

Ultimately I think we are going to have to make some gut wrenching choices, and while everyone will be thinking team Laurie or team Sharon, what would a vampire with an eternity in front of him be thinking, when it comes to not only survival, but how well you survive????
Peace

Last edited:

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Dear friends,
i want to remind you that "this" is a vampire story in the proper style and mood of VtM. That means no sparkly love affairs. No happily ever after. At best, you make the right choice, survive, and spare most of the harm from those you semi care about. The longer you are a vampire, the more extraordinary the potential love interest (MC) must be to those elder vamps.

I am betting we will have to make the following choices

Laurie or Sharon
Sharon or Carmen
Sharon or Calisto
and Sharon or Calisto vs Inanna/Artemis.
Kassandra could get tossed in there because she is hot as fuck.....

Astrid will be extinguished in chapter 3 almost guaranteed. Sharon does not seem to have any interest in making use of the knowledge/power she has other than to bring Astrid down.

Ultimately I think we are going to have to make some gut wrenching choices, and while everyone will be thinking team Laurie or team Sharon, what would a vampire with an eternity in front of him be thinking, when it comes to not only survival, but how well you survive????
Peace
I think you are forgetting about Malia, she is setting up shop in our semi-shared-territory..
Also not sure about getting rite of Astrid that fast, she might play a bigger role in hurdles to overcome..

Otherwise I enjoy reading your thoughts about everything, I still just wish there were more hints/dialogues about certain aspects of this story in the game itself it seems there is a lot of speculation here in the thread that definitely holds some merit but not much is conveyed in the game itself.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think you are forgetting about Malia, she is setting up shop in our semi-shared-territory..
Also not sure about getting rite of Astrid that fast, she might play a bigger role in hurdles to overcome..

Otherwise I enjoy reading your thoughts about everything, I still just wish there were more hints/dialogues about certain aspects of this story in the game itself it seems there is a lot of speculation here in the thread that definitely holds some merit but not much is conveyed in the game itself.
Hi!
I didn't forget her, she is Kassandra/Malia the club owning girl. She tells the MC to tell Sharon that Kassandra says Hi.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi!
I didn't forget her, she is Kassandra/Malia the club owning girl. She tells the MC to tell Sharon that Kassandra says Hi.
Well to be honest the guardian or whatever he or she might be that the devs introduced in last update may well have been the him Vision Girl was talking about, he seems mean and fearsome enough for our poor little MC. :p

Hope you get soon well, have had a pneumonia a few years ago with 40C fever plus hospital and took a while to fully recover from it, so take it easy for a bit.

Reactions: Arigon

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
got a traceback trying to generate a save at teh end of Episode 2 (had started a new run)
I cant save my game at the end; this error always apears:

I have avoided Miri

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
open console and type mirisex1 = True (if you want that) and also must type soulstainmiri = True, and then try to save.
yw, but if you dont want sex just type = False in the end on both.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Where are the modders when you need them?
Unofficial Android Port for Rebirth Compressed :

Download Episode 1

Download Ep2Up8

YOU NEED TO COMPLETE EPISODE 1 USING MY PORT IN ORDER TO PLAY EPISODE 2. IT WON'T START OTHERWISE.
ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports now have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Discord:
I think there's an update 9 in ep2? It seems to be missing.

Dec 28, 2019
Who's patreon site?
Likesblondes.

Where are the modders when you need them?

I think there's an update 9 in ep2? It seems to be missing.
Update 9 is ep2v1.0.

Unofficial Android Port for Rebirth Compressed :

Download Episode 1

Download Ep2Up8

Update 8 wasn't the last Ep2 update. Kill Shot posted the link to the port for RebirthEp2v1.0 (aka Update 9) on your discord back on March 26th. It didn't get posted here.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The powers points button is gone?
Yes, seems it is no longer displayed in EP3. Since I use the small info screen from the audio/cheat mod anyway, I didn't miss that button at all. So if you still want that infos I recommend that mod for you, too.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes