4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I see. I definitely didn't refuse any powers. I'll just wait until they've completed the game, make a single donation on Patreon and play through it.
Chapters 1-4 are PUBLIC FREE versions. They've always been. Once a chapter is complete it goes public.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Hi

Things are going well. We're deep in the cave :p
I don't know what to say, really. Things look good for next weekend.
I'll see you then, I guess.

Best regards
Likesblondes
You know what, I'm gonna replay the whole game from the very beginning of chapter 1, while waiting for the update.

Just because :D

Reactions: evileeyore

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Ok, restarted... and

screenshot0001.png

Five years after, 5 chapters after, and I haven't realised yet who this girl is. Am I dumb? :unsure:

Is she the First vampire? is she the one who "created" Calisto? is she the elder in the cave?

ideas?

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
Also if the MC has secret whispers, he can have someone else do (and win) the fight for him. So there is another no-game-over option for the fight. But yeah, stealth won't cut it.
Not sure if that is something new or not. It has been a while since I did my playthrough and replay, I had whispers and invisibility. Yet it was still game over in chap 4. When I searched around on this forum the only other option anyone had mentioned was the dagger to prevent the game over. Maybe my stats weren't high enough for that option or maybe it was a change. The walkthrough I found showed pretty much all the choices and what boosts you get. It only showed the required minimum stats to get abilities the first time they were available. Honestly I wouldn't call it a walkthrough as much as just a list of the choices and the stats they boost.

On a different note about abilities, there was one I never managed to get "ride the senses". Not sure how to get that one, I know where it comes in but didn't manage to get it. After chapter 1 I think there is only one choice to pick between stats which is either stealth or prowess the rest are static boosts. My replay was a balanced choice of stats to get all 3 abilities when first available and all were the top boosts. The last choice I went with stealth over prowess since it was the last chance to raise stealth as a choice and prowess was all the remaining static boosts. Maybe when it's all finished I'll make pick up from a save before that choice and pick prowess to see if it unlocks ride the senses for me. Unless there are more hidden stat boost/check scenes that weren't in the walkthrough I used, that can be the only choice to unlock ride the senses.

Now don't get me wrong it is still a very good game/avn or I wouldn't have replayed it. I just think that the random factor and hidden stat boost scenes were poorly thought out and implemented. Anytime random is used you have to think about the worst case scenario and also plan for that.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023
Ok, restarted... and

View attachment 3347185

Five years after, 5 chapters after, and I haven't realised yet who this girl is. Am I dumb? :unsure:

Is she the First vampire? is she the one who "created" Calisto? is she the elder in the cave?

ideas?
Ok, restarted... and

View attachment 3347185

ideas?
The VN is loosely based on these Two goddesses Erishkigal and Artemus. sorry if I butcher up these names.

Erishkigal was the goddess of the underworld and sister to Artemus who was herself known as the Goddess of the hunt.

Erishkigal killed and imprisoned Artimus in the underworld.

Artimus had a High priestess who's name is Callisto according to myth.

Callisto who once served Artimus now only serves herself as Artimus has been missing for Eons.

If you are familiar with this mythical story then Callisto had a son who turned and tried to destroy her... His name was Virgil.

You can see Vision girl as we have come to call Artimus linked to you through the blood of Callisto.

Artimus created Callisto to serve her needs and to preserve the Temple.

Reactions: aweriel
Sep 26, 2023
Not sure if that is something new or not. It has been a while since I did my playthrough and replay, I had whispers and invisibility. Yet it was still game over in chap 4. When I searched around on this forum the only other option anyone had mentioned was the dagger to prevent the game over. Maybe my stats weren't high enough for that option or maybe it was a change. The walkthrough I found showed pretty much all the choices and what boosts you get. It only showed the required minimum stats to get abilities the first time they were available. Honestly I wouldn't call it a walkthrough as much as just a list of the choices and the stats they boost.

On a different note about abilities, there was one I never managed to get "ride the senses". Not sure how to get that one, I know where it comes in but didn't manage to get it. After chapter 1 I think there is only one choice to pick between stats which is either stealth or prowess the rest are static boosts. My replay was a balanced choice of stats to get all 3 abilities when first available and all were the top boosts. The last choice I went with stealth over prowess since it was the last chance to raise stealth as a choice and prowess was all the remaining static boosts. Maybe when it's all finished I'll make pick up from a save before that choice and pick prowess to see if it unlocks ride the senses for me. Unless there are more hidden stat boost/check scenes that weren't in the walkthrough I used, that can be the only choice to unlock ride the senses.

Now don't get me wrong it is still a very good game/avn or I wouldn't have replayed it. I just think that the random factor and hidden stat boost scenes were poorly thought out and implemented. Anytime random is used you have to think about the worst case scenario and also plan for that.
When Miri started to question your authority while Sharon was doing her mind fuck on Officer Davis you should push your thoughts into Miri's head.

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
When Miri started to question your authority while Sharon was doing her mind fuck on Officer Davis you should push your thoughts into Miri's head.
That is when whispers becomes available for the first time I believe. Ride the senses comes much later after the failed cave exploration when you go back under the city to visit the new Nos Boss if I'm not mistaken. Again I haven't "developed" that ability it wasn't available to me at that point. I can't honestly tell you the requirements for unlocking any of the abilities other than the basic 3 when first made available (10 points in whichever stat is required for the ability). The only thing I can change stat wise is -5 points stealth for +5 prowess after getting all 3 basics unlocked. Not sure if that is what is required or not. Maybe when it's finished I will go back and change that choice in another replay and see if it unlocks for me, but seeing as how so far the abilities only offer more information or bonus scenes not sure if it really will be worth the trouble yet.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Well if you keep Astrid you need to understand that she will ultimately escape. Taking with her Gregor as well as Mrs. Olivia, Carmen will be on her trail cause she will be after Gregor never to see them again. Bad day all around cuz you pleased Sharon, Mr. PW. Or you could give her to Callisto be rewarded, keep Carmen and at your convenience after eating Marcius you visit mommy and you both end the day with an aperitif. All the while Cindy is so Pissed she can't see straight.
So... no reason (so far*) not to make a different choice when I replay from a chapter or so back. Good to know...

* At this point I'm kinda firmly suspecting that giving in to the Blood Dream Chick will be a bad ending... but we'll see.

These episode transfer bugs have been fixed by the devs, and are freely available .

This is a recurring issue in this thread. It's a mystery why f95 refuse to update the episode 1-4 download links to the fixed versions on Patreon. They have been reported in the past but rejected.
I just dl'ed them from here ("just" as in two weeks ago) and replayed the game as I'd missed the Whispers power completely on my first playthrough (likely bad luck on every Presence attempt as my 1st playthrough never got any plusses to that stat - I actually thought it was a "hard locked out" due to initial choices).

This playthrough Charisma and Prowess are 41 and Stealth only hit 29. I didn't get "Ride the Senses" so I'm geussing it's a Stealth power? I might have to go back a chapter or so if I can figure out where* I missed a Stealth upgrade (if that was it and not something else greying out the choice).

* I know where I missed one, it's a Prowess or Stealth choice.

I did see someone mentioned a choice that gives a dagger from "mommy" to be able to win the fight, however I think that should be implemented as a "failsafe" if you don't have claws and not be a choice based thing.
It's a choice and one you may or may not want to make. I understand leaving it a choice, but then I'd argue the dev needs to make sure all paths lead to victory in Chapter 4 somehow. Or at least not to death.

Like a better game would allow you to lose, have a mudhole stomped into your ass, the person you're championing killed as a consequence, and you unceremoniously tossed out as "a lesson to not challenge me again" (and of course Sharon losing faith/getting upset you went rogue and made things worse)

Also a Stealth victory should be possible.

Also if the MC has secret whispers, he can have someone else do (and win) the fight for him. So there is another no-game-over option for the fight. But yeah, stealth won't cut it.
I had Secret Whispers, but also had Claws and Prowess through the roof so maybe it doesn't give the opportunity in that case?

I had some suspiscions, but as has been revealed in thread, I was so very wrong.

I did suspect it was Callisto's mommy though. And that Cave Troll was an enemy of Bloody Dream Chick.

That is when whispers becomes available for the first time I believe.
You have to have Charisma greater than 10 though. So if you have the luck I had on my first playthrough, you will not get the opportunity here.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I had Secret Whispers, but also had Claws and Prowess through the roof so maybe it doesn't give the opportunity in that case?
I'm not sure of all of the specifics. I just know that I had both Claws and Secret Whispers available for the fight, and both let the MC win it. It's very possible it only works if certain other stats are with specific ranges, or if there's some other variable set earlier. I'm definitely not an expert on this game, so I can't really say for sure.

Reactions: evileeyore

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The VN is loosely based on these Two goddesses Erishkigal and Artemus. sorry if I butcher up these names.

Erishkigal was the goddess of the underworld and sister to Artemus who was herself known as the Goddess of the hunt.

Erishkigal killed and imprisoned Artimus in the underworld.

Artimus had a High priestess who's name is Callisto according to myth.

Callisto who once served Artimus now only serves herself as Artimus has been missing for Eons.

If you are familiar with this mythical story then Callisto had a son who turned and tried to destroy her... His name was Virgil.

You can see Vision girl as we have come to call Artimus linked to you through the blood of Callisto.

Artimus created Callisto to serve her needs and to preserve the Temple.
Well, the myths I'm familiar with are greek and latin myths, of course. No idea why you guys thought about that obscure sumerian stuff.

The goddesses are Persephone/Proserpina and Artemis/Diana. Callisto was a nymph (or king Lycaon's daughter) and Artemis' follower. Callisto's son is Arcas.

Virgil is the latin poet who wrote the Aeneid, of course. And NO, he never was quaestor.

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Well, the myths I'm familiar with are greek and latin myths, of course. No idea why you guys thought about that obscure sumerian stuff.

The goddesses are Persephone/Proserpina and Artemis/Diana. Callisto was a nymph (or king Lycaon's daughter) and Artemis' follower. Callisto's son is Arcas.

Virgil is the latin poet who wrote the Aeneid, of course. And NO, he never was quaestor.
The lore Verbalvonitcomet is talking about is based on Vampire: The Masquerade (VtM) from which this game draws inspiration.

I believe there was dev confirmation that dream girl & cave girl are ancient vampires, and Frode briefly discusses such legendary beings, but no names are used iirc.

There's been a lot of speculation about how Rebirth characters relate to VtM lore, but nothing truly concrete. Searching the thread for posts by Arigon will dredge up a lot of the VtM theory crafting.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The lore Verbalvonitcomet is talking about is based on Vampire: The Masquerade (VtM) from which this game draws inspiration.

I believe there was dev confirmation that dream girl & cave girl are ancient vampires, and Frode briefly discusses such legendary beings, but no names are used iirc.

There's been a lot of speculation about how Rebirth characters relate to VtM lore, but nothing truly concrete. Searching the thread for posts by Arigon will dredge up a lot of the VtM theory crafting.
Yeah and Arigon later also became a proofreader for Devs, I have not seen him around here for a long while. Hope he is doing well.

According to him devs (Ptolemy) did let him know some of his theories were correct if not fully in personal chats. The name Inanna was affirmed according to Arigon and mentioned in game as well, also that Callisto was not directly related to dream girl which differed from what Arigon expected. Erishkigal is the sister of Inanna in Sumerian myth and Inanna has had a major influence on the Egyptian goddess Isis, who ofc again is also seen back as different goddesses or parts of them in Greek /Roman myths.

Still if I remember right even if they have the name of those goddesses as with the lending of VtM lore devs did, they lent from mythology but used it and changed it where they wanted. So they are not those goddesses as we know them from myth per se or have same past in full. Within game lore it is likely more that those two vampires and also Callisto in her own right were the inspiration for those myths, the myths are not not per se their (hi)story.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared and c3p0

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yeah and Arigon later also became a proofreader for Devs, I have not seen him around here for a long while. Hope he is doing well.

According to him devs (Ptolemy) did let him know some of his theories were correct if not fully in personal chats. The name Inanna was affirmed according to Arigon and mentioned in game as well, also that Callisto was not directly related to dream girl which differed from what Arigon expected. Erishkigal is the sister of Inanna in Sumerian myth and Inanna has had a major influence on the Egyptian goddess Isis, who ofc again is also seen back as different goddesses or parts of them in Greek /Roman myths.

Still if I remember right even if they have the name of those goddesses as with the lending of VtM lore devs did, they lent from mythology but used it and changed it where they wanted. So they are not those goddesses as we know them from myth per se or have same past in full. Within game lore it is likely more that those two vampires and also Callisto in her own right were the inspiration for those myths, the myths are not not per se their (hi)story.
Quotin' BaDIK, it's not history but herstory :sneaky::sneaky:.

Well, these guys who fancy that old discredited theory which claims that "everything" comes from old mesopotamians cultures never cease to make me loudly laugh.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Quotin' BaDIK, it's not history but herstory :sneaky::sneaky:.

Well, these guys who fancy that old discredited theory which claims that "everything" comes from old mesopotamians cultures never cease to make me loudly laugh.
Yeah, def not everything, but later cultures did loan quite a bit from their predecessors, while giving it their own twists in line with their own culture. Less is new as we often think when come to history and considering limited travel available, ideas still travelled quite far though over centuries and millennia.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yeah, def not everything, but later cultures did loan quite a bit from their predecessors, while giving it their own twists in line with their own culture. Less is new as we often think when come to history and considering limited travel available, ideas still travelled quite far though over centuries and millennia.
As a guy who got a Master in History, made a few archive researches reading and collecting historical documents, and read thousands and thousands of scholarly books and academic journals, I'll tell you that amateurs should stop believing that weird theories are facts.

FACTS are facts, and speculations are speculations. As a historian, I always stick with facts ( = documents) and I think that most anthropological theories like the trans-cultural diffusion theory are just a busload of really questionable ideological theories.

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'm not sure of all of the specifics. I just know that I had both Claws and Secret Whispers available for the fight, and both let the MC win it. It's very possible it only works if certain other stats are with specific ranges, or if there's some other variable set earlier. I'm definitely not an expert on this game, so I can't really say for sure.
No, not 'Secret Whispers', but 'Ride the Senses' if you want the nos fight Marcius.
And for the fight i think you also need 'Vicious Power', 'Claws' alone are not enough iirc.

This playthrough Charisma and Prowess are 41 and Stealth only hit 29. I didn't get "Ride the Senses" so I'm geussing it's a Stealth power? I might have to go back a chapter or so if I can figure out where* I missed a Stealth upgrade (if that was it and not something else greying out the choice).
I just checked an old save and the problem i had was, that i was not able to get 'Ride the Senses' at all, no matter the points...i get the dialogue that he feels the power but no choice/icon to get it...loaded a save shortly after getting the power and scowled back to get this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ep4part6.rpy", line 880, in script
menu:
Exception: Required parameter ephemVis has no value.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
No, not 'Secret Whispers', but 'Ride the Senses' if you want the nos fight Marcius.
And for the fight i think you also need 'Vicious Power', 'Claws' alone are not enough iirc.
Fine, whatever-the-hell the power is called. You use each power like twice, so I never remember the names.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes