4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Out with the old archon .. in with the new .. MC is an asset to strengthen liaisons with the old lords ...
Everything is looking up 4 your babes.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Calling a foul for the Mods or anyone who can look in and tap us hard on talking about source material....

Merrick, when leading our MC down to teach him the first time on stealth, actually refers to humans as "Kine"
Which is a direct carry over from WW VtM. just saying!

So I have tried a number of paths through to see what I could see as far as powers and or character hints to attempt to tie the clans down somewhat, and for the second time out of...I think 6 playthroughs, I was able to unlock all three powers, not counting the powers the MC has that we do not really have to push a button on:
Celerity, and Auspex- with some super pumped psychometry and or other high high level visionary power.

The first time I unlocked all 3 I went the Prowess route first.
Last night I did it on the Charisma route, which was much more tricky.

I have been able to get two powers on all the other play throughs with no trouble. I have not been able to get all three with starting on the Stealth route yet. I shall continue to try.

I am definitely trying to figure out the Ancient vampire vision, and what would connect the MC to crazy Nos Frank. Clearly not Clan related. Calisto is clearly not a Nos. Having a crazy time resolving the connection between a Nos and whatever the heirea or however it is spelled is.(Calisto) Also, with the comment Cindy makes to the main character as she shoves him out the door, about not speaking of her as dismissive, especially by one such as you- to the MC, she clearly doesn't understand that Calisto is his Vamp Mommy.

Fabian calling our MC cousin, and the vision of kneeling before her back in the Dark Ages.... raises a lot of hair on the back of my neck......
1- Templars being thaumaturgical wizard vampires has a clear parallel with VtM Tremere.
2- Tremere created themselves from Tzcimise (and some Gangrel and Nos lab rats.) Then established their own 3rd gen leader by snarfing down the Salubri Antediluvian (seemingly-will not go on fun speculation of that or the white worm thing or any of those other cool tie ins)

So it is conceivable that Fabian could be referring to the MC as cousin as in he is from a precursor clan, that the wizard vampires used to gain their powers.... OR they could be the same Clan and both linked by blood to Calisto. Though I would think he would call him brother if they were both sired by Calisto.... This is a puzzle fragment that I come back to frequently...
It is clear that the MC is developing his powers more quickly than vampires are used to. This could be explained easily if his sire Calisto, is very low generation, and loaded with powers. This also supports the statement Fabian makes about not advertising who Mommy is or some Elders might try to snarfle the MC down.
Clearly Likesblondes likes WW. :D
ah well... Happy Friday.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
So it is conceivable that Fabian could be referring to the MC as cousin as in he is from a precursor clan, that the wizard vampires used to gain their powers.... OR they could be the same Clan and both linked by blood to Calisto. Though I would think he would call him brother if they were both sired by Calisto.... This is a puzzle fragment that I come back to frequently...
It is clear that the MC is developing his powers more quickly than vampires are used to. This could be explained easily if his sire Calisto, is very low generation, and loaded with powers. This also supports the statement Fabian makes about not advertising who Mommy is or some Elders might try to snarfle the MC down.
Clearly Likesblondes likes WW. :D
or... Callisto had a brother/sister that sired Fabian but Callisto had to kill the sibling, and when Fabian was kneeling, he did it after his sire was killed. that would make Fabian and MC cousins

Reactions: Ayhsel and Arigon

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just binged all the content in under two days. I was definitely enthralled by the story.

In some ways, Sharon is this story of The Kents, raising the MC to encourage the keeping of his humanity. Small town or know, a faction of vampires holding on to their humanity will upset the status quo.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Just binged all the content in under two days. I was definitely enthralled by the story.

In some ways, Sharon is this story of The Kents, raising the MC to encourage the keeping of his humanity. Small town or know, a faction of vampires holding on to their humanity will upset the status quo.
Just when I thought posts couldn't get more nerdier in views and pop culture. :p

I freaking love it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon59 and Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
So, let’s talk about an interesting turn of events...
Calisto has enough pull to have the Princeps name Sharon as a new Archon, Albeit over a burg hardly large enough to warrant discussion. Yet Marcius had no idea who she might be when Sharon mentioned her as the sire of the MC.
This is curious for a number of reasons, but the reason why she acted is the most easily discerned.
She didn’t act to help Sharon, but to give her childe space and time to develop more. Stating that Sharon could be of further use and not to kill her was not doing Sharon favors, rather that she could be of use to her fledging. How? Not as a teacher. His blood is developing at a pace that makes him far more capable and dangerous than Sharon is at this point.

It is to shield the MC from political maneuvering and keep him off the radar for a time. We know from Fabian that the MC would be a prized snack for enterprising Elders. We also know that Calisto is a prime alpha in whatever circles she is active in.

Sabbat? Icconu? Something else? Hard to say. Certainly a good question. Thoughts?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Let us get this rolling.
Mc has his hazing in a buffet 4 all setting, he was not the only one.
Alphas tend to snack all day, remember Akasha.
Also .. elders tend to keep eyes and ears on their children but not descend,
a healthy population wihthout the ominous deux trolling over their heads is preferred.

This city is big enough 4 many factions to meet and snack in, various minions to
vent and fight too, therefore a hub for the families is a prized hideout they keep safe.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Marcius is a petty small time tyrant with a hard on for Sharon and who is barely tolerated by the other clan representatives. It is no wonder he doesn't know Calisto, a vampire who is at least around 600 years old and have a much bigger sphere of influence than him.

Calisto may not have acted for the benefit of Sharon but she also didn't do it to help her progeny, Dan. She pretty much says she is doing it because she is bored and he was able to entertain her by somehow not being sucked dry by another vampire. And the instant he stops being amusing Calisto will have no qualms about letting Dan die.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Marcius is a petty small time tyrant with a hard on for Sharon and who is barely tolerated by the other clan representatives. It is no wonder he doesn't know Calisto, a vampire who is at least around 600 years old and have a much bigger sphere of influence than him.

Calisto may not have acted for the benefit of Sharon but she also didn't do it to help her progeny, Dan. She pretty much says she is doing it because she is bored and he was able to entertain her by somehow not being sucked dry by another vampire. And the instant he stops being amusing Calisto will have no qualms about letting Dan die.
Well remember not all someone says is the truth, C cares enough to have a talk with MC even if it is just cause he amuses her like she said. Someone as old and powerful as C seems to be does not get that way without nor being careful and having learned to hide what you care about. Also if MC's blood is as powerful as we think, she might not want an elder vampire that could challenge her to snack on him. So wisest thing for her might well be to kill him herself or have someone feed on him she could fully trust. :p

Still she did not do that, YET. :devilish:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Some delightful thoughts. Calisto has an Elysium where vampires can come and meet where violence is not tolerated, and blood dolls are provided. She has followers that assist in that operation, and when the MC comes to it for the first time to DJ some mellow music, neither of the vampires having their arguments were prominent members of Marcius’ court.
Cindy is acting in the role of host for the two vampires to have their discussions. Yet later she doesn’t seem to recognize that the MC is the childe of her Mistress. If she did, she certainly would have been more respectful when leading him out from his encounter.

The MC is for Calisto’s amusement but she exhibits pride in his survival as well. Just tossing him out there into the wilderness to see if he lives seems to be cruel, but also would be a validation of her sense of superiority if her progeny thrives without her direct interference.

There are factions within the city, beyond just the various Archons. Marcius not knowing who she is instantly when described as a red haired vampire is curious as he has a red head in his own court, and that thought was not entertained at all.

This is all pointing to a multilayered governance of the city or region, that is definitely proving interesting. The writing thus far is excellent and pulls the imagination in a lot of directions.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020

Well remember not all someone says is the truth, C cares enough to have a talk with MC even if it is just cause he amuses her like she said. Someone as old and powerful as C seems to be does not get that way without nor being careful and having learned to hide what you care about. Also if MC's blood is as powerful as we think, she might not want an elder vampire that could challenge her to snack on him. So wisest thing for her might well be to kill him herself or have someone feed on him she could fully trust. :p

Callisto made her plans clear when she said to prepare some blood dolls for the next meeting. meaning she wants her childe to get a hard-on next time.

Cindy is acting in the role of host for the two vampires to have their discussions. Yet later she doesn’t seem to recognize that the MC is the childe of her Mistress. If she did, she certainly would have been more respectful when leading him out from his encounter.
perhaps Cindy wasn't present when the embrace happened, after the fact Liam was the one to see the MC off.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Anyone smaller than the killer in charge will look to other killers taking a shining as competition.
MC is the new shiny toy, like any spawn he has to prove wicked in the wild (pretty dangerous at Sharon”s side)
before any midicum of acknowledgement is shown.

Caly can sense any and all MC”s toughts and she knows he is actively seeking a hard on.
Being amuzed, she said to herself .. why not, that was how they met after all ... a strong feel for life.

Caly needs strong blood herself .. not just giving and snacking on low resources.
Being a tempting snack for other elders herself ... actively looking to better her stock is mandatory.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Not quoting specifically anything above, but definitely interesting insights.
Calisto- Blood dolls would be for her most likely. She was telling the MC to be a good host. I know, deep down, many of us want this story to have lots of sex with the MC getting a hard on and doing the ladies up... However, as stated by the MC himself when he is boffing the lady cop, it doesn't compare to the feeling he gets when he is drinking blood. Likewise Sharon has told the MC that it is nothing that she has interest in. Now of course the thralls of the MC (I see Carmen becoming one, if not also the lady cop ((Mirri? Mirrin? however her name is spelled))) They will still love sex, but not as much as getting his vitae into their systems.
Sharon has already shown the MC what true vampire "love making" is when she shares her blood with him, and kisses and holds him. Sex is not the thing. Sharing the blood is the thing. Raptus Puellae Sex is just not a thing at all for most vampires. The MC is too young and still thinking more human than vampire, so of course he wants a boner. Calisto doesn't strike me as young whatsoever, and sex for her would be a major let down compared to sharing blood. The MC must be very careful with her as he is one step towards thralldom as he drank her blood to become a vampire. So while she wants the blood dolls to drink, she is probably hinting more at bringing him one step close to thralldom more than anything else.

Back to Calisto- She was bored, and Fabian made the exclamation that he thought she would never breed again. The MC is a diversion for sure for her, but as he survives more, he will become more than that to her. Mystery dark haired super Ancient is already regarding him as more also. I have no doubt that there will be some very bad times coming to visit Marcius in the not too distant future as the MC comes into his own. Calisto may also have opened up Pandora's box as someone more ancient than her has taken an interest in her childe.

Canto Forte -you raise an interesting point. We have not had any indication that any of the vampires are so ancient that they require vampire blood to feed instead of humans. That is of course the entire theme of Gehenna in the reference that shall not be named. It will be interesting if this pans out, however, since Calisto has few of her own progeny if Fabian is to be believed, this may not work exactly along those lines.

For sects- we have one that mimics the Camarilla, with names changed to protect the copyright. We may have another as Calisto holds some church like position, which could be the Sabbat. Now the Sabbat are very much the folks who would sire a childe for the hell of it, give no shit whatsoever, until that childe had proven themselves. That does make the behavior Calisto is showing, make some sense.

I am greatly looking forward to a new update as the troupe moves forward to Sharon's investiture and then claiming her demesne. I am curious, since the feral Nos was not what smacked Sharon around so much that she almost died from a very brief encounter, as to what exactly is running around out there in the woods. Garou/Werewolves can in fact take down a vampire elder by themselves if they are able to surprise said elder. Also in a straight up fight they are superior to all but the most physically powered vampires. If that is what is running around out in the woods, we have more fun on our horizon than the MC is ready to meet :D
Peace

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is very nice - to see horisons of gaming opening up for this here story.
We all have seen at least some if not a good sum of movies in the blood phenomena.

Blood is the spice that flows in the human spectrum, vamps are getting their prowess by acknowledging that.

Becoming so powerful that humans or 400-600 YO younglings become twigs is a real problem for elders.

They become so hard to understand, also the good infatuation of goods and places the world over
help keep those younger ones occupied with something else than boredom for being apex 4 too long.

I would argue there are enough humans so smart / beautifull to keep any immortal interested for eons.

Alas, they would have to be constantly learning, bumping their Iq, going 4 generations into huge companies,
all of which do exist.

The problem with such philandering prowess is the problemn higlander had in his movies/series/cartoons:
others of their peers just like to kill/destroy/outrage/corrupt/violate/hurt their flock or hunt their peers down
to become the only one - the one with jet li is another movie posing that threat of a problem

So, unfortunately, old ones have to be worring psychos just to stand tall for their flock and resist their peers,
this keeping them from actually enjoying their apex persona.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

It wouldn't make sense for her to kill MC or have him killed. She wants entertainment and that's only gonna happen if he's well off and prospering going about his way.

Reactions: Arigon

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I may be stating the obvious, but I don't really buy into what she's saying. I think she has a very specific agenda. We just don't know what it is yet.
She's very old and has most likely experienced it all, the only thing she seems to craves is entertainment that only her new offspring will provide. Killing him will provide the opposite for her.

Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
MC was without any doubt a spontaneous thought. Whether he will or not become useful for her beyond providing some entertaining will depend on MC behavior and development.

Good thing about the novel is that with so many potential threats, you can have a very long and interesting story spanning quite a journey, provided MC does not become too powerful too soon.

Besides our red dream beauty which is always such a nice thing to see every single time, I want more chaos and conflict between the characters. Calisto seem interested into making MC realize he needs to step up his game and see Sharon as just another pawn in his game. And Sharon is starting to find some jealousy from MC, in the sense he is developing way faster than her and now her big "prize" was just because his disciple got a present from his mommy. Sharon going against MC for a part of the story would be amazing, even better if some of the other girls (Laurie, bring out the kitty claws now, girl!!) take opportunity to further amplify some not so happy thoughts of our lucky (not) couple.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes