4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
normally 1-2 sexscenes per update would be nice but in this case mc would need quite a few "blood donors" for that.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah. He needed to drink twice from the prisioner (forgot her name :LOL: ) to hold a erection for a few days.
Still between the prisioner, the cop and likely others that Dan and Sharon will need to control in "their city" they should have enough to give themselves some sexual excitement. :LOL:

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ayhsel c3p0
I apologize if this crossed the line. Clearly the source of inspiration. I do get that the Dev probably would be worried about possible legal action if the inspiration crossed into copyright issues.

I will cut and paste my big post to lore and Ayhsel I will talk about your post in that suggested forum.

It is a shame though. I'm a former legit rocket scientist so I'm very into Heavy Five, but my hobby has been RPGs since 1977. Discussing game theory is a favorite pass time of mine. On other threads I have been highly critical of whatever dev, but here I have a raging mental Boner of approval, just as I do for H5.

On my phone typing this. Will do my posting when I get to my pc.
Thanks and sorry again if I crossed a line.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Yeah. He needed to drink twice from the prisioner (forgot her name :LOL: ) to hold a erection for a few days.
Still between the prisioner, the cop and likely others that Dan and Sharon will need to control in "their city" they should have enough to give themselves some sexual excitement. :LOL:
Yeah he drank once from Carmen, once from Laurie to get a boner.
He (MC) will probably have sex a time or 3, (once so far) but he hasn't been a vampire long enough for the mindset of a walking penis to fade. But it will eventually. These vampires can have sex, with some dedicated effort, but they aren't like Blade type vampires that are biologically transferred to kids. Also not Asian style Dhampyrs.
So while they can have sex, it is not as fulfilling, nor does it feel as good as sharing blood.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Nothing to be sorry about. I can also be completely wrong about this, like usuall.:LOL:
And I didn't know that about VTM:B2. For me it was something that would come up regardless.

For Calisto she is the oldest or second oldest vampire around. Yet isn't it rude to ask a lady about her age? So we wouldn't know if Calisto or sleeping beauty is older.

Spfjolietjake: I don't think so. I'do believe that Marcus or the unkown enemy in the woods have something to do with Merricks absence. Either his own curiosity, bad luck or a separate mission direct from Marcus.
I don't think that the Nos are our enemies (at least now). Yet I also don't think that they are our loyal allies. We have shared goals , sure some common history (or Sharon has) and are well-diposed to each other. Regardless I'm quiet certain that they have their own agenda and doesn't share all their knowledge with us. It is the same with all other characters in this game.
Yes I think Calisto is probably the second oldest vampire we have been introduced to so far, with the mystery vision girl being the oldest. Based on what we have seen.

Each of those two could be close to the clan founder (whatever their clans might be) and if their lineage is connected that is scary for our MC.

I also don't think the Nos are our enemies yet. I think Merrick found the former Nos haven and is possibly hiding from the thing in the woods at that location.

Reactions: c3p0

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ayhsel c3p0
I apologize if this crossed the line. Clearly the source of inspiration. I do get that the Dev probably would be worried about possible legal action if the inspiration crossed into copyright issues.

I will cut and paste my big post to lore and Ayhsel I will talk about your post in that suggested forum.

It is a shame though. I'm a former legit rocket scientist so I'm very into Heavy Five, but my hobby has been RPGs since 1977. Discussing game theory is a favorite pass time of mine. On other threads I have been highly critical of whatever dev, but here I have a raging mental Boner of approval, just as I do for H5.

On my phone typing this. Will do my posting when I get to my pc.
Thanks and sorry again if I crossed a line.
He's already crossed the line using the 'Nos'...what does it matter what else he is using. It is so close anyway he would lose a legal battle if they so chose to pursue one (unlikely but you never know I guess with the IP belonging to someone else and a new official game out imminently).

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
What's the 'secret whisper' power? Is it related to charm?
So yeah... What IS the Secret Whisper?
It is partially domination, partially charm, and partially corruption. I have been mulling it over quite a bit and I think it is some kind of combo power incorporating those three components. It is very powerful. Not spoken commands. More like a telepathic command. Not just a command but obviously affects how the recipient views the vampire as well, hence the charm and corruption.
If dominating and charming are two vampire powers, this is the PhD version of combining them. A very powerful trait, and not one that the fledgling MC should have access to so easily, unless it is a basic clan trait, which would be mega powerful for an initial power.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
He's already crossed the line using the 'Nos'...what does it matter what else he is using. It is so close anyway he would lose a legal battle if they so chose to pursue one (unlikely but you never know I guess with the IP belonging to someone else and a new official game out imminently).
True enough. Also Fabian being a Thaumaturge - very much not subtle.. And as I mentioned earlier, he even has a wolf clan of vampires......There are so many parallels that it would be very difficult to defend against, if the new owners decided to go after any and all references to their IP.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yes I think Calisto is probably the second oldest vampire we have been introduced to so far, with the mystery vision girl being the oldest. Based on what we have seen.

Each of those two could be close to the clan founder (whatever their clans might be) and if their lineage is connected that is scary for our MC.

I also don't think the Nos are our enemies yet. I think Merrick found the former Nos haven and is possibly hiding from the thing in the woods at that location.
I've always thought the black haired girl from MC's visions might be Calisto's sire.

Dec 28, 2019
He's already crossed the line using the 'Nos'...what does it matter what else he is using.
The term "nosferatu" was coined and used for "ugly" vampires long before the IP in question was developed. As a result our author is free to use it similarly in Rebirth. So "Nos" isn't really crossing the line.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The term "nosferatu" was coined and used for "ugly" vampires long before the IP in question was developed. As a result our author is free to use it similarly in Rebirth. So "Nos" isn't really crossing the line.
You try telling that to a company like Paradox's legal team ;)

Don't get me wrong...I have no issue with the plagiarism (because it isn't parody) at all....but they would sue them both out of existance if they wanted to. We're talking about companies that sue people based off having a similar game name...never mind the content and terms used within (and 'Nos' was used by WWP as an actual name for one of the kindred...not nosferatu). Remember, we live in a world now where companies and celebs can copyrite everyday damn words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhsel and Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I've always thought the black haired girl from MC's visions might be Calisto's sire.
Yes I pretty much said the same thing. And the fact the Ancient is reaching out to the MC is very possibly so he will eventually take Calisto out. Calista would be a credible threat to the Ancient, where as the MC would certainly gain a lot by devouring his side's heart's blood (diablerie) but would not gain enough, quickly enough to threaten the Ancient on his own. Additionally, as he is so young, and has no history with it (Ancient) he would have almost no reason to go after it's blood.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Did anyone else find it extremely hilarious when MC decided to fondle the fuck out of Carmen's breasts when he decided to get some blood from her? seeing her get turned on by it only made it that much funnier to me.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Did anyone else find it extremely hilarious when MC decided to fondle the fuck out of Carmen's breasts when he decided to get some blood from her? seeing her get turned on by it only made it that much funnier to me.
She wasn't turned on by it, instead it was the bite that was pleasurable. Same thing happened to the boy who was bitten by the feral Nos.

Dec 28, 2019
You try telling that to a company like Paradox's legal team ;)
While Paradox has trademarked "Tremere", they haven't even attempted to trademark "Nosferatu". A quick lookup shows that 13 trademarks for the word "Nosferatu" have been granted in the US, none of them to Paradox.

No trademarks have been granted for "Nos".

Don't get me wrong...I have no issue with the plagiarism (because it isn't parody) at all....but they would sue them both out of existance if they wanted to. We're talking about companies that sue people based off having a similar game name...never mind the content and terms used within (and 'Nos' was used by WWP as an actual name for one of the kindred...not nosferatu). Remember, we live in a world now where companies and celebs can copyrite everyday damn words.
Only in very specific and limited contexts. Simply having a character named "Nos" in a book is insufficient to trademark the name. The names of fictional characters aren't trademarkable unless the name is displayed prominently on saleable items. Now if they had already made a computer game that they were selling entitled "Chronicles of Nos" about a Nosferatu vampire named Nos, than they'd have a stronger hand and it probably wouldn't be worth the legal costs for a lone author to fight them over use of "nos" in a computer game relating to vampires

Reactions: c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Now if they had already made a computer game that they were selling entitled "Chronicles of Nos" about a Nosferatu vampire named Nos, than they'd have a stronger hand and it probably wouldn't be worth the legal costs for a lone author to fight them over use of "nos" in a computer game relating to vampires
Yet, as yourself pointed it out:
be worth the legal costs for a lone author to fight them
It would be sufficent for any company to have more resources than one lone author to just dry his money up through the courts. They wouldn't need to win the case, they only need to occupy the courts so long that he doens't have any money left.

Dec 28, 2019
Yet, as yourself pointed it out:

It would be sufficent for any company to have more resources than one lone author to just dry his money up through the courts. They wouldn't need to win the case, they only need to occupy the courts so long that he doens't have any money left.
Anybody can sue anyone for anything. But you can't win a trademark infringement case when you don't own the trademark, and Paradox does not own a trademark for either "Nosferatu" or "Nos".

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Funny thing is that the word Nosferatu was created precisely for a very old movie (1929) that wanted to make a movie about Dracula but did not have the copyright. In this movie, the vampire is super ugly. So that is probably how it became for White Wolf ugly vamps.

Therefore, WW cannot copyright what they themselves stole. Tremere, as far as I know, I only heard it for WW. Nonetheless, while the similarity is absurd and clearly based, I would doubt that there is any kind of trouble. In the end, even if extremely similar, all concepts are not explicitly stated. Nor generations, clans, associations and such.

Besides, unless Rebirth goes super successful, there is no reason for WW to actually sue as they would get nothing in return to compensate lawyers cost. And if they do go super successful, if I were WW, given that VTM is already 18+, I would just make these guys official developers.

I do believe that with the current similarities, though, there is NO CHANCE of ever seeing Rebirth on Steam. WW would have to do something there, not for Rebirth itself, but to make a point that you can't just copy their copyright and do small changes.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes