4.10 star(s) 193 Votes
Dec 28, 2019
Two variantes:
[*]Sharon truely doesn't know Malia/Kassandra. So either Malia has made a joke and she also doesn't (really) know Sharon or she knows Sharon, perhaps from Sharons hunting habits.
It's weird because Malia certainly acted as if she knew Sharon well, and even brought up an alternate name that Sharon supposedly knew her as.

[*]Sharon knows Malia and it fits in here usual "I explain later" behaviour. Although I losing my patience this quirk of her. Sometimes I doubt that if we (Sharon and MC) defuse a nuclear bomb and Sharon knows how, the MC ask her how to do, she would answer with "Not now, I will explain later.".
Except Sharon didn't say "not now, i'll explain later", instead she said "no idea" which implies something altogether different.

And none of that explains why the MC is also acting surprised, seemingly over his old boss being a vampire when he'd already figured it out when he got Laurie her job back much earlier on.

Dec 28, 2019
If Calisto is the high priestess of an ancient temple that just happens to be built near where the black-haired dream girl is buried, I have to wonder if the black-haired dream girl is the "goddess" that the temple was built to serve.

I can easily see the dreamgirl as the Greek "goddess "Artemis (really an obscenely powerful vampire pretending to be a goddess) whom the "nymph" Callisto served in Greek Myth. Calisto may well have started out as one of her priestesses, later to be made into her childe or grandchilde, only to get summoned to this location to build a new temple and to watch over her progenitor's sleep, and possibly to serve as her first meal when she fully awakens from torpor. (The latter would be a bad end for Calisto, but it would fit the spirit of the inspirational material for the game as ancient vampires have monstrous appetites, are ravenously hungry when they awaken, and mortal blood often no longer satisfies them.)

That would also make the MC the dreamgirl's grandchilde or great-grandchilde.

Last edited:
Reactions: DA22

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Very interesting points. Sharon is charismatic, friendly with the Nos, desired for some reason by Archon Marcius and favored enough by her association with the MC that Calisto forced her freedom and title of Archon out from under Marcius.
What this means in the short term we will no doubt find out in the next couple of updates, which I predict have a good mix of intrigue and violence.
For one thing, I am expecting that we will find that Ms. Olivia was fed upon by Astrid and now possibly enthralled by her. Using the trust that the MC has for her, I am betting Astrid has something nasty up her sleeve.

The Investiture of Sharon is going to be a big deal. That will likely bring all kinds of players into the open to be introduced into the story. While they may not care for Sharon at all, missing an event hosted by the princeps would be very poor form for most elders. I expect we might well see Hiereia Calisto of her reps there. Very intense possibilities there.

We also have Merrick still lost, but I'm betting he is either with the second baddie in the woods or in fact found the former Nos stronghold.

I think that Astrid will try to use Gregor and Olivia somehow, and that Carmen becomes a thrall of the MC. Also the possibility of using the MC's estranged mom and or Laurie's family will be possible.

What about the aborted boon for hottie Kassandra??? It didn't happen as agreed. What are those consequences?! It still worries me that Kassandra knows or at least knows of Sharon, and Sharon apparently doesn't know her.

One minor edit needs to occur back in chapter one, as Sharon was active during the day when the MC finally woke up. That can be fixed a number of ways, but should be addressed for us to be consistent with Sharon's sleep habits.

Finally I expect that while all the movers and shakers of the vampire community are gathered for Sharon's formal acceptance as Archon, we might get some additional tide bits about the MC visions and lineage.

Very exciting stuff!
Was an investiture ceremony for Sharon confirmed or just speculation on your part?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
If Calisto is the high priestess of an ancient temple that just happens to be built near where the black-haired dream girl is buried, I have to wonder if the black-haired dream girl is the goddess that the temple was built to serve.

I can easily see the dreamgirl as the Greek goddess Artemis whom the nymph Callisto served in Greek Myth. Calisto may well have started out as one of her priestesses, later to be made into her childe or grandchilde, only to get summoned to this location to build a new temple and to watch over her progenitor's sleep, and possibly to serve as her first meal when she fully awakens from torpor. (The latter would be a bad end for Calisto, but it would fit the spirit of the inspirational material for the game as ancient vampires have monstrous appetites, are ravenously hungry when they awaken, and mortal blood often no longer satisfies them.)

Would fit with another vampire series lore...not VTM...but I get your point and it's an interesting theory for sure.

Reactions: Arigon

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Well about your first remark, remember the most curious quote in game. The one by that pretty dream girl some of us think may well be Lilith, she said I am your real Mommy. (Actually she said C was not MC's real Mommy implying she herself was and her name in files:) (Well I think some of us might not want to be MC to be some invincible chosen, but someone like Lilith might well be able to influence someone like Calisto and have her turn MC while she thought it was a whim. :p
se has to be Lilith
desired for some reason by Archon Marcius
he wanted her eyes.
We do not know if Diablerie carries the same blood hunt sentence that it does in the source material, but am betting it comes into play here fairly shortly.
when the arcon's goons came to take then scooby gang, Marcus scared them off hinting at diablerie, probably it's still a crime.
It would be fabulous if Marcius challenges Sharon to a throw down, and she chooses the MC as her champion, and that he snacks down Marcius for the entire court to see. Yes that is just wishful thinking. Probably much more productive would be Sharon steps up and makes Marcius present his throat to her, and she snacks him down to increase her standing and power level so she can boot Astrid out of the way to be the Archon of her suburb and Marcius's domain.
Marcius is still a fast mofo, and Sharon's powers might not work on him
Two variantes:
  1. Sharon truely doesn't know Malia/Kassandra. So either Malia has made a joke and she also doesn't (really) know Sharon or she knows Sharon, perhaps from Sharons hunting habits.
  2. Sharon knows Malia and it fits in here usual "I explain later" behaviour. Although I losing my patience this quirk of her. Sometimes I doubt that if we (Sharon and MC) defuse a nuclear bomb and Sharon knows how, the MC ask her how to do, she would answer with "Not now, I will explain later.".
It's weird because Malia certainly acted as if she knew Sharon well, and even brought up an alternate name that Sharon supposedly knew her as.

Except Sharon didn't say "not now, i'll explain later", instead she said "no idea" which implies something altogether different.

And none of that explains why the MC is also acting surprised, seemingly over his old boss being a vampire when he'd already figured it out when he got Laurie her job back much earlier on.
perhaps Sharon was hunting on Malia's turf and got permisssion from Malia's thrall, so she knows the name but not the face to associate it with
If Calisto is the high priestess of an ancient temple that just happens to be built near where the black-haired dream girl is buried, I have to wonder if the black-haired dream girl is the "goddess" that the temple was built to serve.

I can easily see the dreamgirl as the Greek "goddess "Artemis (really an obscenely powerful vampire pretending to be a goddess) whom the "nymph" Callisto served in Greek Myth. Calisto may well have started out as one of her priestesses, later to be made into her childe or grandchilde, only to get summoned to this location to build a new temple and to watch over her progenitor's sleep, and possibly to serve as her first meal when she fully awakens from torpor. (The latter would be a bad end for Calisto, but it would fit the spirit of the inspirational material for the game as ancient vampires have monstrous appetites, are ravenously hungry when they awaken, and mortal blood often no longer satisfies them.)

Dreamgirl also asked MC if he has what it takes to defeat him, and she certainly wasn't talking about Marcius....

Reactions: Ayhsel

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
To add two of my long time favourite here - other I share with you and others I don't know.
If you don't care about abandoned project I would add the following two:
Edit:
It is nice to read your post and usually I would be a little more active - blame CD Projekt Red for it. :sneaky:
Yet your post often are on the longer side and thus I need some time to read them. Nothing bad per se, only I'm lazy and after 3 sentences; where was I?:ROFLMAO:
ooooh shit!
thank you for the Wicked Choice /Agent of Karma suggestion And believe it or not Deluca. I had downloaded it but never played it. Both of these look great!

Reactions: yltohawk and c3p0

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
ooooh shit!
thank you for the Wicked Choice /Agent of Karma suggestion And believe it or not Deluca. I had downloaded it but never played it. Both of these look great!
They are, though for Deluca the question whether it is indeed also a sex game keeps hanging over it for a while longer. :p It def has adult themes, great art and story though.

Dec 28, 2019
se has to be Lilith
I don't think it's been established that Lilith even exists in this world yet. Dreamgirl is definitely a powerful methusalah (ie. an ancient slumbering vampire) at a minimum. Whether or not she rises to the level of an antedeluvian (ie. a clan founder) or even Lilith herself remains to be seen.

when the arcon's goons came to take then scooby gang, Marcus scared them off hinting at diablerie, probably it's still a crime.
Diablerie is very definitely a crime. Marcus was making a point to the two thugs who thought that because they worked for the local archon they could get away with breaking the law themselves. The laws protected them from him just as much as they protected Sharon from them. So if the laws no longer applied for the evening as they claimed, there was nothing stopping him from draining them dry either.

Marcius is still a fast mofo, and Sharon's powers might not work on him
Agreed. It's unlikely that she has enough *oomph* behind her domination ability to command the archon. She has enough difficulty with strong willed humans. And even if she could pull it off, Marcius would just avoid looking into her eyes until after he had squashed her.

perhaps Sharon was hunting on Malia's turf and got permisssion from Malia's thrall, so she knows the name but not the face to associate it with
I suppose that's possible, if not a particularly appealing resolution to the apparent inconsistency. It still doesn't explain the MC's own apparent surprise however.

Dreamgirl also asked MC if he has what it takes to defeat him, and she certainly wasn't talking about Marcius....
In the material that inspired Rebirth, otherwise bored elder vampires nursed grudges against each other over the centuries, engaging their pawns in battles with the pawns of their opponents. Ultimately the elders themselves were controlled by sleeping methusalahs who manipulated them to oppose the elders doing the will of rival methusalahs in chess like battles, often referred to as the Jyhad, where the elders are the higher ranked pieces and the young vampires are lower ranked pieces.

Dreamgirl is most definitely a slumbering methusalah and probably has an enemy methusaleh she wants to defeat, and to continue using the chess analogy, she may see in the MC a pawn capable of becoming a queen at the right moment. I also wouldn't put it past Dreamgirl to have put the suggestion/impulse/whim in Calisto's head to make a childe, or even several children, and to see which survive to become useful pawns. Calisto may be a top shelf elder, but Dreamgirl is even older and more powerful yet, and Calisto is likely one of Dreamgirl's highest ranked chess pieces.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ah I definitely need to now push what my favorite games are and why, since I post so much lol

1: Rebirth
2: Heavy Five
3: City of Broken Dreamers
4: Leap of Faith
5: Life Happened
6: Something to Write About-The Author
7: Timestamps 1&2
8: Sorcerer
9: Light of My Life- Almost makes Incest not seem so horrific.
10: Deliverance
11: Depraved Awakening
12: Becoming a Rockstar
13: Callisto
14: Tales from the Unending Void
15: Sisterly Lust- Yeah incest is terrible but who gives a fuck!?
16: AOA Academy
17: Picture Perfect
18: Being a DIK
19: Where the Heart Is
20: Retrieving the Past

Those are pretty much my favorite games on here. I own a lot of them from past Patreon, and or Steam purchases. If I really like a game I put money and feedback into it. The most contentious one on my list is a lot of people's favorite which is Being a DIK. I have various issues with that one, but the renders are quality. If I had to pick just the top 5 or top 10, and play none of the rest, I could live with that order. Really was amazed at how Rebirth makes you think, very hard.

To add two of my long time favourite here - other I share with you and others I don't know.
If you don't care about abandoned project I would add the following two:
Edit:
It is nice to read your post and usually I would be a little more active - blame CD Projekt Red for it. :sneaky:
Yet your post often are on the longer side and thus I need some time to read them. Nothing bad per se, only I'm lazy and after 3 sentences; where was I?:ROFLMAO:
I want to also make some quick, out of the top of my head suggestions. Surely I am missing some great you have not mentioned, but just to say a few...

EDIT: to avoid the off topic warning, I copied my answer here.

https://f95zone.to/threads/vampire-lore-thread.61187/post-4782827

Last edited:
Reactions: Arigon

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Dreamgirl is most definitely a slumbering methusalah and probably has an enemy methusaleh she wants to defeat, and to continue using the chess analogy, she may see in the MC a pawn capable of becoming a queen at the right moment. I also wouldn't put it past Dreamgirl to have put the suggestion/impulse/whim in Calisto's head to make a childe, or even several children, and to see which survive to become useful pawns. Calisto may be a top shelf elder, but Dreamgirl is even older and more powerful yet, and Calisto is likely one of Dreamgirl's highest ranked chess pieces.
This is a pretty good theory imo

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
This is a pretty good theory imo
The problem I see with methuselah level and she orchestrating everything is Merrick's friend frank. While we are assuming he was a nos but he could have been something else, unless he was the same lineage as MC, you would need that the red dream beauty is something that can spawn different lineages. While that is possible for methuselah, we are almost talking 2nd or 3rd generation at most. In fact, going by the unspeakable lore, if Frank was a nos, then you she had to be around 2nd generation, to have two different clans spawn from her, Frank's and MC's.

Again, this is not 100% probability and deduction, but it does suggest the beauty might be something even lower than a methuselah, something closer to the root if not the root herself.

And I honestly like to think MC creation was really an accident born from a bored mind and less another "everything happened according to plan".

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
The problem I see with methuselah level and she orchestrating everything is Merrick's friend frank. While we are assuming he was a nos but he could have been something else, unless he was the same lineage as MC, you would need that the red dream beauty is something that can spawn different lineages. While that is possible for methuselah, we are almost talking 2nd or 3rd generation at most. In fact, going by the unspeakable lore, if Frank was a nos, then you she had to be around 2nd generation, to have two different clans spawn from her, Frank's and MC's.

Again, this is not 100% probability and deduction, but it does suggest the beauty might be something even lower than a methuselah, something closer to the root if not the root herself.

And I honestly like to think MC creation was really an accident born from a bored mind and less another "everything happened according to plan".
I don't know. The ridiculous amount they paid for him to play at the party/orgy at the beginning is suspicious. And surely they were expecting him to see certain things there. Would they really just hire some random human DJ, let him see a vampire orgy, then just let him leave?

Maybe I should replay the beginning. I may be missing something. :unsure:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't know. The ridiculous amount they paid for him to play at the party/orgy at the beginning is suspicious. And surely they were expecting him to see certain things there. Would they really just hire some random human DJ, let him see a vampire orgy, then just let him leave?

Maybe I should replay the beginning. I may be missing something. :unsure:
It is true that that is suspicious but no need to do something so complex to turn an oblivious human.. Just seduce him and bite him when he expects to get lucky. To arrange a whole party just to bite some dj is simply too much. No like he was someone hard to access as a president or a famous person.

They may have paid 50k just because is small change for them and the place he worked could have recommended him out of the blue. Again, all wishful thinking but for me it is a better approach that conspiracies inside conspiracies. A lot in life, vamp or not, is simply chance.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
It is true that that is suspicious but no need to do something so complex to turn an oblivious human.. Just seduce him and bite him when he expects to get lucky. To arrange a whole party just to bite some dj is simply too much. No like he was someone hard to access as a president or a famous person.

They may have paid 50k just because is small change for them and the place he worked could have recommended him out of the blue. Again, all wishful thinking but for me it is a better approach that conspiracies inside conspiracies. A lot in life, vamp or not, is simply chance.
Maybe I'm remembering things wrong. But I think they hired Laurie at first.
And when she couldn't do it, she sent him.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
No, they contacted MC and he told Laurie about it. She herself could not do it as she was travelling to their hometown that day.
MC promised to share the profits of that night with her as they always worked as a team.... I guess he kind of did share what he earned for working that night when he made her his thrall. Ironic, I guess?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I remembered as wanting to hire both of them, but you may be right. Hiring the MC alone was a plan b.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes