4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
Never read or played any vampire story, don't know if the depiction in this game is accurate or not, I just want to finally bang the ebony landlady.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen
Dec 28, 2019
The problem I see with methuselah level and she orchestrating everything is Merrick's friend frank.
That's not a problem at all. Methusalah's aren't limited to controlling their own clans and bloodlines. They can control nearly anyone who comes close enough. They also often have the ability to untether their minds from their bodies. While their powers are greatly reduced, they can often communicate while untethered as the Dreamgirl has been doing with both the MC and apparently, Frank the nos. The inspirational material contains plenty of examples. So Frank the nos doesn't need to be a member of a methusalah's bloodline to be mentally contacted by one.

While we are assuming he was a nos but he could have been something else, unless he was the same lineage as MC, you would need that the red dream beauty is something that can spawn different lineages.
Nope, not necessary at all.

While that is possible for methuselah, we are almost talking 2nd or 3rd generation at most. In fact, going by the unspeakable lore, if Frank was a nos, then you she had to be around 2nd generation, to have two different clans spawn from her, Frank's and MC's.
I very strongly disagree. These abilities we are discussing are well within the powers of a methusalah. Since you're bringing up generations, in the inspirational setting methuslah's are typically 4th or 5th gen and they're fully capable of mentally contacting and controlling other vampires even as they sleep, as the high level "auspex" and "dominate" "disciplines" required are typically in 6th to 8th level ability range which put them well within the reach of 4th and 5th gen methusalahs.

4th gens are basically the most powerful vampires that can be stat'd. 2nds and 3rds are beyond the stat system. If they want to fight they automatically win. The only time they die is when they want to die, or under highly contrived story circumstances that don't involve stats at all. They're legends, not NPC's one can get to know. I'd go into more detail but a deeper discussion of the inspirational materials should go in the other thread, not this one.

Again, this is not 100% probability and deduction, but it does suggest the beauty might be something even lower than a methuselah, something closer to the root if not the root herself.
Sorry, I'm willing to consider that she might be even lower, but the evidence does not as yet suggest that.

And I honestly like to think MC creation was really an accident born from a bored mind and less another "everything happened according to plan".
I doubt very much that Dreamgirl ordered Calisto to embrace the MC specifically. I wasn't saying that at all. I'm thinking along much more darwinian lines with Dreamgirl communicating to one of her chief minions Calisto that making a childe or three might be entertaining and ease her boredom, and that she should go make some. Calisto still chose the MC on a whim. It's just that the desire to procreate may well have been inserted into her head by Dreamgirl.

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong. But I think they hired Laurie at first.
And when she couldn't do it, she sent him.
Liam approached the MC with the offer, not Laurie. The MC told Liam that Laurie wasn't available, and Liam said he'd prefer both, but the MC alone would be acceptable. Nevertheless I don't think the MC was chosen for the embrace in advance of the party. I'm more inclined to think that the MC showed up at the right place at the right time and Calisto went, "You're mildly interesting, you'll probably die anyway, but I'm suddenly in the mood to make a childe, so let's give it a shot. Maybe you'll surprise me."

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
That's not a problem at all. Methusalah's aren't limited to controlling their own clans and bloodlines. They can control nearly anyone who comes close enough. They also often have the ability to untether their minds from their bodies. While their powers are greatly reduced, they can often communicate while untethered as the Dreamgirl has been doing with both the MC and apparently, Frank the nos. The inspirational material contains plenty of examples. So Frank the nos doesn't need to be a member of a methusalah's bloodline to be mentally contacted by one.

Nope, not necessary at all.

I very strongly disagree. These abilities we are discussing are well within the powers of a methusalah. Since you're bringing up generations, in the inspirational setting methuslah's are typically 4th or 5th gen and they're fully capable of mentally contacting and controlling other vampires even as they sleep, as the high level "auspex" and "dominate" powers required are typically in 6th to 8th level ability range which put them well within the reach of 4th and 5th gen methusalahs.

4th gens are basically the most powerful vampires that can be stat'd. 2nds and 3rds are beyond the stat system. If they want to fight they automatically win. The only time they die is when they want to die. I'd go into more detail but a deeper discussion of the inspirational materials should go in the other thread, not this one.

Sorry, I'm willing to consider that she might be even lower, but the evidence does not as yet suggest that.

I doubt very much that Dreamgirl ordered Calisto to embrace the MC specifically. I wasn't saying that at all. I'm thinking along much more darwinian lines with Dreamgirl communicating to one of her chief minions Calisto that making a childe or three might be entertaining and ease her boredom, and that she should go make some. Calisto still chose the MC on a whim. It's just that the desire to procreate may well have been inserted into her head by Dreamgirl.

Liam approached the MC with the offer, not Laurie. The MC told Liam that Laurie wasn't available, and Liam said he'd prefer both, but the MC alone would be acceptable.
I think I was not clear enough. My point was that if we assume that she is connecting those related to her, she would need to be close enough to the root that both Frank the nos (I cant remember if it was confirmed Frank was a nos, though) and MC would be related to her. Reason is that she herself is not a nos, then two different linage should have to spawn from her, making her very very close to the root of the bloodlines tree. The hole point was that this is under the assumption that she is connected to those related to her. If A, then B.

Yes, she could be trying to affect one that does not spawn from her (that is the assumption A is false), but that would make the whole "mom" image in the code that is used to show her pointless, if we are talking MC. It could also be that it is Frank the nos that is not her descendant but I just find it hard to believe that when writing the novel they would simply pick a random guy to be affected by her, yet still make it very clear that MC is one powerful and special mother fucker.

Again, these are all assumptions and with so little information, anything can happen. In the end, this is not the unspoken lore setting, and all rules can be broken. I was just following that it seems to me just too complex.. That does not mean I don't say it is possible. Simply that my current assumption is more basic: she is lower in the bloodlines tree, so low that she is almost the very embodiment of vampires if not the first herself. That is why she is such a basic instinct when MC feeds. He does not see his Mother, he sees the red dream beauty.

Dec 28, 2019
Ayhsel: It sounds like where I'm taking "mommy" to mean she's the mother of the MC's lineage and her manipulation the reason Calisto had an uncharacteristic desire to make a childe, which turned out to be the MC, you're expanding the "mommy" to mean she's the mother of all vampires.

I do not assume that she's connecting to Frank because she's his ancestor too. My suspicion is that while exploring some abandoned sewer tunnels or some such, Frank the nos wandered close enough to where her body was buried for her to reach out and ensnare him mentally.

Your theory is not impossible, and I'm not going to dismiss it. I don't think it's anywhere near a lock yet however. When I say that Dreamgirl is at least a methusalah I leave open the possibility that she's something even more than that. Now if you found "mother of all vampires" spelled out in the code the meaning of that would be much less debatable.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ayhsel: It sounds like where I'm taking "mommy" to mean she's the mother of the MC's lineage and her manipulation the reason Calisto had an uncharacteristic desire to make a childe, you're expanding the "mommy" to mean she's the mother of all vampires.

I do not assume that she's connecting to Frank because she's his ancestor too. My suspicion is that while exploring some abandoned sewer tunnels or some such, Frank the nos wandered close enough to where her body was buried for her to reach out and ensnare him mentally.

Your theory is not impossible, and I'm not going to dismiss it. I don't think it's anywhere near a lock yet however. When I say that Dreamgirl is at least a methusalah I leave open the possibility that she's something even more than that. Now if you found "mother of all vampires" spelled out in the code the meaning of that would be much less debatable.
In the code she is referred to as mom. As Calisto is direct MC's vamp mommy, that is one of the reason she is further assumed to be something closer to the root.

It is possible what you say about Frank, though, being too closed to her she could have manipulated him, while she directly manipulated MC's by connection.

In the end, all we can assume is that she is some old, powerful sexy babe. Probably older than Calisto.

Reactions: c3p0 and Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Vision Girl can easily be a 4th gen Methuselah and be using any number of disciplines or more likely combo disciplines to reach out across any bloodlines. Supposing for a moment that Frank the Nos, and the MC just happen to have access to Auspex (MC absolutely does) she can reach them that way. Frank may have had a gift for Auspex as well.

It seems likely that the MC is of her bloodline as he almost instantly had visions of her. That would mean Calisto is as well.

So if we assume Vision Girl is 4th, Calisto is 5th, that makes our MC 6th gen. This would explain his extremely fast development, and the comment Fabian makes regarding how tasty elders would find the MC's blood.

I don't think that Frank and the MC are of the same bloodline. It is much more likely that Frank picked up another discipline that would allow him to tune in to the Vision Girl.

I think the Him that Vision Girl is referring to the MC being powerful enough to take out may well be the thing in the woods. I mean it could be the Princeps but compared to an amped up werewolf or low generation gangrel or Tscmisce, a prince in the U.S. is unlikely to be as much of a solo hand full. I think Marcius is going to get toasted very soon by the MC. Further, I think that will be relatively easy for him to do.

As we look further ahead, there are any numbers of challenges that a rising Methuselah can cause. Not the least of which is an immediate culling of the local kindred. If she is rising as a part of some larger general awakening such as gehenna cults foretell, well this is going to go tits up very quickly. More likely she's a loner who has rested enough and is ready to get back on the scene. This can certainly make things very challenging for everything locally, or regionally.

We don't need to study vampire genetics much at all if she is a 4th gen Methuselah. We certainly don't need to look earlier than that. Antedeluvians rising is a world wide event and would quickly render anything in this story as completely trivial. She is inviting the MC to walk the blood path with her. This can mean a Lot of things.

I do think it's reasonable that Calisto is 5th gen, MC 6th gen. Archons and most so called elders 8-9th gen and the Princeps possibly 7th. Fabian would likewise be 6th and Virgil could be 7-8th. All of those estimates would make for a reasonable large Chicago type city campaign. Vampires don't have to be much lower gen in order to be elders or scary.

Thinking that the developer is knowledgeable and reasonable, I think the above assumptions are valid.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

1608911883342.png

Hi

Just came by to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Hope this finds you all well.

As far as Rebirth is concerned, we've done quite a lot of work on preparing the ground for episode 3. Don't have all the enviroments quite yet, but we have enough. Ep 3 won't start yet though. We still have to finish up ep 2. One more thing on our to do list for this month. And that is to go back and fix some renders from ep 2 that came out faulty, but we didn't notice. And that's what we'll be doing between Christmas and New Year.
Merry Christmas Again.

Best regards
Likesblondes

No silly comment from me this time. You can see those ready-to-be-unwrap presents yourself.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

View attachment 956267

Hi

Just came by to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Hope this finds you all well.

As far as Rebirth is concerned, we've done quite a lot of work on preparing the ground for episode 3. Don't have all the enviroments quite yet, but we have enough. Ep 3 won't start yet though. We still have to finish up ep 2. One more thing on our to do list for this month. And that is to go back and fix some renders from ep 2 that came out faulty, but we didn't notice. And that's what we'll be doing between Christmas and New Year.
Merry Christmas Again.

Best regards
Likesblondes

No silly comment from me this time. You can see those ready-to-be-unwrap presents yourself.
Thank you so much for sharing that. Happy holidays :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ayhsel
Dec 28, 2019
I can't help but feel that Sharon is in way over her head, and that's by design. Her promotion isn't the reward that she in her naivette believes it to be. Calisto doesn't care one whit whether Sharon lives or dies, as long as she doesn't die too soon. Instead its an opportunity for Calisto to test and further develop the MC. Sharon will need the MC's help to survive in her new position and the MC will need her as cover so he doesn't become a target for diablerie before he's ready.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I can't help but feel that Sharon is in way over her head, and that's by design. Her promotion isn't the reward that she in her naivette believes it to be. Calisto doesn't care one whit whether Sharon lives or dies, as long as she doesn't die too soon. Instead its an opportunity for Calisto to test and further develop the MC. Sharon will need the MC's help to survive in her new position and the MC will need her as cover so he doesn't become a target for diablerie before he's ready.
Sharon will not see the true death if my mc has anything to do about it :mad:
I'm quite fond of her naive or not. :p

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
MC can bluntly tell her that everything Fabian said about her promotion was true and she'd just brush him off

Dec 28, 2019
Sharon will not see the true death if my mc has anything to do about it :mad:
I'm quite fond of her naive or not. :p
I'm fond of her too and will likewise endeavor to keep her alive. I'm not sure if I want to be mutually thralled to each other, but she's treated us well and is the rare vampire we can trust not to stab us in the back even when it's to their advantage.

MC can bluntly tell her that everything Fabian said about her promotion was true and she'd just brush him off
And that's a big reason why I don't want my MC thralled to her, even if its mutual. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking that sex with Miri, soul stain or not, prevents the MC from taking the next step towards mutual thralldom to/with Sharon. At some point the MC will surpass Sharon sufficiently that our relationship will need a readjustment, and I'd like to approach that point with a clear head, but that time is still a ways off.

I find it amusing that Calisto assumes that the MC finds Sharon irritating and believes that a warning not to kill Sharon yet is actually warranted.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I'm fond of her too and will likewise endeavor to keep her alive. I'm not sure if I want to be mutually thralled to each other, but she's treated us well and is the rare vampire we can trust not to stab us in the back even when it's to their advantage.

I find it amusing that Calisto assumes that the MC finds Sharon irritating and believes that a warning not to kill Sharon yet is actually warranted.
Sharon is clearly on the Path of Humanity. I suspect...no I think it is more than a mere suspicion at this point, that Calisto is on the Path of Power and the Inner Voice. She of course will assume some of that morality is inherent in all of her progeny, and should the MC prove more than a mere few nights of amusement, she will spend a little time educating him to be a more effective tool of hers. She will of course be looking for a blood bond with him on her trip to the burbs.

I believe that Marcius will be making some form of fatal error at Sharon's investiture. I am not sure that he is so hot headed that it will be outright assassination attempt...But he may challenge her suitability to be an Archon. Presumably the MC will take up that challenge for her. In the mean time, the southern Archon will be present, and this will further cause Sharon and Andrew some issues. This could steal the show from Marcius, which he will hate very much....It is possible that Calisto, not ready for Sharon to be extinguished, may set Fabian on the Southern Archon..... or perhaps Cindy....It is even conceivable for the MC to say, "take a number" and deal with these threats directly himself....(I kind of doubt that as it would reveal his ultra potent blood right away)
All in all, I think the next few scenes are going to be chess moves on the big board, with few actual players knowing what is actually going down.

Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I love Sharon as much as everybody. But she really needs to step up her game. Before I was just a sireless neonite that could not even realize the world I was living in. Now, I am one powerful slut with an irresistible mommy.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Sharon is playing hard to get, but all the stuff about not believing MC and still treat us like a baby (which we are though) is making less and less sense. I would have been killed without her several times, but neither would she have survived the last few weeks without me, even if she was put in those situations because of my mistakes.

In other words, yes, I am stupid and horny but we are in this together and unless she starts trusting me more, I am making mommy aware she may have a different daughter-in-law/babysitter soon.

Mmm I think I may have been playing too many evil characters lately :unsure: .... can't look at kids in the street without wondering if they would make a good sacrifice. Don't worry, though. Puppies are always safe with me.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
Sharon is clearly on the Path of Humanity.
I completely agree.

I suspect...no I think it is more than a mere suspicion at this point, that Calisto is on the Path of Power and the Inner Voice.
IMHO We just don't know enough as yet. There are numerous paths that could apply to her, or she may just have a low humanity.

She of course will assume some of that morality is inherent in all of her progeny, and should the MC prove more than a mere few nights of amusement, she will spend a little time educating him to be a more effective tool of hers. She will of course be looking for a blood bond with him on her trip to the burbs.
Escaping boredom seems to be more of a motivation than increasing her personal power atm.

I believe that Marcius will be making some form of fatal error at Sharon's investiture. I am not sure that he is so hot headed that it will be outright assassination attempt...But he may challenge her suitability to be an Archon.
I'm more inclined to think that he'll continually attempt to sabotage her authority over Scottstown in order to make her look bad before the princeps in a bid to get the princeps to remove her from her new position.

Presumably the MC will take up that challenge for her. In the mean time, the southern Archon will be present, and this will further cause Sharon and Andrew some issues.
It will be interesting to see Sharon's "reunion" with the Archon who ordered the death of Andrew's daughter and banished her from his territory...

This could steal the show from Marcius, which he will hate very much....It is possible that Calisto, not ready for Sharon to be extinguished, may set Fabian on the Southern Archon..... or perhaps Cindy....
We'll see.

It is even conceivable for the MC to say, "take a number" and deal with these threats directly himself....(I kind of doubt that as it would reveal his ultra potent blood right away)
I doubt it too.

All in all, I think the next few scenes are going to be chess moves on the big board, with few actual players knowing what is actually going down.
Yep. Calisto likely has a good, if perhaps not complete understanding if she's orchestrating some things on Dreamgirl's behalf as we suspect. Marcus may suspect, and watch carefully (and usually unseen) as Nos tend to do, but he and the other Nos will attempt to avoid getting caught in the crossfire while continuing to aid Sharon quietly. Between his age and his long association with Calisto and the Temple, Fabian may have a clue too. The Archons are likely all clueless pawns themselves.

The big question atm is: What happened to Merrick?

Reactions: Arigon
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes