4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I think the thing I'm most excited for is when Sharon finds out who mc's sire is, because based on the reaction of others, I have a feeling Sharon will outright piss herself and every other vampire will become far more warry of mc.
I'm almost certain that if MC introduced Calisto to Sharon she'd just say something like "I see you found someone as crazy as you. We'll talk about it later. *looks at Calisto* And you shouldn't encourage him by making him believe it"

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, Sharon is not old and she doesn't seem to know much about different clans and vampire powers.
So keep that in mind when you judge her or her actions.

Last edited:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Yeah, Sharon is not old and she doesn't seem to know much about different clans and vampire powers.
it's not like Sharon can simply read a manual to get info...

I'm almost certain that if MC introduced Calisto to Sharon she'd just say something like "I see you found someone as crazy as you. We'll talk about it later. *looks at Calisto* And you shouldn't encourage him by making him believe it"
and she wouldn't be wrong... malkavians are a thing..

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon and Ayhsel

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And it would be funny, if Calisto would answer: "Sure, my child. So in 200 years then. Fabio would you be so kind to take care of it?"

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ok,
Several points raised above. Not going to try and quote, it would be too messy.

Also not meaning ANY disrespect to any poster if I say something contradictory.

1: Source material being what it is, the lower generation you are, the more powerful your Potential is, as well as more powerful Base starting point.
2: Referencing same material- Most powerful generation is Generation 1 (One). That being is Caine. 3rd human. First murderer.
3: We know that Sharon has Fortitude almost certainly, and is probably her most developed discipline. She survived a mauling in the woods from something more powerful than the Feral Nos, (Wight in the source material parlance). She also has Domination and some amount of Presence. Domination is the Green script. In less developed states, all usage of domination require eye contact, and Sharon's mind trick with the green script is all eye contact. Her attracting attention ability is very Presence like.
4: Sharon is 70-71 years old. (born in 1948). Thus she has some anachronisms such as poor computer usage, can't drive, likes men in suits etc. She is older than a fledgling and is in the mainstream age for most vampires active in modern nights stated in source material as Ancilla. This means she likely is well developed in one or two disciplines, reasonable attributes and skills, but nothing to write home about. She probably only has her 3 clan disciplines (Fortitude, Presence, Domination) (Yup Ventrue). And of those probably Fortitude is highest, Domination next, and Presence last.
4a: By and large, no vampire has encyclopedic knowledge of clans outside their own clan, and some do not even know their own clan well. By source material verbiage a vampire that doesn't know their lineage, sire, and other important social information are referred to as mongrels, Catiff, Thin Bloods, etc. Thus Eloise disdain for the MC. (BY the Way, I would LOVE to see Eloise SHIT herself when she finds out who the MC is... Eloise is old school Ventrue and so clan and generation and standing means everything) In any case, it is perfectly reasonable that Sharon, who is not that old and experienced yet, is going to have a healthy skeptical outlook for anything that is not generically visible in the places she might frequent and the vampires she knows of. So no- Sharon shouldn't have a clue about the MC. He is clearly something unusual, she just doesn't know what yet.
5: Blood Bond/Thralling- There is nothing that would prevent a lesser powered vampire from thralling a more powerful vampire. As a matter of fact, that is a constant worry, as it is the lesser of two evils for dramatic power increase of a young vampire. They other being Amaranth aka Diablerie aka Snacking the more powerful lower generation vampire down for dinner.
6: Vision Girl- about 100% sure she is a Methuselah for the MC line. NOTE Antediluvian and Methuselah are not interchangeable even if said Methuselah pre-dates the Noetic Flood. Methuselahs are generation 4 and 5 vampires whose unlife has exceeded 1000 years. She won't be the clan founder, unless this is going to be an apocalyptic story. (meaning also not the original vampire, and gen 0 doesn't exist. Gen 1 is Caine or whomever LovesBlondes says it is)
7: Hunters, names of vampires, and notoriety-
The hunter lass Carmen gave us Astrid on a silver platter, and both Merrick and Sharon said the same thing. Probably just pulled the name of a more famous vampire out of group of names they suspect are vampires to sow dissent.
Not a stupid assumption. Is a very easy fix.
MC simply has to say a couple things and Sharon will cave.
A-the male hunter referred to the MC as the minnow. How would he know that?? Vampires are vampires unless someone knows something.
B- spare the minnow but kill the girl. Again, pretty specific. It is on the MC for not mentioning these things.
C- Scottsville is 2 hours 1 way from town, how or why did Astrid catch a hunter that Sharon "missed" just to announce that to the court, (super stupid unless she thinks that Sharon is toast anyway-even then what plausible reason does she have for being out in Scottsville in the area of the creepy hospital?)
8: Sorcery, Necromancy, Thaumaturgy, pick a magic type you like aside, There is definitely something creeping around in the background of the woods... Thinking about what hit Sharon.... If it was a 9ft tall half a ton of raging werewolf, there would have been tracks. On the other hand, there are gifts to remove tracks. The claw marks are not hugely deep, but there are several of them. Werewolf claws are major mojo and even with scratches could do serious damage...MC claws did do something pretty damned serious to one of Marcius's flunkies with just a scratch... My thought processes are somewhat headed along this line- Calisto, Fabian, Cindy???, and MC presumably share traits. Fabian is older, and stronger than the MC, but may well be same lineage or super close. In source material lore:
A-Most Non vampiric shape shifters can take on a battle form that does more damage than any of their other forms, and is a hybrid humanized version. Most are larger than human. Most are stronger, Most are faster, and Most are deadlier than your run of the mill Elder vampire in physical combat.
B- Vampire clans that have some disciplines to mimic a war form are also more deadly than the average elder vampire in physical combat.
C- Wolf boys aka Gangrel have been ruled out by Markus, and they do not have access early on to the kinds of disciplines our MC is displaying.
D-Tzimisce can take on a brutalizing war form, fully capable of wrecking Sharon quickly and easily even with a lot of Fortitude. They also have sorcery. They also have mental powers. They are aristocratic and noble in their own way.
Hard not to wander that way in my head....
Well enough for now. Need more coffee!
Peace

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I think the thing I'm most excited for is when Sharon finds out who mc's sire is, because based on the reaction of others, I have a feeling Sharon will outright piss herself and every other vampire will become far more warry of mc.
There's no secrecy regarding his bloodline if he starts telling people outside of maybe Sharon.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Generation 0 can be Lilith, because she is the one who converted Cain. So dream vampfu can be Lilith or a Methuselah.
Sharon survived the forest thing thanks to MC's powerful blood not because Fortitude.
She herself said she's no fighter and prefer to hunt at parties, also the game logo is a Rose so I say she's Toreador not Ventrue, another one of the High Clans.

Last edited:

Aerlwyn

Dec 20, 2019
Generation 0 can be Lilith, because she is the one who converted Cain. So dream vampfu can be Lilith or a Methuselah.
Sharon survived the forest thing thanks to MC's powerful blood not because Fortitude.
She herself said she's no fighter and prefer to hunt at parties, also the game logo is a Rose so I say she's Matador not Ventrue, another one of the High Cllans.
Thinking Sharon was more a Toredor as seems more an artist type than anything that relates to combat, as for the MC not sure what he would be close to as seems to have elements from several such as Gangrel, Nos and Assamites.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
She herself said she's no fighter and prefer to hunt at parties, also the game logo is a Rose so I say she's Matador not Ventrue, another one of the High Cllans.
Respectfully disagree
Caine is original vampire cursed by Gawd. Lilith is myth thrown in to certain of the mixes as a co founder, or a 4th 2nd generation of the vampires.
Sharon's survival is not possible due to MC powerful blood as she had none of that blood for several minutes after the attack. The best discipline to assist in survival and also fit her apparent powers is fortitude. No Question She HEALED Aggravated wounds due to the MC powerful blood.

The Rose is symbolic of many things including the Toreador. Perhaps one of the most nicely done overtures would be the association of the Amaranth/Diablerie with the first victim (according to some literature) which was a Toreador named Amarantha. Red Orchids and other flowers have been associated with Diablerie and while we have the rose in the lower left hand corner of the screen, I do not think we should read into it overly much that Sharon is a Toreador. Now perhaps when she epically throws down with Astrid and then devours her heart's blood, that would be some great stuff there.

Sharon displays none of the Toreador non mystical traits, (other than some vanity which Ventrue also share**** one other is dancing...which I do not immediately assume Toreador, where as if she were some form of artist in a traditional sense I would go for it.) which would tell me right there she is most likely not a Toreador. Astrid on the other hand, could well be a Toreador. Sharon does not have celerity (in at least two circumstances when speed was displayed she was lacking in that department) and does not have Auspex (MC has far better senses than her as demonstrated on a couple of occasions when she missed clues and or outright couldn't isolate the morgue freezer Astrid was in. She does have presence (which she uses to get attention and is a Ventrue trait as well) does not require eye contact. Domination at the levels she has access to 100% requires the the eye contact that she needs with her green script power.

Ventrue are not fighters. They are politicians. Fortitude is handy in surviving assassination attempts. She definitely has something like a high fortitude to survive long enough to get the blood from the MC several minutes later back at the house. MC had nothing to do with her surviving the attack, just recovering.

Vampfu- if Lilith myth is in play, and the lily white short haired dream vision girl is supposedly her, then something is seriously wrong with the creation myth. I believe she is a Methuselah very strongly. I am hoping that the author / dev team will learn from the source material company's own folly in introducing the apocalyptic powered vampires and other things in their stories around 15-20 years ago.

The safest bet is to approach the vision girl as no more powerful than a 4th generation Methuselah, who is either manipulating her own bloodline to do things, or simply doing what the Methuselah below Vancouver Canada was doing in pulling puppet strings for the benefit of lining up snacks for when it did wake up. Otherwise we are looking at nuclear detonations at some point... Looking for specks of the Ravnos Antediluvian here........

Reactions: Erdan88

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Why is that? She's just a know nothing human with a dislike for Vamps. She's no threat.
Carmen is extremely likable in my book.
She tried to talk down meathead from staking the MC. She freaked out and hates vampires because her love Vincent was murdered, presumably by a vampire. She is opening up to the MC. I kinda dig her.

4run7

May 21, 2020
I´m wondering, shouldn´t update 7 be out already? I´m sorry for asking, but I like the game and am a little worried

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
For all the back and forth of what gen, what clan and so on are all the vamps in here. Can we simple agree to disagree?:p
It is interesting to read (to some extend) your theorie, who are all based on forbidden source material. But at some point, well...

For what I believe we know, is that Rebirth is strongly influenced from obvious source material. But we all don't know if it follow it to a T or not.
For the whole gen apsect nothing in the game gives a hint if it is following this concept (other than the strongly influence from source material).
For the clans, there is more to it. We have the Nos, some they call them "Wolf boys" and it wouldn't be a suprise if they are others. Yet without the Nos, the aren't, I think, any strong connection to the source material.

For story reasons, I would much dislike, if some overpowered fractions have us on their string and all thing we do is orchestrate and we are only front-seat passenger.
I also wouldn't like if the MC would rise to an overpower being so he could do and kill anybody with a single glance of him.
So far the VN hasn't disappoint me and it looks that the MC have a hand in his own future, but also have his obstacle to overcome.

Yet, in contrast to Ayhsel, I do believe that we are a piece on a big chessboard, but with more than only two player. Perhaps someday the MC will rise to be one of the player and not one of the piece.

And for the sex, I do support Arigon explanation. Most sex would be here between a human (thrall or not) and other humans or vampire, but not inbetween vampire. Also most likely it is more a reward/pleasure for the humans than the vampire.

I´m wondering, shouldn´t update 7 be out already? I´m sorry for asking, but I like the game and am a little worried
No, this month no blood. Next update is next month.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Neither is it sane to dig up something so powerful that it will be able to do whatever it wants with you and so hungry that it will almost certainly drain you dry as its first act upon awaking.
I would definitely dig her out and let her do whatever she wants with me. Sucking me dry included.
Any chick that tries to snuff me is off my good girl list :LOL: :p
I said it before and I repeat it. It may not be healthy, but if anything that makes me want her even more.
The Rose is symbolic of many things including the Toreador. Perhaps one of the most nicely done overtures would be the association of the Amaranth/Diablerie with the first victim (according to some literature) which was a Toreador named Amarantha. Red Orchids and other flowers have been associated with Diablerie and while we have the rose in the lower left hand corner of the screen, I do not think we should read into it overly much that Sharon is a Toreador. Now perhaps when she epically throws down with Astrid and then devours her heart's blood, that would be some great stuff there.
I have the feeling that the Rose has no real symbol here. Maybe a combination of something beautiful (vampires) and red (blood)?
Sharon displays none of the Toreador non mystical traits, (other than some vanity which Ventrue also share) which would tell me right there she is definitely NOT a Toreador. Astrid on the other hand, could well be a Toreador. Sharon does not have celerity (in at least two circumstances when speed was displayed she was lacking in that department) and does not have Auspex (MC has far better senses than her as demonstrated on a couple of occasions when she missed clues and or outright couldn't isolate the morgue freezer Astrid was in. She does have presence (which she uses to get attention and is a Ventrue trait as well) does not require eye contact. Domination at the levels she has access to 100% requires the the eye contact that she needs with her green script power.
The first time Astrid is shown, Sharon mentioned something about her kind being able to look like that. For some reason that suggested Tzimisce.
Carmen is extremely likable in my book.
She tried to talk down meathead from staking the MC. She freaked out and hates vampires because her love Vincent was murdered, presumably by a vampire. She is opening up to the MC. I kinda dig her.
Seriously looks like a nice girl under my radar.

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
Respectfully disagree
Caine is original vampire cursed by Gawd. Lilith is myth thrown in to certain of the mixes as a co founder, or a 4th 2nd generation of the vampires.
Caine is first murder, Lilith is also cursed she dont have generation simple put 0 :) associated with Lucifer and other demons Caine will not have powers without Lilith Blood when he drink from her, angel come to him and curse him even more then Caine is Reborn again like true Damned Vampire :) generation mean nothing even demons can lower your gen if you make deal with them many vampires are done that but with great cost... from the beginning she try to kill him because of betrayal and he hide from her in depths of earth Bali Clan as a whole are demon worshipers and they are not born from Caine but from Nargal demon and Molock or the Unnamed... as for the players in Rebirth Lilith is Bloody Queen her path is Crimson road or path of Blood when she always call you to walk with her when you drink or dream of her, story mixed with VTM and real Occult. Rebirth is Lilith's path story. Caine come to Lilith seeking shelter he drink her blood and Caine become what is today in story of VTM, she teaches him blood bond him with her blood he discovers everything and again betrayal :) his curse is only to kill and his children kill each other (Beast) as for Caine curse he is in the beginning only walking copse with hunger to kill nothing more :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar and Arigon
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes