4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I don't think so. I think the only real old girls are Calisto and the red dream girl.
I think it's just an expression. Quick google search of the phrase brought me to a quote from The Lion in Winter. A movie from 1968.
Could be and I don't have anything against to agree if I'm wrong. But with how the game is, I'm not sure that this mystery will be solved in the next update.

Another thing I throw in it. Why is Sharon so giggling happy about being made an Achron? Could it be that she like to have this title when her Sire (yes, I'm sold on this) Astrid didn't have a title at all even though she is much older than Sharon?
And now she thinks that with this she has the upper hand against her?

The more I think about Sharon and Astrid/(Madea) I think we will have some serious fuck up to clear up soon.

Last edited:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
BTW, is anyone else wondering if Sharon might be Astrid's childe? I've got to throw that possibility out there although I'm feeling a bit ambivalent on this one. Gregor calling Sharon Astrid's "greatest disappointment" and saying that she was disgusted with Sharon right now set me to wondering. There is definitely a story of some sort there between them however...

Finally, does anyone know what Gregor meant by "Madea to the teeth."?????? That line left me scratching my head. A Google search has me wondering if this is a pop culture reference to a 2019 film, A Madea Family Funeral.

View attachment 1058032
Sharon stated that she got turned shorty before the incident with Andrews daughter IIRC. Also I don't think she knew Astrid at that time. Might've came after.
Yup. I recall that too.

What was it that gave you that impression?

Yup. It's only Astrid's wording as passed on by Gregor that's making me wonder.
So Medea killed her own children out of anger at the father/lover. Interesting.

So why does Astrid think of Medea regarding Sharon? Sharon turned Astrid, essentially killing her, and she resents her for it? Seems unlikely, I don't recall but I don't think Sharon is that much older than Astrid is she?
Think I'm gonna have to go through the game again, I don't remember it well enough. OR brush up on my Greek mythology lol.

Still, very curious why Astrid would refer to Sharon as Medea.
Good find
Medea to the teeth.... So, it could be that what he is saying is that it is total war between Astrid (grrrrr BigStuffedTiger making me rethink) so Astrid may be saying, that she is pulling off the gloves and now it is death to her childe Sharon??!
That would totally mess with one of my major theories, but it also makes things interesting in other ways.
Time to go read more Greek and Norse history. I keep after Norse because Astrid is directly a figure from Norse mythology, whose name means Beautiful Goddess.... which she is a doll, no doubt....
More to follow I am sure.
I think that Sharon is Astrids childe.

With the reference to the Greeks goods again, my theory is simple:
Sharon is Astrid childe. Sharon and Astrid nearly blood bounded each other (at least from MC vision it looks likely), but some major leftdown occured. Like that Sharon helped Andrews daughter against the rule of the Camarilla and it comes out. Therefore Sharon was punished and Astrid as her sire also.

From what I know about Astrid this was against her core principle she has and likely try to teach to Sharon. Therefore she is on vengeance. And thus "Madea to the teeth" would fit.

Yet my loose end is, if this is true than Astrid could even be the real Madea. Nothing here yet that make this impossible. But this means that she is, along with Callisto and Artemis one of the very old vampire and another Methuselah.
Would make her very dangerous and probably the only one, beside Artemis, that have a chance against Callisto.

So either we would have three Methuselah (Astrid/Madea, Callisto and Artemis) or three Methuselah (Astrid/Madea, Callisto and MC) and an Antediluvian (Artemis). If so, I think the game will have some epic cluster fucked shit level with all this power players here.:cautious:

Much likely the catfights will become deadly before long.:devilish:
Could be and I don't have anything against to agree if I'm wrong. But with how the game is, I'm not sure that this mystery will be solved in the next update.

Another thing I throw in it. Why is Sharon so giggling happy about being made an Achron? Could it be that she like to have this title when her Sire (yes, I'm sold on this) Astrid didn't have a title at all even though she is much older than Sharon?
And now she thinks that with this she has the upper hand against her?

The more I think about Sharon and Astrid/(Madea) I think we hwill have some serious fuck up to clear up soon.
crazy theory but what if Astrid was Sharon's mentor after the latter was turned, same way Sharon babysits MC ? During that time Astrid flesh crafted Sharon's apperance to suit her powers better. At one point Merric said that Sharon on the inside is just like the nos... so maybe he knows about how Sharon looked originally... and this is where the disappointment would derive from. Unlike Astrid, Sharon is clinging to her humanity which to Astrid would look as a waste of her effort and help. and if Astrid thinks that Sharon is teaching the same crap to the MC that could be what was ment by that Madea remark. after all Gregor wasn't hostile to the MC.

Reactions: DA22

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
crazy theory but what if Astrid was Sharon's mentor after the latter was turned, same way Sharon babysits MC ? During that time Astrid flesh crafted Sharon's apperance to suit her powers better. At one point Merric said that Sharon on the inside is just like the nos... so maybe he knows about how Sharon looked originally... and this is where the disappointment would derive from. Unlike Astrid, Sharon is clinging to her humanity which to Astrid would look as a waste of her effort and help. and if Astrid thinks that Sharon is teaching the same crap to the MC that could be what was ment by that Madea remark. after all Gregor wasn't hostile to the MC.
Astrid seems to know about the MC vampire lineage. The only other that now this or had some notion of this were Calisto, Calistos cohort and the feral nos until now.

All the other seems to know nothing about the MC lineage. This is for me a strong hint that Astrid is a lot more than she seem to be and likely much older and powerful than she want to be appaer at first looks. Something Arigon say at least in every second post of his.:sneaky:

And if Sharon has the same ability to fleshshape like Astrid the possibility that she is Astrid childe is there. So I give back to Arigon for the analyse from the WoD point of view.:whistle:

Last edited:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Astrid seems to know about the MC vampire lineage. The only other that now this or had some notion of this were Calisto, Calistos cohort and the feral nos until now.

All the other seems to know nothing about the MC lineage. This is for me a strong hint that Astrid is a lot more than she seem to be and likely much older and powerful than she want to be appaer at first looks. Something Arigon say at least in every second post of his.:sneaky:

And if Sharon has the same ability to fleshshape like Astrid the possibility that she is Astrid childe is there. So I give pack to Arigon for the analyse from the WoD point of view.:whistle:
one problem with that theory is that for someone so old and powrful, Astrid makes too many fatal mistakes... like going into day mode outside of her haven

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
one problem with that theory is that for someone so old and powrful, Astrid makes too many fatal mistakes... like going into day mode outside of her haven
That is the major weak point of it.

Only if she is the biggest air head around the globe, this could counter that.
Or this is only a facade of her and she act like this because if she would act "proper" to her age, then it would be utterly boring and if I understand correct that is one of the weakness of being so old as any of the older vampires are. Become bored with everything.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
If you've watched True Blood, you can think of Bill as a 9th or 10th gen, Eric Northman as an 8th gen, his sire as a 7th gen, and Russell as a 6th gen. Basically, 6th gens are insanely powerful, but 5th and 4th gens would make even 6th gens look weak in comparison (like we're talking 6th gens being the equivalent of Hulk and Thor from Infinity War, and then the 5th gen would equal Thanos with a few infinity stones level of power).
That makes alot more sense so if got like a 1000 yrs on him he could kill most vampires that we know in rebirth except Calisto
Basicly russel in infant stage

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
basically my MC is keeping up with the family tradition by wanting to kill his own mommy, right?
Family traditions, where do you catch this up? MC is Calistos childe, that is a fact. So, if this would be an family tradition then Calisto would must have killed her sire, who is probably what we called Artemis. But we don't know that for sure and neither do we know if Calisto killed her sire.
Sharon discovered that Astrid killed Andrews daughter and Astrid did not turn her in to the archon for breaking the rules, that is why Sharon is such a disappointment to Astrid, and yet she could not turn her in, so she is trying to hurt her for revenge by messing the MC? Or Astrid killing Andrews daughter is a sort of revenge because she is a disapointment?
Again, I don't know where do you picked this up. All we know is that according to Sharon Andrews daughter was serious ill and she has given Andrews daugther her own blood for some time. Then someone snitch on Sharon and she had to leave the Archon lands for this. Who was it that has given someone a tip that Sharon is braking the rules, we don't know. All that was written there is that Sharon and Astrid were at some time in their life very close and almost from an mutual blood bound togheter.
would be fun in the coronation if Calisto goes all out on the party draining her power and then the MC comes in kills his own mommy and as he is about to drink her power grand mommy shows up drinks Calisto dry and thanks the MC for fulfilling Hera curse so that now Great mommy as no more need to fear!
Actually would be lame in my eyes. If Artemis shows up, eliminate everybody including Calisto, then the MC would be Artemis lackey or end up death. Why? If Artemis in on a power trip and eliminate everyone that could be a thread to her, why spare him as he also would be a possible thread?
Would be fun if Astrid who is clearly hundreads of years was to be enthralled to the MC a vampire not even 1 month old, also why would a lord like Carius be so interested in such a nobody as the archon? seriously its like a duke caring about a mayor or a knight, they are too much of a small fish...
We don't know how old Astrid is. In that regard, we don't know the age of almost everyone. Sharon is a teenager in vampire years, that is confirmed. MC is a baby. And Calisto may or may not be a few thousand year old. That is not a clear stated fact, but is hinted and she let it slip sometimes about the good old days. Yet we don't know her age and I've learned that is impolite to ask a lady about her age.:D
Also as someone counted how many times as the MC drank from Sharon and how many times as Sharon drank from the MC? and their generation counts towards how many times they need to drink? i image a single drop of the true beast would be enough to enthrall someone as weak as Sharon... i suspect they both enthralled each other already or Sharon is trying to enthrall the MC not understanding that thanks to his blood strength she would have to feed him her own blood for like 1 month!
I think they both have drinked two times from each other. From what I read from our local VTM experts, no the number of drinks isn't affected, but the form of the blood bound.
could his power lead him to be able to stay awake during the day? if he could all he had to do was introduce himself during the night wait for the sunrise and then go Anakin Skywalker on all the assholes!
Hopefully not. Would make the story serious lame in my eyes and wouldn't fit the Rebirth from the things we know until now.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
answering in general, also run out of likes.

I strongly doubt Astrid is a few millenniums old. Centuries? totally, but there is no way she is from the time of ancient Greek. If that was the case, her control over the archon would be almost absolute. While age not only makes you more powerful, it increases the likelihood of being of lower gen.

So Astrid from ancient Greek would be say 7th gen with a 2000 years? and she is not able to truly control the archon?
My guess is that Astrid is around 500-1000, even potentially younger. From the visions MC had, Sharon was very close to her and I doubt Sharon personality changed much. This open to two possibilities: either Astrid was once a cute little vamp whose values were close to Sharon (like not pure evil abla bla bla) or Astrid was hiding her true nature.

One way or the other, it does not fit for me that Astrid is an overpowerful vamp. I'd say 8-9 gen and around 500-1000 at most.

And I doubt she knows what MC is. I think there are two things at hand for her desire for MC (unfortunately, none are because she wants his dick:(). First, simply to hurt Sharon. Second, she most likely subconsciously feels MC's power. So for some reason she feels the need to keep him for her, probably thinking she is doing it to hurt Sharon. But there is no way she knows exactly what MC is neither she is so ridiculously powerful. If that was the case, why the need to make something so complex as using the hunters? Just go and retrieve MC by pure power.

I strongly doubt Astrid will die soon. I do believe, she will keep playing an important role, but she is at most a second degree villain here. In fact, I still support the idea she may be one of those characters whose allegiance is simply her own and might do what she needs now and then, for or against MC. So she will play an ally in the future and potentially betraying us. Things like that.

Thing is, they have spent quite an important asset creating her. Not only her model is absolutely gorgeous, too gorgeous to use it to kill her so soon, but they also invest in some "clothing" for her. If they simply wanted a character to kill so soon, they could have use a simpler, more common design. Yet, they went with this total babe and even get to make her showcase how good all the costumes fit her? nahh.. she is here to stay.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I strongly doubt Astrid is a few millenniums old. Centuries? totally, but there is no way she is from the time of ancient Greek. If that was the case, her control over the archon would be almost absolute. While age not only makes you more powerful, it increases the likelihood of being of lower gen.
I'm not sure myself. But one tiny hint point in this direction.
From the visions MC had, Sharon was very close to her and I doubt Sharon personality changed much. This open to two possibilities: either Astrid was once a cute little vamp whose values were close to Sharon (like not pure evil abla bla bla) or Astrid was hiding her true nature.
I'm suprised you say that Astrid was not pure evil? I learn something new everyday. Astrid is a Astrid and the day I would believe Astrid was at some time in her life the same "pure" soul than Sharon, the day I would be convinced that humanity won't destroy themself.:ROFLMAO:
Second, she most likely subconsciously feels MC's power.
That is the point. If Astrid is not somhow special, why does she feel that the MC's power and not any other than her. Like this vampire elder that was their when Sharon and punished for the MC's wrongdoing.
Why is it only Astrid?
If that was the case, why the need to make something so complex as using the hunters? Just go and retrieve MC by pure power.
Because she is afraid of someone, e.g. Calisto? If Astrid is old and powerful, why would she be in this specific region? My bet would be cause she have some unfinished business from that time ago and Calisto would fit in the time period. Yet if Astrid is not as powerful as Calisto she wouldn't operate in the open, therefore she have to act through others and remain in the shadows.
Same can go for Calisto if she would openly search for Astrid to finaly end her, then the world of some very powerful vampires would arise and action always lead to reaction.
I don't think that Calisto fears anyone here, but in the whole word? I woudn't be sure about this.
I strongly doubt Astrid will die soon. I do believe, she will keep playing an important role, but she is at most a second degree villain here. In fact, I still support the idea she may be one of those characters whose allegiance is simply her own and might do what she needs now and then, for or against MC.
I doubt it too and a majority of me think that she will be with us for some time, but some of me see that she fuck up to much and will be killed as outcome of her own errors.

Also the thing, why the MC was selected as the DJ at Calistos temple is still a mistery. I doubt that this is a mere coincidence. We know Cassandra, his boss is also a vampire. So, we have mere coincidence, Cassandra, Astrid, some of Calisto own cohort or a fourth party, who has selected him as the DJ.

Reactions: Ayhsel and D Dog

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
is there a reason why the MC always wakes earlier then Sharon and sleeps after she falls asleep? or it might be a ploy by Sharon to see how he behaves? its quite constant and being an age thing makes litle sense since Sharon is a teenager!
It says in the game, that it is the age. And teenager means that she is a vampire for only a few decades.;)
But with the MC lineage it could very much be the same for Calisto and thus would be a blood thing.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
I'd place Astrid at anywhere between Sharon's age (70), and 500. Most likely she's between 100 and 250, which would make her either an oldish ancilla (teen/young adult vamp) or a very young elder. That's the vibe I get from her. That would explain her alliance with Archon Marcius, putting them at around the same age, or maybe with her slightly younger. He's more physically oriented while she's more socially oriented, so she's the pretty thing on his arm that's continually whispering advice in his ear, and manipulating him to get (and get away with) what she wants.

Reactions: Arigon and Erdan88

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I'm suprised you say that Astrid was not pure evil? I learn something new everyday. Astrid is a Astrid and the day I would believe Astrid was at some time in her life the same "pure" soul than Sharon, the day I would be convinced that humanity won't destroy themself.:ROFLMAO:
Well.. i was just following logic. if you ask me what I believe? Maybe she was evil but not that evil? I actually think she was very evil altogether, but some comments Sharon made when they go fetch her at the morgue seem to suggest she has become like this more recently.
That is the point. If Astrid is not somhow special, why does she feel that the MC's power and not any other than her. Like this vampire elder that was their when Sharon and punished for the MC's wrongdoing.
Why is it only Astrid?
She can be more attune. Being say 1000 years old and lower generation could make her more suscetible than our teen babysitter Sharon, without her being something on Calisto's league
Because she is afraid of someone, e.g. Calisto? If Astrid is old and powerful, why would she be in this specific region? My bet would be cause she have some unfinished business from that time ago and Calisto would fit in the time period. Yet if Astrid is not as powerful as Calisto she wouldn't operate in the open, therefore she have to act through others and remain in the shadows.
Same can go for Calisto if she would openly search for Astrid to finaly end her, then the world of some very powerful vampires would arise and action always lead to reaction.
I don't think that Calisto fears anyone here, but in the whole word? I woudn't be sure about this.
Thing is... I doubt Astrid is playing such a complex game. She is too exposed, appearing next to the Archon, who in several times defy her? Was she so powerful that even having Calisto as her enemy, she would be alive meant she should not be afraid neither need such schemes. Calisto clearly knows of Astrid as she knows of the Archon and can manipulate what happens there and Astrid is exposing herself too much..
I really think Astrid and Calisto have nothing to do. Only reason her paths will cross is that both want MC.
Also the thing, why the MC was selected as the DJ at Calistos temple is still a mistery. I doubt that this is a mere coincidence. We know Cassandra, his boss is also a vampire. So, we have mere coincidence, Cassandra, Astrid, some of Calisto own cohort or a fourth party, who has selected him as the DJ.
My explanation (and desire) is simple: pure chance.. The guy that was supposed to go could not, so being a vampire, they ask Cassandra who suggested MC as he is quite good. Assuming Cassandra has any idea how powerful Calisto group is, you would not want to suggest a random guy.
I will be damned if we go the road "this was all some super scheme.." as everything that followed suggested otherwise: mc was born as a vampire by pure chance...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I'd place Astrid at anywhere between Sharon's age (70), and 500. Most likely she's between 100 and 250, which would make her either an oldish ancilla (teen/young adult vamp) or a very young elder. That's the vibe I get from her. That would explain her alliance with Archon Marcius, putting them at around the same age, or maybe with her slightly younger. He's more physically oriented while she's more socially oriented, so she's the pretty thing on his arm that's continually whispering advice in his ear, and manipulating him to get (and get away with) what she wants.
Yes! this is the vibe she gives me too. I went through bigger age as the most I could imagine.. like 500 already feels too much but sure.. I can give you that if we are saying she is simply playing some larger role. But there is no way she is in the thousands... no way.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Kassandra was trying to get something out of Calisto? if she knows her well enough she could recognize whatever it is that triggers her! i mean she shamelessly asked for a boon from Sharon instead of the MC himself.

that means she does not expect him to stick around for long, and she knows who he is because she arranged for it!
But asking from Sharon means she expect Sharon to last longer or that she already knew Sharon would be well rewarded for her babysitting job with the MC!

Perhaps she and cuz temple decided to cook something up and found an excuse to get a rill out of Calist!

Can also be "love" for her and trying to entertain her instead of letting her go out of boredom!

Also Lord Carius, what the hell is he doing? he must sense somethings up!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Don't know. Nothing set in stone (yet).
The bon was for Laurie to be able to work for her even when Laurie has fucked up with her job.
And I would also rather ask the bon from Sharon than from Sharons stepson. Sharon is known, I believe well integrated and has good connections, where the MC is only a blank card in a deck. Could become the next prince, but also be dead in the next days.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Astrid- I have, as has been noted, stated that Astrid is not what she appears to be.
I am trying to wrap my head around Astrid and Sharon being linked by blood. Not blood bonded since Sharon discussed that she "almost, once" was close but never totally thralled. BigStuffedTiger got me thinking about the relationship. I am still digging and thinking.
The comment Merrick made about Sharon and the others being ugly on the inside as opposed to the Nos showing their beast nature on the outside is a classic source material reference. All vampires are blood hunting beasts, at least the Nos and the Gangrel show this outwardly, while the rest have it in their natures/brains/souls/whatever.

I like the theory of Astrid showing the ropes to a younger Sharon, and they develop a relationship, which was one sided as Sharon was and is more pure and Astrid was simply attempting to mold another tool for her kit. My question for all of this is why is it seemingly normal in this city for vampires to be abandoned by their sires to be trained by others? That is definitely not kosher.

Age wise for Astrid....she could be masquerading very well, and appearing younger than she is... My theory is she is from the Norse pantheon of vampires, and is something like a Tzimisce here to thwart and or spy on our Greek pantheon vampires. As such she Could be very old, possibly bordering on ancient, or she could be relatively old but not ancient. She is powerful...maybe 7th generation, possibly close to 1000 years old, this would let the Norse legends still apply.
Lots to consider. Several of the more prolific posters on this thread have so many interesting points, I would be typing out their stuff for a long time, so I will just say I have a lot that I am trying to process here, and put into the context of the original game and this game and the Greek&Norse pantheons....
Love this stuff.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ayhsel and c3p0

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
basically my MC is keeping up with the family tradition by wanting to kill his own mommy, right?
death by snu snu dpesn't count..
drink her power grand mommy shows up drinks Calisto dry and thanks the MC for fulfilling Hera curse so that now Great mommy as no more need to fe
if granny were to wake up, she would first need to drain the one waking her...
Also as someone counted how many times as the MC drank from Sharon and how many times as Sharon drank from the MC? and their generation counts towards how many times they need to drink? i image a single drop of the true beast would be enough to enthrall someone as weak as Sharon... i suspect they both enthralled each other already or Sharon is trying to enthrall the MC not understanding that thanks to his blood strength she would have to feed him her own blood for like 1 month!
the number of drinks is fixed but the effect can vary depending on the generation...
unfortunately, none are because she wants his dick:()
never lose hope.
Thing is, they have spent quite an important asset creating her.
besides the dev is called LikesBlondes... unless that was ironic, they won't kill the hottest blonde in the game.
is there a reason why the MC always wakes earlier then Sharon and sleeps after she falls asleep? or it might be a ploy by Sharon to see how he behaves? its quite constant and being an age thing makes litle sense since Sharon is a teenager!

i might be wrong!
could be because of his blondline's power that makes him more resilient to daytime's torpor.
Age wise for Astrid....she could be masquerading very well, and appearing younger than she is... My theory is she is from the Norse pantheon of vampires, and is something like a Tzimisce here to thwart and or spy on our Greek pantheon vampires. As such she Could be very old, possibly bordering on ancient, or she could be relatively old but not ancient. She is powerful...maybe 7th generation, possibly close to 1000 years old, this would let the Norse legends still apply.
Lots to consider. Several of the more prolific posters on this thread have so many interesting points, I would be typing out their stuff for a long time, so I will just say I have a lot that I am trying to process here, and put into the context of the original game and this game and the Greek&Norse pantheons....
I'll humor your idea of Astrid being in reality a male vampire, and add to that the norse god Loki; the trickster was known for changing genders... Astrid (by the way Ayhsel the game Vinland has a blonde girl called Astrid) could've been his chide's childe's childe... circa 1000 years and a 7-9 gen but still dum enough to blurt out her plans in the open.... that could be interesting

• Wow
Reactions: Arigon and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
By the way, guys, those of you that have not played it yet, might want to play Alexandra. It is from the same writer as Rebirth, and while obviously it is not as good, it is quite interesting in my opinion..

Even more, there is something going on that so far it is unresolved, but that could potentially connect both stories... it is a far shot, but game itself is quite interesting and if anything, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I mean, I extremely doubt it will be the case, I am simply letting my imagination run wild... almost surely too wild. But again, I think Alexandra is quite a nice novel, so if you have not played it, you will most likely enjoy it.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes