4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Carmen is not much of a threat at this point. Even if you are a douche to her, the kiss she got, made her weak in a lot of ways, and the fact she is still alive and you helped get Gregor back go a long way. While no one is 100% trustworthy in a vampire society, I think it is safe to put Carmen way down on threat level as I have stated that in my opinion, even more than Sharon or Laurie, I think Carmen is on an emotional slide to fall for the MC. I also think that she and Laurie will make a very good team for the MC. The only reason I gave her and Laurie threat ratings at all was because the MC would not expect it from those two.. If he hurries up and thralls Carmen and keeps both of them treated well, I think he is safe from them.

I also think that the humanity of our MC is going to be taking a beating in the not too distant future. Stay tuned!
Carmen on her own (and probably even with Gregor as well, given the state that he's in) is less of a threat to MC.
But all of Carmen's actions till now of cooperating with the MC has been on condition of getting Gregor back (and now that's updated to getting his mind back to normal).

But what happens when Gregor breaks free of what Astrid did to him and Carmen no longer has any reason to be allying with MC & Sharon?
Also, what if she gets contacted by the rest of the Hunters out there somehow (and they find out where she has been all this time and what she has been doing)?
Because while she did start really warming to MC, till now from what I can remember of her in previous updates of episode 2, her actions were predominantly (if not all) for Gregor, and there haven't been any situation where she acted for MC's sake.

So I feel that sort of possible situation in the future (more encounters with hunters, possibly veterans though I'm not sure that's something that LB has in mind), is why I think the way MC has been reacting to her has been reasonable, even though some question his aptitude and also may see as someone who has trust issues.

Because when push comes to shove, MC doesn't know yet where Carmen's loyalty would truly lie (I mean, how could he? It's not like he actively tried to read her mind to find out what her plans are after Gregor fully recovers).
And that I think people are dismissing too easily.

No actions by Carmen yet to show firmly she's on MC's side, so unless he thralls her as you said with the condition that she's treated well, that uncertainty that hangs will always leave me with a question mark regarding "Who is she really loyal to?" and treat her as an unknown possible threat (even though by herself, her threat level will be really, really low).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhsel and Dom_D

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
It's funny that we sort of agree on the MC being a dumbass for different reasons. I know you disagree, but to me its painfully obvious that Laurie has a higher social IQ than he does. It's a major part of why they were such great partners as DJ's. He handled the music selection while she handled the audience.
I think Laurie as she is is MC's most valuable asset. first of all she's as you said really social and has a good read on people. Plus in scottstown not everything will have nighttime hours. plu with her autonomous thinking she is a better thrall than Gregor or even Andrew.

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Also, what if she gets contacted by the rest of the Hunters out there somehow (and they find out where she has been all this time and what she has been doing)?
her only contact with the hunters died in that ambush and it was an amateur. if other hunters show up it won't be because of Carmen
ere haven't been any situation where she acted for MC's sake.
she willingly let him feed of her.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
My main problem is MC nowhere a "Pepé Le Pew with fangs" as he calls himself, and you can't act as one, even if you make the "evil" choices. Way to fast from naked Carmen in the cage to where we are standing now. I want to casually pull down Laurie's top, bite her boob and drink a little, then pull it back during the day, just to make her know her place. :devilish:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FunFuntomes

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
My main problem is MC nowhere a "Pepé Le Pew with fangs" as he calls himself, and you can't act as one, even if you make the "evil" choices. Way to fast from naked Carmen in the cage to where we are standing now. I want to casually pull down Laurie's top, bite her boob and drink a little, then pull it back during the day, just to make her know her place. :devilish:
Until some payoff actually takes place, I'm not sure any of those "evil" choices weren't just flavor. So far the story has been very linear.

And it would be hard not to be so when MC is barely allowed by the story to think and act for himself. Even in this one, the moment he was about to take initiative and act towards his own interests, Mistress came to tug on his leash before he could utter a word. I think dev intended for Astrid's words to be insults by they were 100% true.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
her only contact with the hunters died in that ambush and it was an amateur. if other hunters show up it won't be because of Carmen

she willingly let him feed of her.
With the hunters, I'm not even sure if they will come into play, but even if it's not due to Carmen, if they make an appearance, I'm getting the feeling they might somehow find out (perhaps they have each hunter's record or something).

Regarding that feeding scene, well MC didn't leave her with much of a choice lol

This is their conversation (even if you choose to be nice to her):

MC: Speaking of not being a humanitarian, I need to feed.
Carmen: Do I have a choice in the matter?
MC: It is what it is.

Then she relents.
It's not like she said "Oh, you can feed me." from the beginning.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FunFuntomes

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
That one should only be a prize for good behaviour though, don't spoil her even more!! ;)

The MC is not doing much anyway. Even in this update when he was finally about to talk with Sharon...

MC: Sharon

Sharon: Yes?

MC: I was just talking to...

MC: Hmmm.

MC: Are you ok?

S: I guess.

S: Who were you talking to? (actually there is a TYPO here in the game, I noticed now the "too")

MC: Carmen. But nevermind for now.

And then he goes on caring just about her emotions... instead than talking about something which could be much more important, and he didn't even ask what the Princeps asked her about in private. :unsure:

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
But I think he's learning little by little being more wary of his surroundings and being more careful thus being less naive than he used to be.
Well, not really. Fabian needed to intervened and warn him again to not tell random people or use in public Callistos name.
This for me shows, that our MC has a lot to learn yet, but he is learning.
Fabian- Agent Provocateur for Calisto's Sect. He is a mole. They do not know of his ties to her, and they want it that way. Calisto is very likely analogous to a Cardinal of the Sabbat (NOT saying that she and her folks are Sabbat like, just that it is a separate sect from the Princeps and the other folk of the city which are semi Camarilla like) Fabian is likely to be dangerous to both teams. (and more dangerous to "Our" team)
Fabian- 6 Because he is possibly playing both sides... Or if he is not the same generation as the MC then he may want to take a stab at drinking him down himself. Fabian could turn out to be a very powerful ally also. I kind of hope he takes a stab at us, so we can actually drink him down.
Don't think so, I think he is more a personal guard of Callisto and loyal servant. If he wanted to betray us, he could have done it before, could withhold information or give us false ones. But until now, he is very loyal and I don't think this will change.
Virgil-10 I am betting Virgil is fricking Roman Empire or Republic in origin, making him 2000+/- years old. I am thinking he is probably a generation higher (weaker) than the MC but is much older. This should make him the HIM......apologies to @Ayhsel for causing shrinkage regarding Astrid. Though she would be more interesting the way I posit. If Virgil was the thing in the woods, things start to get very interesting. He has some inkling that the MC is something dangerous to him, possibly the only thing in the city that might be a threat (barring Calisto and the Ancient) What if Virgil wants to dig up Vision Girl and snack her down??? It would then make sense for Vision Girl to have her forces start maneuvering to defend her.
I agree with you, Virgil is way more dangerous than the Princeps. Princeps is only a mere pawn on the big board, perhaps a bishop or knight. Don't believe that he is more. Virgil is at least a rook and a dangerous one too. As you say, he only use the Princeps for his own game and we will have clash.

And for the Princeps himself, I think the same. He most likely has given Sharon the first dose of his blood and that pisses me off. So either way both of them are on my death list now.

Last edited:

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
well... no choices again and stats are still useless :-(
I am hoping the stats are intended for the long game. We are approaching the halfway point story wise according to the dev. Up until this point there hasn't been much or any need to utilize the stats. I do agree though that more choices would be good, but I am content to see how things pan out.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well, not really. Fabian needed to intervened and warn him again to not random people and in public Callistos name.
This for me shows, that our MC has a lot to learn yet, but he is learning.
Yeah, I do remember Fabian telling him "Careful noone finds out (Callisto is his sire), or they'll suck you dry."
Granted, at the investiture, MC was only asking where Callisto is, but most other vampires would still likely raise their eyebrows and put two and two together. So that wasn't very smart.

So no doubt MC is stil green, like Callisto said at their meeting, but he's learning the Vampire society's ways and is getting better, little by little.

Reactions: Ayhsel

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I am hoping the stats are intended for the long game. We are approaching the halfway point story wise according to the dev. Up until this point there hasn't been much or any need to utilize the stats. I do agree though that more choices would be good, but I am content to see how things pan out.
I wonder if LB will use a turn based battle system like the one used in Ataegina. Hmmm :unsure:
So far, choices have been either how we treat the girls or few others, use discovered abilities or not, and few others like Roland deep bow or nod in the recent event.

With choices, it would be great if they are very consequential that multiple paths can get branched out as result of the choice, but I'm not sure that is something that can be done to much extent in this game (though I could be wrong about that).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
very nice update but again so short.

carmen could be sharon's relative by the looks.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I am not opposed to Laurie going against MC's instructions and being a compassionate person. The problem is in the presentation. She comes off more as naive and careless. She should have tried to explain that it was for his own good if Carmen feels safe. Thralls are required to put their master's well being above those of others. A properly characterized Laurie would be great. It would give Casus Belli for us to take away more and more of her agency by getting her addicted to blood, since she is acting out too much and being a potential danger. We could also be more supportive and go on the love path since she is just doing what she thinks is best for MC (like Andrew's actions earlier).

The problem with her now is that she comes across as dim witted and childish. This makes it hard for her to be seen as someone worthy as a love interest. It also makes us kinda assholes who threat her like shit if on the slave route. Kinda like kicking a kid we are baby sitting for not listening to us.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
...With choices, it would be great if they are very consequential...
I would settle with choices just being consequential even if not very. At this point it plays like being an observer to an NPC's story.

That doofus of an "MC' didn't even think to ask what happened with the Princips.

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
got this right after naming the save for part 3, I even tried going back to when just met Miri and replaying and still got it
That value doesn't have a default and is only set on the path where you use the whisper power on Miri, so anyone who doesn't will hit that bug.
You could fix it with "mirisex1 = False" at the console before you hit the endgame save.

• Red Heart
Reactions: belovedeggs
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes