4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
While I am in agreement that Garou are tough, they are far from immortal. One can be chewed up by axes past the point of regeneration of wounds and then behead it and poof no more werewolf. It has a finite amount of rage, just like vampires have a finite amount of vitae. I detailed, in my post above the average damage a werewolf would do with one hit. Assuming a middle of the road Philodox. In one hit, it would do 4-5 wound levels, and Sharon whom I believe to be Ventrue will get a chance to soak down that number. If she had a lot of Fortitude she could make that fight last all night.. and the werewolf would run out of rage in the first or second round.
It is likely she has some fortitude and that the critter-vampire-whatever did just enough to put her down (incapacitated wound level ((7))) With 7 wounds she would literally be on death's final door.

Anyway my point in this is that on an average night with an average Garou, and an average Ventrue, it would not be insta dead. Werewolves are tough, fast and strong. They are not invincible though.
Peace
A young Ventrue would suck werewolf dick in a one vs one combat, even seasoned vampires avoid werewolves for a reason.
Now, our small Rat tag team isn't exactly a powerful combat unit.
We have Sharon (not warrior type), Merrik (not warrior type), Laurie (she can make music), Andrew (WW2 veteran) and the MC (Jack of all trades in training).
The thing in the woods btfo of Sharon in seconds, as I said earlier I doubt it was a Garou but if that was the case, Why not kill everyone in the area? Werewolves are territorial and aggressive plus they don't have any love for vampires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinvarus

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
is there any way to download for mac
dl pc version and renpy sdk for mac and unzip pc version and renpy sdk and put game in renpy sdk folder and start sdk and play after selecting game.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
A young Ventrue would suck werewolf dick in a one vs one combat, even seasoned vampires avoid werewolves for a reason.
Now, our small Rag tag team isn't exactly a powerful combat unit.
We have Sharon (not warrior type), Merrik (not warrior type), Laurie (she can make music), Andrew (WW2 veteran) and the MC (Jack of all trades in training).
The thing in the woods btfo of Sharon in seconds, as I said earlier I doubt it was a Garou but if that was the case, Why not kill everyone in the area? Werewolves are territorial and aggressive plus they don't have any love for vampires.
technically Andrew is probably a ww1 hellhound veteran! his daughter disease indicates that! dr. salk invented the polio vaccine, so more likely ww1, which is also when flamethrowers where invented!

jonas Salk[ ]
Administration of the polio inoculation, including by himself, in 1957 at the , where his team had developed the vaccine
Mass polio vaccination in circa 1961 for the National Polio Immunization Program
The first effective polio vaccine was developed in 1952 by and a team at the that included , Byron Bennett, L. James Lewis, and Lorraine Friedman, which required years of subsequent testing. Salk went on CBS radio to report a successful test on a small group of adults and children on 26 March 1953; two days later, the results were published in . invented a key laboratory technique that enabled the mass production of the vaccine by a team she led in Toronto. Beginning 23 February 1954, the vaccine was tested at Arsenal Elementary School and the in .

full article:

Anyway by the 50´s the thanks to the offering of the vacine patent by dr. Jonas Salk for public use all of the most severe cases where eliminated!

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
Do we know if there's a different in healing time between a Vampire that drinks ordinary Vamp blood vs drinking the blood of a powerful bloodline? Just thinking what if it was another Vamp who wanted confirmation of the MC's bloodline and by injuring Sharon and knowing she would need to drink Vamp blood to heal such a serious injury, if they went on the assumption she fed from the MC and were spying on them, if she was up and going again in a few minutes compared to say day or longer to recover if it was weaker "normal" vamp blood.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Do we know if there's a different in healing time between a Vampire that drinks ordinary Vamp blood vs drinking the blood of a powerful bloodline? Just thinking what if it was another Vamp who wanted confirmation of the MC's bloodline and by injuring Sharon and knowing she would need to drink Vamp blood to heal such a serious injury, if they went on the assumption she fed from the MC and were spying on them, if she was up and going again in a few minutes compared to say day or longer to recover if it was weaker "normal" vamp blood.
Good question and suggestion, it would mean though that a third party (maybe Virgil if Arigon is right in his speculation about him) was aware way earlier as we suspect what MC might be if made that test and that same person had a reason not to snack on MC yet first now he is still relative weakish. (Could Fabien maybe had suspicions and wanted to make sure?).

Reactions: Arigon
Dec 28, 2019
Of the 5 major supernatural types (vampires, werewolves, mages, changelings & wraiths) that got their own lines in the original setting, changelings were the poorest fit for crossovers, both in terms of theme/vibe and in terms of raw power. They're easily the weakest of the main 5, and the whimsicality of Changeling doesn't survive contact with the dark reality of the other 4 lines. It's like Bambi vs Godzilla, with Bambi ending up a victim. A high banality vampire (and most vampires are highly banal) could easily shrug off the fragile changeling magics of even the most powerful sidhe queen, assuming the changeling can even get the bunk off before the vampire sinks his teeth into her. A werewolf could rip a changeling troll's head off before the troll even knew what hit him.

Werewolves were depicted as the ultimate combat machines in the fluff and the typical starting werewolf could easily wreck the typical starting vampire in physical combat, but werewolves are very vulnerable to vampire mindfuckery as its a rare werewolf that has any sort of mental defense, The vampire power curve also goes much higher than the werewolf power curve. What makes werewolves particularly fearsome though is that they usually come in packs and the very common Sense Wyrm power that one or two werewolves in every pack typically possesses detects most vampires (humanity<7) in the immediate area. It's a rare vampire elder that can beat an entire pack of werewolves bent on taking him out. Even a combat-oriented methusalah would find a silver pack of werewolf elders a difficult challenge. A smart werewolf theurge with some prep time could set up some particularly deadly traps and encounters involving fire and sunlight spirits.

Wraiths very rarely interface with the Vampire world in any sizable way unless there is a Giovanni around.

Mages are more squishy then vampires or werewolves, but they are easily the most -flexible- of the super types. They have the keys to reality itself which smart players can use in highly creative and sometimes story-destabilizing ways. Thematically they're a good fit for crossovers, but vampire-partisans hate having mages in their games. It's usually less about mages turning vampires into lawn chairs, and more about mages being able to steal center stage of whatever chronicle they're in. LOL.

Sorcerers, or hedge mages as they were originally called, couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and didn't rate their own product line. Their published spells were weak and nowhere near as versatile as a true mage's spheres. Vampire-partisans liked sorcerers because they can easily push them around, they were unable to compete for top billing. True mages looked down on their limited "static magics" and vampires saw them as potentially useful lackies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar and Arigon

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't want mages in Rebirth they're the OP class of the WoD games, better keep the game vampires only.
Next update we're setting in Scottstown so what happens with Carmen? I don't think higher ups would like a Hunter running around free in the City.
She has to be enthralled and dicked already.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Of the 5 major supernatural types (vampires, werewolves, mages, changelings & wraiths) that got their own lines in the original setting, changelings were the poorest fit for crossovers, both in terms of theme/vibe and in terms of raw power. They're easily the weakest of the main 5, and the whimsicality of Changeling doesn't survive contact with the dark reality of the other 4 lines. It's like Bambi vs Godzilla, with Bambi ending up a victim. A high banality vampire (and most vampires are highly banal) could easily shrug off the fragile changeling magics of even the most powerful sidhe queen, assuming the changeling can even get the bunk off before the vampire sunk his teeth into her. A werewolf could rip a changeling troll's head off before the troll even knew what hit him.

Werewolves were depicted as the ultimate combat machines in the fluff and the typical starting werewolf could easily wreck the typical starting vampire in physical combat, but werewolves are very vulnerable to vampire mindfuckery as its a rare werewolf that has any sort of mental defense, The vampire power curve also goes much higher than the werewolf power curve. What makes werewolves particularly fearsome though is that the very common Sense Wyrm power detects most vampires (humanity<7) and they tend to come in packs. It's a rare vampire elder that can beat an entire pack of werewolves bent on taking him out. Even a combat-oriented methusalah would find a silver pack of werewolf elders a difficult challenge. A smart werewolf theurge with some prep time could set up some particularly deadly traps and encounters involving fire and sunlight spirits.

Wraiths very rarely interface with the Vampire world in any sizable way unless there is a Giovanni around.

Mages are more squishy then vampires or werewolves, but they are easily the most -flexible- of the super types. They have the keys to reality itself which smart players can use in highly creative and sometimes story-destabilizing ways. Thematically they're a good fit for crossovers, but vampire-partisans hate having mages in their games. It's usually less about mages turning vampires into lawn chairs, and more about mages being able to steal center stage of whatever chronicle they're in. LOL.

Sorcerers, or hedge mages as they were originally called, couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and didn't rate their own product line. Their published spells were weak and nowhere near as versatile as a true mage's spheres. Vampire-partisans liked sorcerers because they can easily push them around, they were unable to compete for top billing. True mages looked down on their limited "static magics" and vampires saw them as potentially useful lackies.
A very good piece. Thank you BigStuffedTiger
That said I want to add some comments.
Changelings- they get no seat at the table. 100% agree with your assessment. Even a high gen low age vampire would make snacks (and might even sparkle after they feed on the,,, cool idea and thank you for inspiring it for my table top guys and girls. Twighlight made us all gag but sparkles from feeding.......yum....)

Wraiths..... While I agree that they have limited contact with "normal" vampires, I think that an angry spector would be interesting, but yes ultimately I agree. Besides the Wraith would kill the victim if they could, find and rip open their caul and do nasty wraith things.

Sorcerers... I actually disagree that they could not be a power in the mix. Even without house rules, the capabilities of the Sorcerers/numina/hunter/Revenant/ more humanish Can be powerful. Their disadvantage is the complete lack of knowledge of their enemies (canon wise they could know some but being honest, they think vampires are all blood mages and that scares them and entices them as blood magic can be adapted. )

Werewolf- agree (95%) and disagree (5%) with one particular assumption. A high humanity vampire, who does not kill for their blood, and dedicates the amount of time Sharon devotes to meditation on her humanity, is not going to trigger a Sense Wyrm with her necessarily, and the MC is still partially human in his outlook and mentored by Sharon. True the random were wolf will have an advantage over a high generation random vampire. I know you understand my previous break down, and what it all comes down to what is going to nail an aggravated wound which Sharon may never have experienced before? The were wolf would not stop with the single wound she suffered. Sharon is no elder so her real abilities that she needs to survive in a full on fight with a were wolf doesn't look great. No silver weapon so no direct damage that can't be soaked. (probably 3 stamina and +3 crinos form) is a good number of soak dice verses Sharon's strength of 2-most likely, and if the axes are customized we can go with strength +3 to be generous. So she has a lot of damage coming that she can't soak a good portion of, and a werewolf that can soak all of her damage potentially. If Sharon soaks well, then advantage Sharon with mind fucking.

Mages- I just think they are in a league of their own. Making the conversions to either everyone uses mage spheres, or changing the Mages to powers that fit in another campaign does justice to neither way. Mage games in my humble opinion need to be kept on a different level and different game.

You did not mention Mummy the Reborn, which was the 3rd edition. They use static magic. They are personally very tough individuals, actually capable of a toe to toe with a were gator or were lion/werewolf. They could fall to a vampire or a Theurge powers. That would be tough as well. That said, the wounds are not mummy like and it just doesn't fit.

All in all I agree.
I think it is either a drive by were critter attack (who had something else to do somewhere else, and get there fast) 5% chance
Or it was/is a vampire with the right disciplines with an agenda to wound her but not kill her, for whatever reason. 95% chance

Peace all

Last edited:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I don't want mages in Rebirth they're the OP class of the WoD games, better keep the game vampires only.
Next update we're setting in Scottstown so what happens with Carmen? I don't think higher ups would like a Hunter running around free in the City.
Agreed it's time for Carmen to be dealt with. She knows too much and won't be allowed to roam about freely anyways.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Agreed it's time for Carmen to be dealt with. She knows too much and won't be allowed to roam about freely anyways.
Sharon can allow at some point because she has a high humanity but I can't see other vampires letting that go.
It can get really bad for our Coterie if other Archons or the Princeps found out about her existence.
Sharon and the MC have thralls already, she can becomes Merrik :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Nulldev and Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sharon can allow at some point because she has a high humanity but I can't see other vampires letting that go.
It can get really bad for our Coterie if other Archons or the Princeps found out about her existence.
He continues to keep her in a cage, forgets to feed her, and sings new songs about he is going to gut her nightly... sure she will keep her sanity and as she ingests the ugly blood she sinks on my list of hotties I want to slam dance with!!! LOL

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Laurie is already taking Merrick's role as that info/tech person since she isn't really suited for combat like Andrew. Having another blood bag for MC wouldn't hurt especially if he's gonna want to obtain and sustain a boner for some sexy times with any of the other girls.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Laurie is already taking Merrick's role as that info/tech person since she isn't really suited for combat like Andrew. Having another blood bag for MC wouldn't hurt especially if he's gonna want to obtain and sustain a boner for some sexy times with any of the other girls.
Yeah, I was joking, she's gonna be another thrall for our MC probably. Sharon doesn't like her and Merrik is on the loose anyway.
But maybe the writer has other plans for Carmen.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
We are 48 hours give or take from the start of the next episode!!!!!
I am a top tier Patron and I am mega excited to see this!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: DA22
Dec 28, 2019
Mage NPC's are less of a threat to game balance than power-gaming Mage players as LikesBlondes is easily able to keep things reasonable in Rebirth since he has full control over the antagonists.

1) The "higher ups" don't yet know about Carmen. Unless someone tells them they don't get a say.

2) Judging by the last update, I'd say Carmen has two paths, either she becomes a blood doll (just food!), or she becomes a thrall like Laurie. A third path is that the higher ups find out and have her executed, or order Sharon to execute her. I'd be reluctant to have Carmen testify against Astrid for this reason, although it's always possible they may let the MC keep her as long as she's thralled. It's not clear to me if blood dolls that are kept around as part of a vampire's feeding herd get blood bonded in this game like thralls, or if they're just juicebags on legs addicted to the Kiss.

Arigon I will respond to your reply when I have a little more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Mage NPC's are less of a threat to game balance than power-gaming Mage players as LikesBlondes is easily able to keep things reasonable in Rebirth since he has full control over the antagonists.

1) The "higher ups" don't yet know about Carmen. Unless someone tells them they don't get a say.

2) Judging by the last update, I'd say Carmen has two paths, either she becomes a blood doll (just food!), or she becomes a thrall like Laurie. A third path is that the higher ups find out and have her executed, or order Sharon to execute her. I'd be reluctant to have Carmen testify against Astrid for this reason, although it's always possible they may let the MC keep her as long as she's thralled. It's not clear to me if blood dolls that are kept around as part of a vampire's feeding herd get blood bonded in this game like thralls, or if they're just juicebags on legs addicted to the Kiss.

Arigon I will respond to your reply when I have a little more time.
That's my point, Carmen not being enthralled is a serious risk for our team and for herself if the Princeps or other Archons found about her. Astrid and probably Marcius know about her already.
Blood dolls are probably vampire blood junkies, at least that's how most courts work in the setting.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Yeah, I was joking, she's gonna be another thrall for our MC probably. Sharon doesn't like her and Merrik is on the loose anyway.
But maybe the writer has other plans for Carmen.
I agree with this. The MC will have a very unconventional Harem of sorts. Thalling is a pretty common form of control in the World of Darkness, so I think he will just have to politely ask/or perhaps inform her after the fact. Carmen's hunter affiliation plus time spent listening to them having discussions would mark her for doom otherwise.

Dec 28, 2019
That's my point, Carmen not being enthralled is a serious risk for our team and for herself if the Princeps or other Archons found about her. Astrid and probably Marcius know about her already.
I agree with you here. It's just that the author seems to be avoiding the word "ghoul" (a mortal with a point or more of vampire blood in them) and is using the word "thrall" (a being that has drunk the blood of the same vampire 3 times) as a substitute which muddies things. While there's a great deal of overlap in the inspirational material as 99.9% of ghouls become thralls on their 3rd drink, many, probably most, mortal thralls never imbibe enough vampire blood to become ghouls. A smart vampire would turn his entire herd of live-in blood dolls into thralls so they'll be willing to die before they betray him, but only the most useful servants rate getting ghouled.

Blood dolls are probably vampire blood junkies, at least that's how most courts work in the setting.
Agreed.

Dec 28, 2019
still nobody answered me! if you thrall a human and then turn them do they still remain thralled? cause if it does i think the MC might ask a favor or two from grandmommy!
The old blood bond is broken, and they're 1 step towards a new one. An ambitious or abused childe is now free to plot against and turn on his maker, although that 1st step towards a new bond will cause them to start out with a feeling of affection for their sire. OTOH a domineering sire can trick or coerce his childe into taking 2 more sips to re-enslave them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes