4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Great to see the quality is still high. Only problem worth mentioning with this game as before is that you wish there'd be more of it to play. :)
Yeah I kinda enjoyed this update as well, seems the Scotsdale story is starting to come alive and is worse as MC can handle yet. Sharon is also showing more of her cards when comes to MC and her feelings for him, while Laurie also starts to make her move and she is starting to accept some things are going on with MC that she may not be best able to deal with and may need help from others. Promising update, but a lot of story parts being set in motion by now that will need attention. :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. he has visions of her life .. seeing what she sees ... sending her sweet wet dreams so she can relax and
live a better life ... hope we get to make our covent with fun babes and hot throbbing bonding sessions!
I don't think they gave the address of her place but the game said she hasn't been feeling well I think my MC made her a vamp

Reactions: DIXEREX

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah I kinda enjoyed this update as well, seems the Scotsdale story is starting to come alive and is worse as MC can handle yet. Sharon is also showing more of her cards when comes to MC and her feelings for him, while Laurie also starts to make her move and she is starting to accept some things are going on with MC that she may not be best able to deal with and may need help from others. Promising update, but a lot of story parts being set in motion by now that will need attention. :)
Yeah the problem i have, is more the pace of the story, as u mentioned before, we are in ep.3 (out of 5 i think) and it still feels like we are in the introduction/set up phase.
I really think the story needs to step up the pace, same for sex, even if that is not a core point.

As for Sharon, i pretty much lost my interest in her (as a LI)...thought i really liked Lauries comment, if Sharon ever used her powers on mc, same for Astrid, as she called the mc Sharons lapdog.
I find Mc's obsession with Sharon really tiring at this point, especially as Laurie and Carmen are mostly ignored as LIs...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Did you watch underworld .. do you feel MC has a stupid sense of duty, like Selene had to Victor?
Yeah the problem i have, is more the pace of the story, as u mentioned before, we are in ep.3 (out of 5 i think) and it still feels like we are in the introduction/set up phase.
I really think the story needs to step up the pace, same for sex, even if that is not a core point.

As for Sharon, i pretty much lost my interest in her (as a LI)...thought i really liked Lauries comment, if Sharon ever used her powers on mc, same for Astrid, as she called the mc Sharons lapdog.
I find Mc's obsession with Sharon really tiring at this point, especially as Laurie and Carmen are mostly ignored as LIs...
MC was getting close to Sharon, but she is power hungry and somewhat looking at Mc like some toy/puppy.
What do you feel goes through her skull?
Is dev actively steering us into her as our only option?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Did you watch underworld .. do you feel MC has a stupid sense of duty, like Selene had to Victor?

MC was getting close to Sharon, but she is power hungry and somewhat looking at Mc like some toy/puppy.
What do you feel goes through her skull?
Is dev actively steering us into her as our only option?
Yes i watched Underworld, well Selenes loyality to Victor comes from a lie he told her.
That being said, i wanted her to stay loyal to her kin, kill that hybrid mutt and afterwards kill the wolfs...such a disappointing ending.

I can understand why he trusts her and there are not many else he can actually trust, so i wouldn't say he has a stupid sense of duty. But he does feel like her little puppy at times.
I really hope she isn't the only LI, that would suck big time, but locking at the devs past work, it could be a possibility.
If i had to choose, Callisto > Carmen > vision girl > Astrid (as mc's pet) > Laurie > Sharon

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Wow .. Sharon is at the bottom ... kind of wonder as to why the distance...
I mean .. Calli turnd Mc and sent him into the wild .. while in both
inteview with a vamp and queen of the damned, the master stayed close to hone pupils skills.
Yes i watched Underworld, well Selenes loyality to Victor comes from a lie he told her.
That being said, i wanted her to stay loyal to her kin, kill that hybrid mutt and afterwards kill the wolfs...such a disappointing ending.

I can understand why he trusts her and there are not many else he can actually trust, so i wouldn't say he has a stupid sense of duty. But he does feel like her little puppy at times.
I really hope she isn't the only LI, that would suck big time, but locking at the devs past work, it could be a possibility.
If i had to choose, Callisto > Carmen > vision girl > Astrid (as mc's pet) > Laurie > Sharon
I wonder .. could she make a better beast of a new born had MC been at her side?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
On a different agenda ... what are your thoughts on the gurl in MCs mind, the blood thirsty one.
My guess is she made Calli so she is the more powerfull ancient watching over her offsprings from a stone state, just like akasha

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I'm not sure if we all played the same game, but episode 3 started with a bang.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. As Arigon noticed before, the game draws from norse mythology with the mention of the scalds.
Ayhsel will certainly share my enthusiasm over what is in the spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR : The update sets Laurie as a Love interest.
I agree with you and disagree with most that said very little happened here. We were essentially foreshadowed a lot.

What I extremely agree with all is that 5 chapters seems soooo little. I spoke with Likesblondes about it and unfortunately his answer makes a lot of sense, though. Simply, they cannot commit to to something like 10 chapters when two chapters took them a bit less than 2 years. Life moves on for the developers too.

And yes, kitty fights are the best moments always!! Laurie does not let any chance go to make some interesting comment to Sharon!

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
On a different agenda ... what are your thoughts on the gurl in MCs mind, the blood thirsty one.
My guess is she made Calli so she is the more powerfull ancient watching over her offsprings from a stone state, just like akasha
No i don't think she is the sire of Callisto. IIRC there was a copied post from the dev, which was like '' Callisto is a myth to most of the vamps and vision girl is even a myth to Callsito''.
This could mean, Callisto snacked her way down the ladder somewhen in the past millennia, or vision girl is even lower gen than ur average 3rd gen.

Vision girl being someone like Akasha, Lilith, or this storys Cain could be possible.

Wow .. Sharon is at the bottom ... kind of wonder as to why the distance...
I mean .. Calli turnd Mc and sent him into the wild .. while in both
inteview with a vamp and queen of the damned, the master stayed close to hone pupils skills.
Well Callisto has some standards in men, MC needs to prove his worth (and provide some entertainment) through deeds, not shallow flirting.
If he can't even survive against some high gen mobs, he is better off dead, how could he even hope to stand besides her and fight enemies on her pay grade.
Not to mention she's a redhead and not a goody two-shoes, like a other vamp lady...

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
I noticed in the options.rpy file the save destination is shown on line 145
Code:
define config.save_directory = "rebirthep2"
This should of course be
Code:
define config.save_directory = "rebirthep3"
Arigon, could you please notify the dev, so as to avoid on-going issues with the game seeing ep2 save files and using this save location in future updates.

It was nice to have Markus and the MC talk about him not mentioning the Feral Nos to the court, showing that MC/Sharon have Markus' back and see them as allies.

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I agree with you and disagree with most that said very little happened here. We were essentially foreshadowed a lot.

What I extremely agree with all is that 5 chapters seems soooo little. I spoke with Likesblondes about it and unfortunately his answer makes a lot of sense, though. Simply, they cannot commit to to something like 10 chapters when two chapters took them a bit less than 2 years. Life moves on for the developers too.
Foreshadowing and plots set up are narrative techniques used in the intro phase of a story. Since this is supposed to be 5 chapters and we are at 3, we can only assume we are into the second act. Yet the game still plays like an introduction.

When the way you are pacing your story demands the kind of long term commitment you can't do, shouldn't you adapt it into something you can do? There are ways like trimming the slice of life filler, time skip montages, focusing on fewer sub plots etc.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes