4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

memonto_mori

Aug 19, 2020
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 141, in script
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 141, in <module>
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 116, in choose_load
assign_load ( mp3.gameSave2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 75, in assign_load
player_name = load_dict [ 0 ]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 141, in script
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "G:\rebirthep\rebirthep episode 3\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\rebirthep\rebirthep episode 3\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 141, in <module>
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 116, in choose_load
assign_load ( mp3.gameSave2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 75, in assign_load
player_name = load_dict [ 0 ]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 3 ep3up2
Wed May 26 00:44:27 2021
```

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You got more as you think about why the Temple exists, just you do not make certain links yet, also the second name mentioned might even be more pertinent as Inanna, she fits VG in a way to a tee. Also remember what they refer Inanna to be with their earlier comments. If interested come back in a few days when we will have some wild speculations about the information revealed and yeah one of my speculations is as wild maybe as the thought Arigon had that Astrid was a male. :p

Did the skalds give very useful information as such to MC and Sharon, no and as you could see Sharon fully agrees with you on that and certainly not worth a boon. Is that information gold to us as players that were expecting that part of the story might well go that way for a while already, yes. There is heavy foreshadowing there of the plot of the game and likely role of some major players with still a lot of veils and even a bit of cloak and dagger misdirection I suspect.

Also do not think the visit to with distraction and answer you gave Markus during that visit is without reason, nor the entrance of Frank in Scotsdale.
I am not interested in speculations, i am interested in what happens in the game. In the game, we got nothing. If you and someone else want to speculate about what could possibly be the names we got, sure, go ahead, be happy. We, in the game, got no info from the skalds.

IN THE GAME (not here in the forum) nothing has happened and we got almost no information. The only things that happened to move the game forward in the last 2 updates were because of Markus.

Meanwhile, we are fooling around buying chairs, taking interest in Astrid which is irrelevant and doing nothing while we have a missing NOS, Frank clearly moving his agenda forward and still the mistery of why we almost died two times in a few weeks.

Everyone seems to be moving their Agenda forward except us, that are being stupid, using boons for nothing and doing irrelevant stuff

Sep 3, 2020
For the people complaining MC lost his HUMANITY. You make the choices, So you have lost his humanity. You could have left the girl alone in the Club.

And for the other people complaining about we get no action. We are just a little over half of all the episodes. I never started a book were we are literally thrown in to action right at start. Comic books yes but this is not written as a comic book we soon have all the action we want

About the rest of the update Frank was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was just a bit filler for episode 2 when talking about Mc's visions. And now it makes more sense to me that the vision, MC has were MC is scared is an ancient Nos. Frank suddenly joining us. Him telling us he is literally going for a dig. Tells me Merrick probably got called by the ancient and needs more food to properly awaken. While Markus tells us Merrick is still alive Merrick could have just been used as bait

Overall i really enjoyed the update
I left the girl in the club alone too but that is not my issue

people who are blood dolls, seem to be suffering a fate worse than death
they are not aware of their surroundings they have no emotion they are not aware of what is happening to them

imagine you are taken from your family and friends people are feeding on you and using your body you have no idea what's happened to you

that is a blood doll it is nothing like Laurie but the MC is not even bothered by it

even when Sharon says that they have to get blood dolls, he's like OK

Reactions: D3xzalias

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I left the girl in the club alone too but that is not my issue

people who are blood dolls, seem to be suffering a fate worse than death
they are not aware of their surroundings they have no emotion they are not aware of what is happening to them

imagine you are taken from your family and friends people are feeding on you and using your body you have no idea what's happened to you

that is a blood doll it is nothing like Laurie but the MC is not even bothered by it

even when Sharon says that they have to get blood dolls, he's like OK
Mc is basically thinking about survival. He needs to feed. He could go in to town every week for his fix. But that has dangers as you could see in episode 2. If Mc gets killed no more Rebirth, Short story.

Andrew explained it very well a in episode 2 for Laurie. It's about the humanity you have for a person. If you lost all humanity you don't care about the thrall. The person is basically gonna be put a in state where she or him is a lamp shade just stands silently in the corner waiting for her next blood fix . He could do the same to Laurie but she still has free will. We could feed her more blood and put her in a state were she is basically a lamp shade. You make that choice.

Basically lets say for speculation
Ok let say no more blood dolls and feed on blood in bag from a blood bank. You are putting yourself more at risk as more people know about what you are. And can attract unwanted attention. Its all about secrecy.

Now lets say Sharon or MC uses whispers or the eye thingy. (Basically like Hypnosis) You say a word (example just a phone call and she answers and you say vampire ) And she looses all will for lets say 5 hours comes to the house and just wait . After that she is back to normal and can leave when she wants. But doesn't remember a thing. That doesn't seem like a bad thing

Its all about the humanity you have for that person MC seems to still have a decent amount of it

Yes blood dolls in Rebirth seems to have it pretty bad. Ex: Temple,Malia Astrid. But with how it's going and how high humanity is on the writers mind. I think we are given a choice. It could be a 1 time thing for the blood dolls or forever. Only time will tell

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I am not interested in speculations, i am interested in what happens in the game. In the game, we got nothing. If you and someone else want to speculate about what could possibly be the names we got, sure, go ahead, be happy. We, in the game, got no info from the skalds.

IN THE GAME (not here in the forum) nothing has happened and we got almost no information. The only things that happened to move the game forward in the last 2 updates were because of Markus.

Meanwhile, we are fooling around buying chairs, taking interest in Astrid which is irrelevant and doing nothing while we have a missing NOS, Frank clearly moving his agenda forward and still the mistery of why we almost died two times in a few weeks.

Everyone seems to be moving their Agenda forward except us, that are being stupid, using boons for nothing and doing irrelevant stuff
That is the thing, our speculations are in the game and about what is in game and partly confirmed by devs. Same as that the Skalds gave us loads of information about the world and its background, including the reason why the Temple exists in the first place that are directly pertinent to the plot of the game which has been foreshadowed almost from very start.

Is it information that we can hunt immediately with a flame thrower as MC and Sharon or removes all mystery about plot and gives all the answers on a silver spoon, no they are hints and I suspect there is even some blatant subterfuge by devs there. :p Is it information about who the main players are and where the game is going and intended to focus MC on a name of one of the major power players of the game and find out more about her and drip feed both those of us who are less into speculations about the game and those who are the information we need to go into the big finale at end. For sure.

Now I like old myths and mysteries, so to me this was a great update overall. If you wanted more direct action, yeah this update was not all you could have hoped for, but that goes for most of this game I am afraid.

Sep 3, 2020
Mc is basically thinking about survival. He needs to feed. He could go in to town every week for his fix. But that has dangers as you could see in episode 2. If Mc gets killed no more Rebirth, Short story.

Andrew explained it very well a in episode 2 for Laurie. It's about the humanity you have for a person. If you lost all humanity you don't care about the thrall. The person is basically gonna be put a in state where she or him is a lamp shade just stands silently in the corner waiting for her next blood fix . He could do the same to Laurie but she still has free will. We could feed her more blood and put her in a state were she is basically a lamp shade. You make that choice.

Ok let say no more blood dolls and feed on blood in bag from a blood bank. You are putting yourself more at risk as more people know about what you are. And can attract unwanted attention. Its all about secrecy.

Now lets say Sharon or MC uses whispers or the eye thingy. (Basically like Hypnosis) You say a word (example just a phone call and she answers and you say vampire ) And she looses all will for lets say 5 hours comes to the house and just wait . After that she is back to normal and can leave when she wants. But doesn't remember a thing. That doesn't seem like a bad thing

Its all about the humanity you have for that person MC seems to still have a decent amount of it

Yes blood dolls in Rebirth seems to have it pretty bad. Ex: Temple,Malia Astrid. But with how it's going and how high humanity is on the writers mind. I think we are given a choice. It could be a 1 time thing for the blood dolls or forever. Only time will tell
thank you so much for explaining it to me and I do understand what you're saying
I know it's a matter of survival I get it but all I want is a scene showing that these things do bother the mc that's it
but so far he's okay with everything and I do mean everything nothing in the entire game bother the mc

• Red Heart
Reactions: D3xzalias

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
That is the thing, our speculations are in the game and about what is in game and partly confirmed by devs. Same as that the Skalds gave us loads of information about the world and its background, including the reason why the Temple exists in the first place that are directly pertinent to the plot of the game which has been foreshadowed almost from very start.

Is it information that we can hunt immediately with a flame thrower as MC and Sharon or removes all mystery about plot and gives all the answers on a silver spoon, no they are hints and I suspect there is even some blatant subterfuge by devs there. :p Is it information about who the main players are and where the game is going and intended to focus MC on a name of one of the major power players of the game and find out more about her and drip feed those of us who are less into speculations about the game the information we need to go into the big finale at end. For sure.

Now I like old myths and mysteries, so to me this was a great update overall. If you wanted more direct action, yeah this update was not all you could have hoped for, but that goes for most of this game I am afraid.
I didnt understand the part about hunt with a flamethrower, but i think you are missing my point. I like Myths and Misteries, but you are looking at this behind the 4th wall. The protagonists got 0 information from the skalds, absolutely nothing, and since they spent their boon, they spent it for nothing.

Now you, as spectator, got food for speculation. That's it, but you are not the MC or Sharon.

The story didnt move forward either with the skalds, again, was just food for speculation but that doesnt move the story forward.

So, we didnt get any kind of action, and we didnt move the story forward, but the worst thing, is that during the first two episodes of this game, we (as the protagonists) had an agenda and were working on it. We were trying to anticipate the moves of others and act accordingly. We moved from an active role to a passive one. Sharon went from trying to avoid Astryd and Marcius traps, to buying chairs...

Since we are in Scottstown we are doing nothing. We have a major danger, bigger than in the previous episodes, and its the moment of the story were we are doing nothig at all, except when pressed by Markus.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I am afraid I was way to focused on the goals of the game and did not even think twice about inviting the girl over with whisper. I know I am a bad person. Then again with C coming over I have no intention at all to piss her off at me or Sharon, way too dangerous a gambit. Nor do I wish to throw either Laurie or Carmen at her if I had nobody else around to use as such. I know unfair to the girl in question, but I do not know her and do know those two.

Using Gregor while I likely still need Carmen, even if just for takeover Scotsdale and possibly Astrid also seemed a bad move. :p

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016

It should be obvious at this point that MC is not supposed to have any agendas. He's just tagging along for the ride...

This game makes way more sense if you think you are playing just an NPC and the true protag of the game is queen Sharon. Kinda like playing an observer to an NPC's hero journey. Pretty innovative

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: IceL33 and Arigon

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It should be obvious at this point that MC is not supposed to have any agendas. He's just tagging along for the ride...

This game makes way more sense if you think you are playing just an NPC and the true protag of the game is queen Sharon. Kinda like playing an observer to an NPC's hero journey. Pretty innovative
Sharon and the MC had an agenda and had an active role in the first two episodes, even if that agenda was just trying to survive the traps from Astrid and Marcius.

They moved to Scottstown, got almost killed twice and got someone that they considered an ally disappear, and all their survival instinct got shutdown apparently, because they show ZERO interest in discovering what is happening in the place they are living and got almost killed twice in a few weeks.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
thank you so much for explaining it to me and I do understand what you're saying
I know it's a matter of survival I get it but all I want is a scene showing that these things do bother the mc that's it
but so far he's okay with everything and I do mean everything nothing in the entire game bother the mc
Yeah that's true MC does easily agree with what Sharon say's. And the only time he showed remorse is when Archon Marcius was hunting Laurie. And cried to sharon about saving her

I am afraid I was way to focused on the goals of the game and did not even think twice about inviting the girl over with whisper. I know I am a bad person. Then again with C coming over I have no intention at all to piss her off at me or Sharon, way too dangerous a gambit. Nor do I wish to throw either Laurie or Carmen at her if I had nobody else around to use as such. I know unfair to the girl in question, but I do not know her and do know those two.

Using Gregor while I likely still need Carmen, even if just for takeover Scotsdale and possibly Astrid also seemed a bad move. :p
I have 2 play troughs. First thing i thought of with Mind whispers was Miri and the sexual assault scene and thought no don't want and on my second save i saw it give you 7 charisma. And it was only a invite so how bad could it be.

Yeah if you want to use Gregor, Carmen will probably stake you when you are asleep. She has a lot of love for gregor

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Sharon and the MC had an agenda and had an active role in the first two episodes, even if that agenda was just trying to survive the traps from Astrid and Marcius.

They moved to Scottstown, got almost killed twice and got someone that they considered an ally dissapear, and all their survival instinct got shutdown apparently, because they show ZERO interest in discovering what is happening in the place they are living and got almost killed twice in a few weeks.
Those plots were never that important and that's why they either move at a snail's pace or are completely frozen. The main plot of the game is the relationship between Sharon and her lapd...MC with her ascension up the vampire ladder as background. It's why the game is spending so much time with slice of life filler and pointless cuddles with the forced LI instead of actually progressing those open plots.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I didnt understand the part about hunt with a flamethrower, but i think you are missing my point. I like Myths and Misteries, but you are looking at this behind the 4th wall. The protagonists got 0 information from the skalds, absolutely nothing, and since they spent their boon, they spent it for nothing.

Now you, as spectator, got food for speculation. That's it, but you are not the MC or Sharon.

The story didnt move forward either with the skalds, again, was just food for speculation but that doesnt move the story forward.

So, we didnt get any kind of action, and we didnt move the story forward, but the worst thing, is that during the first two episodes of this game, we (as the protagonists) had an agenda and were working on it. We were trying to anticipate the moves of others and act accordingly. We moved from an active role to a passive one. Sharon went from trying to avoid Astryd and Marcius traps, to buying chairs...

Since we are in Scottstown we are doing nothing. We have a major danger, bigger than in the previous episodes, and its the moment of the story were we are doing nothig at all, except when pressed by Markus.
Yeah there we are disagreeing. I think we need that information and buildup where a few lines will have to come together before that action starts and before we can really continue in game and you want that action now. Fact is Laurie and Carmen are working on the main part of taking Scotsdale at the moment and Mc and Sharon are rather a hindrance as a help in that for now.

Merrick, well they tried with the computer data but where should they look? Especially with Mc being warned away by his visions and VG from the most promising place that he is not ready. They get Frank now though to sniff him out so expect some action soonish there, even if the Markus visits to MC likely have a secondary or even primary reason beyond Merrick.

What devs could have done maybe better is use this period to deal with Astrid and Marcius, then again they may have some good story reasons why that comes later. They have not told me their plans, just I am pretty sure it has already been planned out with what happens in each chapter for the big lines if not all details.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and Lietam

ionpop

Aug 5, 2019
Hi, There's a bug at the end of Episode 2 that apparently corrupts the save for Episode 3 because when I try to load said save I get another error and my stats are set to 1-1-1.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
A bit underwhelming no doubt, but what I like about the recent updates is the subtle hints that Sharon is getting a bit unhinged lol. She does like and care about MC, but also probably fears his potential that she subconsciously denies all the time. She also has a little bit of inferiority complex because all these doors are opening for her after MC comes into the picture. Power players seems to be addressing him, rather than her. These are not going unnoticed by her, as we saw in her reaction about Markus inviting MC to his lair. Then MC notices that Sharon is trying to placate him, which could suggest that she is beginning to see him as the dominant player of the two. She was so giddy about becoming archon, yet she feels like she is but a pawn in a larger game. There are a lot of conflicting emotions and dev is doing a good job of displaying these in a subtle way.

There will definitely be a big decision regarding her in the future.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Those plots were never that important and that's why they either move at a snail's pace or are completely frozen. The main plot of the game is the relationship between Sharon and her lapd...MC with her ascension up the vampire ladder as background. It's why the game is spending so much time with slice of life filler and pointless cuddles with the forced LI instead of actually progressing those open plots.
They were important for the protagonists, because it was their survival. Those plots were important because if not being taken care about, MC would be Astryd's pet and Sharon would be Marcius pet.

You want to know what is not important right now? Buying chairs. That is not important.

You got given a zone of influence, and in that zone of incluence in a couple of weeks you got almost killed twice and got an ally dissapeared. The protagonists main concern should be what is happening in their zone of influence, not the chair color they use.

The only one thinking correctly is Markus.

Its as if Sharon and the MC had a change of personality from the first two episodes and the third.

When your life is in danger, that should be your main concern.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah there we are disagreeing. I think we need that information and buildup where a few lines will have to come together before that action starts and before we can really continue in game and you want that action now. Fact is Laurie and Carmen are working on the main part of taking Scotsdale at the moment and Mc and Sharon are rather a hindrance as a help in that for now.

Merrick, well they tried with the computer data but where should they look? Especially with Mc being warned away by his visions and VG from the most promising place that he is not ready. They get Frank now though to sniff him out so expect some action soonish there, even if the Markus visits to MC likely have a secondary or even primary reason beyond Merrick.

What devs could have done maybe better is use this period to deal with Astrid and Marcius, then again they may have some good story reasons why that comes later. They have not told me their plans, just I am pretty sure it has already been planned out with what happens in each chapter for the big lines if not all details.
What can they do? Think about it. Finding out whats happening should be their main concern. They should behave like Markus behave, try to find alternatives. Do they use a bait? Do they try to contact more locals to see if they have seen something? Do they use their new influence with Mayor and Police to interrogate people? To sweep the forest? Even if they fail, it should be their main concern.

DO SOMETHING. Dont act as if nothing is happening. Sharon and the MC instead of buying chairs should be acting exactly like Markus is acting. Fuck, Sharon seems to get annoyed every time Markus forces her to actually care about what is happening

Sharon is the archon of the town, se should be trying to get his zone of influence under control. She was acting as an alpha before having power, and when she gets some power, she changes to a beta personality. I am sorry, but changing the personality of your protagonists in the middle of the story is bad writing.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I really love this game or I wouldn't ask.
I have a simple request. Mac users can't progress because we don't have the release that allows us to export our transfer file. I've picked up the final PC release but for some reason EP3 can't find the transfer file. If someone would post a save from EP3, just after you load your transfer file I, and I'm sure a host of mac users, would be very greatful.

Thank you for any help.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes