4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What can they do? Think about it. Finding out whats happening should be their main concern. They should behave like Markus behave, try to find alternatives. Do they use a bait? Do they try to contact more locals to see if they have seen something? Do they use their new influence with Mayor and Police to interrogate people? To sweep the forest? Even if they fail, it should be their main concern.

DO SOMETHING. Dont act as if nothing is happening. Sharon and the MC instead of buying chairs should be acting exactly like Markus is acting. Fuck, Sharon seems to get annoyed every time Markus forces her to actually care about what is happening

Sharon is the archon of the town, se should be trying to get his zone of influence under control. She was acting as an alpha before having power, and when she gets some power, she changes to a beta personality. I am sorry, but changing the personality of your protagonists in the middle of the story is bad writing.
Well those options are indeed very subtle and will keep them secret for sure, especially with Sharon and Mc only able to go out at night and may not want to draw any attention to a weird looking creature walking around named Merrick, who can make himself invisible. Who if he was able to move around without a care could have walked into their house without any problem by now if he wanted to.

Yes Sharon is annoyed with Markus going to MC instead of her and he basically takes her acceptance to his wishes for granted, not for wanting to find Merrick. Trouble is where should they start, if he is alive why did he not come back voluntarily and if he is held by something can they handle what they will find while they get scared away from the most likely place to start for good reasons.

Remember Merrick is also not a pushover and likely even better in a fight as Sharon with his invisibility skill. MC may be a super badass in potential compared to most if forget about C and Fabian for example, but neither MC or Sharon are fully aware of that yet. :p Sure they could maybe have asked for help from C or Fabian, but we know what Sharon believes about Fabian and it is not like MC is overly connected yet in vamp society and as Maalia taught him boons can be expensive and help rarely comes for free among vamps.

Sharon is trying to get that town under control and since plan A failed with major they now have set plan B in motion, which does not include Sharon since she is known to major. Do you propose they bite every citizen of the town so they become thralls? Well then there would be no reason to limit Malia to max three feedings a night in club and the humans would likely destroy MC and Sharon soonish, besides by breaking the secrecy rule of vampires they would get into trouble with the princeps and his court. Andrew is not only one that can use a flamethrower and MC might be powerful, he is not immortal and sleeps during day time so pissing off the humans may be eve worse as that court since MC can likely handle them if pushed to that but neither Sharon or MC knows that. So they will try to stay within the rules and try not to attract undue attention while taking over the town

Sharon and Mc dynamic is changing slowly since MC stood up against Sharon about Astrid indeed, whether that is because of that standing up and proven to be right of MC or as Arigon suggested earlier may have to do with the blood of MC she ingested, I do not know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arigon

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I really love this game or I wouldn't ask.
I have a simple request. Mac users can't progress because we don't have the release that allows us to export our transfer file. I've picked up the final PC release but for some reason EP3 can't find the transfer file. If someone would post a save from EP3, just after you load your transfer file I, and I'm sure a host of mac users, would be very greatful.

Thank you for any help.
Here you go, hope it works.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well those options are indeed very subtle and will keep them secret for sure, especially with Sharon and Mc only able to go out at night and may not want to draw any attention to a weird looking creature walking around named Merrick, who can make himself invisible. Who if he was able to move around without a care could have walked into their house without any problem by now if he wanted to.

Yes Sharon is annoyed with Markus going to MC instead of her and he basically takes her acceptance to his wishes for granted, not for wanting to find Merrick. Trouble is where should they start, if he is alive why did he not come back voluntarily and if he is held by something can they handle what they will find while they get scared away from the most likely place to start for good reasons.

Remember Merrick is also not a pushover and likely even better in a fight as Sharon with his invisibility skill. MC may be a super badass in potential compared to most if forget about C and Fabian for example, but neither MC or Sharon are fully aware of that yet. :p Sure they could maybe have asked for help from C or Fabian, but we know what Sharon believes about Fabian and it is not like MC is overly connected yet in vamp society and as Maalia taught him boons can be expensive and help rarely comes for free among vamps.

Sharon is trying to get that town under control and since plan A failed with major they now have set plan B in motion, which does not include Sharon since she is known to major. Do you propose they bite every citizen of the town so they become thralls? Well then there would be no reason to limit Malia to max three feedings a night in club and the humans would likely destroy MC and Sharon soonish, besides by breaking the secrecy rule of vampires they would get into trouble with the princeps and his court. Andrew is not only one that can use a flamethrower and MC might be powerful, he is not immortal and sleeps during day time so pissing off the humans may be eve worse as that court since MC can likely handle them if pushed to that but neither Sharon or MC knows that. So they will try to stay within the rules and try not to attract undue attention while taking over the town

Sharon and Mc dynamic is changing slowly since MC stood up against Sharon about Astrid indeed, whether that is because of that standing up and proven to be right of MC or as Arigon suggested earlier may have to do with the blood of MC she ingested, I do not know.
Well, guess we wont reach an agreement. I think they are not doing anything and the only actions they have taken were because Markus pushed them. They changed their behaviour and personaly from E1-2 and E3, and i dont like that.

Sharon and the MC should be taking a more active role like they did in previous episodes.

Reactions: DA22

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
They were important for the protagonists, because it was their survival. Those plots were important because if not being taken care about, MC would be Astryd's pet and Sharon would be Marcius pet.

You want to know what is not important right now? Buying chairs. That is not important.

You got given a zone of influence, and in that zone of incluence in a couple of weeks you got almost killed twice and got an ally dissapeared. The protagonists main concern should be what is happening in their zone of influence, not the chair color they use.

The only one thinking correctly is Markus.

Its as if Sharon and the MC had a change of personality from the first two episodes and the third.

When your life is in danger, that should be your main concern.
One of those attacks were organised by Astrid before Sharon was Archon, Now that she is Archon, It would be stupid by Astrid to attack as that would iniate a blood Hunt on her. ( So no danger from her)The other attack could be from the creature we see in our vision. And since no other attacks have taken place they are just waiting for the next step in their plans. Are they in a danger yes. But more like a drunk redneck with a shotgun at his sister wedding danger

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Well, guess we wont reach an agreement. I think they are not doing anything and the only actions they have taken were because Markus pushed them. They changed their behaviour and personaly from E1-2 and E3, and i dont like that.

Sharon and the MC should be taking a more active role like they did in previous episodes.
They could be doing more, but I wouldn't say their personality has changed. I think it's always been this way. Sharon is not incompetent by any means. She got many allies before getting any real power. Values her humanity. Her caring nature is what puts her in good terms with the Nos and what ultimately got her the MC as an ally as well. But these characters are full of contradictions just like real people are. Sharon has been shown time and time again to have character flaws. Not only that, she is often depicted as being in over her head, and maybe now more than ever. She always has played things safe rather than throwing gambits. It's MC and Andrew who often took the risky moves. MC might show more initiative, but he is an absolute noob still.

Remember, the threat in their turf is not actually aiming for them specifically, as far as they know. It's a feral Nos doing feral things. Their job is to take over the town, but the Masquerade always comes first. They can't just go on a rampage to resolve all the issues. It's natural for Sharon to play it by the books and slowly get the leaders in town under her control. I don't think their actions are really illogical. The chair plot is kinda random, but it is a subtle shift in power dynamics between MC and Sharon. I take it a symbolic deference where she offers him the "throne." Plus, how hard is it to get a chair? It's not like they spent days going to every IKEA to pick it out.

edit: Also, Sharon is essentially an Archon in name only. Their team consists of 3 competents + 2 unreliable assets in Laurie and Carmen. They have yet to bring in all the vamps in the town under their influence (if notable vamps even exist in this town lol). Compare it to Marcius who could influence anyone under his turf and had a court or whatever that is according to lore. It's gonna be a slow process to build up their power base unless outside forces play a role. Their focus should rightly be in gaining control of the town first. The feud with Astrid, mysteries involving the temple, and feral Nos are not a direct threat to their immediate safety, so these become secondary concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arigon and c3p0

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I do agree that MC seem a lot less gungho after the feral Nos incident and since sharon got her own area not sure I could really blame him for that.
But I did think the MC had already made a failed atempt to locate Merrick using his own computer to try and locate the NOC hide Merrick said he'd found before he went missing and before Markus threateningly requested they try harder to find him.
Ok that said But I must state before the following that I'm not normally prone to stereotyping but this one I can't resist.

But more like a drunk redneck with a shotgun at his sister wedding danger
wait what... wouldn't he be the groom?.

Reactions: FunFuntomes

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
Frequent, but very short updates. Best to wait for 2-3 updates then play imo.
Thanks. Not sure I can hold off if there is any kind of an update, though. Not sure why I didn’t try this one earlier. I have zero issues with a slow burn as long as the story is captivating. This one certainly is.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
They could be doing more, but I wouldn't say their personality has changed. I think it's always been this way. Sharon is not incompetent by any means. She got many allies before getting any real power. Values her humanity. Her caring nature is what puts her in good terms with the Nos and what ultimately got her the MC as an ally as well. But these characters are full of contradictions just like real people are. Sharon has been shown time and time again to have character flaws. Not only that, she is often depicted as being in over her head, and maybe now more than ever. She always has played things safe rather than throwing gambits. It's MC and Andrew who often took the risky moves. MC might show more initiative, but he is an absolute noob still.

Remember, the threat in their turf is not actually aiming for them specifically, as far as they know. It's a feral Nos doing feral things. Their job is to take over the town, but the Masquerade always comes first. They can't just go on a rampage to resolve all the issues. It's natural for Sharon to play it by the books and slowly get the leaders in town under her control. I don't think their actions are really illogical. The chair plot is kinda random, but it is a subtle shift in power dynamics between MC and Sharon. I take it a symbolic deference where she offers him the "throne." Plus, how hard is it to get a chair? It's not like they spent days going to every IKEA to pick it out.

edit: Also, Sharon is essentially an Archon in name only. Their team consists of 3 competents + 2 unreliable assets in Laurie and Carmen. They have yet to bring in all the vamps in the town under their influence (if notable vamps even exist in this town lol). Compare it to Marcius who could influence anyone under his turf and had a court or whatever that is according to lore. It's gonna be a slow process to build up their power base unless outside forces play a role. Their focus should rightly be in gaining control of the town first. The feud with Astrid, mysteries involving the temple, and feral Nos are not a direct threat to their immediate safety, so these become secondary concerns.
I strongly disagree. You dont get your life threatened two times in a couple of weeks and an ally disappeared and are not under direct threat.

I understand the moves to get the mayor and the police chief under control first, i get it, but that is on track already. After that, your next priority is dealing with the threats that almost kill you. Nothing comes before that. You dont ned to go on a rampage to place a bait, or to send your new asset of the police to ask questions or sweep the forest.

And again, those are just examples that came to mind in a few minutes, i am sure with enough thougts there are plenty of other stuff they can do.

What you cant do, is nothing. Again, Markus is doing more than them to deal with the situation, and MC and Sharon should be as active as Markus is with dealing with the situation.

The temple mysteries can wait untill after you deal with your life threatening situation.

Instead, they decide to do nothing, go throwing up boons to deal with a situation that is nor urgent (temple mysteries) and even get annoyed when Markus try to focus them on the real important stuff.

So yes, there is a personality change, they changed from an active unit that were constantly trying to deal with the situations at hand, to a passive unit that is waiting for others to move their agenda, Again, Sharon and MC should be acting like Markus is. That is how they acted duyring two episodes, and now on episode 3 they suddenly became beta personalities that are waiting and fooling around instead of thinking and dealing with the urgent situations

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I strongly disagree. You dont get your life threatened two times in a couple of weeks and an ally disappeared and are not under direct threat.

I understand the moves to get the mayor and the police chief under control first, i get it, but that is on track already. After that, your next priority is dealing with the threats that almost kill you. Nothing comes before that. You dont ned to go on a rampage to place a bait, or to send your new asset of the police to ask questions or sweep the forest.

And again, those are just examples that came to mind in a few minutes, i am sure with enough thougts there are plenty of other stuff they can do.

What you cant do, is nothing. Again, Markus is doing more than them to deal with the situation, and MC and Sharon should be as active as Markus is with dealing with the situation.

The temple mysteries can wait untill after you deal with your life threatening situation.

Instead, they decide to do nothing, go throwing up boons to deal with a situation that is nor urgent (temple mysteries) and even get annoyed when Markus try to focus them on the real important stuff.

So yes, there is a personality change, they changed from an active unit that were constantly trying to deal with the situations at hand, to a passive unit that is waiting for others to move their agenda, Again, Sharon and MC should be acting like Markus is. That is how they acted duyring two episodes, and now on episode 3 they suddenly became beta personalities that are waiting and fooling around instead of thinking and dealing with the urgent situations
What life threatening situation? They went monster hunting and fought a monster. It wasn't an assassin. They assumed Merrick croaked under the sun since he didn't show up. They only realized his alive after Marcus told MC. Marcus isn't trying to save MC's crew, he just wants to find his homeboy. Carmen is taken care of and they are already using her to try to get back at Astrid.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
For those complaining that still no action.. Sharon words at the end were very clear in my opinion had MC blood dolls they would have fucked.. and you can get your blood doll for next update

My stats are all fine. Something probably happened to you

Ohh please... another wanna be villain trying to steal my thunder! Get in line!:cautious:
the throne scene with her on his lap was so much more impactful to me than any sex would be

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes