4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Red Bold Comments Below

Very valid point. I want to draw a line of sorts here, as I think it is important.
Sharon has both an attraction power, (unexpressed in game, but let's call it Presence) which brings her potential victims to her from across the room, and she has her "Eyes" Let's call that Domination.
Domination allows her to Influence, and Control minds, rewrite memories, and in essence make people her slaves until she thralls them properly.
The MC has the power of Whispers, which is arguably much more powerful. Without eye contact, it allows one to place whatever thought process in motion you desire..Added to this, while not expressed in the game as a separate power, he shares the Presence ability to attract attention, and while he has yet to have Zephir's telepathic power, he is able to read what the target of his Whisper is thinking and thus react accordingly. Super powerful ability, and Slaving folks is not even an afterthought.
What the Nos seem to have suffered is something a bit more and a bit less. They are slaves. They lack much in the way of Free Will. The MC felt dread when going down in the cave. So did Ivy. Andrew and Markus did not. The reason could be very interesting, such as what if Andrew's blood source traces it's lineage back to Ereshkigal as do the Nos???? That might give the immunity to the dread and allow them to come closer for the more savage enslavement. We are going to see shortly.....
Expand and Read Inside the next quote for responses in red bold.

Peace
Thank you for your reply... In the future could you refrain from red as a highlight as it difficult to read due to my eyes.

Peace.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Warscared, it seems to me that Enki, Ereshkiga, Inanna, Tiamat, ... and the like are powerful gods in the story that can all create champions to act as their proxies. Imho they are not Gen anything, THEY are the creators and could if they wish provide their proxies with identical or similar 'powers' that other gods may have used for some of their proxies then so be it.

In this thread it seems that great effort is made to try and juxtapose aspects of ancient myths and legends onto attributes from modern fiction; given the murky and highly varied nature of ancient myths and legends this is almost a lost cause, because whilst a few things may fit many will not ... that is exactly why academia adopts a consensus view.

However, as we all know hypothesising can be great fun.

In an earlier post I showed that Inanna was 'in the room' when the MC was created and to my mind could have easily modified his attributes according to her perceived need for his tasks ahead; Calisto on the other hand - according to Fabian - lives in fear of her being attacked by her childe's, so she will definitely not want him to be more powerful/or different than her. Also I don't think that Calisto has a good perspective of things yet, she encourages the MC to 'take out' Ereshkigal, but from Franks perspective 'how can you fight or kill a god' ... the best that you can hope for is that they may sleep for a while.

Originally I believed that the title Rebirth pertained to the MC - which of course it does from certain perspectives, but now it seems to me that may not be the case .. to me it looks more like the MC is created to provide the means for the Rebirth of Inanna - by essentially providing her with food and water when he finally gets there.

I do like Arigon's distinction between the slaves in Ereshkigal's bloodline and the 'partially free will' in Inanna's bloodline - fits to a point. Not all myths allude to the sister jealousy, and if I adopt a devils advocate position Inanna ran from the underworld followed by a host of demons, she was seemingly neither troubled by them nor in fear of them because she ignored there demands for a replacement, it was only when she discovered that her 'husband' had disrespected her by not grieving for her when she was dead for three days that she gave him up as a replacement.

In the present story it is still unclear how or why Inanna has become imprisoned for a second time and what, if anything, Ereshkigal has to do with it. A long shot, for all we know the MC could be going to Ereshkigal to ask for her help in releasing Inanna from the underworld and has to fight guardians before he can have an audience. Meh, interesting times, we will just have to wait with baited breath to see how it all pans out.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared and DA22

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
so what you are saying is that me without ever reading VTM got it right and there where several generations that got taken out successfully time and time again due to either environmental limitations (farming was still rudimentary and therefore proper places and cities where very limited thus ecological niches for vampires to evolve)!

and that the 2nd and 3rd generations reached the status of gods not by virtue of blood alone but by consuming their children brothers and sisters and even parents?

this begs the question if the stronger vampires are not all artificial and the youngest generations are actually more akin to the real vampires as the blood boost of the older generations that diablirized 200 vampires each disappear? like a return to base power levels ... perhaps the original vampires where as strong as a 20th generation? so stronger then humans but not by much?

i wonder if their power level and their level of humanity are connected to their sun resistance? if its back to a base power level perhaps the 18th generation might be more resistant to the sun because vampires had to be able to exist before there where city´s and there are not so many caves available so perhaps an original human hybrid who was weaker in the sun but not too weak existed?

i understand the lore but such powerfull creatures could not have existed under the power its attributed to them nowadays!
so maybe vampires where "elite" humans infected with a bat virus that made them stronger... fuck we can even mix that with the mega fauna extinction as a kind of technology that made them sterile!

and depending on how historically we want to be... perhaps match the fall of the temples/palaces civilization with the bronze age colapse that created a human shortage thus making all the strongest to fight among themselves and left them scared and in need to go into torpor!

what ya think @D3xzalias and @andrew david irving
Yeah i think you are right on the point that they basically starved themself out.
With 3rd gen starting at around 8000 bc. We can come to the conclussion with the founding of the first major city Jericho that the Vamps found a way to keep themself sustained and alive.

I think the elder vamps are more of a clone of the said deity, Were the deity chooses certain aspects of their power to be imbued with said clone. (But if we are gonna deep dive in that. We need a bigger thread)

But like Arigon said there are no 18th gen vamps they would be so weak, That most common men would be able to kill them.

About the immune to sun (like daywalking) is not possible for most modern vamps. Since the blood that keeps you alive is cursed and with said 18th gen (if they exsisted) their blood would be still infected with the curse and still affected by it.

So yeah i agree with what you posted about Vamp civilization

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Hi Warscared, it seems to me that Enki, Ereshkiga, Inanna, Tiamat, ... and the like are powerful gods in the story that can all create champions to act as their proxies. Imho they are not Gen anything, THEY are the creators and could if they wish provide their proxies with identical or similar 'powers' that other gods may have used for some of their proxies then so be it. In this thread it seems that great effort is made to try and juxtapose aspects of ancient myths and legends onto attributes from modern fiction; given the murky and highly varied nature of ancient myths and legends this is almost a lost cause, because whilst a few things may fit many will not ... that is exactly why academia adopts a consensus view. However, as we all know hypothesising can be great fun. In an earlier post I showed that Inanna was 'in the room' when the MC was created and to my mind could have easily modified his attributes according to her perceived need for his tasks ahead; Calisto on the other hand - according to Fabian - lives in fear of her being attacked by her childe's, so she will definitely not want him to be more powerful/or different than her. Also I don't think that Calisto has a good perspective of things yet, she encourages the MC to 'take out' Ereshkigal, but from Franks perspective 'how can you fight or kill a god' ... the best that you can hope for is that they may sleep for a while. Originally I believed that the title Rebirth pertained to the MC - which of course it does from certain perspectives, but now it seems to me that may not be the case .. to me it looks more like the MC is created to provide the means for the Rebirth of Inanna - by essentially providing her with food and water when he finally gets there. I do like Arigon's distinction between the slaves in Ereshkigal's bloodline and the 'partially free will' in Inanna's bloodline - fits to a point. Not all myths allude to the sister jealousy, and if I adopt a devils advocate position Inanna ran from the underworld followed by a host of demons, she was seemingly neither troubled by them nor in fear of them because she ignored there demands for a replacement, it was only when she discovered that her 'husband' had disrespected her by not grieving for her when she was dead for three days that she gave him up as a replacement. In the present story it is still unclear how or why Inanna has become imprisoned for a second time and what, if anything, Ereshkigal has to do with it. A long shot, for all we know the MC could be going to Ereshkigal to ask for her help in releasing Inanna from the underworld and has to fight guardians before he can have an audience. Meh, interesting times, we will just have to wait with baited breath to see how it all pans out.
Puhhh, wall of text hits you for 1000 damage. Can you group your text into paragraphs and add a few blank lines?

Mar 28, 2018
Aaha Topper69, I see that we have a follower of fashion, extoling the virtues of simplified Plain English from the 1960's .... Before Plain English arrived paragraphs could often be more than 100 lines long, and sentences could easily take up half a page in length - which is excessive I agree. Hate to say it but when storing writing electronically ALL of the paragraphs and sometimes the spacing can be removed for compactness.

Whilst I am definitely in favour of clear concise writing, I do consider it a retrograde step to reduce communication to mere one line 'bullet points' or 64 character messages or the like, which to me has adversely affected language. Each to their own I guess. Just for you I will add in a couple of line breaks.

Edit: should add the laws and some legal documents may NOT have any punctuation at all because of the potential for multiple interpretations of the text ...

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Aaha Topper69, I see that we have a follower of fashion, extoling the virtues of simplified Plain English from the 1960's .... Before Plain English arrived paragraphs could often be more than 100 lines long, and sentences could easily take up half a page in length - which is excessive I agree. Hate to say it but when storing writing electronically ALL of the paragraphs and sometimes the spacing can be removed for compactness.

Whilst I am definitely in favour of clear concise writing, I do consider it a retrograde step to reduce communication to mere one line 'bullet points' or 64 character messages or the like, which to me has adversely affected language. Each to their own I guess. Just for you I will add in a couple of line breaks.

Edit: should add the laws and some legal documents may NOT have any punctuation at all because of the potential for multiple interpretations of the text ...
c3p0 sch00led me that if I am going to make 6 page posts I should not make his eyes bleed with a wall of words lol!!!

Hoping all of you are well.
Peace

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I deleted it and then downloaded it again, must have been broken when I unzipped it, works now.
Happy that it works for you now

Like with the episode 1 2 and 3 are free for download from likesblondes patreon it's better to download from patreon since that are the latest versions without the bugs

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
If you are invested in the story and characters, pay attention.....................
Tomorrow is going to stun some people, upset some people even...........................

Not me....

Me?

I am thoughtful....plotting....

1650744935406.png

Oh no, young Fledglings. You will find that it is you who are mistaken - about a great many things....
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. (or theories anyway:p)

Peace

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
If you are invested in the story and characters, pay attention.....................
Tomorrow is going to stun some people, upset some people even...........................

Not me....

Me?

View attachment 1772834

Oh no, young Fledglings. You will find that it is you who are mistaken - about a great many things....
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. (or theories anyway:p)

Peace
Don't tease us like that, Be civilized and harass us after it comes out and then gloat about it :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

Not me....

Me?

View attachment 1772834

Peace
ok, now admit...how much money did you pay to them (or bribed them some other way) just to keep all your (betting) bodyparts intact?:WeSmart::HideThePain:

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes