4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
Same problem, when I try to load my saves from the end of Update 2 I get an error message ending "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?"

When I load one of my earlier saves, or imports from Episode 3, I just get as far as the end of Update 2 and the episode ends.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe this update is only for those who have Laurie. I think the next update will be for those who don't.

gpsywolf

Sep 30, 2019
Was it just me, or did the Mc come off as a massive dick this chapter?
Nope, not just you bud.. this whole update could be called "where the fuck did nice protag go and who made him king of the fucking hill".. I mean, Whats her name is STILL the Archon, and she doesnt even pretend to be mad when you order her around anymore. Basically you just bark orders at pretty much everyone while she ... does whatever the fuck shes doing.. I dont buy it

Bill521

Nov 13, 2020
I believe this update is only for those who have Laurie. I think the next update will be for those who don't.
How do I get Laurie?

I have 2 playthroughs, as most choices have 2 options, where I select a different option on each but don't have Laurie in either.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Nope, not just you bud.. this whole update could be called "where the fuck did nice protag go and who made him king of the fucking hill".. I mean, Whats her name is STILL the Archon, and she doesnt even pretend to be mad when you order her around anymore. Basically you just bark orders at pretty much everyone while she ... does whatever the fuck shes doing.. I dont buy it
Well it makes sense, for us it has been a little while but for them, they almost got killed and she just turned someone, Sharon(?), the archon lady and MC's step-vamp-mommy, listens to him while they are dealing with his Vamp-Mommy only after vamp_mommy shows her power, and in this update, she is in no position to give orders since for some reason it seems like when she turns someone she gets super-protective, probably because of her past and all, So basically I chalk up the Mc being an asshole to trauma response, he is scared shitless and the person to whom he normally would look for to take charge is too absent-minded at the moment(and previously was way too high on being an Archon), not saying that the Mc isn't acting like an asshole, just that it is justified.

Bushhunter

May 6, 2020
If you go straight to Vamp Mommy you tell her you went with a bunch of other vamps and the nos and still got your asses kicked, she just gets annoyed. I would think something that can kill a group of vamps would make her think a bit rather then just get annoyed.

dantes1830

Sep 20, 2021

Well it makes sense, for us it has been a little while but for them, they almost got killed and she just turned someone, Sharon(?), the archon lady and MC's step-vamp-mommy, listens to him while they are dealing with his Vamp-Mommy only after vamp_mommy shows her power, and in this update, she is in no position to give orders since for some reason it seems like when she turns someone she gets super-protective, probably because of her past and all, So basically I chalk up the Mc being an asshole to trauma response, he is scared shitless and the person to whom he normally would look for to take charge is too absent-minded at the moment(and previously was way too high on being an Archon), not saying that the Mc isn't acting like an asshole, just that it is justified.
Apparently every episode some character is criticized for this

Alright theory crafters

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sharon has had the reality of her situation finally begin to sink in.
1- She was tasked to babysit what she thought was a normal new vampire.
2- Nothing about the new vampire was normal.
3- Even though she did her best to train the vampire, he exceeded all her expectations and understanding with how quickly he gained in power and abilities.
4- He has unexplainable powers.
5- His Vampire Mommy was unlike anything she had ever seen in her 70 years as a vampire, and she finally had to acknowledge something was different.
6- She discovers, unless you lie to her, that she was made Archon, as a Gift to YOU.
So basically her entire world is upside down. Then add to that her experience down in the cave, and what was experienced in this update and she is focusing on what she is still able to focus on.

How do I get Laurie?

I have 2 playthroughs, as most choices have 2 options, where I select a different option on each but don't have Laurie in either.
This is not a spoiler as LB stated it on Patreon, but those of you who can not advance, are trying to play when you did not have the conditions satisfied to save Laurie. That path is not available yet, and will be done next month. If you wish to play this update, you need to go back and be nicer to Sharon.

As I explained above, Sharon is totally out of her element.
Not a spoiler exactly, but I will explain for folks who are newer, or do not understand.
Sharon, Laurie, Malia, all the vampires in town except Virgil-for sure, Roland, Calisto-for sure, and Fabian-for sure, are regular vampires. Plain old "wimpy" vampires. Sharon does not have a special sire, in fact her sire may be dead for all we know. What we know about Sharon's past is she was embraced while very young, had been Andrew's daughter's babysitter. The daughter had MS, and in order to save her life, Sharon gave her blood. Not enough to completely thrall her. As a result, the daughter and wife were taken one day, and Andrew came home to an empty house. Sharon was able to reconnect with Andrew even though she was banished from the southern part of the city, and he became her loyal thrall, and she became his surrogate daughter. Andrew is driven by love for her, and revenge for what was taken from him.

Sharon does not even weigh in on the scale of the level of what the MC is capable of already, much less 50-75 years down the line. She is Archon in name only, and Marcius treats it that way, as do most people, as they come to the MC instead of her. (Marcius, Nos, Malia to name them thus far.)

Her being Archon has lost a lot of luster now that she knows it was a sham to provide a safe haven for Calisto's childe to have some time to develop.
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Multiposting time look inside the quote for my responses in large white bold.

Peace

Reactions: andrew david irving

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Ep4 up3 won't play saves from previous chapter for me. Anyone else with that problem? It forces me to start Ep4 all over again. This is getting tiresome. I keep running into this same problem with various games.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
Ep4 up3 won't play saves from previous chapter for me. Anyone else with that problem? It forces me to start Ep4 all over again. This is getting tiresome. I keep running into this same problem with various games.

I had the same issue.
There is a patch listed in an earlier posting.

If that doesn't work for you.
You may just have to fast forward through it.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
This was already mentioned several times. Saves from the end of the last update are mostly not compatible. Try to use older ones a bit before the end of Episode 4 / update 2 or Autosaves.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
This is not a spoiler as LB stated it on Patreon, but those of you who can not advance, are trying to play when you did not have the conditions satisfied to save Laurie. That path is not available yet, and will be done next month. If you wish to play this update, you need to go back and be nicer to Sharon.
Hold up, you're telling me I won't be able to have Laurie route because I wasn't nice to Sharon?

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes