4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
I download around 70-80% of the games here as compressed ... AND I have NEVER seen before an so crazy compressed version ... even renpy files alone are around 70-80MB in size ... so how much is left for pictures? :rolleyes:
Just guessing - the image files are 60% (at most?) image quality webp? -> thx but no thx
Dont get me wrong ... I really appreciate every time a nice compressor guy/gal takes on the job and helps us here ... but I think Jeevant overdid the compression ... 80% should be a adequate quality for compression (maybe even 90%) ... but not lower ... would be nice to see a short info which compression is used though ... (ex: 80% webp or 75% jpg)
It's 80% that i use. Dev apparently doesn't optimise it.

• Hey there
Reactions: Turret and PPLayer

lqpmaz

Jul 25, 2021
Seems the game got a big bug. When starting a new EP4 game it throws you to the main screen after finishing update 1...
something to do with update 4 same thing happened to me used update 3 and it was fine when i got to end of 3 then used 4 to see new stuff

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
something to do with update 4 same thing happened to me used update 3 and it was fine when i got to end of 3 then used 4 to see new stuff
Laurie died? No? Then wait a month until the next release.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Seems the game got a big bug. When starting a new EP4 game it throws you to the main screen after finishing update 1...
Same for me. I could start episode 4 with a save transfer, but at the end of the first update you get thrown out.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
It's 80% that i use. Dev apparently doesn't optimise it.
I truly appreciate all compressors efforts ... yours too ^^
Just my personal opinion: a optimized image file (compressed from png) should be around 300kb (jpg or webp) size for 1080p ... that quality is usual indistinguishable from the original png´s for the 08/15 user with standard display (non prof or XL size^^). lower than 100kb image file size is a job done too but overdone (imo) :)
If you know what I mean ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jeevant

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
can someone give the save file from the starting of ep4 for the laurie died route or give walkthrough for it ?

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
is something wrong with this? i dont think anything was in the update, im not sure if we got back to sharons house after meeting calisto or whatever her name is in the last one but there was about 30 seconds worth of content if we didnt.

Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
put that in your game file they remove a code it needed
Thanks, but I already tried to copy the "old" EP4part1 from the previous update 3, then it worked again, too. But now I'm not sure if there are other bugs in this release also...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
damn i got tricked, it seems f95 uploaders also got tricked including the compressor
dev trolled a lot of people..... :/
well, you do know im joking there - this is valid update, and it should have content only on "laurie id dead path.
yet as there simply is no way for any decent rebirth player to let laurie die...hence the joke part in my previous post;)

Reactions: FFTW and FAP369ZONE

Jeevant

Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
I truly appreciate all compressors efforts ... yours too ^^
Just my personal opinion: a optimized image file (compressed from png) should be around 300kb (jpg or webp) size for 1080p ... that quality is usual indistinguishable from the original png´s for the 08/15 user with standard display (non prof or XL size^^). lower than 100kb image file size is a job done too but overdone (imo) :)
If you know what I mean ^^
in this case as you said 80% as adequate, i just used 80% and i have noticed in many cases anything below might start having quality loss. I didnt find any quality loss as i just now compared but ofc some people might have better eye sight or pc. Im curious did you see any huge quality drop between both versions?

as for the 100kb image size thing. that really isnt a good metric to set as all images are different depending on how many characters they include etc some can go way lower than other images in size.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
well, you do know im joking there - this is valid update, and it should have content only on "laurie id dead path.
yet as there simply is no way for any decent rebirth player to let laurie die...hence the joke part in my previous post;)
Any word to that Mortarion?:whistle::devilish:

But where are the "Dev can't do that! I demand that the game include 'Laurie life' and 'Laurie death' into one path. And if he don't I for sure won't support him - not that I would do it otherwise, but....." people?
Or where is the "LaurieDeathandLaurieLife" mod?

:devilish::ROFLMAO::sneaky::whistle::p

Jeevant

Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
damn i got tricked, it seems f95 uploaders also got tricked including the compressor
dev trolled a lot of people..... :/
as abhai said there actually is new content.
Attached file should help you know that too

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes