4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
i know there is already part 4 but still having problem with save in part 2

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 209, in script
    $ choose_save ( 3 )
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 209, in <module>
    $ choose_save ( 3 )
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 87, in choose_save
    mp2_3.gameSave3 = assign_save()
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 72, in assign_save
    27 : mirisex1,
NameError: global name 'mirisex1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 209, in script
    $ choose_save ( 3 )
  File "C:\f95\Downloads\Rebirthep2-ep2ver1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\f95\Downloads\Rebirthep2-ep2ver1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 209, in <module>
    $ choose_save ( 3 )
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 87, in choose_save
    mp2_3.gameSave3 = assign_save()
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 72, in assign_save
    27 : mirisex1,
NameError: global name 'mirisex1' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 2 ep2ver1
Thu May 25 20:51:56 2022
[/CODE]
It's been a while, but I think this is still the issue for the not updated EP2 downloads in the OP.
You can re-download the correct one from the Patreon page (it's free).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cramone

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I have been able to read many, many pages and just as many theories in this thread.
Very interesting explanations and points of view found their way into my apparently overtaxed brain...
(I have not read all pages though!).
After I spent meanwhile two years with this VN, I gave up to be able to understand the story, intrigues and backgrounds completely.
I just follow the story and try to make decisions, let's see where it takes me ;-)

However, one thing really disappointed me a lot:
After what felt like an eternity, endless flirting and ambiguously clear innuendos, it finally happened:
Sharon wants to "seduce" me! Yaaaaay! (Yes, I really like Sharon and also find her pretty and interesting).
Alright, I didn't really see anything, the dialogues were terribly cringe, no romance, devotion, passion at all.... Simply loveless!
When MC banged the female cop (supporting role) there was clearly more sex appeal than in this supposed climax of the story.
And from that perspective, it was really really bad.

Maybe someone can explain to me what that was supposed to represent?
Am I missing one or more posts from the DEVs?
Was this masterpiece not rewatched before release?
Not even a supporting role deserves such a loveless scene, and according to my feeling this one should really be something special....

Thanks already for your answers/theories/enlightenments ;-)

I'm downloading the latest update right now and I'm excited to see what will happen next...
For me it was not that bad. But of course it could have been better. At least a bit more brighter. But that's a thing most of the games from ptolemy (the co-developer here) seems to have.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Markosh_1973

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I have been able to read many, many pages and just as many theories in this thread.
Very interesting explanations and points of view found their way into my apparently overtaxed brain...
(I have not read all pages though!).
After I spent meanwhile two years with this VN, I gave up to be able to understand the story, intrigues and backgrounds completely.
I just follow the story and try to make decisions, let's see where it takes me ;-)

However, one thing really disappointed me a lot:
After what felt like an eternity, endless flirting and ambiguously clear innuendos, it finally happened:
Sharon wants to "seduce" me! Yaaaaay! (Yes, I really like Sharon and also find her pretty and interesting).
Alright, I didn't really see anything, the dialogues were terribly cringe, no romance, devotion, passion at all.... Simply loveless!
When MC banged the female cop (supporting role) there was clearly more sex appeal than in this supposed climax of the story.
And from that perspective, it was really really bad.

Am I missing one or more posts from the DEVs?
Was this masterpiece not rewatched before release?
Not even a supporting role deserves such a loveless scene, and according to my feeling this one should really be something special....

Thanks already for your answers/theories/enlightenments ;-)

I'm downloading the latest update right now and I'm excited to see what will happen next...
The only thing I can think of is that Sharon was a Virgin or very near to one. It would explain the dryness of the scene... I've never known a good first fuck.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
i feel like laurie will become another astrid in the future LOL
i don't ever see the MC draining Laurie [handing her to Callisto]. but she will have to be reined in, for everyone's sake, i imagine that is pretty normal actually.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
The only thing it represents is the devs aren't very good at writing or visualizing sex scenes. The Miri & Carmen scenes might have been better, but they still weren't great. Probably a good thing this game has few lewd scenes, they certainly don't seem to be their forte.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markosh_1973

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
Thank you all for your time and answers, that nails it... unfortunately
I enjoyed so far the latest update, but my expectations are going lower...

I think, I need some coffee :coffee:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
The only thing it represents is the devs aren't very good at writing or visualizing sex scenes. The Miri & Carmn scenes might have been better, but they still weren't great. Probably a good thing this game has few lewd scenes, they certainly don't seem to be their forte.
and they will not become better unless they try harder!
Besides sex scenes are easy its the entire ambiance and situation that leads to sex that is hard to create!
that is why 95% of the games here including those that try are not realistic except perhaps for the tyrant but because the premise is that he is an asshole rapist!
now if the premise is that its a vampire who has issues getting hard... sex scenes make no sense whatsoever except in situations of ways of showing love and devotion or manipulation!
its very hard to have a romantic run of the mill MC and create situations and environments that lead to realistic sex scenes without drugs/booze/intoxicants or in the context of a romantic relationship!

likes blonds can create those situations with single LI paths romantic partnerships! (life with mary)

for instance in one of their other games they droped the dead gorgeous slut because they did not know how to handle her (the incest game life of haley or something...)

as for people saying one can not use speak of other games, most of these games belong to these devs and are being used as examples of how they have evolved (or how slow their evolution is...)

Reactions: venomousgamer

randysum

Oct 5, 2021
For me it was not that bad. But of course it could have been better. At least a bit more brighter. But that's a thing most of the games from ptolemy (the co-developer here) seems to have.
Be nice if the DL links here would be updated. Mega sucks. assuming that's the E2 post you were referring to.

• Love

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Be nice if the DL links here would be updated. Mega sucks. assuming that's the E2 post you were referring to.
Yes, that's the Patreon post with the latest free download links. And for Episode 2 the last version there is ep2ver2, here it's still ep2ver1 (and with the bug). But if you already downloaded that version here on F95zone you also can use the "Save Transfer Fix" linked on the main page, then it should work again, too.

• Sad

Cramone

May 14, 2018
Yes, that's the Patreon post with the latest free download links. And for Episode 2 the last version there is ep2ver2, here it's still ep2ver1 (and with the bug). But if you already downloaded that version here on F95zone you also can use the "Save Transfer Fix" linked on the main page, then it should work again, too.
i hope it works, finger cross

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
I finished playing episode 1 and it mentions at the end that there are 4 save slots for multiple playthroughs. I'm assuming these are for different character routes. If they are, what current routes are there?

Last edited:

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
You can play the different options but remember that you need those stats up to max to get through this game alive.

crivella

Sep 27, 2017
You can try the multi mod, you should be able to start EP4 even without a save transfer file (but I havn't tested that myself)
Thank you, it works.

I have to say that i'm a little disappointed...i don't remember if the writing was better but i think is falling short..

randomhelix

Jul 7, 2018
Any idea how to make ep 2 work in android. I finished ep1 but the game cant detect my save. I even played ep1 till it asked me to save for ep2.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Any idea how to make ep 2 work in android. I finished ep1 but the game cant detect my save. I even played ep1 till it asked me to save for ep2.
I would post on the Android port forum to request that a port for this be created. If someone there makes one, you could then reach out to the creator of that port.

I would suspect that the way saves are created at the end of each episode (different than normal Ren'Py saves) is something that an Android port would specifically need to address. It might not be straightforward; the porter likely has to manually make an adjustment for where the location on that OS would be stored as well as where the later episodes look to find the episode-end save files.

Reactions: randomhelix

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
not bad update but like others said mc and sharon having sex was like eating licorice in coal cellar aka can't see anything.

also weird bug, on path where mc gave astrid to "mommy" dialogue was same as it was on keeping her prisoned.

Reactions: hawk784563

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi

Well, we started on this month's update.
It's too early to say whether it's going well or not. But we managed to keep to our schedule so far. So fingers crossed XD
Kids going back to school next week, so I've pretty busy with that for the past couple of days. But work has been progressing pretty much as usual.
So far so good.

Best regards

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes