4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
Just played all the way through. Liked it overall, but the whole vamps have less blood causing the MC to have ED just feels like a load of bs tbh. It is what it is I guess.

Also I really don't like Laurie very much. She gets more idiotic and annoying as story progresses and I was so torn to just go with the cave death over turning route, but didn't feel right and decided nah, she'll come back better. The other major fk up that turned her into a thrall should have been a "reality" check for her ... wasn't ... so this definitely will do it... but nope she's just as bad if not worse.

Though it doesn't help that MC just brushes it off as...oh, well...thats just Laurie being Laurie. And just letting whatever bullshit excuse she has slide, never really confronting her or Sharon putting her in her place. It should have happened way to long ago.

Last edited:

venomousgamer

Jul 3, 2020
Ep4 Update 6

Very nice very nice so far, my kind of VN, lot of interesting stories to explore and I loved the experience so far. Life with Mary was one of the very first AVN I had played through when I discovered the wonderful work that is AVN. I replayed that game a few days again and then I had to play this game as well. What an intriguing tale in the vampiric lore. Oh, what are the possibilities? Let's hope that the updates come soon.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Just played all the way through. Liked it overall, but the whole vamps have less blood causing the MC to have ED just feels like a load of bs tbh. It is what it is I guess.
I mentioned it earlier in this and in "The bite" threads, but that is complete bull made by the makers of VtM/WoD(clearly an inspiration here), which even goes against one of the 4 main pillars of the Vampire legends. The "lustfull Undead" go very far back, to at least Babylonian times!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi

Hope this finds you well.
We're progressing pretty well over here. This update you'll be seeing a lot of Carmen.
Also, I think I've got my grubby little hands on some more music to add. Hopefully we'll be adding it this update.
No reason for any delays. And I'll see you next Sunday.

Best regards
Likesblondes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Hi

Hope this finds you well.
We're progressing pretty well over here. This update you'll be seeing a lot of Carmen.
Also, I think I've got my grubby little hands on some more music to add. Hopefully we'll be adding it this update.
No reason for any delays. And I'll see you next Sunday.

Best regards
Likesblondes
Really loving that we're gonna see lots of Carmen (was missing her in the recent couple of updates). :love:
Thanks for posting this dev post!

Reactions: Abhai and c3p0

Cain29

Aug 6, 2021
Just got finished with the second episode. It was good, I just not sure I understand Laurie...she seems like she is not person but a plot device. The others seem to have a history and goals but she seems to be lacking there. Maybe it will change in the next episode or two.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Just got finished with the second episode. It was good, I just not sure I understand Laurie...she seems like she is not person but a plot device. The others seem to have a history and goals but she seems to be lacking there. Maybe it will change in the next episode or two.
not completely wrong, she's (well was) a last link (besides landlady (actual not mommy disguised)) to humanity and previous life.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
A lot more of Carmen? Does that mean she's next in line to become a vmpire?
Hey all,
Covid-19 beat the snot out of my entire family. I am not back full time on anything, but I thought I would pop in and say hi.

Unless the guys changed their minds while I have been sick, then no, Carmen stays human, though as a willing thrall. To be honest I don't want to spoiler you all with that last bit but no, she won't be a vampire in This novel.
Peace and stay safe people.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Hey all,
Covid-19 beat the snot out of my entire family. I am not back full time on anything, but I thought I would pop in and say hi.

Unless the guys changed their minds while I have been sick, then no, Carmen stays human, though as a willing thrall. To be honest I don't want to spoiler you all with that last bit but no, she won't be a vampire in This novel.
Peace and stay safe people.
I hope your family is ok. took me three months to finally get off oxygen, took my little brother from me as well . I'm glad to see you on the thread though. Be safe , get better and i will commiserate with you soon.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Can anyone post what likesblondes wrote on patreon seems there is something wrong?
No Rebirth today. That is the essence of the message. I will post the Patreon post later today, when I'm home again.

Last edited:
Reactions: D3xzalias

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Well, the update is done. Sorta.

When we finish an update we run through it once or twice just to make sure there are no crashes etc.... When we did that this time, we noticed something. The placement of a lot of the scenes in the second part of the update didn't feel right. The shift in focus is too sudden. It's just bad. It looked good when we wrote them down, but in the actual game it feels off.
Now with every update, there are things that get cut. Get pushed to a future update etc.... And that's what we would usually do in this case. We'd cut the material that didn't work and push those scenes to a future update. This time however it's pretty big due to the placement in the story of the scenes that don't work. To give you an idea, of the 250 images we made for this update almost 100 wouldn't appear in the game.
Now, we're left with 3 options.
1) Release the update as it is. ( Sorry, we won't do that. It just doesn't work.)
2) Delay the release until we manage to create some "transition" scenes, that help us shift the focus more slowly between the scenes in the first part of the update and those in the second part. ( We might do that if it doesn't delay the update by more than a week. To have a month in which we took people's donations, and didn't release something would be intolerable.)
3) Have a truncated release. Cut the second part. Leave the images in the game and use them in next month's update. By then we'll have enough time to make the transition from the first to the second part go well.

The first option we just won't do. We've poured a lot of effort into Rebirth in the last few years. It would just feel wrong.
We might do the second option if we can get it done in time. We don't want to have the month go by without an update. It's a self-discipline thing, that keeps us from procrastinating, and pushes us to actually finish the game.
If we can't get it done in time. We'll go for the third option. And we'll do the release tomorrow, after the cuts.

Apologies. This is completely on us. Our fault. What we had on the page, didn't feel the same way in the game.
We'll either release a truncated update tomorrow. And add those scenes in addition to the next update ( The images for them are already done. So it won't be too difficult.), or I'll make a post with the new release date. If we think we can get it done in one week.
Thank you for understanding.

Best regards
Likesblondes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Well, the update is done. Sorta.

When we finish an update we run through it once or twice just to make sure there are no crashes etc.... When we did that this time, we noticed something. The placement of a lot of the scenes in the second part of the update didn't feel right. The shift in focus is too sudden. It's just bad. It looked good when we wrote them down, but in the actual game it feels off.
Now with every update, there are things that get cut. Get pushed to a future update etc.... And that's what we would usually do in this case. We'd cut the material that didn't work and push those scenes to a future update. This time however it's pretty big due to the placement in the story of the scenes that don't work. To give you an idea, of the 250 images we made for this update almost 100 wouldn't appear in the game.
Now, we're left with 3 options.
1) Release the update as it is. ( Sorry, we won't do that. It just doesn't work.)
2) Delay the release until we manage to create some "transition" scenes, that help us shift the focus more slowly between the scenes in the first part of the update and those in the second part. ( We might do that if it doesn't delay the update by more than a week. To have a month in which we took people's donations, and didn't release something would be intolerable.)
3) Have a truncated release. Cut the second part. Leave the images in the game and use them in next month's update. By then we'll have enough time to make the transition from the first to the second part go well.

The first option we just won't do. We've poured a lot of effort into Rebirth in the last few years. It would just feel wrong.
We might do the second option if we can get it done in time. We don't want to have the month go by without an update. It's a self-discipline thing, that keeps us from procrastinating, and pushes us to actually finish the game.
If we can't get it done in time. We'll go for the third option. And we'll do the release tomorrow, after the cuts.

Apologies. This is completely on us. Our fault. What we had on the page, didn't feel the same way in the game.
We'll either release a truncated update tomorrow. And add those scenes in addition to the next update ( The images for them are already done. So it won't be too difficult.), or I'll make a post with the new release date. If we think we can get it done in one week.
Thank you for understanding.

Best regards
Likesblondes
Oh well, sometimes shit just happens when one doesn't expect it, so it's understandable.

Actually, I wouldn't mind LikesBlondes just going for truncated release instead of putting much pressure on himself with the creation of the whole transition scenes within a week.

ghost1122

Oct 23, 2019
Still one of the best games I've played, and it will be worth the wait of a week or 2 to get more Carmen. Thanks

Mar 28, 2018
I agree, life can sometimes throw a curveball at you. I don't mind which option you choose, and I don't mind waiting 'until it is done'. Thank you for all of your hard work on this great story.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes