4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
This would be so ideal
Honestly, I wished MC would turn Carmen instead of making her a thrall. You know, nothing sweeter than making her that which she hates. Also, I would love to see Laurie's reaction to MC getting a new pet with a higher status than her. Jealousy Kitty fight!
But given how OP MC is and how secret his lineage is I strongly doubt we will go that way.

Two options for her in my opinion are:
-she is either enthralled
-she remains "free" human slowly seeing that MC is not an evil monster, just a monster.

I doubt it will be resolved next update. I can't wait for more! Gonna be a another long month..

Last edited:

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Short update but nice.

The set-up was kind of obvious this chapter but someone called it way back when Carmen first appeared in the story, so kudos to you. The bloodied hand test was kind of odd though, if Sharon had bitten her hand then and there, Carmen would have sprung her own trap prematurely and the result would be the slaughter or entrallment of the entire bar. Perhaps not such a great idea.

The true secret to a Vampire's youthful skin revealed!:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The bloodied hand test was kind of odd though, if Sharon had bitten her hand then and there, Carmen would have sprung her own trap prematurely and the result would be the slaughter or entrallment of the entire bar. Perhaps not such a great idea.
I see your point but I had understood it differently. Of course this is just my guess:

The way I saw it Carmen never expected to have her hand bitten, more to see her reaction and maybe to bait her. She probably did not need much confirmation already, as they have been warmed a couple of vamps was coming, and Sharon had just tried to use her powers on her. Just seeing how she reacted to the blood was all she needed.

It's not blood, it's taking regular mud baths
Being almost as pretty and glamorous as her, I can confirm that bathing in the blood of virgins also works. The problem is finding virgins these days, getting harder and harder... Staying out of the sun also helps, as sunlight accelerate wrinkles.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The setup was pretty obvious by the way she reacted when Sharron tried to control her. It'll be interesting how that situation is resolved, the only potential things to do with her is either.

- Kill her
- Make her a thrall
- Convert her to your side.

I assume 1 and 2 aren't possible, so I think she is going to turn on her handlers and join the team. Killing her would be a waste. She probably can't be a thrall since she has training to resist, maybe. So the conclusion is to convince her to join willingly.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The setup was pretty obvious by the way she reacted when Sharron tried to control her. It'll be interesting how that situation is resolved, the only potential things to do with her is either.

- Kill her
- Make her a thrall

I assume 1 and 2 aren't possible, so I think she is going to turn on her handlers and join the team. Killing her would be a waste. She probably can't be a thrall since she has training to resist, maybe. So the conclusion is to convince her to join willingly.
Even vampires can be enthralled. This was already confirmed by the Prince and Sharon later.
If she is turned I doubt it will be MC, maybe Sharon. But not MC as that would take the uniqueness out of him.

And she seems too beautiful to waste by killing her so soon. Like, too much detailed went into her for a small character.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
HELP do i add this game to ep 1 folder or make a new one?
New one. As if it was another game. And while you can find the old saves, don't load. Start the game and it will let you pick the save you chose from the previous episode when it asked to name the save.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019

- Kill her
- Make her a thrall

Honestly, I wished MC would turn Carmen instead of making her a thrall. You know, nothing sweeter than making her that which she hates. Also, I would love to see Laurie's reaction to MC getting a new pet with a higher status than her. Jealousy Kitty fight!
But given how OP MC is and how secret his lineage is I strongly doubt we will go that way.

Two options for her in my opinion are:
-she is either enthralled
-she remains "free" human slowly seeing that MC is not an evil monster, just a monster.

I doubt it will be resolved next update. I can't wait for more! Gonna be a another long month..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Nulldev and Ayhsel

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
I usually succeed in keeping myself from immediately downloading every new update of games/VNs that I like
so that I can enjoy a few updates worth content in a couple of months.

But I always seem to fail with Rebirth. ;)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Why the higher status though? And I like Laurie... she should have the higher status by seniority at least, maybe play a role in turning Carmen in a willing slave. One can hope! Would make the story less good, looks like the MC needs to stay the good guy
This is just my understanding of Vampire society in VTM (which need not even be the exactly same situation with Rebirth world, but as is the main inspiration I assumed).
The way I see it, being enthralled creates a master/servant relationship that is almost unbreakable. Servant almost never will go against master.
The control a vampire sire exerts on her child is weaker than one achieved by enthrallment. Even in Rebirth you still have the option of MC desiring to kill her sire (only way I would kill her is in bed If I manage to get a boner).
With these two elements in mind, assuming MC is sire of Carmen while Laurie remains enthralled, we could establish a transitivity order, where MC control over Carmen being weaker, allowing more independence, or a greater "status", as she is less a servant to MC than Laurie.
Of course, you need not have a complete order, and there could be no comparison between an enthralled human and a vampire child. So don't take my comment too serious, is more wishful thinking.

Reasons why I think Carmen having the upper hand is more interesting than the other way are the following:
while Carmen obviously not, Laurie already adores the MC, even before enthrallment. So she receiving what I think is a lesser position would allow for a more active Laurie, fighting constanly for the attention MC now gives to Carmen. I mean, let us be honest, Sharon position as MC Queen can only be taken from her by MC's sire or the beauty in the red dream. But Laurie could try to become MC best right hand, position that could also be taken by MC's vampiric child Carmen. On the contrary, a position in which Carmen has both a lower status and a lower affection to the MC would make the fight too unequal, with Laurie dominating Carmen over MC's attention/love. And I want a Kitten fight!! I want conflict!! I know, I am a monster. What can I do?

Disclaimer: out of the many female characters in the game: Sharon, Laurie, Carmen, Astrid, MC's sire, the beauty in the red dream, Laurie is the one I care less. I tend to dislike "obviously in love childhood friends", and Laurie kind of fits that description. Her relationship to MC is stronger that simple friendship and it never felt to me as brother/sister relationship. So yeah, Laurie is last in my list.

Last edited:

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I absolutely LOVE your game. I'm a Huge VTM fan after watching LA by Night. I love how you stick to the rules and I hope you add some Lore.

Some Questions:

What Clan is Sharon from?
Is our Coterie Ararch or Camarilla?
Will we be getting More Powers based on our Spec?

Reactions: moonmite84

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
For Carmen I'm kind of thinking she should be made into a thrall. The question is, a thrall to who? I mean, MC could be fun, but if we want to be evil and punish her... Merrick could probably use someone to do stuff for him in the daylight too...

I kind of think that, if it's possible for thralls, not sure it is, Laurie should eventually be Turned. Maybe by MC, maybe by his sire, maybe by Sandra(dammit) Sharon, I don't know.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes