4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

UncleS2k

May 8, 2020
What a great game! I didn't know this one before, so I was permitted to play through everything in one go. Just wonderful. And now it means for me too: impatiently waiting for the next update.
Finished my Audio/Cheating Mod for the new game version Episode 2 - Part1.

Main features:

Download Mod EP2-Part1 (~36MB):
Thanks for that. In my opinion, this massively improves a small weakness of the game - the music. And the cheat in episode 1 really helped me (had problems getting the claws scene at the archon's place)

Reactions: kschn68
D

Deleted member 2482011

Also devs should not so often discount the option to provide updates instead of just the whole game to download, It is at least as efficient when comes to keeping downloads manageable, but bypasses all the disadvantages of starting new chapters over and over.
That thought process went the way of the dodo bird 2 years ago amigo...
Now it's like download 2-4 GB for 3 minutes of content monthly [or so]... (general reply, not about rebirth, please don't eat me alive...)

For me, was kinda hoping wood on demand was one of his superpowers but he is a fledgeling so it may be coming, I don't think the dev considering their last game will leave us without gratification {although I'm still a little bitter that I couldn't have Andi too :p}
It is very apparent that Sharon already loves MC but is in denial, most likely due to past experiences but I did notice that Sharon & Mc have fed off each other once each now so they are 1/3 of the way towards enthrallment...

w00t!
(I'll reserve the dancing bananas to avoid facepalms from the uncouth masses missing any sort of a sense of humor...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I liked that update the show of concern showing by Sharon was good to see I just wonder what will become of Carmen she is far too pretty to let her go to waste.
simple.... she'll be shown that she has been duped by Astrid, and will be let go free, worst case scenario, will become a thrall.
and don't forget that Astrid broke the masquerade, so a thrall's testomony if she was given the order to tell the truth would be enough to have her killed

Jacktron1

Mar 22, 2019
simple.... she'll be shown that she has been duped by Astrid, and will be let go free, worst case scenario, will become a thrall.
and don't forget that Astrid broke the masquerade, so a thrall's testomony if she was given the order to tell the truth would be enough to have her killed
I do wonder how Sharon will react when we tell her what Carmen said about Astrid :unsure:

Urvile

Sep 12, 2017
I wonder if there will be any consequences for the powers in a future update, cause so far there have been no drawbacks to them. Quite the opposite in fact having the powers plays out better for the MC at least in the short term. I just wonder if there may be plans to add a humanity like mechanic in later chapters, were the amount of powers works against you the more you have. As it said when you get given the claws option "Like refusing a demon pact" normally those that take that kind of deal, things normally don't work out well for them in the end.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jacktron1

kaduos

Nov 1, 2019
As much as I would like to see this blow up into an even more interactive game, probably gotta realize that the more stats, powers and other things along those lines that get added, the more tracking that needs to be done (for all the new open paths), and I can imagine that being a bit of a nightmare of a web of stories intertwined together if you're giving the player too many options. I mean, right now the game is really fun and interesting, and there still ain't even any sex. Would rather the focus be on working on what is established now and finishing it than getting crazy with new content.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
If MC can use Charisma talent as well like Invisibility or Claws it's kinda make MC god like.
Just think the look on Sharon's face when MC use Charisma skill better then her :D and regarding Carmen she is too beautiful to waste i hope we can see her more in future.

Reactions: Qmil679

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
If MC can use Charisma talent as well like Invisibility or Claws it's kinda make MC god like.
Just think the look on Sharon's face when MC use Charisma skill better then her :D and regarding Carmen she is too beautiful to waste i hope we can see her more in future.
I suspect that next episode, MC will be given a chance to use awe/presence to sway Carmen to his side, I don't think she's a hunter but a woman that simply hates vampires believing they killed her husband. she was informed by Astrid about Sharon's powers so as soon as Sharon started talking she cut herself to snap out of it

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Oh by the way... according to the lore, to be enthralled, it takes 3 sips, each on a different night, so MC drank from Sharon only once this update

Reactions: moonmite84

kaduos

Nov 1, 2019
Was just thinking about how it was weird that no one, even the vampire hierarchy, has any idea who MC's maker is, or sire if we want to use the VTM term. Clearly this game pulls a lot of its lore from VTM, Nos being Nosferatu and their ability to disappear (Obfuscate), thralls (ghouls), the masquerade secret society and the Camarilla-like ruling body, probably also True Blood with the whole "eyes" thing (glamour), but that's also a VTM thing with the Dominate powers. We even get some Anne Rice in here (Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned), with MC's maid looking very oddly like Louis' slave, since he was a plantation owner in the 1800's, and Lestat being a rock star (MC being a DJ). Had me thinking that MC's maker/sire could be inspired by Lilith (VTM, True Blood) or Akasha (Rice), especially since MC appears to be showing a variety of powers that the other characters find interesting (such as Sharon suggesting that her eyes power is exclusive to her "clan").

At any rate, that would be my guess, that she's some sort of mysterious progenitor figure that could be traced back to the very beginning, making the MC overall stronger and having more potential than other vampires with his varying access to powers, similar to VTM's generation system (lower generations closer to Caine being much stronger than higher generations farther from him). You really could go on all day about the similarities to varying vamp-media, though. Wouldn't be surprised if MC started being able to walk around in sunlight like Blade.

Don't get me wrong, though... I enjoy this VN a lot precisely because it's so familiar, basically fan fiction, but perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to throw out suggestions to help round it out more, especially since we probably don't want him to get into legal trouble over it. Would be a shame, because it's really good.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes