VN Ren'Py Abandoned Rebuilding My Family [v0.1.5] [Beauty & Pasta]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I really think dev just milking his patrons!
Or just things take time, and its not everyone that on Patreon that can do it full time. Remember Patreon is not about buy yourself entitlement to anything its about support a content creator, whatever you get back from that, or when you get any, doesn't really matter. If you don't like to support someone, or the way its progressing, they lose pledges. Successfull content creator make the audience interested and invested into them.

Just checked, and this guy got 44 patreons pulling a whole 142 a month. How is that milking? Want to work full time at something with no other jobs/income for 142 usd a month?

Reactions: Ara-sH

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Or just things take time, and its not everyone that on Patreon that can do it full time. Remember Patreon is not about buy yourself entitlement to anything its about support a content creator, whatever you get back from that, or when you get any, doesn't really matter. If you don't like to support someone, or the way its progressing, they lose pledges. Successfull content creator make the audience interested and invested into them.

Just checked, and this guy got 44 patreons pulling a whole 142 a month. How is that milking? Want to work full time at something with no other jobs/income for 142 usd a month?
I know what you saying, but in past 5 month his patron only got one very small update, and one rework model, nothing more, so dont you think that just is milking?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I know what you saying, but in past 5 month his patron only got one very small update, and one rework model, nothing more, so dont you think that just is milking?
No, I think that if you work 8 hours a day and possible family life and stuff in addition, and then maybe you lucky got a hour off now and then for your hobby.... things takes time? Sure if he pulled 2-3k a month and hardly did deliver anything, then you could start talk about milking.

uncejay

May 19, 2017
No, I think that if you work 8 hours a day and possible family life and stuff in addition, and then maybe you lucky got a hour off now and then for your hobby.... things takes time? Sure if he pulled 2-3k a month and hardly did deliver anything, then you could start talk about milking.
If that's the case, then he should change his patreon to charge "per release."

Reactions: Ara-sH

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If that's the case, then he should change his patreon to charge "per release."
Again, as I posted above. Patreon is about support content creators. What the creator promise to the pledges is another thing. If you go to this ones Patreon page, it says chapter 2 in progress and next update to be announced. Also his tiers in the pledges doesn't promise a set date for releases, or early release at set time either.

I think you misunderstand the concept of the Patreon platform.

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
Maybe he's not milking but his lack of communication with his pledgers annoying. He doesn't share any previews and rarely shares status reports. I had to canceled my pledge last week

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Maybe he's not milking but his lack of communication with his pledgers annoying. He doesn't share any previews and rarely shares status reports. I had to canceled my pledge last week
Thats fine, thats called vote with your money -) I keep rotate between some creators if they got slow release of new content (which is not limited to only games and such). The thing is, you only entitled to vote with your money if you actually pledge.

There is no secret the more successfull creators is the ones that good at build their community and fanbase as well. But that does as well come at the cost of certain skills, language barriers etc. Not as easy for everyone to make happen.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
The concept behind the Patreon process is supposed to be one of support, not control and nothing to do with content release speed...

Sure, if a person/group is utilizing the Patreon system to support thier craft, and they are making a lot of money from it and are slow to produce anything or never produce anything, then I might say that the supporters are right in having a grievance, but technically the only real voice they have is to stop supporting... The Patreon system does have it's flaws, and there are probably some folks out there that do abuse the system to make a profit while not putting in any work on purpose, but when the donation amounts are really small per month, I seriously doubt that is the case... Don't get me wrong, there really is no way of knowing, but artists typically always struggle financially in order to do what they love... The Patreon system is intended to help them out, and it's based on a totally volunteer donation system... If an artist even offers rewards you should feel lucky, because there is nothing in the system that requires them to do so... It's almost like giving to a charity in a way, without the tax credit...

Donators who feel entitled because they donate, shouldn't have donated in the first place... And folks who don't donate, should definitely not feel entitled, as they didn't even donate in support of the artist anyhow... Nothing in the Patreon system requires the artist to even communicate with the donators, so an expectation of communication is un-realistic... It is very cool when the artists keep up with communcation, and alot of them do, but sometimes stuff happens, and getting upset doesn't help anything... And complaining is not constructive, and typically does nothing to change anything, even if it makes folks feel better to do so... Donating really just means you support the artist, and there are no strings attached even if a donator feels like there should be... The best way to communicate your dissatisfaction with an artist is to stop donating... That's my 2 cents on the whole subject... Stepping down off my soap box... :p

Last edited:

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
Sorry but how can we know what we're helping dev build if he's not communicating.
Maybe he change his drections something I don't like or maybe completely abandon the project.
For the record I pledge for 5 months and never make complains or anything like that. I'm pledging 10+ dev and I know how patrons works.

Last edited:
U

User_51567

The concept behind the Patreon process is supposed to be one of support, not control and nothing to do with content release speed...

Sure, if a person/group is utilizing the Patreon system to support thier craft, and they are making a lot of money from it and are slow to produce anything or never produce anything, then I might say that the supporters are right in having a grievance, but technically the only real voice they have is to stop supporting... The Patreon system does have it's flaws, and there are probably some folks out there that do abuse the system to make a profit while not putting in any work on purpose, but when the donation amounts are really small per month, I seriously doubt that is the case... Don't get me wrong, there really is no way of knowing, but artists typically always struggle financially in order to do what they love... The Patreon system is intended to help them out, and it's based on a totally volunteer donation system... If an artist even offers rewards you should feel lucky, because there is nothing in the system that requires them to do so... It's almost like giving to a charity in a way, without the tax credit...

Donators who feel entitled because they donate, shouldn't have donated in the first place... And folks who don't donate, should definitely not feel entitled, as they didn't even donate in support of the artist anyhow... Nothing in the Patreon system requires the artist to even communicate with the donators, so an expectation of communication is un-realistic... It is very cool when the artists keep up with communcation, and alot of them do, but sometimes stuff happens, and getting upset doesn't help anything... And complaining is not constructive, and typically does nothing to change anything, even if it makes folks feel better to do so... Donating really just means you support the artist, and there are no strings attached even if a donator feels like there should be... The best way to communicate your dissatisfaction with an artist is to stop donating... That's my 2 cents on the whole subject... Stepping down off my soap box... :p
I agree with you.
BUT if the last activity on the Patreon Page is from 2 November 2017, and there are NO communications ..
Well....At that point the people who are pledging have a "right" to start asking or even complaining where he is..

I understand that Devs are not required to communicate with us, but a simple message goes a long way..
But over 2 months without any communication...That is to much.
I was a pledge to him, but i canceled it a couple days ago when it was 2 months..
And it looks like i'm not the only one, at this point he is doing so much damage to his own Name that when(or better said IF)he comes back...Well... He will not have anything to go back to..

And that's such a waste.
Because i pledged to him because this was a average game but with the potential to be one of the better ones out here..
And he got nothing to blame but himself at this point.

But my 2 cents of the future of this game?.
There isn't any...
-Or the Dev lost motivation to work on this game.
-Or the Dev lost Motivation when Patreon started their Crusade on Incest themed Games.
-Or the Dev has some Personal issues and that's why he can not work (But that seems unlikely to me, because a "normal" person would communicate something.).

Ah well.
Will not be the first game with good potential on the abandoned list.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I agree with you.
BUT if the last activity on the Patreon Page is from 2 November 2017, and there are NO communications ..
Well....At that point the people who are pledging have a "right" to start asking or even complaining where he is..

I understand that Devs are not required to communicate with us, but a simple message goes a long way..
But over 2 months without any communication...That is to much.
I was a pledge to him, but i canceled it a couple days ago when it was 2 months..
And it looks like i'm not the only one, at this point he is doing so much damage to his own Name that when(or better said IF)he comes back...Well... He will not have anything to go back to..

And that's such a waste.
Because i pledged to him because this was a average game but with the potential to be one of the better ones out here..
And he got nothing to blame but himself at this point.

But my 2 cents of the future of this game?.
There isn't any...
-Or the Dev lost motivation to work on this game.
-Or the Dev lost Motivation when Patreon started their Crusade on Incest themed Games.
-Or the Dev has some Personal issues and that's why he can not work (But that seems unlikely to me, because a "normal" person would communicate something.).

Ah well.
Will not be the first game with good potential on the abandoned list.
It happens in all industries... Not much you can do about it but drop support, move on, and hope for the best... When a dev/author stops communicating, there isn't much else to do... You can talk about it to relieve stress, but in the end, it most likely means nothing, when no-one is listening (i.e. the dev/author)... Plus, with the nature of patron sites, communication isn't mandated by those sites... And there is always real life stuff that sometimes happens... Is that an excuse, maybe or maybe not... But I do agree, it is sad and disheartening when something you enjoy ends abruptly without warning, leaving that sense of emptiness behind... Oh well...

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote