Others Abandoned Reclaim Reality [v0.05 Public Build] [HentaiWriter]

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Small feedback:
The slight fade effect of text as it disappears can be a bit annoying if I'm trying to read quickly.
You should be able to double click or hold Ctrl to bypass that fade :)

So the edits are going to take more than we thought, about another 24-32-ish hours we're estimating. However, that's because in addition to everything listed above, we'll be adding;

- A rudimentary gallery (no SFX, visual effects, text, voices, but it'll be unlocked once you beat the demo once, and it unlocks all sex scenes, even if you didn't see them)
- New end-demo screens with clickable characters to hear their themes and future boss gameplay animations
- A fix for a black screen problem some people seem to be having on the HTML5 Newgrounds demo

tsukiouji

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for sharing here! Ever since the BS with Patreon, I haven't been able to support anything (credit won't let me do stuff based outside of continental US, and I can't support NSFW projects through Paypal because of THEIR idiocy....), and I was looking forward to this since you first teased it! I supported FF for a while, at least, but then things just got away from me >.>

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for sharing here! Ever since the BS with Patreon, I haven't been able to support anything (credit won't let me do stuff based outside of continental US, and I can't support NSFW projects through Paypal because of THEIR idiocy....), and I was looking forward to this since you first teased it! I supported FF for a while, at least, but then things just got away from me >.>
Glad to hear you're interested in this; you should be able to use PayPal to pledge on Patreon though, they have a special agreement for that :)

tsukiouji

Jul 21, 2017
Not for NSFW stuff, though. Alternatively, maybe just something along the way refuses to cooperate >.<

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Not for NSFW stuff, though. Alternatively, maybe just something along the way refuses to cooperate >.<
Yep, for NSFW stuff, PayPal has a special agreement with Patreon;

It's been that way for a few years, unless you're saying your particular paypal account isn't working with Patreon when you've tried, etc.

tsukiouji

Jul 21, 2017
Yep, for NSFW stuff, PayPal has a special agreement with Patreon;

It's been that way for a few years, unless you're saying your particular paypal account isn't working with Patreon when you've tried, etc.
Correct.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah, damn, I wish I could help then :( that sucks that Patreon's rejecting it specifically, there's been some stuff on there where specific accounts get rejected and no one seems to know why or how to fix it.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
We updated the demo pretty significantly; it's changed a fair amount in features and dialogue!

for the browser build, and
for the downloadable build!

We've added/changed the following;
  • Semi-reworked plot structure
  • Highlights on important text to make reading/skimming easier
  • Much faster text skip/text scrolling
  • 30-40% of the script culled for main story stuff for easier readability
  • Hover-text for clickable areas to draw attention to them
  • Various bugfixes and features
  • A gallery added at the start (unlocked once you beat the game once)
  • A controls tutorial screen
Please let us know what you think of the new build and if you like it more than the last one if you played it previously, or if this is your first time playing it, please let us know what you think of it in general!

We also have a Patreon at ; after investing over $18,000 into this demo (and future content), if we don't hit $2,000 a month in funding on Patreon by the end of February, we'll be unable to pay our team enough to be able to continue the game, unfortunately.

So if you do enjoy the game after playing it, please consider supporting us! Any support helps lots :)

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
What is this madness....

Female Protag and the lesbian tag?

Is this game all for me, all mine, all for Ava?
You're just learning about this game? I thought you'd be all over it the second it showed up on here, considering its basically made for you.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You're just learning about this game? I thought you'd be all over it the second it showed up on here, considering its basically made for you.
I feel slight shame knowing I completely missed this. It literally has everything I look for and i've only just found it.

I don't deserve to call myself a gamer anymore.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I feel slight shame knowing I completely missed this. It literally has everything I look for and i've only just found it.

I don't deserve to call myself a gamer anymore.
No need to feel shame :p definitely try it out and if you like it or don't like it, feel free to let us know what you did/didn't like; we're always welcoming critique and we plan to improve a lot of the stuff in the demo...

...provided we actually hit $2000 on Patreon by the end of February and can keep going with development on it, that is.

But I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and keep trying to spread it as far and wide as I can so I can keep paying the team good rates/keep the game's development going!

Reactions: RedPillBlues

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
I hope you guys achieve the necessary support on Patreon before February.

Would be sad to see this game abandoned :(

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
...provided we actually hit $2000 on Patreon by the end of February and can keep going with development on it, that is.
I don't think that's going to happen, to be honest. If ye haven't broken the 1000 barrier by now, it won't happen for a while yet. Try posting the game on every forum you know of, and ye might reach your target. If ye don't, perhaps you could drop a member of your team (cruel, maybe), which would improve your budget. Or do it in your free time.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I don't think that's going to happen, to be honest. If ye haven't broken the 1000 barrier by now, it won't happen for a while yet. Try posting the game on every forum you know of, and ye might reach your target. If ye don't, perhaps you could drop a member of your team (cruel, maybe), which would improve your budget. Or do it in your free time.
Unfortunately, we can't drop anyone; we would literally be losing the game engine or all the backgrounds or all the sprites etc.

Plus, I wouldn't drop any of them after they busted their ass on the game, of course.

Working on it in our free time might work for me, but for the artists, who have people begging them to work for them for ten times the pay the Patreon currently offers, it wouldn't be fair to them to ask them to stay on and work pro bono, especially after all the work they've already put in.

There are still lots of places to post it though, we'll definitely be marketing the hell out of it starting now! I've still got faith it's possible :)

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017
I found an issue where the nanomachine shadow has appeared, but Melinda keeps getting fired upon. This occurs at the very beginning of the game.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I found an issue where the nanomachine shadow has appeared, but Melinda keeps getting fired upon. This occurs at the very beginning of the game.
Huh, that should only happen after you've hit it twice; were you on newgrounds or did you download it?