VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.7] [Passion Portal]

4.10 star(s) 39 Votes

RYOUSC

Jan 11, 2021
She's the main character. That is why she is on Poster.
I do hope the main girl is related to MC in some way, even if she's not the daughter. Nothing would make their chemistry hotter than a blood-relation. That's just my wishful thinking anyway. :p Good job on your writing, I'm so invested in the plot. Can't wait for the eventual reveal about who's who.

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
Yeah, because it's not creepy hearing a private conversation, I never saw the option to say she looks sexy, no creepy at all trying to peek at someone in the bathroom or looking away at a person coming out of the shower that you just meet, sorry but your definition of being creepy is way off, I have no problem with the creep thing, is the writing that make it feel off, like that monologue where the mc gets home and comment about Bob's figure, that was just dumb.
I agree, I tend to take a roleplay approach to AVN's, I never choose the creep on the girl in the bathroom option. If it turns out that I needed to act like a creep in order to unlock later content then the game is probably not for me..
Also a choice is not really a choice if one option unlocks, and the other option locks out content.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
I agree, I tend to take a roleplay approach to AVN's, I never choose the creep on the girl in the bathroom option. If it turns out that I needed to act like a creep in order to unlock later content then the game is probably not for me..
Also a choice is not really a choice if one option unlocks, and the other option locks out content.
I will try to balance points by next update, to make it more easy to get them.

Reactions: Feyd

Alphamale2467

Mar 25, 2022
It's better if you make the game you want to play than to try to make the game others want to play. You can end working on something you're disgusted with if you're too focused on what kinks are popular among alt accounts.
True if his passion is making games. False if his passion is getting supporters. There are lots of tags/kinks I'm not into, but only three of them are deal-breakers. The rest, I deal with if the game is good. I think a lot of folks here are the same way, though their three might vary.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
There is very strong foreshadowing that Olivia is the daughter
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even so, the nameless main girl (we've really got to give her a fan name. I named her Kate) is still in the running because the old guy did say she reminded him of Liz. So while one is more likely than the other it remains anyone's ball game.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

Even so, the nameless main girl (we've really got to give her a fan name. I named her Kate) is still in the running because the old guy did say she reminded him of Liz. So while one is more likely than the other it remains anyone's ball game.
That'd be a sweet outcome considering what happened. I vote for that! :)

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Maybe, but then the Secretary isn't. Olivia and the Secretary look nothing alike. But there is quite a strong resemblance between Elizabeth and the Secretary.

Maybe they are both the MC's daughters with different mothers? :unsure:

My thoughts on the update: Story wise very nice, but I am less enthousiastic about the implementation of the points system. A lot of paths were suddenly closed because I was too much of a gentleman...

Reactions: Passion_Portal

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Maybe, but then the Secretary isn't. Olivia and the Secretary look nothing alike. But there is quite a strong resemblance between Elizabeth and the Secretary.

Maybe they are both the MC's daughters with different mothers? :unsure:

My thoughts on the update: Story wise very nice, but I am less enthousiastic about the implementation of the points system. A lot of paths were suddenly closed because I was too much of a gentleman...
The main character has only one daughter :)

By the next update, I will try to balance the points (except in cases when the paths will be blocked according to the plot)

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
At the end of the update, Chloe was talking about a mystery date in the dark. This was news to me as my choices never triggered the livestream or video call. So that was weird. Played a few more times, and managed the video call, but not livestream. I see there's solutions posted for that but didn't really care for the choices (didn't make sense to me).

I'm glad you're re-thinking the point system. In simplest terms, choosing between vanilla or chocolate ice cream with Character 1 shouldn't determine whether or not Character 2, 3, or 4 are going to decide this or that. I agree that different characters can influence others, and the MC's state of mind, but I'm really not interested in using unren to read the script after the fact, to figure out why some options are related, that make little to no sense, in my opinion.

I'd like to see more autonomy between characters and freedom of choice, but hell, I'm honestly going to play it no matter what, even if only out of curiosity.

So far its pretty good, and interesting.

Reactions: maxorka

eithan78

Jul 1, 2017
People tend to be mean if they don't get things going their way. There's the video game dilemma, even in a AVN. How much friction to put to get people engaged but not to push them away.

I'm far from a connoisseur or even a dev in any capacity, but since you are active here let me give my two cents, unrequested. I'm only a 'costumer', lets say, but somewhat exigent one. I'm don't play for a quick fap and done. I want to feel invested. I'm not a writer, but I DM D&D games and spend way too much time on the storytelling part of the game.

That being said, I'm loving what I've seen so far. Specially your art style, composition and the renders. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's your first project, writing, coding and rendering alone, am I right? I think you are doing an amazing job, giving our position and only being able to do it as a side thing, 3 hours/day at your free time. I feel there's a lot of potential here and hope you get your patreon goingso you can afford a new dedicated rig to give us even great renders. I mean, the best MILF I've seen here.

About the story, I feel like it's a simple one without any big plot and twists. And there's a good thing. If you don't really have that much time daily, getting huge and complex plot might be hard and in the end unfufilling if not done right. I personally like to see development between relationship in a AVN, more so than something weird and big. I don't know if you ever played, but the games from Tlaero and Tora were super railroled and straightfoward. They had some big plot with powers and a shared universe, but overwall what was being developed was the relationship between the MC and LC. Well, I think some of them have almost 10 years so they might fell dated and you'd be right, but those relationships made those games for me. And because of that I remember the games and their names. "I came for the fap and stayed for the plot" :ROFLMAO:

About your story and addressing some of the stuff that has being said, it feels like the assistant is the daughter. It feels like you are setting up for her to fit the shoe. I'm not even found of incest usually, but hey I love Desert Stalker so who am I to judge. I do, however, fear two things. A bait is fine and common, but care to not be too overboarding and frustrate people. If you really want to create a mystery go deeper with it, not only with her. Second, as I read your justification as to how is not even that clear that she is, I fear you might consider changing your plans to make her not be the daugther, if that was your original idea, just to prove one or two buzzing mosquitos in you ear. Not saying that you would do that. What I'm saying is that I've seen way to many people going that route, and as I read that comment, it gave me that feeling. Stick to your guts.

As a final comment, about the Olivia and locked interactions. What I feel it is way too early to have way too severe of consequences of your choices. It feels bad. And I'm not talking about Olivia only. Same with other parts. To have the 'Be rude' to Bob locked behind just on the choice of comment about his wife, on the second interaction with him, is way to rash and way too soon. A scenario that I wasn't a creep talking about his wife, but stressed out and being rude about a sensible matter is reasonable thing to happen. So it feels unfulfilling to have that locked at that point in time. Oliva lewd scene is more reasonable in my opinion, but I think also is way too soon to have it locked behind that much 'score'. (If I understand correctly, there's a score on overall lust of your MC). Because of that, I feel like at this point of the game, that whole interaction better suited to not be the reward to a high lust score, but one to increase it (along side some corruption points if you are going that path). Again, I think it's all about timing here, and setting up the character the players wants. To have that almost set up in the first interactions feels bad. Even if you plan a short game and need things to get going quickly, it still feels too soon, even in a % point of view it isn't. See "Being a DIK". A thing they did amazing in my opinion, in a score based game, is the CHICK-DIK 'ruler'. A single choice doesn't put in an extreme or another. But a series of choices that sowly push you to an end. Most of the time you can chose a dik move or a chick move, and sometimes something big related to the plot is locked behind your affinity, because that made sense in the narrative. Again, with Olivia feels way too soon to have it locked. Because it feels like we are still developing who MC is. And who he's gonna be going foward.

That's that. Sorry about the wall of text. English is not my first language so I get anxyous sometimes to write something besides the usual memes. But something drove me to write it. Hope to reach you in a good way. I only mean weel. I feel there's huge potential here and it's looking good so far. Go nuts nad have fun!

Another thing. Can I ask a personal request? I don't know the reason behind making us choose the name of the assistant. MC is common, but no choice besides to give her a name yourself was awkward to me. I personally don't like naming characters so the best middle ground in my opinion is to have a given name, and the option to change it (to change even that that exact moment in the dialog. Something like "Her given name is xxxx. You can change it if you want."

Last edited:

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
People tend to be mean if they don't get things going their way. There's the video game dilemma, even in a AVN. How much friction to put to get people engaged but not to push them away.

I'm far from a connoisseur or even a dev in any capacity, but since you are active here let me give my two cents, unrequested. I'm only a 'costumer', lets say, but somewhat exigent one. I'm don't play for a quick fap and done. I want to feel invested. I'm not a writer, but I DM D&D games and spend way too much time on the storytelling part of the game.

That being said, I'm loving what I've seen so far. Specially your art style, composition and the renders. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's your first project, writing, coding and rendering alone, am I right? I think you are doing an amazing job, giving our position and only being able to do it as a side thing, 3 hours/day at your free time. I feel there's a lot of potential here and hope you get your patreon goingso you can afford a new dedicated rig to give us even great renders. I mean, the best MILF I've seen here.

About the story, I feel like it's a simple one without any big plot and twists. And there's a good thing. If you don't really have that much time daily, getting huge and complex plot might be hard and in the end unfufilling if not done right. I personally like to see development between relationship in a AVN, more so than something weird and big. I don't know if you ever played, but the games from Tlaero and Tora were super railroled and straightfoward. They had some big plot with powers and a shared universe, but overwall what was being developed was the relationship between the MC and LC. Well, I think some of them have almost 10 years so they might fell dated and you'd be right, but those relationships made those games for me. And because of that I remember the games and their names. "I came for the fap and stayed for the plot" :ROFLMAO:

About your story and addressing some of the stuff that has being said, it feels like the assistant is the daughter. It feels like you are setting up for her to fit the shoe. I'm not even found of incest usually, but hey I love Desert Stalker so who am I to judge. I do, however, fear two things. A bait is fine and common, but care to not be too overboarding and frustrate people. If you really want to create a mystery go deeper with it, not only with her. Second, as I read your justification as to how is not even that clear that she is, I fear you might consider changing your plans to make her not be the daugther, if that was your original idea, just to prove one or two buzzing mosquitos in you ear. Not saying that you would do that. What I'm saying is that I've seen way to many people going that route, and as I read that comment, it gave me that feeling. Stick to your guts.

As a final comment, about the Olivia and locked interactions. What I feel it is way too early to have way too severe of consequences of your choices. It feels bad. And I'm not talking about Olivia only. Same with other parts. To have the 'Be rude' to Bob locked behind just on the choice of comment about his wife, on the second interaction with him, is way to rash and way too soon. A scenario that I wasn't a creep talking about his wife, but stressed out and being rude about a sensible matter is reasonable thing to happen. So it feels unfulfilling to have that locked at that point in time. Oliva lewd scene is more reasonable in my opinion, but I think also is way too soon to have it locked behind that much 'score'. (If I understand correctly, there's a score on overall lust of your MC). Because of that, I feel like at this point of the game, that whole interaction better suited to not be the reward to a high lust score, but one to increase it (along side some corruption points if you are going that path). Again, I think it's all about timing here, and setting up the character the players wants. To have that almost set up in the first interactions feels bad. Even if you plan a short game and need things to get going quickly, it still feels too soon, even in a % point of view it isn't. See "Being a DIK". A thing they did amazing in my opinion, in a score based game, is the CHICK-DIK 'ruler'. A single choice doesn't put in an extreme or another. But a series of choices that sowly push you to an end. Most of the time you can chose a dik move or a chick move, and sometimes something big related to the plot is locked behind your affinity, because that made sense in the narrative. Again, with Olivia feels way too soon to have it locked. Because it feels like we are still developing who MC is. And who he's gonna be going foward.

That's that. Sorry about the wall of text. English is not my first language so I get anxyous sometimes to write something besides the usual memes. But something drove me to write it. Hope to reach you in a good way. I only mean weel. I feel there's huge potential here and it's looking good so far. Go nuts nad have fun!

Another thing. Can I ask a personal request? I don't know the reason behind making us choose the name of the assistant. MC is common, but no choice besides to give her a name yourself was awkward to me. I personally don't like naming characters so the best middle ground in my opinion is to have a given name, and the option to change it (to change even that that exact moment in the dialog. Something like "Her given name is xxxx. You can change it if you want."
Thank you so much for your comprehensive and thoughtful comment.
I want to reassure you and all players that the plot of the game is already set and won't be changed based on requests to add or remove certain elements. I've received suggestions to alter the storyline, but I believe in the integrity of the original plot and intend to stick to it. That said, I do listen to advice and feedback specifically about the game mechanics. These can be adjusted to create a more enjoyable experience for the players.
As for the character name issue, I hear your concern. In the next update, I will include a default name :)

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Thank you so much for your comprehensive and thoughtful comment.
I want to reassure you and all players that the plot of the game is already set and won't be changed based on requests to add or remove certain elements. I've received suggestions to alter the storyline, but I believe in the integrity of the original plot and intend to stick to it. That said, I do listen to advice and feedback specifically about the game mechanics. These can be adjusted to create a more enjoyable experience for the players.
As for the character name issue, I hear your concern. In the next update, I will include a default name :)
Thank you, that last one was the only difficult question I had, which name should I choose for my assistant/daughter...

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of Reclaiming the Lost v0.4.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Made a compressed Android port of Reclaiming the Lost v0.4.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: Pixeldrain
Thank you. I'll add link to your comment in the mainpage when I get home.

Reactions: Eonor

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I'll be honest, when I read:

"...a man sets out on a journey to find his lost daughter.

In his search, he meets a strange and compelling young girl. Together, they delve into the mysteries of the past, following a trail of clues and half-remembered moments as they try to track down the daughter he never knew he had.
"

...right in the intro, my immediate assumption after years of experience with stories and knowing how tropes and plot twists work, is that the girl he's looking for is going to be the one he's with the entire time. That's about the most blatant assumption possible.
I can't even with the fact that none of you compared the plot (loosely) to that of the movie Oldboy.
I haven't played the game, so don't spoil anything please!

Jan 15, 2019
OK, so I have a MAJOR concern with this game. It's too much like real life, I mean girls that actually lock the bathroom door, where do you find people like this? Also girls that get in a scary situation and don't jump in your arms and accidently feel your massive cock poking them?

Please note the sarcasm

4.10 star(s) 39 Votes