VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.7] [Passion Portal]

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes

iamtheuser

Sep 11, 2021
How to get 0.5 updates on mac?
There was some version available for v0.5 in mac too, but doesn't work as some needed files were placed outside the directory. All you need to do is download and move manually contents inside the packages by making a folder autorun and placing stuffs there.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
For me this update was 1-2 minutes and no sex scenes. Does that depend on the choices I've made before? First it was a scene after they talked with the father and then I had a scene when he came home to his aparment and he talked with Bob. That was all. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
For me this update was 1-2 minutes and no sex scenes. Does that depend on the choices I've made before? First it was a scene after they talked with the father and then I had a scene when he came home to his aparment and he talked with Bob. That was all. :(
To access the "Movie Night" event: At the start of the game when Chloe is streaming, choose "Don't bother her." Later in the game at the hotel, pick "Call Chloe."
Depending on your choices, there will be two different scenes with Chloe in her room at the end."

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Quick question, Is the incest patch a fan patch or was the game intended with the patch?

taswsz

Aug 20, 2020
Yes, you have to be careful to choose. It's good to experiment with which choices lead to which results but basically there are 2 paths, a romantic love based path and a lust dominated path.
plz could u share ur wt file? thx

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
Seems like Chloe is my favorite DAZ model Polina, at least someone's using it. But after reading the comments and watching the beginning of the game I don't want to continue play, slow development and too much depends on choice in answers. I just started playing and already there are blocked answer choices. Why make the game so not player friendly?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Seems like Chloe is my favorite DAZ model Polina, at least someone's using it. But after reading the comments and watching the beginning of the game I don't want to continue play, slow development and too much depends on choice in answers. I just started playing and already there are blocked answer choices. Why make the game so not player friendly?
I watched a tutorial on visual novel design not too far back and there were two competing philosophies on how to design it. The first was like a spider web. The first choice is at the very center and every choice takes the story in a different direction. While moving through the connections of the web, you might eventually find yourself moving in the same direction that your first choice would have taken you in general to purpose of designing like this is for the impact of your decisions to be felt from that very first decision. That seems to be the philosophy of this game. What more often is seen is the other model, the tangled branch, where there are only a few different outcomes in mind and thus the story moves in one direction with the decisions branching back into the same storyline. While impactful on a relationship or two, the decisions only will be felt for a scene or two at most before the story reconnects and keeps going in the same direction. This is much easier to deal with in the long term. For visual shorthand using the same developer, the Web would be Being a Dik and the Branch would be his previous game Acting Lessons. There are people with problems with both of those games for valid reasons, but you are never going to please everybody. One thing that I think is an interesting decision in this game as well as some others is that it shows you the decisions that you can't make. I don't think that this is a good design principle. If you can't make that decision because of previous decisions it should just be missing. This one little change would help the game quite a bit, because graying out things and making them unclickable only calls attention to the content that is locked off rather than keeping the attention on the story.

Reactions: onefingersalute

4fc61471208

Apr 14, 2023
Any idea why the game has a mix of png, jpgs, webp? (A lot of .webp images are actually jpeg). Is it possible to have the game in original quality (png files)? Thank you.

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
I watched a tutorial on visual novel design not too far back and there were two competing philosophies on how to design it. The first was like a spider web. The first choice is at the very center and every choice takes the story in a different direction. While moving through the connections of the web, you might eventually find yourself moving in the same direction that your first choice would have taken you in general to purpose of designing like this is for the impact of your decisions to be felt from that very first decision. That seems to be the philosophy of this game. What more often is seen is the other model, the tangled branch, where there are only a few different outcomes in mind and thus the story moves in one direction with the decisions branching back into the same storyline. While impactful on a relationship or two, the decisions only will be felt for a scene or two at most before the story reconnects and keeps going in the same direction. This is much easier to deal with in the long term. For visual shorthand using the same developer, the Web would be Being a Dik and the Branch would be his previous game Acting Lessons. There are people with problems with both of those games for valid reasons, but you are never going to please everybody. One thing that I think is an interesting decision in this game as well as some others is that it shows you the decisions that you can't make. I don't think that this is a good design principle. If you can't make that decision because of previous decisions it should just be missing. This one little change would help the game quite a bit, because graying out things and making them unclickable only calls attention to the content that is locked off rather than keeping the attention on the story.
In my opinion, it should have been simpler. And less parameters in the game; love, friendship, lust, submission, it's easy to get confused. Two are enough, like love and corruption for example. The developer wrote in the latest news that he will add a walkthrough, maybe it will be easier with this.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Any idea why the game has a mix of png, jpgs, webp? (A lot of .webp images are actually jpeg). Is it possible to have the game in original quality (png files)? Thank you.
Initially, the renders were in PNG format. However, one of the developers suggested using the webp format instead, as it has a smaller file size without compromising on quality. Moving forward, I'll only use webp. The compression quality in webp is almost negligible, so there's virtually no difference between the original PNG and webp. Sometimes, I need to re-render scenes if there's an error or some issues during the Photoshop processing of the render. In these cases, I might end up keeping a few renders in PNG format.

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes