Mod Ren'Py Reclusive Bay - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [1.0][Shawnchapp]

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I can't move on at Paige's WT step 6. It says on step 6 that I need to say "No, but you need to respect Cascade".
But I have no interaction with Paige other than "I wanted to ask you something" and then "About last time..." which does not allow me to choose a response.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I can't move on at Paige's WT step 6. It says on step 6 that I need to say "No, but you need to respect Cascade".
But I have no interaction with Paige other than "I wanted to ask you something" and then "About last time..." which does not allow me to choose a response.

sound like you going to the royal... the event happens in the kitchen (the kitchen in your house) events for the royal are just marked as "the royal"

ghostch15

Mar 22, 2018
nothing seems to be working right with this mod , says cascade's # 14 "be in living room at night" I tried three nights in a row and nothing , it says Vivian's is completed? but it says #9 "be in dining room at night", "you need to calm your shit and think" but still I'm there and nothing happens and Paige's says completed, but #10 "complete step 9 of Vivian's story"
edit*
ok found cascade's event for #14 its foyer not living room and its late night

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
nothing seems to be working right with this mod , says cascade's # 14 "be in living room at night" I tried three nights in a row and nothing , it says Vivian's is completed? but it says #9 "be in dining room at night", "you need to calm your shit and think" but still I'm there and nothing happens and Paige's says completed, but #10 "complete step 9 of Vivian's story"
edit*
ok found cascade's event for #14 its foyer not living room and its late night
can you send me your save

I'm not sure what you mean it says completed but also showing you the steps....

"#14 its foyer not living room and its late night"

thats odd even the games own tracker/queststage says its night in living room...

Code:
QuestStage('showing_cascade_the_ropes', 'I should check on Cascade in the living room tonight', location = HOUSE_ROOM_LIVING, trigger = 'clock.isNight', gates = 'meeting_summer'),
Are you using other mods? are you on a clean instal or just been copying new versions over the older game version..

Last edited:

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
The mod is updated and the game is up to the latest content i am stuck on Eve 3 and Vivian 12 for some reason in the mod?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
The mod is updated and the game is up to the latest content i am stuck on Eve 3 and Vivian 12 for some reason in the mod?

eve step 3 is talk to her and pick the option But its also an known bug in the game itself (mention in the games own op that it bugs sometimes) So you have to open console (Shift+O) and type

Code:
jump setting_up_for_threesome

as for Viv step 12 can you give more info? or send your save file? when you enter the RBPD click on the right arror to enter the office right?

Last edited:

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
eve step 3 is talk to her and pick the option But its also an known bug in the game itself (mention in the games own op that it bugs sometimes) So you have to open console (Shift+O) and type

Code:
jump setting_up_for_threesome

as for Viv step 12 can you give more info? or send your save file? when you enter the RBPD click on the right arror to enter the office right?
I fixed that issue back in V 39 when I played the game last Since I read it via the OP. It was fixed before I installed the Mod- I'll send the save here though=
I've just completed Eve's maid event and at the RBPD office

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I fixed that issue back in V 39 when I played the game last Since I read it via the OP. It was fixed before I installed the Mod- I'll send the save here though=
I've just completed Eve's maid event and at the RBPD office

Edit: Also just made the fix myself for your save (attached to post)

Ya somehow you still didn't get the flag for the threesome
so you can manually just add it tho through console (Shift+O)
Code:
setting_up_vivian_trigger = True
or replay the whole thing

Code:
jump eve_plan

as for Viv did you never see that scene? or did you turn her down?

Edit ya i see the issue you must've trigger that event before you had the required SL amount so it skip some content (fixed for next version)
so you can either replay the scene and click :why don't you take a break"
Code:
jump vivian_busy_at_work
or manually add the label

Code:
visited_labels.append("bathroom_scene")

Last edited:

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
The mod icon and buttons always blink during dialogue whenever there is an image transition. Twice actually. Once when the last line of text vanishes and another time when the next line of text appears.

That's a bit annoying to have something flash in the corner of my eyes all the time. Maybe you could fix that?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
The "Mod" button at the top right and the text buttons at the bottom right to open/close the mod GUI during the game.
ah the quick menu, none of it should be flashing tho its tied to the game own hud menu, you can disable the quick menu tho or enable the double mod button fix (which should remove the mod menu in scene entirely tho

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
ah the quick menu, none of it should be flashing tho its tied to the game own hud menu, you can disable the quick menu tho or enable the double mod button fix (which should remove the mod menu in scene entirely tho
okay, yeah, I can remove the buttons during scenes, that at least removes the annoyment. During free roam should be enough, but I would fix it anyway. Are the buttons on the dialogue screen? That might be the problem.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
okay, yeah, I can remove the buttons during scenes, that at least removes the annoyment. During free roam should be enough, but I would fix it anyway. Are the buttons on the dialogue screen? That might be the problem.
agian tied to the games own quick menu all i did was add the extra button so when it shows/not shows is based entirely on when the dev of the game themselfs calls that screen same with the hud its all in the games own script files for example at places it says "show hud" or "hide hud" i would have to rewrite every file/script in the game to change that... besides adding the extra button i didn't change anything else about the code for example heres the quick menu code

Code:
    if quick_menu:

hbox:
            style_prefix "quick"

xalign 0.5
            yalign 1.0

textbutton _("Back") action Rollback()
            textbutton _("History") action ShowMenu('history')
            textbutton _("Skip") action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True)
            textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle")
            textbutton _("Save") action ShowMenu('save')
            textbutton _("Q.Save") action QuickSave()
            textbutton _("Q.Load") action QuickLoad()
            textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')

and what i changed it too

Code:
if quick_menu:

vbox:
            style_prefix "quick"
            xalign 1.09
            yalign 0.98
            textbutton _("Shawn's Mod") action ToggleScreen("modmenu") xanchor 1.0
            textbutton _("Skip") action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True) xanchor 1.0
            textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle") xanchor 1.0
            textbutton _("Save") action ShowMenu('save') xanchor 1.0

So all i did was made the list smaller and added mod menu button when it shows and doesn't show i have no control over

but honestly have no clue why its flashing for you tho...

as for the button in the top right corner it shouldn't flash either but i guess it can flash at the moment when the game hides the hud screen and calls the quick menu (it should be pretty much doing it at the same time so it shouldn't be noticeable unless things are "laggy"

Last edited:

CapnMorgan05

Mar 12, 2020
Shawn this is really nice. do you have a list of what the levels should be for each girl at the end of the 43.1 release?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawn this is really nice. do you have a list of what the levels should be for each girl at the end of the 43.1 release?
sadly i don't cause some choices force you to pick one person or the other so there are slight variations and i can't use my own because i know at some point i changed my numbers to test some things and i honestly can't remember which ones i changed and by how much.