Mod Ren'Py Reclusive Bay - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [1.0][Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
This is my error i got using the mod.
thats odd can you send you save and are you using other mods or anything?

cause "ach_scr" isn't in my mod... astleast not in this mod anyways only in the Photohunt one...

Last edited:

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
Sorry...error loading updated mod...anyone else?!?
:confused:

code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/House_Free_roam.rpy", line 36, in script
call screen MC_bedroom_actions
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 514, in execute
File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 517, in execute
File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 518, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'mod/images/btn_mod_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/House_Free_roam.rpy", line 36, in script
call screen MC_bedroom_actions
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3134, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3327, in interact
scene_lists.replace_transient()
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 942, in replace_transient
self.clear(i, True)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 1282, in clear
self.hide_or_replace(layer, i, hide)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 1170, in hide_or_replace
if not oldsle.displayable._handles_event(prefix):
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 484, in _handles_event
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 517, in execute
File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 518, in execute
File "renpy/ui.py", line 951, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 945, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'mod/images/btn_mod_%s.png').

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Sorry...error loading updated mod...anyone else?!?
:confused:

code]
well thats just a lie...
1671474343213.png

Can you make sure both these images are in the mod/images folder

also clean install? and what system are you on?

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
well thats just a lie...
View attachment 2248012

Can you make sure both these images are in the mod/images folder

also clean install? and what system are you on?

First time downloading this game, so yes, install clean and win 10. First time I have problems with your mods. Photo Hunt ok and no problems so far.
I will try everything again (download game and mods). Return again if unsuccessful.

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
First time downloading this game, so yes, install clean and win 10. First time I have problems with your mods. Photo Hunt ok and no problems so far.
I will try everything again (download game and mods). Return again if unsuccessful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feedback>.

(ERROR)=Unzip the mod and put the folder named "GAME" from the mod into your "ReclusiveBay-game" folder and click 'replace files'.:(

(COMPLETE SUCCESS)=Unzip the mod and put the folder named "MOD" from the mod into your "ReclusiveBay-game" folder and click 'replace files'.:D

for me,:rolleyes:

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
so you got it working? but ya as long as the "mod" folder is in the "game" folder all should work fine... so the mod folder should be in "ReclusiveBay-(whateverversion numbers)\game"
Yes... (y)The cheat was how I did it in PH mod.

If the "game"' folder (of mod) is merged with the game folder (the main one) it results in an error when clicking on start. The same error if I merge all the contents of the "mod" folder.(n)

It only works if the "MOD" folder is mixed with the game folder (the main one).

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yes... (y)The cheat was how I did it in PH mod.

If the "game"' folder (of mod) is merged with the game folder (the main one) it results in an error when clicking on start. The same error if I merge all the contents of the "mod" folder.(n)

It only works if the "MOD" folder is mixed with the game folder (the main one).
Yes... the idea is drop the game folder in this folder as the installtion says " put the folder named "game" from the mod into your "ReclusiveBay" folder " so the game foldert gets dropped in the same folder as the exe file.

1671579980202.png

Nebulix

Mar 28, 2018
I'm super stuck with this game. I've unlocked the first 4 characters. Walkthrough says the next main story is to unlock Vivian, after Paige's 5th stage. I've done Paige's 5th stage and can't unlock Vivian yet. The only thing showing up as available is Paige's 7th stage but when I go to the Royal at noon like it says, nothing activates. I can't progress in any way.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I'm super stuck with this game. I've unlocked the first 4 characters. Walkthrough says the next main story is to unlock Vivian, after Paige's 5th stage. I've done Paige's 5th stage and can't unlock Vivian yet. The only thing showing up as available is Paige's 7th stage but when I go to the Royal at noon like it says, nothing activates. I can't progress in any way.
you also have to do Cascade's step 10, not sure how you skip step 6 for Paige tho..

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
There is no mod folder with the file when I downloaded and extracted it. Only the RAR file inside.

see how its says compressed zip? you have to unzip it (uncompress it) not sure why you have a zipped version there i only upload .rar not zip tho... for the rar you need a program like winrar or similar right click the file and click "extract" then you'll have a uncompressed version you can gointo to veiw the "game" folder that contains the mod folder

as per the instruction say in the op

Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod into your "ReclusiveBay" folder and click 'replace files'.
Where did you download it? becuase both link i proviod lead the .rar

Last edited:

raptorcoop022

Apr 3, 2021
see how its says compressed zip? you have to unzip it (uncompress it) not sure why you have a zipped version there i only upload .rar not zip tho... for the rar you need a program like winrar or similar right click the file and click "extract" then you'll have a uncompressed version you can gointo to veiw the "game" folder that contains the mod folder

as per the instruction say in the op

Where did you download it? becuase both link i proviod lead the .rar
When I right click the uncompressed .rar file it does not give me the option to extract. Does it have a different name on windows? And I downloaded the MEGA file on the OP for the mod (1st page).