• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

kilr0y99

Jan 27, 2019
Please keep all bugs/questions related to my mod thread as to not "spam" the game thread (plus means more likely I'll see it since i don't read everything posted in this thread)

As to the question it is depended on completing Step 9 of Vivian's Story. (looks like i fogot to mark that) The purple arrow should be pointing to the correct walkthrough do at anytime for the main questline
Thanks for that. Apologies. Should have asked in the Mod section. I was so close too :). Step 9 of Vivian was the next thing I was going to do.

anthena

Oct 16, 2018
Hey, wondering if someone can help me.

I'm stuck at this point:

1663680033024.png

Doesnt seem to matter how or where I am I cant get passed it and all the other stories are waiting on me progressing Paige's story.

What am I missing?

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Anybody else see a crash when you click on Hints?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/House_Free_roam.rpy", line 36, in script
    call screen MC_bedroom_actions
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 29, in execute
    screen hints():
    screen hints():
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 32, in execute
    default ordered_hints = get_ordered_hints()
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 32, in <module>
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 6, in get_ordered_hints
    ordered = [id for order, id in sorted([(0 if id == 'main' else 2 if id == 'marcus' else 1, id) for id in profiles.keys()], key = lambda pair: (pair[0], pair[1]))]
NameError: global name 'pair' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/House_Free_roam.rpy", line 36, in script
    call screen MC_bedroom_actions
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3174, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen hints():
    screen hints():
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 32, in execute
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 32, in <module>
  File "game/hint.rpy", line 6, in get_ordered_hints
    ordered = [id for order, id in sorted([(0 if id == 'main' else 2 if id == 'marcus' else 1, id) for id in profiles.keys()], key = lambda pair: (pair[0], pair[1]))]
NameError: global name 'pair' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402
Reclusive Bay 0.39.0
Tue Sep 20 14:51:29 2022

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I ran the linter on the game and it found some errors. You might want to click the button in your SDK and check out the bugs that it finds:
1663704696899.png
There are some missing images and some bad labels and a couple typos.

babaex

May 28, 2022
Reclusive Bay [v0.39] [Sacred Sage] Compressed

PC/MAC (3,23GB / 669MB ) : Pixeldrain

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is a bug when you try to open any local map menu. It is only in the compressed version. I mean the PC compressed version. There is no such bug in the normal uncompressed version or in the previous compressed version. The bug report is in the attached file.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
There is a bug when you try to open any local map menu. It is only in the compressed version. I mean the PC compressed version. There is no such bug in the normal uncompressed version or in the previous compressed version. The bug report is in the attached file.
Hmm have tested it and it works just fine for me. Have severals times use the local map and worldmap no error on my side.

Reactions: xapican

babaex

May 28, 2022
Hmm have tested it and it works just fine for me. Have severals times use the local map and worldmap no error on my side.
I don't know how it works for you but the PC version you have uploaded is missing 13 files. Fortunately I was able to fix the local map bug by replacing the entire renpy folder with the one from the previous compressed version. I hope that this won't cause another bug because adding the 13 missing files from the uncompressed version didn't worked - the game wasn't able to start.
I have attached the renpy folder from the previous compressed version in case anyone is trying to find it.

BDI

May 23, 2017
I don't know how it works for you but the PC version you have uploaded is missing 13 files. Fortunately I was able to fix the local map bug by replacing the entire renpy folder with the one from the previous compressed version. I hope that this won't cause another bug because adding the 13 missing files from the uncompressed version didn't worked - the game wasn't able to start.
I have attached the renpy folder from the previous compressed version in case anyone is trying to find it.
Replacing my old renply folder with yours caused the game to not boot up! Fortunately I kept a copy of my old one and it still works.

babaex

May 28, 2022
Replacing my old renply folder with yours caused the game to not boot up! Fortunately I kept a copy of my old one and it still works.
This file is only for the compressed PC version and if you have used it on the compressed PC version this is becoming more and more strange. One thing is for sure or at least for what I was able to download as versions. The 0.39 PC compressed version is missing 13 files from the renpy folder compared to the normal uncompressed version and the normal PC version is working no doubt about it. The 0.38 PC compressed version has the same number of files in the renpy folder as the 0.39 normal PC version. Till now there was no problem with the compressed versions and even the saves between the normal and the compressed versions were completely compatible at least for me.
One other thing: I don't use mods so if anyone is using mods this could cause some conflicts.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
This file is only for the compressed PC version and if you have used it on the compressed PC version this is becoming more and more strange. One thing is for sure or at least for what I was able to download as versions. The 0.39 PC compressed version is missing 13 files from the renpy folder compared to the normal uncompressed version and the normal PC version is working no doubt about it. The 0.38 PC compressed version has the same number of files in the renpy folder as the 0.39 normal PC version. Till now there was no problem with the compressed versions and even the saves between the normal and the compressed versions were completely compatible at least for me.
One other thing: I don't use mods so if anyone is using mods this could cause some conflicts.
I will make a test compression without using the sdk. There seems to be an error while generating the gamefiles.

Haven't done anything to the files at all. we will see if the untauched version have also the errors.

Last edited:

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
A new compression is uploaded. Please check if it works fine or not. With the last compression there was errors that not happen on my side, but caused by miising files in the renpy folder. The new compression should be now fixed.

BDI

May 23, 2017
Sorry, mine is not the compressed version but the regular PC version, again, sorry.

babaex

May 28, 2022
A new compression is uploaded. Please check if it works fine or not. With the last compression there was errors that not happen on my side, but caused by miising files in the renpy folder. The new compression should be now fixed.
It should work fine. I have made a quick run on the 0.39 update with Lily's path. All the files are there and the Local Map menu is usable. No bugs till now. So everything should be OK.

Reactions: Zephea and Exoplast

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
How do I get this scene with paige
Nothing I do seems to work and I tried multiple time, but no luck
Screenshot 2022-09-22 222817.png

babaex

May 28, 2022
How do I get this scene with paige
Nothing I do seems to work and I tried multiple time, but no luck
View attachment 2059201
This scene is related to the flash memory choice. There are 2 paths in this situation with mutually exclusive scenes. One of the paths is to be arrested with Paige and have sex with her in the police stations behind the bars and the other is to run away and to have sex with her at the park. This is the park scene. Both scenes cannot be unlocked in one and the same playthrough unless you use some kind of unlocker but should be unlocked in the main menu.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
This scene is related to the flash memory choice. There are 2 paths in this situation with mutually exclusive scenes. One of the paths is to be arrested with Paige and have sex with her in the police stations behind the bars and the other is to run away and to have sex with her at the park. This is the park scene. Both scenes cannot be unlocked in one and the same playthrough unless you use some kind of unlocker but should be unlocked in the main menu.
Thanks

grumble314

Nov 23, 2021
hey Dev, i don't know if this is bug or i'm missing something, but i'm in hints say '' i should talk to Eve, and let her know i am about to talk to Vivian. '' but when i trie in RBPD she doens't have any dialogue about and i can't enter in her room.
Was this ever resolved as I am having the same issues with Eve all the other paths are completed but stuck at the beggining of hers.

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
Was this ever resolved as I am having the same issues with Eve all the other paths are completed but stuck at the beggining of hers.
I don't know, I haven't played since that update because I'm waiting for the game to accumulate more content for me to play again.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes