BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I haven't played a SuperWriter game since Picture Perfect (which I quite enjoyed) since I have a particular fetish for FD. Reconnecting looks really promising, and the Asian Daughter is :love: Looking forward to seeing how that develops

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
And another update for reconnect :) (with the same update number as before but its truly an update)

Do we have a hero?
I had forgotten about this game, this thread is deaddd. Not sure if the game will be shared here

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I had forgotten about this game, this thread is deaddd. Not sure if the game will be shared here
Well, SW is working on other stuff too, like Sun Breed and Follow the Leader, so this gets more content as the rotation comes back to it. The thread isn't really dead, though; there just hasn't been a ton to post about for a bit. I'm sure the update will end up here at some point.

Jul 2, 2022
Yeah, I didn't expect this thread to be as active with it just starting and the nature of it being shorter novels. Honestly, I'm making it with Steam in mind because they appreciate smaller games much more over there. Interested to see how it will do compared to my full games.

I'll make more anthologies if it does do well and probably stop if it doesn't. We'll see. But there is a lot more content coming to this anthology volume one

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Yeah, I didn't expect this thread to be as active with it just starting and the nature of it being shorter novels. Honestly, I'm making it with Steam in mind because they appreciate smaller games much more over there. Interested to see how it will do compared to my full games.

I'll make more anthologies if it does do well and probably stop if it doesn't. We'll see. But there is a lot more content coming to this anthology volume one
So, the latest version of Reconnecting costs $5/month?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If you're referring to seeing this on Patreon, supporting SuperWriter generally costs whatever his tiers show. Typically creations will be limited to patrons/supporters for a time, and eventually make their way to public availability. You wouldn't be paying for the anthology; you'd be paying to support the creator in general. In exchange, their creations get made available to you before anyone else.

Patreon subscriptions aren't like Steam purchases; it doesn't work like that. You're not buying a product, no matter how you want to look at it. You're contributing to a creator's work overall. I don't even see this anthology listed on Steam unless somehow my search for SuperWriter failed to show it but included Secret Summer and Picture Perfect. However, supporting on Patreon would mean you get access to anything your tier provides, before it's publicly accessible.

Reactions: Emelex
Jul 2, 2022
If you're referring to seeing this on Patreon, supporting SuperWriter generally costs whatever his tiers show. Typically creations will be limited to patrons/supporters for a time, and eventually make their way to public availability. You wouldn't be paying for the anthology; you'd be paying to support the creator in general. In exchange, their creations get made available to you before anyone else.

Patreon subscriptions aren't like Steam purchases; it doesn't work like that. You're not buying a product, no matter how you want to look at it. You're contributing to a creator's work overall. I don't even see this anthology listed on Steam unless somehow my search for SuperWriter failed to show it but included Secret Summer and Picture Perfect. However, supporting on Patreon would mean you get access to anything your tier provides, before it's publicly accessible.
It's as Cookiemonster said, though the anthology is only going on Steam once complete. And if you do just want to play Reconnecting now, you can patron to the AnthologyWriter tier for $5 and get access or $10 to get all 3 games I currently have in development.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I don't know how I missed this, since I love majority of the Dev's other works, but I'm going to correct that now. The story sounds good and it looks great. I'm curious about one thing but I'll just play it and get the answer in game. It should be stated earlier in the story.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Secret Summer was replaced with THIS!!!!!!!!, In my opinion one of the worst mistakes you'll ever make, No likable characters, sketchy storylines, and disjointed play, will deffo not be keeping my eyes open for this
I fail to see how a complete game is 'replaced'. It's done, wtf else is he supposed to do, keep making minor tweaks and re-releasing it like he was EA, or Bethesda milking Skyrim one more time?

3.70 star(s) 17 Votes