4.40 star(s) 103 Votes

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
I guess... My rule for Patreon/SS is to pay only when an update is out. Scammers abuse the donation/support system. I treat Patreon/SS just like Steam or other stores that sell software. You will only get money when you deliver something.
Nothing wrong with supporting an indy project you care about though. Like if they get to the point where the direction of the project you enjoyed isn't what you thought it was gonna be. Just pull support. That's what I do

Reactions: Aristos and Xumeey

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It's less than that. 82 renders to be exact plus some collectables and bios for the main LIs.
if that is the case the dev should change his nick to letrayeur (pardon me french, lads), as he is doing fine damn job there:BootyTime:

well, it is what it is...at least there is a breakthrough in animated trailers...and there are all those great pinups and previews...what more could an average supporter/player want:KEK:
#icstorschool_proudgraduate

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
if that is the case the dev should change his nick to letrayeur (pardon me french, lads), as he is doing fine damn job there:BootyTime:

well, it is what it is...at least there is a breakthrough in animated trailers...and there are all those great pinups and previews...what more could an average supporter/player want:KEK:
#icstorschool_proudgraduate
I didn't know the word "trayeur" existed but even so it was understandable :LOL:

• Hey there
Reactions: Abhai

CrumblePi

Jun 15, 2023
Not really since he's done a lot of renders for other things as well (i.e. the trailer)
Sounds like a resource mismanagement.
It's clear that LeFrench (and LeVision) have completely fumbled the scope of 0.9 was supposed to be if they spent time and effort on everything but the game. Red Lucy is not a service, but they seem to treat it like one.

It's a shame to see another talented dev go to waste like that.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I thought he meant "the milker", "le trayeur" is a quite correct translation. The word "trayeur" is far from being common, except among cattle breeders, I guess, but it's easily understood.

About the judgment, I tend to trust LeFrench. Mais, on attend, on attend toujours :ROFLMAO:
well, thanks for clarifying it.
seems as other user has trouble understanding english, and probably french also, while he/she/it think his understanding is perfect..surprise, surprise :BootyTime:

Reactions: Udayana

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Man thats too bad. What are all the upgrades with animations he was talking about?
There are new animations but it's only for the bios where the LIs profiles move around like the dolls in the Adventure of Willy D game. The update itself is less than 5 minutes with zero animations.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Sounds like a resource mismanagement.
It's clear that LeFrench (and LeVision) have completely fumbled the scope of 0.9 was supposed to be if they spent time and effort on everything but the game. Red Lucy is not a service, but they seem to treat it like one.

It's a shame to see another talented dev go to waste like that.
How is it NOT a service?

• Angry
Reactions: Ru1n

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
It's a kinetic visual novel, not a service like Netflix or Windows.

What any AVN dev has is a product which development you can support with donations. Simple as that.
That makes zero sense.......

How are they treating it something akin to Netflix? The development for the next release has taken a long time otherwise nothing has changed from before.

• Angry
Reactions: Ru1n

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Nothing wrong with supporting an indy project you care about though. Like if they get to the point where the direction of the project you enjoyed isn't what you thought it was gonna be. Just pull support. That's what I do
That's what I do: I join a dev's flock in silence when I think it's worth it, and I quietly leave the flock when I start questioning if it's worth it any longer. No fuss or drama; I gave that person my support of my own free will, and it's only my fault if I don't pull it when I think I should. It's been a few times I've done that, the last one less than a month ago.

Last edited:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello everyone,
Our last game update was a little less extensive we know that. It would have taken even longer to get everything done as there just wasn't enough time this year but Vision pushed me to upload the first half (Mostly the new Studio "Feature") early.
But don't worry! The second half is on its way very soon!
Your access to the website will remain on the same tier as it is now until the content update is available.
We are working hard behind the scenes to put the finishing touches to it. Your support means a lot to us and keeps us going.
Thank you for being so fantastic and sticking with us!
See you all later, The LeFrench Games Team
... and btw Landladies now also has access.

PiteXesc

Oct 10, 2022
Don't you guys think you're over reacting a little, and all joining in on the mob mentality of that one person who was obviously attempting to instigate a riot against the developer here? We all know this is a product under development, and those who are supporting are not on a contract to receive certain amounts of imagines on a schedule, but rather simply financing the developer to continue his work. He's doing things to improve previous content, which does not appear as new content for now, but it does improve the final product they will have out for sale one day.

That is the downside to supporting a product under development, but in the end, it is all about supporting a developer creating a product that will not be ready for one or two or even three years, when we sign up on Patreon and/or SubscribeStar.

I know there are scammers out there, milking their patreons, but I really don't get that feeling from these guys.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Don't you guys think you're over reacting a little, and all joining in on the mob mentality of that one person who was obviously attempting to instigate a riot against the developer here? We all know this is a product under development, and those who are supporting are not on a contract to receive certain amounts of imagines on a schedule, but rather simply financing the developer to continue his work. He's doing things to improve previous content, which does not appear as new content for now, but it does improve the final product they will have out for sale one day.

That is the downside to supporting a product under development, but in the end, it is all about supporting a developer creating a product that will not be ready for one or two or even three years, when we sign up on Patreon and/or SubscribeStar.

I know there are scammers out there, milking their patreons, but I really don't get that feeling from these guys.
Who's attempting to instigate a riot? Some of us just reported what was in the update.

Aardvaark77

May 23, 2021
That's what I do: I join a dev's flock in silence when I think it's worth it, and I quietly leave the flock when I start questioning if it's worth it any longer. No fuss or drama; I gave that person my support of my own free will, and it's only my fault if I don't pull it when I think I should. It's been a few times I've done that, the last one less than a month ago.
This is the way. Occasionally if the dev seems sincere I will leave a polite message in patreon explaining my reasoning and wishing them the best. I figure feedback is useful.

Reactions: Aristos

CrumblePi

Jun 15, 2023

Shifting the blame for subverting expectations to people who support the game financially? How classy of you.

Overpromising and underdelivering has to be fought, otherwise we allow people like ICSTOR to "work" scot-free.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Happy New Year from LeFrench Games!
Been at work since last night to expand this version and finalize it. I already have previews coming up. It's all mostly incomplete scenes I have to fill with variations for now. For animations we are done with all 16 of them. I don't think I'll be doing more to avoid wasting further editing time and should expect 250 more renders, there are a couple of very important scenes and dialogues I need to flesh out.
Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with love and that other kind of love !
Roommates now have access to the Update.

4.40 star(s) 103 Votes