4.40 star(s) 104 Votes

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Yeah hopefully not. As far as I could see Lefrench wasn't great at communicating to his followers, but at the very least kept his biggest fans/community on discord, in the loop. I don't know why some devs find it difficult to just tell people, and those who support/have supported their project financially, what's going on. Most people would understand if it was something serious. It takes no time at all to write out a statement on patreon. Artists are weird though lol

Reactions: Darthcrop

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
You didn't get the memo?

View attachment 3872549
As I wrote here a few days ago, that message only shows up on Subscribestar. We, patreon supporters, haven't been notified about anything so far. And what's more, it's been over 15 days since he last wrote anything on Discord either. Not even his channel's mods know anything about him.
In any case, it sounds a bit strange to take a 1.5 month holiday without publishing the new release when the update was supposedly finished, doesn't it?
What's more, if he's making such an announcement, it would make more sense to do it on Patreon, where there are 121 paying subscribers, as opposed to SS, where he only has 11.
But maybe that's just me.

EDIT: Vision has just replied to me on Discord explaining that it was him who paused SS, but unfortunately he can't do the same on Patreon (only LeFrench). He also says that he wrote to the dev to make sure he was OK, and LF replied that he was. It doesn't sound like they have the most fluent communication. So that's how the game stands right now :oops:

Last edited:

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
As I wrote here a few days ago, that message only shows up on Subscribestar. We, patreon supporters, haven't been notified about anything so far. And what's more, it's been over 15 days since he last wrote anything on Discord either. Not even his channel's mods know anything about him.
In any case, it sounds a bit strange to take a 1.5 month holiday without publishing the new release when the update was supposedly finished, doesn't it?
What's more, if he's making such an announcement, it would make more sense to do it on Patreon, where there are 121 paying subscribers, as opposed to SS, where he only has 11.

EDIT: Vision has just replied to me on Discord explaining that it was him who paused SS, but unfortunately he can't do the same on Patreon (only LeFrench). He also says that he wrote to the dev to make sure he was OK, and LF replied that he was. It doesn't sound like they have the most fluent communication. So that's how the game stands right now :oops:
I think you missed a memo too. Why are you calmly posting impartial information :eek: instead of aggressively attacking or blindly defending the dev?? Wrong thread for sure. :LOL:

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020

Respect to vision for responding to you though. The mod said he was going through some serious irl problems

Reactions: Aristos

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Well even more kudos to him then for being calm and factual rather than melodramatic like so many other folks on both sides. (y)
Yeah true, but it is also true that just saying "Unsubscribe" is a crappy business strategy. If they care about that. If not, it is pretty disrespectful to long time supporters, who have been patient and stuck by them.

Last edited:

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Yeah true, but it is also true that just saying "Unsubscribe" is a crappy business strategy. If they care about that. If not, it is pretty disrespectful to long time supporters, who have been patient and stuck by them.
But I think that's a common misperception a lot of people have - that all devs are savvy business people. Many of them are 'artists' or hobbyists who probably got onto sites like Crapreon because other devs (some likely being paid to round up more business by those same sites) encouraged them to do so and oversold just how "amazing" those sites were. To paraphrase a depraved corrupt priest, no one is going to turn down what seems like free money to do what they are already doing.

The catch is that suddenly something they enjoyed becomes a responsibility and a vocal group of people suddenly feel entitled to tell them how to make their game. Not condoning abandonment, but only the devs see and hear everything directed at them (DMs nobody else sees), and they are all very different people who can't possibly all be expected to respond the same way - or the same way you or I might under the same conditions.

Devs are probably naive about what they are getting into when using these sites to receive support, but I think supporters are just as naive if they have any expectations at all about 'getting something back' for their donation. Thinking of it as a gift ifsprobably more realistic. The reality is that devs don't get anywhere near what the supporter is giving once the sleazy middle-man takes their cut. Fuck Patreon up the ass, IMHO. Parasites with good PR that prey on creatives and their fans alike.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
What a shame. This really was one of the best games here in my opinion. I’m really disappointed that it’s ended.

It had a real unique quality in the renders and an engaging storyline. The ladies were all very sexy and the protagonist MC wasn’t bad either. I hope it comes back. :(

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I’m really disappointed that it’s ended.
Nothing's official yet. It only got the tag due to F95 rules. no Patreon updates in 3 months. Both LeFrench and LeVision are going through some private matters right now (unrelated afaik), but LeVision is still posting on discord. Things obviously higher priority than Red Lucy.

I've said it before, but it's situations like this that I wish the 3-month threshold was an "on-hold" tag rather than "abandoned". Abandoned is too hasty and it just makes people jump to conclusions. I've seen plenty of projects come back in similar circumstances.

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
Yeah hopefully not. As far as I could see Lefrench wasn't great at communicating to his followers, but at the very least kept his biggest fans/community on discord, in the loop. I don't know why some devs find it difficult to just tell people, and those who support/have supported their project financially, what's going on. Most people would understand if it was something serious. It takes no time at all to write out a statement on patreon. Artists are weird though lol
its because some devs are assholes. If they can't update their progress report once a month or just disappear for months , they don't deserve patreons.

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
Nothing's official yet. It only got the tag due to F95 rules. no Patreon updates in 3 months. Both LeFrench and LeVision are going through some private matters right now (unrelated afaik), but LeVision is still posting on discord. Things obviously higher priority than Red Lucy.

I've said it before, but it's situations like this that I wish the 3-month threshold was an "on-hold" tag rather than "abandoned". Abandoned is too hasty and it just makes people jump to conclusions. I've seen plenty of projects come back in similar circumstances.
this game is cooked im afraid. Last update was like 5 mins and how long did that take like 6 months?? I doubt this gets another update.

Reactions: Xumeey and qaywsx

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

More often than not, they don't come back.

4.40 star(s) 104 Votes